Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

A nice place to stay and very near to the bund too which was nice. Metro only 10 mins away too.

While the location is very good and I could stay there for a night, I would not want to stay much longer. Hallways and stairways were smelly. Bedroom was cramped and windowless, although it was air-conditioned and had Internet.

Stayed in the ten bedroom suite. The beds were clean, however the rooms were a little messy because there were a lot of people. Surprisingly, even though on bathroom serviced an entire floor the bathrooms were spotless and there am available shower when needed. The staff spoke really great Chinese and English, and they were very friendly. One of them even walked me to a print shop so I wouldn't get lost. Great hostel in a great location-- only a 6 minute walk to the bund.

• 29th Aug 2014

This place pleasantly surprised me. It is basically a boarding house of sorts for mostly Chinese travelers. Its large and busy, but its stays clean and the location is great. They have clean bunks and A/c so it so was fine.

Staff was extremely unhelpful, even though we checked in at an appropriate time the beds were not ready, bathrooms were disgusting and not clean

• 27th Jul 2014

the room is a bit dirty, quite old. but the location is perfect (several minute walk to the Bund)

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

They hadn't changed my sheets when I arrived, but it was okay, because the staff was so friendly

I made 2 nights reservation. They cancelled my reservation for 1st night without consulting me. According to employees, they called me but not thru, so they arranged me to another hostel. I told them do not cancel my 2nd night. Next day I came, they cancelled my 2nd night again, they explained that they had confused me with another guy from Taiwan. In fact, they are so afraid of beds leaving vacant so that they want to fill up soon. Strange mentality of some Chinese.

Very convenient location.

The staff is very nice! But the toilet is a bit dirty.

It's an okay place to stay but the wifi is hard to get onto and the bed light was completely broken. I also asked to store my big backpack for a few hours behind the desk or in a closet while I was out sight seeing and they said no. I wasn't impressed with this.

Great location! Everywhere we wanted to go was walkable and there were plenty of shops, bars and restaurants close by. The room was clean and the staff were helpful.

Hello my good friend! Thank you for your comment. We hope you have a good trip in china .we hope can see you again!

The standard twin room had very comfortable beds and a great shower! Sadly the walls are very thin and our room was right under the stairs, so we could hear people running up and down them all night. The location is great though, only a very short walk to Nanjing Road and the Bund. All in all quite reasonable for the price.

Great location for being close to the bund. Connecting to wifi is a pain though.

Ended up with a windowless enquire room....nothing like what appeared on the website. But once the air conditioner was turned on, it was fine. I liked that the room card was an electronics one. Wifi was very strong and stable. Mattress and pillows were very thin, asked for an additional pillow. hair dryer, shampoo and shower foam provided. Housekeeping did not touch my room for entire four days, I emptied my own rubbish..Location was considerably out of the way to nearest subway East