Shangrila Boutique Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Jyatha, Kathmandu, Nepal

Excellent service. Very friendly.

The place to stay in Kathmandu! I enjoyed it so much i came back. Reale nice staff, good rooms, hot shower, fabulous restaurant., peaceful part of Thamel. The owner makes you part of the family. Thanks for a great stay.

This is a lovely little gem of a place nicely tucked away in central Thamel. The room was clean and colourful with fresh sheets and towels. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included, it changed each day and it was excellent. The wider menu was good value for money and really tasty. I always recieved a warm welcome. There is a gorgeous rooftop restaurant and chilling area, where you relax and read or sunbathe.

• 17th Oct 2014

The guest house is perfectly placed in the heart of thamel but tucked away enough to escape the noise! Roof top terrace is nice to chill out on and staff are friendly and attentive. I booked the dorm room but moved after one night as it was tiny! 2 bunk beds with approx 6 inches between them. Even if your not claustrophobic this could test you. Especially if all 4 bunks are in use, with ruck sacks etc were in there. That said they did offer to not let anyone else rent a bunk if I had stayed.

• 5th Oct 2014

Great Stay. Great staff, nice location away from the noisy streets of Thamel. Only issue with the dorm room I stayed in is... Cochroaches (and some as big as my thumb!) Sleep was a bit restless knowing I was co-habiting with bugs...

I stayed in the dorm room, everything was good, only 2 complaints. 1. Not very plesant shared bathroom for the floor. It was too small and had a bad smell. 2. The owner sold me a really expensive tour package, I regret buying it, as I could've done all those things myself for probably half the price. Good location, quiet and good restaurant.

The hotel had power outages everyday and the staff try to sell you expensive package tours while stoned.There is no air conditioning and the fan speed is only high however you can't use the fans when the power is out. I was taken to the airport by the manager to do trekking in Annapurna and then they charged me for the room while i was away because they said i didn't communicate properly i wanted my luggage stored. You can hear traffic noise, i wouldn't stay in Kathmandu again just go to Polkara

• 11th Sep 2014

Lovely place with a beautiful rooftop restaurant. You might have a little difficulty finding it for the first time as it's tucked away from the busy streets if thamel. But that is it's advantage as well. Food is great and the rooms have a cute little balcony with chairs that make for a perfect reading spot!

The staffs working there are excellent. very polite and warmhearted. And the breakfast included in the expense was very good. They have different set of breakfast every morning. My first trip in Kathmandu I stayed there, and when i come back from Pokahra, i stayed there again.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • China

Recommended! Food at rooftop restaurant was excellent! Nice atmosphere but twice was chased out of areas by a child who ran around whining

The staff is very helpful. It is well located, even though it´s not on Thamel street so at night can be very dark and lonely; but as it is just a few steps from the busy Thamel, this cannot be a real problem. Beds are super confortable. Rooms at the first floor are noisy.