Shangrila Boutique Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Jyatha, Kathmandu, Nepal

In Kathmandu, Shangri-la has become like a home for us, my daughter Victória and I, for the staff and management, specially Mr. Sabin, are not only super friendly, but also, very helpful in providing the best assistance and support in terms of arranging flights, rafting, temples, Pokhara, Chitwan Park,... We are certainly looking forward to visiting Nepal again, and, this time, it´ll be nice to stay at Shangri-la together with our Nepali friends! Namaste

• 19th Nov 2014

Excellent service. Very friendly.

The place to stay in Kathmandu! I enjoyed it so much i came back. Reale nice staff, good rooms, hot shower, fabulous restaurant., peaceful part of Thamel. The owner makes you part of the family. Thanks for a great stay.

This is a lovely little gem of a place nicely tucked away in central Thamel. The room was clean and colourful with fresh sheets and towels. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included, it changed each day and it was excellent. The wider menu was good value for money and really tasty. I always recieved a warm welcome. There is a gorgeous rooftop restaurant and chilling area, where you relax and read or sunbathe.

• 17th Oct 2014

The staff here was amazing!Our group felt so welcomed and comfortable, that we came back to this hostel after our trek. There was always someone cleaning, which was nice! The place was kept very tidy.Our beds were clean.We really liked the location,it was around the corner from all the shopping and food.But, far enough away for the nights to be quiet and restful.The dorm bathroom, was a bit small. Not much can be done about that.If we ever come back to Kathmandu again, we would stay here.Thanks!

The guest house is perfectly placed in the heart of thamel but tucked away enough to escape the noise! Roof top terrace is nice to chill out on and staff are friendly and attentive. I booked the dorm room but moved after one night as it was tiny! 2 bunk beds with approx 6 inches between them. Even if your not claustrophobic this could test you. Especially if all 4 bunks are in use, with ruck sacks etc were in there. That said they did offer to not let anyone else rent a bunk if I had stayed.

• 5th Oct 2014

Great Stay. Great staff, nice location away from the noisy streets of Thamel. Only issue with the dorm room I stayed in is... Cochroaches (and some as big as my thumb!) Sleep was a bit restless knowing I was co-habiting with bugs...

I stayed in the dorm room, everything was good, only 2 complaints. 1. Not very plesant shared bathroom for the floor. It was too small and had a bad smell. 2. The owner sold me a really expensive tour package, I regret buying it, as I could've done all those things myself for probably half the price. Good location, quiet and good restaurant.

The hotel had power outages everyday and the staff try to sell you expensive package tours while stoned.There is no air conditioning and the fan speed is only high however you can't use the fans when the power is out. I was taken to the airport by the manager to do trekking in Annapurna and then they charged me for the room while i was away because they said i didn't communicate properly i wanted my luggage stored. You can hear traffic noise, i wouldn't stay in Kathmandu again just go to Polkara

• 11th Sep 2014

Lovely place with a beautiful rooftop restaurant. You might have a little difficulty finding it for the first time as it's tucked away from the busy streets if thamel. But that is it's advantage as well. Food is great and the rooms have a cute little balcony with chairs that make for a perfect reading spot!

The staffs working there are excellent. very polite and warmhearted. And the breakfast included in the expense was very good. They have different set of breakfast every morning. My first trip in Kathmandu I stayed there, and when i come back from Pokahra, i stayed there again.

• 29th Jun 2014