Shangrila Boutique Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Jyatha, Kathmandu, Nepal

I planned my trip to Nepal in March and it happened to be about a week after the Nepal earthquake. I was uncertain about whether or not I still had a reservation or if the hostel was still functioning; I had requested a driver from the hostel to meet me at the airport, but no driver came. A taxi driver knew the place and took me there and all was well, so there was some anxiety because of that but it was also understandable because the earthquake had happened so recently.

Very friendly staff and good accommodations. The manager was so kind and helped us arrange everything we wanted to do in the short amount of time we had in Pokara. I highly recommend this hostel!

We stayed one week at the hotel. Positive issues: nice rooftop, breakfast, location and good atmosphere. Negative: Internet is very slow, shower is not always working well, food in hotel is more expensive than Gaia Restaurant (you'd better go there). We slept in a room full of mold. I don't recommend the sunrise tour. Our itinerary was not accomplished and, of course, we were fully charged.

I went in the quiet season and was one of the few in the hostel. The staff are all very friendly and happy to offer advice. There's a bar/restaurant on the roof which serves good food. It's located right at the end of a random alleyway in the backpackers area meaning it's nice and quiet but still very central.

I stayed there for almost a week in a 4 bed shared room it was small basically just to sleep but the beds are clean and cozy , the breakfast is good you can enjoy it on the balcony , the stuff is helpful ,and the most important thing i liked was the manager of the hotel and his friends ;-) they are so friendly we went out eat drank and everything else they are the main reason behind this success they care about their guest well fair and they are happy people and diffidently i will be back .

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Egypt

I really liked shangrila. It was good walking distance from everything and the roof was a good escape from kathmandu chaos.

Shangrila is a quaint hotel bang in the centre of Thamel. Its a minutes walk away from the bustling shopping areas. Rooms are spartan but clean, staff is courteous and helpful. The cafe on the roof top makes a reasonably good breakfast.

We were collected from the airport as arranged. Hotel is very well located in a quiet lane just off one of Thamel's main streets. Staff are friendly & helpful. Good breakfast & meals. All round an enjoyable stay and good value for monry. We will be staying again when we return to Kathmandu.

The washroom was a little grotty but otherwise comfortable stay, staff relatively friendly. Good location but off the main road so make sure you have Google Maps or know where you're going. Fair price for a 4 bedroom bunk. Also electricity worked and all powerpoints were working which is big thing in Nepal and India.

very supportive and friendly staff helped us to organize onwards journey, nice rooftop restaurant with great breakfast, good and quiet location in thamel, enjoyed the stay and would for sure come back to this hotel

There is not enough great things to say about this place. It hits all the main concerns: safe, clean,

• 16th Feb 2015

Lovely welcome drinks on arrival and very helpful, kind staff. The hostel is in an excellent location within Thamel but away from the loud roads. Great for travellers on a budget.

• 4th Jan 2015