Sezgin's Guesthouse Reviews

Arslanlar Cad no 68, Kusadasi, Turkey

We didn't actually stay at the property so the above rating is based on our dealings with the manager. We booked a room here, and two days prior to our booking date, our arrangements changed due to a bus cancellation. As this was advertised with a 24 hour cancellation policy, we emailed 48 hours in advance to advise. However the manager was unreasonable and charged us anyway, denying all knowledge of the cancellation policy. Hugely disappointed that we booked here.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

I booked this place based on rating and some good reviews. Unfortunately it must have changed recently. There is no vibe at all. I understand it's coming into the off season but the staff do not attempt to talk to you or even acknowledge you. The wifi is faulty and the dorm door was always unlocked. The location was the only thing that saved it. And worst of all no vegemite.

At first, I really liked the hotel. My room was good and staff was gentle. I wanted to go to Ephesus and couldn't bye the tour thought the hotel. I tried, but they told me there was not seat available for next day. I bought directly with the company and, since than, treatment has changed. It was not good at all. So the atmosphere wasn't good anymore. The room is very good, clean and comfortable. I had a problem in my bathroom but it wasn't a big problem.

The hotel did pick us up when we arrive. We booked 2 beds in 4 bed female dorm, at first they send us to a 6 beds mixed dorm with aweful smell. After arguing, they send us to the female dorm which is very tiny and looks like haven't cleaned up after last guest checked out. We asked for air-con controller, but the owner said because the room is only 2 of us, so no air-con, even the second night comes a new girl, still no air-con! We need to keep the window open but the noise and wasted gas sucks!

Absolutely no vibe.. Told there was vegemite but there was none. Rooms smelt like a public urinal and musty. Won't stay again

Horrendous. WARNING ALL TRAVELLERS ESPECIALLY YOUNG FEMALES! We arrived late at night and were told they had "accidentally" overbooked and we were to stay in a dorm instead of the private ensuite room we booked. The room was filthy which the owners denied, refused to give a discount for staying in a dorm and when we politely questioned why, became aggressive, yelled at us and asked us to leave. We later found out this mistreatment (particularly of females) is a very common occurrence at sezgins.

Deniz is such a friendly and helpful guy, he really went to every effort to help us out of a pickle! Totally above and beyond the call of duty, and really saved our kusadasi trip! The hotel is very close to the center, 2 min walk down to the Main Street (nightlife, restaurants, shopping), and Rooms are clean and nice (ours had a tv and ensuite too which was great!). Breakfast is open buffet in the garden and the staff are always willing to help you with any questions or to organise tours,

• 29th Aug 2014

The staff at Sezgin's really make it what it is. They are so friendly and helpful, and go above and beyond to make sure you get the most out of your stay. Sezgin himself even drove us to the airport in Izmir, over an hour away! Can't say enough good things about this place!

As nice as this place is and as helpful as the staff was, they did intentionally deceive us about several very important things in an effort to make money off us, which interfeared with our plans.

- a lot of mold in the bathroom - wi-fi wasn't working, the staff didn't care about it at all. - very unattractive swimming pool

We stayed here after reading previous reviews... Not sure if they stayed at the same place! Room hadn't been cleaned. Towels and sheets are stained as they don't use a professional laundry service, it's just a washing machine out back. Wifi was down for almost 24 hours, the staff were very unhelpful in regards to this.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for your review.wich is real intresting becouse .why dont you write that ruined the towls from the hotel clean up your make up so wecould no use towls and at the reception we ask you if you like to clean up your room you said no thanks becouse you have leave for tour.becouse you where leaving at 7:00 and we could not give you breakfast wich is from 8:30 to you where not happy and the wifi yes we had some problem but now its fix up and it works all ower entire place.

When I arrived at 7pm on the first night the bed i was allocated still had the dirty sheets on it from the person before and i had to ask for these to be changed and for a fresh towel (which they say they provide) a number of times before anything happened. Furthermore, half way through my stay I had to change rooms which was fine, however the room myself and another traveller got moved into had bits of toilet paper on the floor and the bathroom floor was flooded. More attention to cleanliness?

The hospitality of Deniz and Sezgin was incredible. Location great- so close to everything. Rooms were cozy. Pool was sweet relief on a hot day and clean. Deniz organised for us to do an Ephesus tour with a tour company run by his friend, an aussie which was really good. Deniz also helped us with our plans but he was not pushy.The warmth and genuine nature of Deniz..Don't hesitate, just book there.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Deniz is such a friendly and helpful guy, he really went to every effort to help us out of a pickle! Totally above and beyond the call of duty, and really saved our kusadasi trip! The hotel is very close to the center, 2 min walk down to the Main Street (nightlife, restaurants, shopping), and Rooms are clean and nice...Ps:swimming pool and the botanic garden where the breakfast is its a dream.

• 19th Jul 2014

A good hostel. The big pluses are the pool and the breakfast. Both are super. Location is also very good and a bus station pickup is handy. At ±90tl for a double, it's a bit pricey.

Had a great experience at Sezgin's. The staff was helpful and the hostel very well located! Great pick at Kusadasi.

• 29th Jun 2014

The rooms, facilities, and location were all great. However, we felt really disappointed in the way that they recommended tours and activities that were clearly due to business relationships as apposed to quality of service. We went to the recommended hamman and it was grungy and very poor quality, but they told us they knew Sezgin for a long time. In the same way they push their tours a lot and mislead you to believe that you cannot do tours (like Ephesus) yourselves which is not at all true.

The staff were really accommodating and helpful. Just fantastic. The first stay was perfect. The bed was perfect and the pillow was amazing. The second time I stayed the bed was not as good but still okay. The rooms are clean and bathrooms are modern and clean. The pool is great! There was no secure luggage room but there were safes for small items. Breakfast was typical Turkish style, and they accommodated our early ferry time.

• 27th Jun 2014

Wonderful place to stay! Sezgin and his family looked after me so well. I loved my time spent with them. The place was very clean and well kept and breakfast was simple but very good!

View all Kusadasi Bed and Breakfasts