Shadow Inn Reviews

550 Vanich 1, Wat Koh, Sampathawong, China Town, Bangkok, Thailand

I think it value for that cheap price. So hard to find the address. Not coming back.

impossible location - it took me several hours to finally find the place; not even the locals know it. it's in the backyard of a place and looks like an abandoned house. inside, it was extremely poor, but at least you could touch the ground as it was not extremely dirty. I only stayed there because I knew I have to leave at 5am anyways, otherwise I would have left immediately. The staff is very nice, but they don't speak Thai which makes it very hard for taxi drivers to find the hostel when them

The room looked like it hasn't been cleaned in a while, the bathroom sink had three different half used soaps from previous travellers, hair and dust and other stuff I'd rather not think about was everywhere, the bathroom had no door knob, just a hole in the door, the mattress was wrapped in plastic and covered with a sheet which didn't help much, it still felt like sleeping on a plastic bed, hard as concrete, so we were waking up several times a night, sweaty and sore. Need I say more?

We had to stay one night in Bangkok because our train left the next morning at 6. Very cheap hostel, so we didn't expect much, but it was gross, very sketchy and we felt quite unsafe. So you will survive one night, but if you want to enjoy your stay in Bangkok, don't go here

Definitely a budget travel accommodation. It serves it's purpose as a place to stay

• 23rd Jan 2016

I would not visit or recommend this hostel to anybody. I felt very unsafe and the facilities were the dirtiest I have seen in ANY hostel I have stayed at and I have been to a lot. The materess was wafer thin and I could feel the metal rodes underneath which made it very difficult to sleep. I was meant to stay for 2 nights but only managed one and had to move hostels as it was so awful.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Wales

This was the worst hostel I have stayed at up until this point of my life. Needless to say as others have already it is not good but it is the cheapest, and they are not doing you any services. Staff was usually around with a smile and they gave me a private room for free however I am not sure this was an upgrade. But when you need cheap for a night or two...

We arrived early in the morning as stated in the booking and had to wait/ sleep on the floor in the foyer.The bathrooms and toilets are in a disgusting and horrible state, not working and dirty as hell.The service was literally not there, except for the payment in advance before even being allowed to see the rooms.Honestly this was one of the worst hostels i have ever stayed in and i saw many low budget hostels, but this place is just for earjing money with no care taking about the facilitation

This is possibly the worst place I have ever stopped in. I have been to many ;laces and stopped in some less than development hostels. But this one truly took it to a new level. If I had slept on the floor it would have been just as comfortable as the bed. There was no toilet paper in any of the toilets. But to start with, after 2 hours of searching for the place, which even the taxi driver didn't know, I eventually got there and was greeted by a 6 year old and it took an hour to check in.

• 11th Jan 2016

Needs to be knocked down. Waste of life. Do not bother.

• 10th Jan 2016

The mattresses are probably older than me and very uncomfortable. The staff that was looking over me when I checked in was a bit harsh (like if I were some sort of illegal immigrant) rudely asking for my passport and papers, and not friendly overall. And the place in general felt gloomy and mildly dirty. They could update the pictures they have of their place, because they're clearly outdated. There are cheaper hostels in Khao San road (not listed in Hostel World) with much better conditions.

To be honest, I picked the cheapest place I could find so I already expected it to not be great, but they aren't putting any effort in whatsoever!They could at least change the mattresses.I saw a picture on the wall from when they had just opened and they are exactly the same mattresses i was sleeping on!They literally sink in the middle and it's not good for your back at all.They made it seem like such an effort just to restart the modem when the wi fi wasn't working,staff need better attitude

A cheap place to stay in Bangkok. Nice service. Basic but ok for the value, just what you need. Nice tipical home made indian/pakistani food, good option to switch off from the thai food for one time. Met cool people there. Would go back again

The place was uglier than a prison. The mattress was SO HARD that we were wondering if it was actually a mattress or just an iron panel.That's why WE LEFT 1 hour after our arrival, losing our money. There are hostels for the same price that won't make you feel as depressed as this creepy DARK place. The stuff that received us were so quiet and nervous until we paid, later we understood they were just ashamed of their own hostel and they wanted us to pay as soon as possible. Also, broken door.

A good simple hostel where value for money is important

Really pleasant and helpful staff, but don't expect a good nights sleep! Pretty hot! And not very clean...however for the price we paid we can't complain!

1. Not easy to find 2. Shadow.. It is the exact world, no lies, the name is like the hostel. 3. Not dirty but definitively old, my matress was a hole, almost makes me fall from the bed, and everything is like that.. Seems to be there for ages, so you can't say it is clean because even if there is no dust, it does not seem clean . 4. No hot wate 5. Far from kaosan road. But 1. Cheap 2. Wifi is ok 3. Near the hua lamphong metro, so very convenient not for tourists but for real Bangkok

Enjoyed my stay here! Perfect for travellers on a budget. Friendly staff. Very homely atmosphere, get what you pay for. Would stay again if I ever found myself in this neck of the woods with little money!

• 10th Nov 2015

Excellent value for money. Horribly squeaky bed and super unconfortable. About 10 mins walk to Hua Lamphong. If you're on a budget go for it.

cheap, but good for sleep!