Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

Has everything you need. Located in a very quiet neighbourhood. Close to bus station: city center.

Great social vibe, and it feels like home abroad! Nice, cozy lounging area both inside and outside (covered by a roof so even if it rains you can still enjoy the fresh Air! The beds are super comfy, and basic Breakfast is free. The staff is absolutely amazing, and the location is perfect - right next to the bus/train station and 15 minutes to the city! Single travellers or friends together, it's definitely a good choice!

close to the trainstation, not far from sights. staff is really friendly and helpful. our bedroom had very squeeky beds and floor! overall great hostel.

Friendly staff, social vibe, excellent location! I would happily stay here again.

Perfect place! Staff was very nice, rooms are confortable and with lockers, everything clean, nice atmosphere at the yard... We repeated next week when we came back to Skopje!

Nice place a few minutes from the train station and 5-10 minutes to town. There's a supermarket 2 minutes away. The beds were comfy with curtains for privacy. The 4 bed dorm was a bit small but the other dorm had more room. The outside common area is good to hang out in and social. The breakfast was a bit basic. The staff were helpful and friendly.

All round brilliant hostel! Spacious dorms, nice common areas both inside and outside, very close to center of Skopje. The staff are also really friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, clean and simple hostel. Had a great time there and met people, I recommend it.

Like fine Macedonian wine.

The owner and staffs are really nice and helpful. The owner is very talkative and hospitality, he can tell you the history of macedonia within a 5 min talk. He also put his heart into running the hostel. Because another guest and I were finding vinegar for salad in the kitchen, and he just asked us to wait for a few minutes, after that, he bought a large bottle of vinegar back from grocery outside. Perfect location. This is the first hostel I rated 100%! Strongly recommended!

Loved Shanti hostel!! The staff is so friendly, the lounge/kitchen is great for meeting other travellers and the rooms have all the extras like electrical outlets and curtains for each bed. Good location and very chilled out place!

Great atmosphere and a good place to meet fellow travelers. There was a nice mix of young and old and everyone felt welcome. There's a nice outdoor sitting area if it's sunny or an indoor common room if it's chilly, kitchen, everything you need. Bathrooms are downstairs if you're sleeping in a dorm but wasn't really an issue. My only complaint is that I booked online and when I paid my bill they didn't check to see my deposit so I was charged the normal price. Only about a euro but still...

The best hostel I have ever been to and very helpfull staff. Thank you :)

My friends and I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff was super kind, caring and friendly, the room was nice, all facilities in general were clean and worked well, and the garden was lovely. The location is perfect, only 5 min from the centre by foot. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, in a nice neighborhood! Awesome staff, great rooms! Got bumped to shanti 2 and just as great and only 2 minute walk away! Solid breakfast

Genuinely welcoming owners, very patient, obliging and helpful with information. Gave out a free city map that's better than the ones for sale.

• 13th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved Shanti Hostel! Great location, decor, and hospitality. I definitely will be back!

Good hostel and great location (5 minutes walk from the bus station, about 10/15 min walk from the city center). Unfortunately we only spent one night in Skopje before flying back home after our trip in the Balkans. The staff was very helpful in showing us how to make the most of our short time in Skopje.

The staff is just amasing, ready for any kind of help (for example in my personal case I needed some urgent medication, and they drove me straight to a pharmacy in the midle of the night :) Really good location. Avatar :)

Hospitality is the correct word for Shanti hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015