Shangri-Lagos Hostel Reviews

Travessa Gil Vicente 15, Lagos, Portugal

Great hostel, great location and the staff were absolutely amazing. The garden is something else too. One of the best hostels I've stayed in throughout a year and a half of travelling the world. You'd be silly not to book here.

Really mellow place with a cool, surfy vibe. I would definitely return! The well-equipped kitchen and social common areas make it easy to meet people. The staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating too.

Had a great time at Shangri Lagos. I would definitely come back.

Had a nice stay, staff was very friendly, beautiful garden, cheap drinks at the the hostel bar and just a few minutes away from the nightlife center

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Austria

The shangri-lagos is awesome. Every time you went into the garden there was someone to hang out with, incl. staff. I made friends with every staff member, even the night guy. They were all super nice and helpful with anything you needed. Will, the bartender was great, he took us on an impromptu pub crawl and told us where to go on other nights. The beds are beds, the rooms are rooms, but the atmosphere was great. There were lockers in the rooms but no locks on the door but didn't feel sketchy

We loved this place! It was clean and tidy and had everything we needed. Good showers, internet, a fantastic bar and outdoor sitting area. One of my favourite hostels ever.

Prefect hostel. Garden area is top notch. Staff are excellent. Ana the cleaner is very friendly and helpful. Will be back!

Great place Great atmosphere Great people we extended out stay 3 more days it's such chilled out place and the out door terrace is awesome! also kitchen had so many facilities and the bunks where bigger then usual which is always good!

The best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at plenty). The second we walked in through the door we felt like family, with the staff all making a massive effort to help us out with anything from directions to places to eat.This hostel will appeal to absolutely anyone and if you're a fan of homemade cooking the resident chef/cleaner/mum Anna will be there to make you one seriously good bowl of traditional Portuguese soup! Go there, this review doesn't doesn't do it justice :)

• 25th May 2014
  • Scotland

I had the most amazing time at Shangri-Lagos!! I have already recommended it to several friends and if I am ever back in Lagos, I wil definitely stay there again! 5 days didn´t feel like enough! The staff are all amazing and friendly and make you feel right at home instantly. Such a chilled, relaxed atmosphere - the garden and (new) bar are awesome for hanging out and meeting other like-minded, awesome people. Great for nightlife and so close to beautiful beaches.

Great hostel, really relaxed and friendly. Prime location, and comfortable!

Shangri was wicked, check out the garden, careful you may get stuck there, as the massive bean bags, nice music make it very cool to end or begin any day. The place has a nice family feel, you'll know everyone pretty soon. thanks again guys, I'll see you again.

• 15th May 2014

A nice hostel spread over two properties across the street from each other. The buildings are old and the vibe is very hippy but it was a good stay.

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere and welcoming staff!

• 7th May 2014

Staying at Shangri-Lagos was an incredible experience that I would recommend to anyone traveling through Portugal! We actually ended up staying at the hostel by accident and had only planned to stay a night or two...we instantly fell in love and decided to stay for 5 days. The hostel is very clean and the staff is so friendly...they truly make you feel like you are part of their hostel family. Be sure to spend lots of time in the outdoor garden/patio! Thank you for everything

• 30th Apr 2014

I had a pleasurable experience staying at this hostel. The location is PERFECT and the staff are one of the best I have had a pleasure to meet. Ben, Trish, and Tiago were (to name a few) very helpful and willing to go out of their way to make my stay at the 'home-like' hostel comfortable. They have a wonderful common area that spills out into the sun with hammocks and bean bags. Internet was a little weak but while being in Lagos there was no reason to sit inside anyways.

Hello, we enjoyed Lagos and his beaches soo much. It's a beautiful city / town for a holiday stay. The hostel isn't something special, but the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The house has very small rooms and I felt like prisoned in relation with other hostels we did in Portugal. We absoultuely wants to go back to Lagos.

Dear Friend, The staff are very pleased for your compliments though a little confused by the description of the hostel. The room you booked was 5m x 6m, with one double bed and a window 1.5m x 1.25m overlooking a small garden terrace. Perhaps you should have spoken with our friendly staff if you were not happy and they would have helpfully moved you to another room of your choice. A big thank you from all at Shangri-Lagos. Safe travels!

The hostel is amazing and rather unique!we have enjoyed at the most our staying there.it suits all young people.the rooms are decorated with a unique sense of style and are very artistic.the location is excellent-just 5'from the bar of the area and easy to be found.the staff was amazing:Daniel,Ben,Patricia,Will and of cource the most awesome receptionist I ve come across : Tiago

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Stayed here in mid-April. The hostel was still getting ready for the season but staff were extremely nice and willing to help. Once the bar opens in the garden this place will be a blast.

• 15th Apr 2014

Great for meeting people and having a few drinks, but not so well if you want to have nice sleep as it's really noisy

1 2 Next » last »