Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

We stayed 2 nights in a dorm here and loved it! The staff were great, the owner Peter, in particular. It was clean, friendly and accommodating when we had to leave early. Very close to the centre of town, a great place to stay, we would definitely go back.

Really great hostel! The staff were brilliant. I arrived very early in the morning, I was set up and given a place to crash until breakfast (which is excellent also). Beds were comfortable, and the vibe of the place was very nice. Highly recommend this hostel.

Everything was Great! Highly recommended! Another shower would be great though

A great find! Young lady staff member was more than helpful (re: loating bus ticket. directions, etc.) Met up with 4 others who I had met in Sofia. Really a nice place to stay.

Nice hostel located about 3 mins from the bus/train station. Hostel is located right next to a mall for all your shopping needs. Staff were friendly, nice kitchen, although local food is cheap so didn't really need it. Good Wifi. Spacious rooms with beds with curtains and power points. Awesome wood fireplace to warm you up on a cold winter nigh. Lots of good things to say about this place not enough time. stay here!

I liked the hostel a lot. Skopje is an interesting city which is currently changing its look. You should definitely check out this place. Though, make sure you know how to get to the railway station, if you want to take a train from there. (You have to find a somewhat hidden door next to the hall of the bus station.)

We spent there three nights and was great. The staff was so helpful and nice with us all the moment. We were so lucky because during our stay was the third aniversary and they organizate a small party with a wonderful cake. We totally recommend this hostel

A nice and cozy hostel, near from the city center. It is incredibly clean and each bed has a curtain which gives the guest more privacy. Disadvantage: the woodburning stove makes the place warmer, but it stinks all your clothes with the smoke. You will need to wash everything once you leave the place.

I can't fault this hostel at all! Its perfectly situated within a short walk from the bus & train station as well as the city centre.The atmosphere is great & the hostel itself is warm & cosey.The facilities are good & the rooms & living area are clean & tidy.The staff are unbelievably kind & welcoming.When I return to Skopje on my next trip I shall definitely stay here again.

Nice cosy hostel in a quiet location close to both the bus/train station and the city centre. Has only 2 bathrooms though with toilets inside.

Clean, comfortable, close the city plus bus stop for millenium cross and matka out very close. Perfect place to explore! Wifi also good!

Great staff! super nice hostel. Stayed for only one night, but it was really great!

This was by far the most relaxing I have stayed in up to now. When you come in everything reminds you of India. The living room is super relaxing, with good music and cozy couches. Breakfast was free and includes some basic staff, but was very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. Great place to meet people because everyone is just sitting together! Located near the train station in a ghettoish area made the experience perfect!

I'll come back! Really nice place, especially the staff

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Spain

lovely hostel, needs another bathroom or two, but I knew that before booking. Staff where friendly and the backyard lovely.

If you go to Skopje, do not stay anyways else! This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at in the world. This is my second time going to Skopje and my second time staying at Shanti and it is perfect. The staff are all so nice, the rooms have privacy curtains, and it's so clean. The only downside is the bathrooms are all downstairs and there are only two, but I never had to wait for more than a few minutes. If you need more bathrooms, book at Shanti 2. But Shanti 1 is the best

really good staff atmosphere music and location very good hostel - : be patient for toilets only 2 with shower (one outside)

Cute and small hostel managed by young and cool people, location quite, near everything

• 25th Dec 2013

My stay here was clean, laid back and enjoyable. Friendly, great breakfast, and good water pressure in a shower are things I always love. :) Sooo close to the station. Perfect for a break from long hours traveling.

Great and charming hostel with helpful staff.

• 19th Dec 2013