Sezgin's Guesthouse Reviews

Arslanlar Cad no 68, Kusadasi, Turkey

guest didn't stay

Superbly run hostel. Cheap, clean and central. Staff are so helpful and will organise anything for you. Would definitely return.

• 13th Jul 2015

We had such a great stay! I've never stayed at a hostel/hotel with such a helpful and generous host! Denis was great and truly made our experience a terrific one! He even called a friend in Pammukkale so we could store our bags and not have to worry about them for the day! Highly recommend staying here!

Having never been to Turkey before i were unsure of what to expect. Let me say that this place is fantastic. The rooms, the breakfast, the location and most of all, the staff.Deniz and sezgin polite, helpful and without doubt made my holiday the best ever.Deniz were very informed and gave advice on tours, restaurants and places of interest.İf you come with bus, at the busstation,there is the is the BUS COMPANY(AYDIN TOUR)from there you can call the guesthouse for free and they will pick you up.

• 27th Jun 2015

Sezguin is a family run business, the staff really makes you feel at home. Very friendly, and helpful, besides giving me advice as to where to go, for example Deniz fixed my computer when it broke down! Good facilities, pleasant courtyard, pool, and sauna. My only comment is that the dorms are not as clean as they can be. But in general my stay was very pleasant.

• 15th Jun 2015

Sezgins offers free pick up and drop from and to the bussation wich is 3km out off the town taxi will cost 15tl to the guesthouse ,the (dolmush public bus will cost 3 tl pp. soo you safe some money ,Seriously, stop your search now and book sezgins guesthouse, if you can get in.The Dorm room was superb,the Gardenrooftop breakfasts delicious, and location great, but it was Deniz and Mr.Sezgins amazing hospitality and advice on their beautiful city of Kusadasi that made my stay here truly great.

• 27th May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are realy happy to have the chance to meet you as person.we hope to see you in the comming future soon as possible. Thank you very much and have great time at your 2 months travel true turkey. Deniz

Stayed overnight here to catch the ferry to samos.Mr Deniz gave me early breakfast (outside) was amazing and he drive me and another 2 other guests from australia to the port. It was newly renovated as Rooms and the Garden.The room was very nice- clean bathroom and balcony. The wifi Works all ower the place wich is good.And the location is perfeckt so,i would denifinetly recommend this place.Also they have free pick up service from the bussation wich is 3 km away from the city center.

• 25th Apr 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and experiences about sezgins guesthouse.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.As you know now Come as guest and live as Friend part our Family. Deniz

This place is in an excellent spot, close to City Center and Harbour.The Dorm that i stayed had private bath shower even free shampoos Hairdyer and fridge lcd tv and a fantastic view to the garden and pool and very clean, good wifi signal!! Deniz, at reception was welcoming and very informative!! He pick me up from the port and orgenised my ephesus tour and the busticket to capadokia.The breakfast was lovley garden wich was yummy. Would 100% recommend this place :)

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our place. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you appreciate your experience. I have also shared your very kind comments with my staff in order to make all our colleagues pleased about your feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you or friends at our guesthouse again in the near future.

I booked this place based on rating and some good reviews. Unfortunately it must have changed recently. There is no vibe at all. I understand it's coming into the off season but the staff do not attempt to talk to you or even acknowledge you. The wifi is faulty and the dorm door was always unlocked. The location was the only thing that saved it. And worst of all no vegemite.

At first, I really liked the hotel. My room was good and staff was gentle. I wanted to go to Ephesus and couldn't bye the tour thought the hotel. I tried, but they told me there was not seat available for next day. I bought directly with the company and, since than, treatment has changed. It was not good at all. So the atmosphere wasn't good anymore. The room is very good, clean and comfortable. I had a problem in my bathroom but it wasn't a big problem.

The hotel did pick us up when we arrive. We booked 2 beds in 4 bed female dorm, at first they send us to a 6 beds mixed dorm with aweful smell. After arguing, they send us to the female dorm which is very tiny and looks like haven't cleaned up after last guest checked out. We asked for air-con controller, but the owner said because the room is only 2 of us, so no air-con, even the second night comes a new girl, still no air-con! We need to keep the window open but the noise and wasted gas sucks!

Absolutely no vibe.. Told there was vegemite but there was none. Rooms smelt like a public urinal and musty. Won't stay again

Horrendous. WARNING ALL TRAVELLERS ESPECIALLY YOUNG FEMALES! We arrived late at night and were told they had "accidentally" overbooked and we were to stay in a dorm instead of the private ensuite room we booked. The room was filthy which the owners denied, refused to give a discount for staying in a dorm and when we politely questioned why, became aggressive, yelled at us and asked us to leave. We later found out this mistreatment (particularly of females) is a very common occurrence at sezgins.

Deniz is such a friendly and helpful guy, he really went to every effort to help us out of a pickle! Totally above and beyond the call of duty, and really saved our kusadasi trip! The hotel is very close to the center, 2 min walk down to the Main Street (nightlife, restaurants, shopping), and Rooms are clean and nice (ours had a tv and ensuite too which was great!). Breakfast is open buffet in the garden and the staff are always willing to help you with any questions or to organise tours,

• 29th Aug 2014

The staff at Sezgin's really make it what it is. They are so friendly and helpful, and go above and beyond to make sure you get the most out of your stay. Sezgin himself even drove us to the airport in Izmir, over an hour away! Can't say enough good things about this place!

As nice as this place is and as helpful as the staff was, they did intentionally deceive us about several very important things in an effort to make money off us, which interfeared with our plans.

- a lot of mold in the bathroom - wi-fi wasn't working, the staff didn't care about it at all. - very unattractive swimming pool

We stayed here after reading previous reviews... Not sure if they stayed at the same place! Room hadn't been cleaned. Towels and sheets are stained as they don't use a professional laundry service, it's just a washing machine out back. Wifi was down for almost 24 hours, the staff were very unhelpful in regards to this.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for your review.wich is real intresting becouse .why dont you write that ruined the towls from the hotel clean up your make up so wecould no use towls and at the reception we ask you if you like to clean up your room you said no thanks becouse you have leave for tour.becouse you where leaving at 7:00 and we could not give you breakfast wich is from 8:30 to you where not happy and the wifi yes we had some problem but now its fix up and it works all ower entire place.

When I arrived at 7pm on the first night the bed i was allocated still had the dirty sheets on it from the person before and i had to ask for these to be changed and for a fresh towel (which they say they provide) a number of times before anything happened. Furthermore, half way through my stay I had to change rooms which was fine, however the room myself and another traveller got moved into had bits of toilet paper on the floor and the bathroom floor was flooded. More attention to cleanliness?

The hospitality of Deniz and Sezgin was incredible. Location great- so close to everything. Rooms were cozy. Pool was sweet relief on a hot day and clean. Deniz organised for us to do an Ephesus tour with a tour company run by his friend, an aussie which was really good. Deniz also helped us with our plans but he was not pushy.The warmth and genuine nature of Deniz..Don't hesitate, just book there.

• 3rd Aug 2014