Shangrila Boutique Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Jyatha, Kathmandu, Nepal

My husband and I stayed there for six days and had a GREAT time! The staff were friendly and fun and we always felt like were were treated as friends not just guests paying for a room. The owner, Keshab, is one of the most generous and kindest people we have ever met and we would love nothing more than to return there and repay all the kindness he's shown us by giving kindness in turn to the people of Nepal. Keshab, keep up the good work and we will see you again in the future! ~ Y and S

• 18th Jan 2016

Goood hostel

Perfect place to crash, had dorm to myself but could have been a pretty tight fit if full. Very helpful staff, easy to find, clean and warm blankets!

Very calm hostel! No noise! Excelent staff! Excelent hostel! I had good moments in KTM here! Definitely, i will come back!

No comments

Really lovely staff. Would have liked breakfast to be included in the price though, but good value for what you get! Would stay here again.

The hotel helped us to arrange a pick up from the airport which was very convenient. The room was clean and spacious enough for two. and very comfy bed too. The staff was very friendly and nice and even made the hassle to prepare us supper as we were really famished after the long flight and reached really late at night. That's very sweet and thoughtful of them .

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Very nice hotel. I stayed in the common dorm and beds are super comfy, shared bathroom smells like some chemical product but it's fine. Staff is super welcoming and they really make you fell home. Breakfast is very good and food in general in the restaurant is good too, you can find cheaper places outside but if you feel too lazy to go out it is a good price. Very close to Thamel but far enough too not hear the noisy streets of Kathmandu. Definitely recommend this place :)

Really enjoyed staying at the shangri la hostel, owner and staff are really helpfull. Always looking for solutions no matter what question you come up with. i would suggest they install a doorbell or an personal alarm for the reception desk for when you arrive at night, sometimes it took a while for the reception to wake up and guest would start banging on door or shout and waking up not just the reception.... anyway a very good place for staying and I would certainly recommend it!

• 5th Nov 2015

Owner was awesome and welcoming. Was very comfortable and excellent location. Great value for the money. Loved the airport pickup after a long flight.

This hotel was really good. We booked a dorm room but it only ended up being me and my friend in the room which was great. The beds were incredibly comfy and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast was also good considering it was complimentary! The only thing was the bathrooms were a bit smelly at times but other than that we had a good experience. And it is a good location to walk around and find everything you need.

I like hostel's lobby and roof-deck, it's warm and cozy. A comment would be that the hostel's official pictures doesn't reflect the actual lobby and room. There's WiFi in the hostel, which is a definite plus. And the location is pretty nice too, near the souvenir shops, money changes, and restaurants.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

hostwl was great, in heart of thamel district yet secluded enough to be quiet, breakfast included, plus free wifi and airport pickup make this an great stay, id recommend it

• 12th Sep 2015

I strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel with friendly and welcoming atmosphere! Especially, the owner of the hotel is the greatest guy I've ever met. Thanks for the great moment and I will see you again in near future!