Shangri-la Emma Inn Reviews

No. 42 Juelong Road, Jinlong Street, Shangri-la, China

Very friendly staff even though they could not really communicate fluently in English. I got really sick during my stay and the hotel staff were so kind to take me to the hospital, help me with the doctor and medicine, and even make me feel comfortable later on at the hostel preparing me some food and making me feel at ease. I really appreciated this, thank you!

Thank you very much for his appreciation for different cultures contain your recognition of our work and hope you a happy life work smoothly.

The fact that the building is enclosed in a glass box means that the air quality in the living spaces is not good. Maybe altitude sickness plays a role, but I think that the problem also is due to that fact that bedrooms have NO windows that open to the outside of the building to let in fresh air. Facilities are BARE BONES. As much as I liked the staff I would not stay at that location again.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hi, glad you could faithfully to speak one's mind. But you know, the glass house is Shangri-La characteristics. Is pure Tibetan style houses. I hope you can suit one's measures to local conditions, Do in Rome as Rome does.

I highly recommend Emma Inn.. good location, clean facilities, delicious food and very kind staff. Even if they don't speak much English, you can get all their tips and recommendations very well! They will help you with information and arrange tour to see the beautiful sourrandings... even I got sick for two days and they help me with medicine! I like this place and if I have the opportunity to go back to Shangrila, I'll stay at Emma Inn.

Thank you for our business support Wish you a happy life happy family the best wishes for you

Lovely owner, his English is far from perfect but is an extremely kind and helpful person. The hostel itself is also clean and lovely and just a few minutes' walk from the old town centre. Definitely recommend.

Thank you very much for your kindness and forgiveness Thank you for the support and encouragement of entrepreneurial couples

Location is very close to old town. Make sure to get address in Chinese or call ASAP as you arrive because it can be bit difficult to find with google maps. Staff is great and the Chinese breakfast plenty. Good place to stay in S-La

Thank you to my work recognized the best wishes for you

Very nice people and good services! This hostel employee looks is very friendly!”

Thank you thank you for patience and understanding of different nationality culture your praise all hope you have the opportunity to come back

Nothing was too much trouble. Papa took us everywhere from the bank to the temple. The staff speak minimal English but they try so hard to understand and do things for you. We felt so well cared for. Close to what is left of the old town, the temple and the square. The atmosphere was wonderful.

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for your tolerance and magnanimous best wishes

The Emma Inn was absolutely awesome! We showed up and our Dorm was taken in a booking mistake so they immediately upgraded us to a beautiful private room that could have been in a 4 star hotel! The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, not so much English but that didn't stop them from doing there best to help us in anyway they could. A great group of people running it! We should note is that the Dorm is unheated and no electric blankets, and only "eastern" toilets available to the dorms.

This hostel is such a configuration, including as well as international youth hostel. If you need the blanket please reserve room. I hope you can understand.

One of the best hosting experience in the region of Shangri La and suroundings, very comfortable, clean, cosy and charming. Once you get pass the main door, you get acces to a lightfull indoor patio where you'll find rooms and reception. You will be welcome by one of the nicest staff ever met in China and who can guide you through the regions best activities (the ones that are note in the guides) and even provide you very competitive driving services (thanks papa).

• 1st Feb 2014

Really thank you thank you for the different cultural atmosphere of generosity and tolerance is hope you can come again Shangri-La Emmainn for the evaluation we write so much.

Very attentive, kind and accommodating staff. We would go back to Shangri La just for that. In addition, the rooms are new and clean.

I hope you can come again Shangri-La thanks for your tolerance and understanding of different regional culture.