Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

Great value accommodation,very clean and staff always willing to help and answer any questions.

• 21st Jul 2015

The best hostel to stay at when in Skopje hands down! Peter and his wife are the best people to talk to when wanting to know about Macedonia in general let alone Skopje! Everything is top notch! The exact reason why they are always fully booked in the summer!

Such a great chilled out hostel. Staff were so helpful and the doorms were clean and met all the needs of a backpacker

Great atmosphere and really friendly and helpful staff, good location. Highly recommended!

Really great hostel with super friendly staff, they were in the process of fitting air conditioning to the rooms during my status making things more comfortable.

Only spent a night there but would definitely stay again if I find myself in Skopje. The breakfast is standard bread with jam/nutella like stuff or cereal. What I really liked about this hostel is that the gate is always locked and you need to use a code to get in. Made me feel extra safe.

There are two hostels- shanti 1 and shanti 2. I'm not really sure how you're supposed to know which one you're staying at. I think we stayed at shanti 1. Hostel was fine overall, not the best but not the worst. The owner was nice but was rather impressed with himself.

Hostel really good, clean and with good facilities. The staff was really helpful not only to me, but with my friends too. Breakfast was good and I'd reccomend it to everyone. I arrived at night and my first thought was that the location was not so good, but in the morning I saw it was ok actually.

The staff are just exceptional, location is great near bus stops shops pubs 5 min from town... Pick this one and you will be a happy traveller Have fun in Skopje ; ) a lovely city!

Great hostel! The staff where really cool, they gave you some good suggestions of things to do in the city and are willing to help you out with any problems you may have. They will even hang out and drink with the guests in the evening. The hostel was clean and cosey with very comfy beds! Also is in a great location, next to the bus station and only a 10 minute walk into the main town! Highly recommend!

Has everything you need. Located in a very quiet neighbourhood. Close to bus station: city center.

Great social vibe, and it feels like home abroad! Nice, cozy lounging area both inside and outside (covered by a roof so even if it rains you can still enjoy the fresh Air! The beds are super comfy, and basic Breakfast is free. The staff is absolutely amazing, and the location is perfect - right next to the bus/train station and 15 minutes to the city! Single travellers or friends together, it's definitely a good choice!

close to the trainstation, not far from sights. staff is really friendly and helpful. our bedroom had very squeeky beds and floor! overall great hostel.

Friendly staff, social vibe, excellent location! I would happily stay here again.

A good hostel. A few minutes walk to a big super market and the bus station. Basic breakfast included.

Perfect place! Staff was very nice, rooms are confortable and with lockers, everything clean, nice atmosphere at the yard... We repeated next week when we came back to Skopje!

Nice place a few minutes from the train station and 5-10 minutes to town. There's a supermarket 2 minutes away. The beds were comfy with curtains for privacy. The 4 bed dorm was a bit small but the other dorm had more room. The outside common area is good to hang out in and social. The breakfast was a bit basic. The staff were helpful and friendly.

All round brilliant hostel! Spacious dorms, nice common areas both inside and outside, very close to center of Skopje. The staff are also really friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, clean and simple hostel. Had a great time there and met people, I recommend it.

Like fine Macedonian wine.