Shangri-Lagos Hostel Reviews

Travessa Gil Vicente 15, Lagos, Portugal

Beds were really clean -- clean sheets, mattresses, etc. -- but the showers were just okay, and the rest of the hostel overall was grubby. However, the chill vibe of the staff and other people staying here was perfect -- far better than some other hostels in the area.

• 18th Jul 2014

Cool hippy vibes at Shargi-Lagos. Stayed at 3 different hostels in Lagos and this was definitely my favourite. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the outdoor garden is a great place to chill. The other hostels I stayed at were pretty rough so this was definitely a nice oasis to finally stumble into. Would say a must stay if you are in lagos trying to avoid the Aussie party bro vibe that has taken over the town. Thats not to say this place isn't loads of fun because it definitely is.

Loved this hostel. Lagos in July is full of full-time partiers who go crazy every night. Shangri-Lagos was a good respite from all of the madness. There are images of Buddha all over the place and they burn incense. It's perfect if you want to party and have fun, but meet some more relaxed people and have a safe and clean place to spend the night. The garden is a wonderful place to recharge. Location is perfect - seconds away from the main strip, but quiet at night. Staff is helpful and friendly

Really nice staff, an amazing vibe... and we especially loved the garden! The rooms and bathromms are a bit too small for the price, in my opinion.

Overall a great vibe and great garden area but was disappointed by the false advertising - many facilities they claim to have they could not provide e.g. washing machine/laundry facilities, towels are not free, bbq, no wifi if you're not in the main building. There are better options in lagos that still have a great vibe while providing better facilities. No privacy in showers or locks on dorm doors.

We were in the second building across the street. No wifi in that whole building which was a shame. Pretty average facilities on the whole. Decent vibe in the main building and the garden area, but there are nicer hostels in Lagos.

Awesome staff, vibe was incredible and loved every minute of my stay. Definitely be back

• 5th Jul 2014

The faculties weren't the greatest but otherwise everything else about this hostel was great. Would have no problem returning here

Good hostel for a lone traveller & anyone who wants to meet new people. It´s quite small which is good because your forced to meet people. Small dorms shared toilets & showers. Great atmosphere

Great hostel, great location and the staff were absolutely amazing. The garden is something else too. One of the best hostels I've stayed in throughout a year and a half of travelling the world. You'd be silly not to book here.

Really mellow place with a cool, surfy vibe. I would definitely return! The well-equipped kitchen and social common areas make it easy to meet people. The staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating too.

Had a great time at Shangri Lagos. I would definitely come back.

Had a nice stay, staff was very friendly, beautiful garden, cheap drinks at the the hostel bar and just a few minutes away from the nightlife center

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Austria

The shangri-lagos is awesome. Every time you went into the garden there was someone to hang out with, incl. staff. I made friends with every staff member, even the night guy. They were all super nice and helpful with anything you needed. Will, the bartender was great, he took us on an impromptu pub crawl and told us where to go on other nights. The beds are beds, the rooms are rooms, but the atmosphere was great. There were lockers in the rooms but no locks on the door but didn't feel sketchy

We loved this place! It was clean and tidy and had everything we needed. Good showers, internet, a fantastic bar and outdoor sitting area. One of my favourite hostels ever.

Prefect hostel. Garden area is top notch. Staff are excellent. Ana the cleaner is very friendly and helpful. Will be back!

Great place Great atmosphere Great people we extended out stay 3 more days it's such chilled out place and the out door terrace is awesome! also kitchen had so many facilities and the bunks where bigger then usual which is always good!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at plenty). The second we walked in through the door we felt like family, with the staff all making a massive effort to help us out with anything from directions to places to eat.This hostel will appeal to absolutely anyone and if you're a fan of homemade cooking the resident chef/cleaner/mum Anna will be there to make you one seriously good bowl of traditional Portuguese soup! Go there, this review doesn't doesn't do it justice :)

• 25th May 2014
  • Scotland

I had the most amazing time at Shangri-Lagos!! I have already recommended it to several friends and if I am ever back in Lagos, I wil definitely stay there again! 5 days didn´t feel like enough! The staff are all amazing and friendly and make you feel right at home instantly. Such a chilled, relaxed atmosphere - the garden and (new) bar are awesome for hanging out and meeting other like-minded, awesome people. Great for nightlife and so close to beautiful beaches.

Great hostel, really relaxed and friendly. Prime location, and comfortable!

• 19th May 2014