Seyyah Hostel Reviews

Kamer Hatun Mh. Kilicarslan Sk. No:14, Istanbul, Turkey

second stay, will be back

Great hostel, great facilities, great staff.

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff.

Seyyah is a nice and economic option for a trip in Istambul! They staff is friendly and the heat is always on in the rooms, which is ideal when you go during a cold period. The hostel is very close to taxim where you can find access to metro and tram, it is close to Istiklal street which is full of shops and clubs open during the night, ideal for party! But in the hostel you have no noise because it is on a street above the clubs! 10 min walk from Galatas bridge! I recomment it!

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Greece

Even though the neighbourhood seems kind of sketchy, it is really near the center, Istiklal street which leads to taksim square, just about a quick 7 min walk to all the restaurants and nightlife! The staff is pretty awesome and friendly. No soap or shampoo on rooms, take note of that! But very clean. Very recommended!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

Nice place to stay in Athens just close enough from the awesome Akropoles!! Everything is ok!! Rooms, staff, breakfast...just the cleanliness has to be improved more, especially inside the dormitories and toilets. Despite it...would be back there for sure!!

Helpful and easygoing stuff. Nice interior and great terrace, must be perfect during summertime.

Seyyah hostel is a great hostel to stay, especially if you're on a tight budget. Our room was spacious, heated, quiet and clean. We had clean towels every two days. The staff was really helpful and suggested lots of places to see. Also, Istiklal street (one of the busiest pedestrian streets) is 5 minutes away and Taksim square is 10 minutes away. Location wise it's great. I will definitely return there next year!!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Greece

Was good and clean,funny and nice people's💐

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Algeria

very nice hostel in a very nice nieghborhood in istanbul with a lot of bars and restaurants around! the owners are very friendly and helpfull and they speak very good english so they can give answer on all your questions.

• 14th Nov 2014

The bathroom with toilet and shower is in the room. 1 bathroom for 6 people. Takes some time when everyone gets up at the same time, and it was quite loud. When someone takes a shower late/early and you sleep you'll most likely wake up.

Great hostel with a perfect location and very nice people. I definitely recommend it.

One of the cleanest and best places that I`ve ever stayed. Friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful dog :) good location !

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

I only booked one night in Seyyah Hostel but I ended up staying there for a week - no regrets! The hostel is very nice, centrally located & the staff are nice. When I stayed there I was preparing for a longer stay here in Istanbul and they were very helpful to me, helped me to look up some stuff, had some recommendations, etc. The dorm rooms are big enough, clean and they provide towels and linens and the double rooms are more like hotels really. I would definetely recommend it to everyone!

Excelent and nice staff, available all the time. And acept credit cards. The room and services were always clean. I definitely recomend it. Cons: It doesn't have a social room to meet others travellers, and the wifi signal could be better in the room were I was.

i stayed in Seyyah Hostel while my staying in istanbul, the stuff was really kind and helpful, the room we had was clean and compfotable, the location is great only 6 minuts from isteklal and 3 minuts from hard rock cafe. it is a real great value for the money, the only problem was that the safe was broken, so we had to carry our money with us every where.

Nice people working here but the building we were staying in was about one block away and there was no wifi. We also had to walk up 5 flights of stairs to get to our room with automatic lights that did not always work, so it was pitch black while trying to walk down sometimes. We were told we could use wifi in another building (another 3 flights of stairs) but it wasn't always working either. And although this hostel is very hard to find (no signs), DO NOT TAKE A TAXI from Taksim, huge ripoff!!!

The hostel is new and nearby Talabarsi, a part of the city that is unsafe for tourists and strangers. Located at a noisy street, so noisy, you also can hear it when the window ist closed, you need to sleep while air condition is working, what I dislike. Otherwise rooms are small and and there is also just a small common space and kitchen. Nice to have: each room has it´s own bathroom, mine (6 bed mixed dorm) with balkony, there is a terrace to hang around, free wifi, stuff super friendly :-)

• 14th Sep 2014

I thought the hostel was clean, comfortable, and relaxing, but there wasn't much communal atmosphere as the community room is awkwardly located. The de facto hangout spot ends up being the small front desk room with the staff which are very friendly, but the space is small and not ideal. Its a nice hostel, but not the best for meeting other people. If you don't mind then its very nice. It has a very chic/ikea feel.

Nice and clean ensuite room. Comfortable beds and free towels. Good location, just a few minutes walking from central Istiklal Street. Best value for money.Guys who run the place are fantastic. All the information and best hospitality provided. Returning back definitely!

• 7th Sep 2014