Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

This is one of my favorite hostels when I travel in Skopje! It is always very relaxed and has a lot to offer. The staff is friendly and the rooms are comfortable. (and the guys that work there are adorable!)

Very nice and friendly place to stay. Very good location! Very helpful stuff!

We absolutly enjoyed our stay.

• 9th May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights, out of which 2 I spent relaxing and 3 sightseeing and going out. The staff is amazing, the location couldn't be better, it's easy to meet people and the decor was more Indian than my flat in Mumbai! I miss my time spent here.

Shanti was great, perfect. I stayed for three nights in the private room and found the place incredibly peaceful and relaxing. Short walk from the bus station (one of the stops on the Vardar Express airport shuttle), near the main post office, and a short walk into town. The staff were very responsive to any requests. Such a lovely stay.

This nice, little hostel is definitiely to recommend. Located near the train/bus station, free Wi-Fi, breakfast, interesting people to chat with, hot water and reception 24/7, and super cozy shared spaces. The staff is absolutely S U P E R.

Not the most attractive location, but situated between the train/bus stations and city center - make sure you know which of the two locations (only 1 block apart) you are staying in. The hostel is quite small, so the communal area is a bit cramped, but notwithstanding it is quaint and clean. Misha was a hospitable host and made the visit more interesting. Do avail yourself of the proximity to the Turkish Quarter and excellent patio pubs! I did not stay long but would certainly consider it again.

This is an outstanding hostel - I had a great time here. It is close to train station and the centre of town, in a quiet street where everyone seems to know the hostel owners and staff. The hostel itself is simple, but very clean and provides everything you could want (towels, wifi, and they even had a hair dryer!). The staff are remarkably pleasant and helpful l, and in particular Mischa, who helped me out when I has to get a very early flight. I would definitely come back to this place again!

The fiancee couple was very nice. The hostel is a little tricky to get to the first time, but very easy to get to after you've done it once.

budget hostel.

I enjoyed my stay here. Beds were comfortable, each had a lamp and there were even curtains for privacy. Plenty of electrical sockets in the dorms to charge batteries and lockers available. Good wifi and spare pc in the common room for internet access(for those without wifi). Breakfast was good too. The only bad thing I would say, is they need more bathrooms in the hostel - the owner (who is a very friendly and enthusiastic guy) said they plan to build another one very soon.

Good location, close to the bus station. Kind staff.

Very beautiful place, intimate atmosphere like a big family. Excellent facilities and location. Very clean and tidy. Very good price: the best way to spend some days in Skopje!

• 21st Apr 2014

Great hostel, staff and location. Thanks!

cozy, clean, and comfortable. they need to figure out a way to differentiate the two different hostel locations. we were sent back and forth twice and it was a bit irritating. otherwise a great place to stay in skopje!

Really nice staff - helpful, friendly, informative, entertaining! I enjoyed my stay at Shanti. The common area is ideal for meeting fellow travellers in a cosy non touristy way. Rooms are clean; bathrooms are well maintained, althoguh you may have to wait to use them on occassion. There is free TV, wi-fi, tea, coffee and breakfast.

Ideal location 3 min away from the bus and train station - for any late or early departures and arrivals, the city center is only 10 min walk away . Large supermarket nearby for any shopping and grocery needs, nice common area to chill out and friendly staff - enjoyed my stay and recommend to others.

Close to the bus station - but a 10 min walk to the rest of the town. The staff are very friendly and made it a good stay

The guy who runs this place is born to manage a hostel. Everything in this place is perfect.

What a lovely hostel close to everything. Staff were great, especially Peter. Very accommodating (early leaving) , would definitely stay again! Thank you Shanti!