Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

I stayed in the single-bed private room, and it was very claustrophobic (fourth floor, and elevator only goes to third floor). The entire hostel has a rather moldy, cramped feel to it, and the staff seemed very lackluster about greeting guests. It is also a few blocks away from the nearest subway stop, and the streets are not ideal for walking with luggage in tow. Maybe it is best to take a cab there. All this said, I should point out the location is excellent and the prices are low!

It was clean and location was good, close to bund and east nanjing road. Staff speak very less english. They made one room as a common place but it was so small for so many people

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Turkey

Super close to the bund, really convenient location, had Internet, computer rooms with free use, clean beds, nice showers and complimentary soap and shampoo for the 6 bed rooms. Definitely helped us figure out good places to visit and was a good value!

• 5th Jul 2013

Generally good hostel, but my stay was over shadowed by a bad run in with the cleaners. While I was in the room, the cleaners twice damaged my property, one quite badly, and at one point standing on my property. And when I showed them the damage, they simply laughed it off and went back to their work. There may be cultural differences, but I feel this is beyond rude and disrespectful. After complaining to reception, they sided with the cleaner and I moved hostel. I can not recommend this hostel.

didn't like it cause no common room, except just for the computer room

Our room was very moldy, had a broken toilet, and was not at all nice.

• 1st Jul 2013

Good location close by the Bund and friendly staff, but please don't allow smoking inside the hostel!

• 1st Jul 2013

房间设施很好,相当舒适,性价比高

We stayed in a double bed room without window. The room wasn't big, but was very clean ! I definitely would stay at this hostel again!

Great,clean place to stay in a good location!!

I would not stay here ever again. A joke of a hostel, and the most inconsiderate staff I have ever dealt with. The reviews are all true, with poor air conditioning and facilities which really make you consider if you are staying in the bund. There are hostels blocks away that are the same price and are a night and day difference

Good place to stay for a few nights.

The main reason to stay here its location in between the lively areas of Nanjing Road and the Bund (walking distance for both places). But there's a big difference between a "hostel" like this, which is simply a cheap hotel with some dorm rooms and those who are affiliated with the International Youth Hostel system (IYH), which really give you a hostel experience: communal rooms for hanging out, dining facilities, and activities.

It was nice that they upgraded our room, without increasing the price, when they had not the booked room available.

The location is the best part of this hostel, very easy to walk to the Bund. Quiet place, English speaking staff, very helpful. Would stay there again.

the location of the hostel is great, you are just at the bund. the rooms are clean when you get them. cleaning of the rooms only contains clearing the rubbish bin and hanging up new towels - floors were never cleaned during our stay (10 days). staff is sometimes friendly and sometimes in a funny mood. seems like the are just friendly when needed - working for a good rating. we actually choose this hostel because of the ratings and I don't believe the ratings are correct for this hostel.

not really nice, wifi bad working, 'social room' rather empty, no space for your luggage in the room, not a good atmosphere, not a nice place for backpacking. Staff not really helpful except when they AB-SO-LU-TLY want you to comment their hotel on website,...

Good hostel with really kindly and helpful staff

• 26th May 2013

I really have a nice stay in this hostel. It was for one night but I really felt at ease, it was clean, very well situated and the staff was really helpfull and nice. I strongly recommend this hostel for your stay in Shanghai. The location is just perfect for anything you have to do in Shanghai.

My room was very small, which isn't normally a problem, but the air conditioning only blew warm moldy air and the room was hot and stuffy with very little ventilation. I did not realize that is what I was paying to stay in before I got there.

• 24th May 2013