Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

Excellent location, nice and spacious room, very clean and comfortable,

the place is very close to downtown, and the staff there was friendly and helpful.

It was really nice to spend some nights in your hostel. You have realy nice staff and you brought all the easyness possible. Thanks =)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

I gave the facilities only poor grade because in our room we didnt have internet. In order to use the wifi we had to go out and sit in the hall. Other than that everything was fine.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Hungary
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice hostel, super clean, nice staff. We booked a double room and we got an upgrade to the family room, lucky us ;) Room and facilities really clean, it's really close to public transport, and walking distance from the Bund. It's the only hostel with self-washing machine and self-dryer we could find in China.....we loved it! Wifi was pretty good everywhere. Definitely recommended if you are in Shanghai,

To be honest the experience at this hostel made me really question the validity of reviews I read on this website. I decided to go with the great location rating but discovered it was in a dirty, difficult to find, back alley that was not nearly as convenient as advertised. sure the walk was ok to bund and nanjing rd but there are atleast 5 better same price and closer hostels. the staff had good english but werent very helpful, not good for food, private room was dirty, no windows & area smelly

Positive: Hostel has a very good location, the staff is kind and attentive and the beds are comfortable and clean. Negative: The one bedroom is very small but i guess big enough. There are no nice common rooms in the hostel where you could meet other travelers. In general i would recommend the hostel as it provides good location and clean and safe environment.

A nice place to stay and very near to the bund too which was nice. Metro only 10 mins away too.

Location and price are awesome! 5 min walk to The Bund in one direction and 8 min walk to East Nanjing Road Metro Station in other direction. I stayed in 10-bed dorm, which was basic (bunk beds and lockers)-but the dorms with less beds had private toilet and shower, and enough room for everyone and their luggage. Washers and dryers are available for 10RMB each. However, the management needs to fix their WiFi connectivity throughout hostel and credit card machine -sucks to pay cash for long stay!

While the location is very good and I could stay there for a night, I would not want to stay much longer. Hallways and stairways were smelly. Bedroom was cramped and windowless, although it was air-conditioned and had Internet.

Stayed in the ten bedroom suite. The beds were clean, however the rooms were a little messy because there were a lot of people. Surprisingly, even though on bathroom serviced an entire floor the bathrooms were spotless and there am available shower when needed. The staff spoke really great Chinese and English, and they were very friendly. One of them even walked me to a print shop so I wouldn't get lost. Great hostel in a great location-- only a 6 minute walk to the bund.

• 29th Aug 2014

This place pleasantly surprised me. It is basically a boarding house of sorts for mostly Chinese travelers. Its large and busy, but its stays clean and the location is great. They have clean bunks and A/c so it so was fine.

Staff was extremely unhelpful, even though we checked in at an appropriate time the beds were not ready, bathrooms were disgusting and not clean

• 27th Jul 2014

A nicely newly renovated hostel with a good atmosphere, big lobby with many PCs etc. However not as conveniently located as Captain Hostel and thus a bit off.

the room is a bit dirty, quite old. but the location is perfect (several minute walk to the Bund)

They hadn't changed my sheets when I arrived, but it was okay, because the staff was so friendly

I made 2 nights reservation. They cancelled my reservation for 1st night without consulting me. According to employees, they called me but not thru, so they arranged me to another hostel. I told them do not cancel my 2nd night. Next day I came, they cancelled my 2nd night again, they explained that they had confused me with another guy from Taiwan. In fact, they are so afraid of beds leaving vacant so that they want to fill up soon. Strange mentality of some Chinese.

Very convenient location.