Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

Let me start at the beginning, naturally. On the train down from Belgrade to Skopje most of my valuables, things that are very useful for travel, we're stolen. My laptop, camera, cell phone, and debit card were taken out of my bag as I slept. I was thankful that the thief left me my passport and enough cash to survive. At the hostel everyone who works there took great care of me and I love them for it. Ivana especially. Give her a raise. Two raises, actually.

Since the moment I've entered at hostel reception and have met Petar, I had a feeling that this won't be regular hostel just to sleep in and have breakfast. Shanti is a special, kind of hippie place, place where staff is more like your friend, where you can meet so many interesting people while not having any worries about security. If my wanderings get me back to Skopje, sure I won't miss to find my bed at the same place.

It was a nice stay. The downtown is 15 mins on foot. Alex and Miche are really nice hosts. It is worth to stay in this cozy hostel if you visit Skopje.

Very good hostel with great atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff - highly recommended!

Very nice personnel, very cool people, clean rooms. We would go there again.

Nice ambiance, clean comfortable beds, 2 good size,clean bathrooms but most importantly lovely staff, very friendly and helpful..

Very nice private room and really great staff.

Nice, homely hostel very close to the bus station. The hostel is about 10 mins walk to all the action in the city centre. Enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back

fab hostel only three mins away from bus stop and super quick walk to town. Perfect location. Shopping across the road so easy to cook and/or grab beers. Super relaxed atmosphere, amazingly helpful staff who can help you plan what to do while in Skopje. comfy beds and good security, hostel feels more like a house. Bathrooms are kept very clean at all times which is great. Would stay again in a flash and I was sad to leave.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent hostel, staff so generous and helpful! Would definitely recommend, if you go to Skopje stay here!!! Thank you Shanti.

Staffs are very friendly and the place is quite clean!

I stayed only fon one night. The place is close to the train/bus station, so it's easy to find. You can reach the city centre and the bazar with a little walk.

Very good hostel with a great atmosphere and low price. It was comfy. I LOVE when they have bed curtains.

this hostel very close from the bus-station. just 5mins. and staff is very kind and good. I recommend this hostel. it is value for money

This is one of my favorite hostels when I travel in Skopje! It is always very relaxed and has a lot to offer. The staff is friendly and the rooms are comfortable. (and the guys that work there are adorable!)

Very nice and friendly place to stay. Very good location! Very helpful stuff!

We absolutly enjoyed our stay.

• 9th May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights, out of which 2 I spent relaxing and 3 sightseeing and going out. The staff is amazing, the location couldn't be better, it's easy to meet people and the decor was more Indian than my flat in Mumbai! I miss my time spent here.

Shanti was great, perfect. I stayed for three nights in the private room and found the place incredibly peaceful and relaxing. Short walk from the bus station (one of the stops on the Vardar Express airport shuttle), near the main post office, and a short walk into town. The staff were very responsive to any requests. Such a lovely stay.

This nice, little hostel is definitiely to recommend. Located near the train/bus station, free Wi-Fi, breakfast, interesting people to chat with, hot water and reception 24/7, and super cozy shared spaces. The staff is absolutely S U P E R.