Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

Like fine Macedonian wine.

Loved Shanti hostel!! The staff is so friendly, the lounge/kitchen is great for meeting other travellers and the rooms have all the extras like electrical outlets and curtains for each bed. Good location and very chilled out place!

Great atmosphere and a good place to meet fellow travelers. There was a nice mix of young and old and everyone felt welcome. There's a nice outdoor sitting area if it's sunny or an indoor common room if it's chilly, kitchen, everything you need. Bathrooms are downstairs if you're sleeping in a dorm but wasn't really an issue. My only complaint is that I booked online and when I paid my bill they didn't check to see my deposit so I was charged the normal price. Only about a euro but still...

The best hostel I have ever been to and very helpfull staff. Thank you :)

My friends and I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff was super kind, caring and friendly, the room was nice, all facilities in general were clean and worked well, and the garden was lovely. The location is perfect, only 5 min from the centre by foot. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, in a nice neighborhood! Awesome staff, great rooms! Got bumped to shanti 2 and just as great and only 2 minute walk away! Solid breakfast

Genuinely welcoming owners, very patient, obliging and helpful with information. Gave out a free city map that's better than the ones for sale.

• 13th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved Shanti Hostel! Great location, decor, and hospitality. I definitely will be back!

Good hostel and great location (5 minutes walk from the bus station, about 10/15 min walk from the city center). Unfortunately we only spent one night in Skopje before flying back home after our trip in the Balkans. The staff was very helpful in showing us how to make the most of our short time in Skopje.

The staff is just amasing, ready for any kind of help (for example in my personal case I needed some urgent medication, and they drove me straight to a pharmacy in the midle of the night :) Really good location. Avatar :)

Hospitality is the correct word for Shanti hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

I felt at home. The beds were with curtains and private. the Cats that visit the patio are a good sign of a place that feels like home. Everyone helped me and encouraged me to enjoy their country and culture. Must return!

Atmosphere was a bit low due to it being off season, but besides that I enjoyed my stay! Easy to walk to from the bus station and the center of Skopje isn't too far away. Tip: Once you see the "Vero Center" walk across the street (so that you have the Vero center opposite you) to find the signs for the hostel. Once you find the signs it's very easy to find!

I had an amazing time there, the staff is incredible, and the people I met were stellar. Literally 3 min from bus station, although I got turned around badly at night upon arrival, so make sure you know which way to walk.

Hostel OK. Good wifi, shower ok, good bed.

Perfect location within walking distance to pretty much everything, privacy curtains were a plus, great cozy atmosphere and great staff!!

great hostel and the curtain beds are wonderful

Truly great and comfy place! The staff was amazing, the room was spacious and cozy, breakfast was nice, free tea and coffee available at all times and much more!

I booked for 1 night, stayed for 5 nights. Shanti hostel is home away from home. Close to train station and bus terminal, a mall, restaurants, banks. Best part of this hostel is the staff.

Staff was very friendly, and the dark curtains on the beds were a phenomenal addition every hostel should have. The only issues were the bathroom being on a different floor than the room, and that it was quite loud until 3am one night.