Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

They hadn't changed my sheets when I arrived, but it was okay, because the staff was so friendly

I made 2 nights reservation. They cancelled my reservation for 1st night without consulting me. According to employees, they called me but not thru, so they arranged me to another hostel. I told them do not cancel my 2nd night. Next day I came, they cancelled my 2nd night again, they explained that they had confused me with another guy from Taiwan. In fact, they are so afraid of beds leaving vacant so that they want to fill up soon. Strange mentality of some Chinese.

Very convenient location.

The staff is very nice! But the toilet is a bit dirty.

It's an okay place to stay but the wifi is hard to get onto and the bed light was completely broken. I also asked to store my big backpack for a few hours behind the desk or in a closet while I was out sight seeing and they said no. I wasn't impressed with this.

Great location! Everywhere we wanted to go was walkable and there were plenty of shops, bars and restaurants close by. The room was clean and the staff were helpful.

Hello my good friend! Thank you for your comment. We hope you have a good trip in china .we hope can see you again!

The standard twin room had very comfortable beds and a great shower! Sadly the walls are very thin and our room was right under the stairs, so we could hear people running up and down them all night. The location is great though, only a very short walk to Nanjing Road and the Bund. All in all quite reasonable for the price.

Great location for being close to the bund. Connecting to wifi is a pain though.

Ended up with a windowless enquire room....nothing like what appeared on the website. But once the air conditioner was turned on, it was fine. I liked that the room card was an electronics one. Wifi was very strong and stable. Mattress and pillows were very thin, asked for an additional pillow. hair dryer, shampoo and shower foam provided. Housekeeping did not touch my room for entire four days, I emptied my own rubbish..Location was considerably out of the way to nearest subway East

Wifi wasnt good, neither were the computers. Staff were very unhelpful apart from one of 2. There is absolutely no atmosphere and nothing to do once actually in the hostel. Jimi, who just started working there, was a highlight and the only fun in that hostel! Redeeming point was the location which is very good.

• 16th Mar 2014

Place is insufficiently insulated so noise can be an issue. Staff were very friendly but took some prompting to resolve issues.

The location is incredible. Its a good place to stay in, but you won't get a very warm hostel-atmosphere. Good facilities, but not so helpful staff in the reception.

Awesome location-- we could turn a corner and see the Pearl Tower. Lots of little hole-in-the-wall restaurants and convenience stores and banks within a block. Literally 5-10 minute stroll to the Bund, Yuyuan, Nanjing shopping street, etc. Our room also came with all the toiletries we needed, a little electric kettle, and a much-needed AC/climate control unit.

Perfect Hostel, if you just want to sleep there and don't want to spend much money

since the location in the bund, i think its excellent to stay here, just 5 minutes walk to the river and 10 minutes to the subway, they have great location. the toilets and bathroom are clean (you know how chinese look about toilet). the room doesnt have heater so it will be so cold in the winter. people in receptionist are so friendly. one of recommended hostel in shanghai..

Tucked in a small street, it enjoys unbeatable location on the Bund. Not so spacious on the 1st floor, but better on the 3rd floor where most rooms are located. Staffs are efficient and considerable.

The only thing that I like about this hostel is their location. It is very near to The Bund area. The staffs at the reception is not really friendly as they just answer no and don't know to our inquiry. If you look for a hostel to socialize with other traveler, this hostel is not the best one but in terms of location, it is acceptable.

A little bit cold, however, Clean, Good Location, Good staff.

The location of this hostel is fantastic.. only a few minutes from the Bund and Very close to the many shops and restaurants. The hostel itself needs a lot of attention, our room was small, cold, damp and dirty! The staff speak good English but are not particularly friendly. Overall the hostel was OK.

greate location, high value. thank you for the helpful, friendly staff.