Sezgin's Guesthouse Reviews

Arslanlar Cad no 68, Kusadasi, Turkey

I booked this place based on rating and some good reviews. Unfortunately it must have changed recently. There is no vibe at all. I understand it's coming into the off season but the staff do not attempt to talk to you or even acknowledge you. The wifi is faulty and the dorm door was always unlocked. The location was the only thing that saved it. And worst of all no vegemite.

At first, I really liked the hotel. My room was good and staff was gentle. I wanted to go to Ephesus and couldn't bye the tour thought the hotel. I tried, but they told me there was not seat available for next day. I bought directly with the company and, since than, treatment has changed. It was not good at all. So the atmosphere wasn't good anymore. The room is very good, clean and comfortable. I had a problem in my bathroom but it wasn't a big problem.

The hotel did pick us up when we arrive. We booked 2 beds in 4 bed female dorm, at first they send us to a 6 beds mixed dorm with aweful smell. After arguing, they send us to the female dorm which is very tiny and looks like haven't cleaned up after last guest checked out. We asked for air-con controller, but the owner said because the room is only 2 of us, so no air-con, even the second night comes a new girl, still no air-con! We need to keep the window open but the noise and wasted gas sucks!

Absolutely no vibe.. Told there was vegemite but there was none. Rooms smelt like a public urinal and musty. Won't stay again

Horrendous. WARNING ALL TRAVELLERS ESPECIALLY YOUNG FEMALES! We arrived late at night and were told they had "accidentally" overbooked and we were to stay in a dorm instead of the private ensuite room we booked. The room was filthy which the owners denied, refused to give a discount for staying in a dorm and when we politely questioned why, became aggressive, yelled at us and asked us to leave. We later found out this mistreatment (particularly of females) is a very common occurrence at sezgins.

Deniz is such a friendly and helpful guy, he really went to every effort to help us out of a pickle! Totally above and beyond the call of duty, and really saved our kusadasi trip! The hotel is very close to the center, 2 min walk down to the Main Street (nightlife, restaurants, shopping), and Rooms are clean and nice (ours had a tv and ensuite too which was great!). Breakfast is open buffet in the garden and the staff are always willing to help you with any questions or to organise tours,

• 29th Aug 2014