Shadow Inn Reviews

550 Vanich 1, Wat Koh, Sampathawong, China Town, Bangkok, Thailand

A good simple hostel where value for money is important

Really pleasant and helpful staff, but don't expect a good nights sleep! Pretty hot! And not very clean...however for the price we paid we can't complain!

1. Not easy to find 2. Shadow.. It is the exact world, no lies, the name is like the hostel. 3. Not dirty but definitively old, my matress was a hole, almost makes me fall from the bed, and everything is like that.. Seems to be there for ages, so you can't say it is clean because even if there is no dust, it does not seem clean . 4. No hot wate 5. Far from kaosan road. But 1. Cheap 2. Wifi is ok 3. Near the hua lamphong metro, so very convenient not for tourists but for real Bangkok

Enjoyed my stay here! Perfect for travellers on a budget. Friendly staff. Very homely atmosphere, get what you pay for. Would stay again if I ever found myself in this neck of the woods with little money!

• 10th Nov 2015

Excellent value for money. Horribly squeaky bed and super unconfortable. About 10 mins walk to Hua Lamphong. If you're on a budget go for it.

cheap, but good for sleep!

In the outskirts of China Town, wich means very local and not many tourists in the area - also not a lot of veggie food! In a quiet alley (a little hard to find the first time). Very good service! The dorm was full of old men, so they offered me a private room for the same price - it wasn't my idea! At one point the wifi didn't work on my phone, but they fixed it straight away. Not super clean, bulky beds and cold water, but this is what I expect with my budget in a big city.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Perfect location, only 20min to railway station by walking, and in the near of the boot station. Wifi works good. Owner was very helpful and gave my medicine and bottle of water when I cut me myself into my finger.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Austria

It's cheap! That's about all it's got going for it.

• 20th Aug 2015

Please stop emailing me, Obviously a reason why I havent left a review.

• 10th Aug 2015

Worst hostel in the world. No bed, just a rock solid mattress thron on the ground. No furniture at all. Never seen dirty facilities like this in my life. DO NOT go there.