Shanghai Hidden Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 840A, Lane 834, Pudong Avenue, Lujiazui District, Shanghai, China

Very good place,nice staff,good environment.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • China

Good location. Good lounge. Damp, moldy rooms though.

It was hard to find.. and will be much harder as the road in front of the hostel is blocked by some fence.. so if you are on the main road.. you wont see the street going to the hostel. We used google map to locate the hostel.. and it was pretty accurate. The staff is super helpful amd wont hesitate to come pick you up on pudong ave if you get lost. Hostel abiance is excellent.. there is a bar.. tv.. ps3, books, magazines at the lobby. previous user comments are accurate

Hey Patrick, Thanks for your gift and your comment! since you know the way now it wont be a problem for you to arrive here next time :) I am looking forward to seeing you next time, in shanghai or Philippines . Shanghai is quite cold now and enjoy your summer time at home! Have a nice day! Mo, from hiddengarden

Enjoyed the party night arranged by the guys at the hostel where they wanted to show off their cocktails. This bought everyone together to meet and greet which was fun. Not many other backpackers here as this hostel seemed to attract mainly Chinese students who were in the city for job interviews. All in all, not a bad stay.

Hey Elliot, Thanks for your comment and i am happy you enjoyed the party night. Hope you see you next time ! Regards, Mo from hiddengarden

I had a great time there, really love the beautiful cosy yard they have. People there are fiendly and helpful, definitely worth the price.

Nice Hostel if you take a dorm, because our double-bedroom was next to the air cons outside and we could only see the wall of the next house and a lot of clothes from other People.The room had a very hard mold smell, especially the bathroom. You have to walk a bit more than 10 minutes from the metrostation. The staff is nice and you can borrow a big map. The courtyard is beautifull, especially in the evening to hang out.

Wifi was weak in our room, and although we had booked a 4 bed dorm we were told at the front dest that our 4 bed room was not only damp but didn't have a window! If the 4 bedroom dorms are so bad, why advertise them as an option? We had to put up with a 8 bed dorm which was okay for what we paid, but the location did not make up for it. Unlikely to stay here again.

Overall satisfied but unfortunately in our double bed room there was an outside noise (like alarm signal repetitive) loud all night long. Also, room lamp above bed flashed every 20 seconds aboveour heads...

I enjoyed my time here really a lot ,thanks to the friendly staff in the hostel. They are very helpful and make me feel like staying at home.

it is a really nice hostel. we enjoyed the BBQ there a lot!

It is not the first hostel i stayed in shanghai, but it is absolutely the best one for me. I did enjoy the time i stayed here. It is a place full of surprise, you will know about it after you go there by yourself. Though it takes a few mins to walk from the closest metro station. I hope that i can come back next time!

Thanks for appetizing food. Love it!

its really close to the downtown and easy to find. i love the beautiful yard, cosy and comfortable.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • China

I would like to review my stay, however I wouldn't really call it much of a stay seeing as when we arrived there was in fact no room for us in the hotel, even though we had booked! We arrived in the middle of the night and we were four young girls. Being told you have no room, in a location you don't know at all was very scary and worrying. The hotel offered no alternatives and were unhelpful in this situation, they even laughed at our situation. They didn't even help us with an alternative.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel is at the end of an alley, but its location in Shanghai is good. Easy to get to other sights. Very friendly staff and quite good atmosphere too.

I chose this hostel because was the only one available for the New Year.The hostel is not in the main street but you have to walk along a very bad little street before to reach it.The hostel itself is not bad looking, but the room was on the first floor and was really cold. We asked for the heating system but the first night was broken and the others night it worked just for a few hours. Then, they didn't give us the blankets for the first two night! They forgot it!

Staff speaks really less English. Heater does not work. Warm water in the shower not available. Booked Room was also not available.

Found the Hidden Garden Hostel at the end of a dirty, dark alley. The lobby was nice, but we received bad directions from the receptionists twice. The room itself was horrible. The walls were covered in mold and the room was so damp that the bedding and any clothes left out felt damp by the end of the day. We tried to leave the fan going to air out the room, but the staff would come in and turn it off. Why they were in a private room to see the fan going when they don't clean is a mystery.

1) There was really ODD SMELL in my room (and not only in my room). 2) It was pleasant to have bathroom on my room, but it was not very clean. 3) The aircond was not very good. 4) You must walk through DARK AND SCARY STREET to get there. 5) Staff was very helpfull and there was a NICE ATMOSPHERE that fortunately SAVED EVERYTHING. And they have nearly every movie (you can watch it whenever you want). 6) Drinks were NOT EXPENSIVE there as well as the western menu.they offer.

Food was overpriced for the quality served, there were large tangles of black hair stuck to the room's bathroom wall, location is more than 10 min walk from metro and hostel is reached by walking down a filthy back alley.Staff is helpful, not friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7