8.5
Fabulous 114 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 114 Total Reviews
Shangrila Boutique Hotel Located at Thamel, Jyatha, , Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu 446001 Thamel, Jyatha
85% 114
27.7137549 85.3138375
    Rooms available

13th Aug 2016
7.4

I had a good stay, but there was a loud beeping sound that lasted all throughout the night, and it came from right outside my door. Made it impossible to sleep. Also, the places was remarkably hard to find, as there were no signs pointing to where the hostel was (I triple checked).

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2016

I was unfortunately travelling in off season so there wasn't many people staying here and I was alone and looking for friends. However, the staff were amazing and I had a blast getting to know them. Great location and facilities!

29th Jun 2016
8.0

Clean, quiet place to stay. Not much of an atmosphere to meet other people or travelers. Staff were friendly.

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016

Helpful staff and great location

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
25th May 2016

Im Alessio from Belgium. And i stayed at the Shrilanga hostel for about 2 weeks. And i must say i really loved it.. Cool staff, always prepared to help, laugh and party with you.. They have a good kitchen. Ive made once a chocolat banana brownie for them. And they teached me how to make the traditional dishes..clean rooms and bathrooms.. Ive met alot of cool people at this hostel. Ciaoo

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016
8.0

The beds were the best part! Super comfortable. It's a great location in Thamel but you do have to walk down an alley street for approximately 1 minute, which can be a little dodgy at night for a woman alone. There wasn't much of a vibe or community, but the staff were friendly and respectful. And the comfortable beds made it all worth it! I would defintiely stay here again.

7th May 2016

I loved this place! I came here with no plans and the staff directed me to the tour guide on site. It is a lot of twists in the road to get here, but it is very easy to figure out and it's right next to the market so you'll always find something. I think the one thing I would have to say negative is that in order to not make the bathrooms smell bad they put too much of the urinal cakes in and makes it smell like them. Besides that, this place is amazing!

16th Apr 2016

Great hostel. 4 person rooms are a little small and can be crowded. Big locker for all your stuff.clean bathroom. Cool rooftop for hanging out. Computers with Internet are also avalible on the roof. There are water coolers you an use to fill up a water bottle. Not every bed in the dorm had an outlet for charging a phone which made things a little difficult. I had hot water for a shower every morning. Overall a great stay.

22nd Mar 2016

Such a great place! The staff here were so friendly and helpful. They helped me arrange bus transport to Chitwan the first night I stay there. When I returned, the place was overbooked for Holi, but they were able to adjust and accommodate us very graciously. Very fun atmosphere but also such comfy beds, I got amazing sleep!

17th Mar 2016
6.0

The hotel was awful, no hot water at all, there was power only few hours at night, water in bathroom was liking, the day after I was going around to see the other hotels, I found much better hotels with better price and facilities, however I stayed only two days and then moved to the Pilgrim Hotel for one week more.

Thanks for staying with us. Normally we have hot water.sometime electricity cut for long time and water cannot get hot this problem was facing by us in our whole country.but we have solar hot water and we supply it for backup at morning and evening time We appolize for this We will try to solve this problem soon