Shalimar Hostel Reviews

1401A Las Vegas Blvd S., Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

There is no Shalimar Hostel, instead they just book you a room in the Howard Johnson Inn and the same address. The Howard Johnson is good. But DO NOT book through this booking service. We booked 6 nights with a total of about $210 to pay on arrival. Only to be told when we arrived the booking service had cancelled our reservation because they had given it to us to cheaply. We nearly had to pay $650 but the HOJO people were very cool and gave it to us for the original. Don't trust this place!!!

Good price!!!!!!!!! And the staff is very friendly

The hotel workers are outstanding! Very nice and helpful. Bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The walls were paper thin. Still, I felt safe and I liked the private space.

There is no Vista hostel at all, you actually stay in the Howard-Johnson Inn (Vista is probably just a company which rents the H-J rooms). The place is really cool, the pool with the square in the middle, private parking lot and location just on the Las Vegas blvd not far from the main center of LV.

This isn't strictly a hostel as you get a room in the Howard Johnson motel, but for some this would be even better, as it's a private room with cable tv and a pool! The staff were so friendly and let us use their laptop and printer free of charge on numerous occasions, would definitely stay here again.

Is cheap, but is a little bit far.. But what is worse, the rooms smell bad.. Is not clean at all... But isf you want to save money, come to this hotel..

Excellent friendly staff. Nice little hotel room in a quiet location, not too far from the main parts of the strip. Bus stop out the front makes it easy to trek around. Value for money was great for all the basic needs. Bed. TV. Shower. Pool. Free WIFI. Would definitely stay here again.

After driving around one of the most sketchy places in Vegas, I decided to stay elsewhere. Never could locate this hostel. The hardest part of of my experience was that I called multiple times cancel my stay and no one ever called back. After two days I finally received a text message saying that I needed to send an e-mail. They never called. My cancellation was finally resolved after days of trying to get in contact with someone. It was a frustrating experience.

• 3rd Nov 2011

The hostel itself is great, just the area seems a little unsafe after dark...

This hostel is actually a hotel which lists rooms as being available on HW. That being said you get your own room, a MASSIVE air conditioner (thank god for that during summer), bathroom and TV. This hostel is not a social place to stay. You won't meet other people, except for people getting married in the chapel. SHOTGUN WEDDING!