Seyyah Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kamer Hatun Mh. Kilicarslan Sk. No:14, Istanbul, Turkey

I am running a business in Istanbul and I am a frequent visiter of Istanbul. Usually I stay at friend's home but this time they were aeay for Bayram Holiday and I had to stay at a hostel. Now I have two more friends in Istanbul; Caner & Selcuk. Amazing people with great attitute towards their customers.

• 15th Jul 2015

Great hostel with great owners, they made you feel like you are staying a friends house. Very close to major locations and transportation options. Central but noisy.

• 15th Jul 2015

Good location;close to Taskim square. Caner was very helpful with directions and recommendations when we needed them. 5 minute walk to Main Street where all shops an restaurants are. No real common area-Seyyah is actually 2 buildings. We were in a 6 person dorm in 2nd building. We had our own kitchen which was nice-but lacked in bowls/pots and pans-but all that is in the kitchen in the main busing across the street. Nice rooftop terrace. Would recommed

I was very happy and felt welcome. The room was clean and tidy. Great location, and value for money. I would come here again!

• 5th Jun 2015

Thank you very much for your kind comments! I would love to welcome you again :)

There was a little confusion with my booking, as I made two bookings under the same name, however hostel management solved it by their best capabilities. Otherwise, the facilities are clean, new, hostel is in good location for partying and shopping, yet in a very calm street. Not necessarily the best location for sightseeing, though. Accommodating and helpful staff helped me and my co-travelers with luggage storage due to our early arrival.

A small newly furnished/renovated hostel in great proximity to Istaklal-vibrant main street of Istanbul. Close to shopping and nightlife. If you have any special accommodation requests, as I did, communicate them directly with hostel beforehand, so there is no confusion.

Very nice little hostel and a helpful hostel owner who was there from dusk till dawn. At other times the front door opened with a code. The room (private) was neat, clean and spacious and equipped with fridge and water boiler. The hostel also offered free bottled water. Even though the neighbourhood north of Tarlabasi Blvd kind of has a bad reputation, we never felt threatened even when coming back late at night, and the hostel is really only a three minute walk from the main shopping street.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Finland

Caner was great host! He was always there to recommend anything we ask for. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Location of the hostel is great, the main street is very close. We are very thankful for the kidness we find there! :)

• 22nd May 2015
  • Serbia

The location was a little sketchy but the apartment was nice and clean. The manager was also very helpful.

• 9th May 2015

Very nice little Hostel in the best location of Istanbul! The owner was very friendly and helpful at any time! Best value for money in the whole city I guess! Thanks again!

they were very helpful and accommodating- but it isn't ideal for solo travelers since the rooms don't have common areas or space. a bit off the beaten track but I liked that.

• 16th Apr 2015

Close to the Istiklal but quiet enough to escape the hustle. A bit cramped in the 4 bed dorms but otherwise perfect for a couple of nights. Common room wasn't available for use while I was there.

I was there only for one night, but it was a wonderful one night. The place is clean, the person that met us on check in was nice and very informative, and it was maybe the cheapest hostel around, but we haven't felt it's cheap. I highly recommend this hostel.

Place was very clean, location is awesome, staff was helpfull. Maybe it's due to the fact we choose private bedroom, but in my knowledge, it was no place to meet with other people staying at the hostel same time than us.

Convenient location near Istiklal Caddesi and Taksim Meydani.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

The Hostel is brand new, full equiped and it was really clean. You have free tea, coffee and water all the time and the owner will quindly help you with all the questions you ask him. Everything was perfect!

I stayed in this hostel with three girlfriends. The location was great! Right near Taxim street. Shopping, restaurants and bars are all close by. The room was nice. The only downfalls were that the shower didn't drain well and there was only one mirror in the 4 female room. The hostel didn't really have a central or common area for socializing. But we enjoyed our stay nonetheless! Thanks to the man who worked the front desk! He was very helpful and honest in giving advice for tourists!

The atmosphere of this hostel is created by its owner Coner (hope it's correct)) He was very helpfull thank you! Really worth to visit, reasonable price with all facilities you need. And good location. The only bad thing for me that rooms are for smokers( )))

I had a great stay at Seyyah hostel. The owner made me feel like home, definitely recommended.

Excellent place to stay in Turkey. Chanel was very friendly and help us when we need it. We stayed in a 4 bed room that was nice, with a down floor with a private bathroom, kitchen and sopha. The only thing that i didnt like is that the common area is very small and the place dont promote the intereaction between guests.

• 16th Mar 2015