Shalimar Hostel Reviews

1401A Las Vegas Blvd S., Las Vegas, USA

The pool was sooo dirty with clothetags floating everywhere and hair, the water wasn´t enough so it couldn´t circulate out of the pool to be cleaned. And we booked a NON smoking room and "got" one... the sign on the door said so but the room was smelling terrible from cigarette smoke. It was the dirtiest pool and the worst smelling room we ever had. And we´re travelling a lot!! :(

Complaint: The Shalimar Hostel as listed does dot exist. It is The Shalimar Hotel and on arrival they knew nothing about my booking on HostelWorld and the hotel was full but they made a plan for us. The phone number listed in the site on HostelWorld,is,not of the hotel p. I tried to call the number and a gentlemen of African descent was on an answering machine. I am investigating if any unauthorized money was taken from my account as I had to supply myncreditmcard details when booking. P

• 1st Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Did not find person at reception very friendly - in contrast to the person I had seen a few days prior to visit. Location near bus line is very helpful. Early morning airport transfer was arranged efficiently, but alarm call did not happen. Air conditioning did not work, nor did some of the lights.

Really enjoyed our stay. Located just off the strip but still quite a long walk, there are regular busses though. Room was cleaned daily. Excellent value for money when visiting Vegas on a budget. Hotel was quiet. We were wary of previous reviews but it was all fine and staff were really helpful. Only downside was the room was a non smoking room but smelt of smoke!

• 5th May 2015