Shangri-Lagos Hostel Reviews

Travessa Gil Vicente 15, Lagos, Portugal

When we arrived, it took the staff about 30 minutes to finish his dinner to show up at the reception. Not the best first image. We stayed at the apartment on the opposite side of the main house. There, it seemed more clean and calm, but still it didn't seemed clean and not in a good condition (wet walls). Good place for young people and potheads, if you like good atmosphere, go somewhere else.

Basic no frills hostel with an awesome chilled vibe. Good place for meeting alternative thinkers and for those looking to get away from the normal party peoples hostels Polly is an absolute legend!

Shangri-Lagos isnt a hostel, its a home. The staff were awesome, Poly and Will are legends. Thanks guys.

• 19th Sep 2014

I had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at Shangri-Lagos. Loved the outdoor garden area and the colorful decor of the building. All of the walls are decked out with praise from past visitors - very positive vibe. Always reggae & good music playing. Perhaps this isn't the place for solo travelers (or perhaps it's just Lagos as whole), as almost everyone I met had come with a group.

Great location with an amazing chill out garden where everybody can meet and mingle. Unfortunately lots of problems during our stay with over booking, which some staff handled amazingly while others were rude and unhelpful. Not ideal situation. Cheers to the that did help and did a great job accommodating our needs. Lots of suggested activities and recommendations from friendly staff really made our trip. Great place to meet other travellers, and lots extended their stays which says it all!

We stayed at the second building in a little room without windows or any kind of ventilation, the matresses are covered in plastic so that we woke up totally sweaty many times per night. The bathrooms (only 2 for 5 rooms) were filthy, the whole place seemed dirty. The staff was friendly but didn't know anything about the greater area or travelling in Portugal. They also had problems with overbooking but that did not affect us. Would definitely never book there again.

Dear Client, we at Shangri-Lagos make a continued effort to make sure that all guests have the most pleasant stay with us, but it's true, we are not always perfect :) We believe that we should have the right to a second opinion from you. therefore we would like to invite you to return to our hostel for the same period has your original booking from 15-9-2014 to 15/4/2015 on a complementary basis and we hope that we can change your opinion on us... Thank you :) :) :) Shangri-Lagos Hostel

Great stay at Shangri! It was already my second stay here and I will definitely be back for a third one. The hostel garden is just perfect to chill and meet people, especially after a long night out!

Had a great stay in shangrilagos!! They have a separate building with a quieter vibe and great if you have 2 or 3 people with you! Great if you want to get away from the crazy party atmosphere and chill out for a bit. The staff were amazing! I forgot my passport in my room while checking out and went to Lisbon, but the staff emailed me straight away and kept it safe, even offering it to mail it to me. Luckily I was heading down to lagos again anyway so I picked it up! Great value!

One of the worst hostel I've stayed at, the staff seemed very unorganised with more than a few over bookings and in general. Bathrooms were pretty bad with 1 toilet for 20 beds. The lockers were so flimsy ad only held together with glue. Beds were broken and held together with duct tape. 1 charging port per room and wifi wasn't good. The court yard was good as was the bartender though.

Staff generally friendly and helpful, but overall experience pretty average due to issues such as overbooking, broken/old amenities etc.

They only cool thing this hostel has is a nice patio, which they close at 10:30. Beds are noisy and it gets really hot and sticky inside the rooms. No A/C. Staff is cool and helpful, but if you want the Lagos-party experience, go somewhere else.

What a place! Me and my friend had the best time at Shangri. We planned to stay for 2 nights, it ended up in 5 instead. The staff was amazing and I really recommend this place! Probably not for the familyvacation, more like the opposite;)

• 29th Jul 2014