Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

The hostel is located in a very good area and it's quite clean. The staff could have been nicer. Overall I had a good experience there.

• 21st Jan 2016

Location is the best, will be returning to this hostel next time.

I was originially gonna stay in a 10 bed dorm, but was upgraded to a private room! It was fantastic! For that reason my stay was great. Either way it's cheap considering the location, not that far from a central subway station. The only thing I wish to be improved is the English of the staff. Their comprehension was fine, but I sometimes had a very hard time understanding what they were saying.

Overall, good. The staff was accommodating and helpful. We had an issue with our room and they promptly allowed us to change to another. The one issue I had was that my travel mate and I had to provide a 100 yuan per person deposit in case of damages, which I thought was unnecessary and didn't make sense since we got it back immediately upon leaving before any supposed inspections could be made. Also, the bathroom's window/curtains/blinds configuration was a weird piece of interior design.

We had a very nice time here, staff was very helpful and kind, we stayed in a double room which was spacious, clean and overall had soft beds. The location of this hostel is exeptionally good, close to anything !

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Ok place - my only beefs were the activity room on the 4th floor closed from midnight to 8. That is where the wifi router was and email reception was mediocre at best. I did not realize the room locked, exited after midnight and was locked out with my stuff in it. One of my dorm mates insisted on having the heat on at night and I wanted the window open. That is one reason why I avoid mixed dorms, but this has nothing to do with the hostel. The one guy in reception was very nice and helpful.

Metal lockers = noisy people going back and forth at night causing a racket. If possible, switch to wooden lockers! Otherwise, great hostel and service. Common room was excellent, beds were large and comfortable.

• 11th Dec 2015

This place is awesome! Everyone is so friendly, helpful, especially Ping was very cute. Thank u all!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Great location, pretty good facility, the staff are also nice and friendly. If the youth hostel could supply breakfast to its customers that would be much better.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • China

The hostel was very grimy indeed, the one person private rooms were windows-less boxes and just dirty. Likewise the corridors and public areas looked very shabby and the dorms too. In order to use single plug socket was behind a plank of wood and had frayed electrical wires. I asked to be shown a more expensive room but even this was windowless, airless and smelt of damp. I checked out and went to Blue Mountain Bund Hostel around the corner which was far better. Good location and staff though

• 8th Nov 2015

Nice rooms, cool ambiance. The chill room upstairs was a nice touch. Guests had to give up their passports for inspection, though, which is a little unnecessary. Good place!

Good location close to the waterfront. Bit of renovation work going on while we were there so it was a bit of a mess but these things have to be done. We had a double room which was fine.

Stayed here in October. Good and very accommodating staff. Nice location as well. Close to The Bund and one halal restaurant we frequented while staying there. Overall, the place is good :)

All around satisfiable hostel. The staff are always willing to help you out, the rooms are nice to stay in. Everything is good, nothing out of the ordinary amazing, either. The only downsides are that wifi is only usable in the common areas, not in the bedrooms, and location wise it's about 15-20 mins walk to the nearest metro station in any direction, there are better options location wise. Still, enjoyed my stay and I'd recommend.

• 19th Sep 2015

The hostel has a lot of positive points. It's very close to the Bund, and is great value for money as a result. The rooms are clean, but we were not provided with towels. Other guests seem to have been, but we were not given any. Despite this, the overall cleanliness and helpfulness of staff mean I would definitely recommend this hostel.

I think it is very good.so many international friends,it is so cool.and staff is good.i like here.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Fiji

This is basically an average motel advertised as a hostel. No information about the surrounding area or things to do in shanghai, nor is there a decent common room. Air conditioner was not working which made for a reasonably uncomfortable night. Fine if you are desperate for a night's accommodation but wouldn't make for a great time in Shanghai for longer than that.

This hotel is very close to Nanjijng Road, the staff people almost don't speacially english, so It's a little difficult the comunicación, but in general the people is kind.

Nice to meet some folks. Staff quite nice and helpful. No AC control in room!!!

The hostel is quite near the subway station and the Bund, so it's easy to get there. Besides, the staff are very helpful.

• 10th Aug 2015