Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

This is an amazing little hostel with a gtrat atmosphere! It has a great common area outside where you can sit and chat with otuer guests. We arrived a day early for our booking so we spent one night in a 4 bed dorm amd 2 nights in a private double room and both were great. The dorm was much nicer than others we've stayed in as it had curtains round the beds for privacy. I would love to come back again!

Very nice hostel. The beds have curtains on the, which is great and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. The wifi wasn't the best but the hostel guys would reset the router if I asked which made it work again. It provides a free breakfast and also you can use the kitchen to make your own food and save money. The staff here were very friendly and it has a hang out vibe so I was able to make some nice friends here. I enjoyed the airport pickup service as well. A+ guys!

Very close to the city center, safe neighborhood, nice and friendly staff. Wifi was good and breakfast was tasty. Worth the price and I would stay here again.

Second time time I passed some days at this hostel: I love both the city and the hostel, very nice familiar atmosphere in perfect location. Walking distance to bus station and big super market. Good for meeting other travellers. One nice detail: the dorm beds have curtains to draw, very nice feature I never found anywhere else. I really love it - and hey, that means a lot, I am german and we normally like to complain :-)

A little walk from the old town / centre, but very well located for the bus / train station. Lovely big rooms with individual curtains for extra privacy when you're in bed! Good atmosphere and great staff who love a chat and a beer.

Let me start at the beginning, naturally. On the train down from Belgrade to Skopje most of my valuables, things that are very useful for travel, we're stolen. My laptop, camera, cell phone, and debit card were taken out of my bag as I slept. I was thankful that the thief left me my passport and enough cash to survive. At the hostel everyone who works there took great care of me and I love them for it. Ivana especially. Give her a raise. Two raises, actually.

Since the moment I've entered at hostel reception and have met Petar, I had a feeling that this won't be regular hostel just to sleep in and have breakfast. Shanti is a special, kind of hippie place, place where staff is more like your friend, where you can meet so many interesting people while not having any worries about security. If my wanderings get me back to Skopje, sure I won't miss to find my bed at the same place.

1 2 3 Next » last »