Shanti-Hostel Reviews

Rade Jovcevski Korcagin 11, Skopje, Macedonia

Like fine Macedonian wine.

The owner and staffs are really nice and helpful. The owner is very talkative and hospitality, he can tell you the history of macedonia within a 5 min talk. He also put his heart into running the hostel. Because another guest and I were finding vinegar for salad in the kitchen, and he just asked us to wait for a few minutes, after that, he bought a large bottle of vinegar back from grocery outside. Perfect location. This is the first hostel I rated 100%! Strongly recommended!

Loved Shanti hostel!! The staff is so friendly, the lounge/kitchen is great for meeting other travellers and the rooms have all the extras like electrical outlets and curtains for each bed. Good location and very chilled out place!

I loved this place! The people working are very friendly (and give a lot of good tricks) and the hostel is just perfect, clean, good beds, you can cook in the kitchen. Well, I would go back there if I come back!

Great atmosphere and a good place to meet fellow travelers. There was a nice mix of young and old and everyone felt welcome. There's a nice outdoor sitting area if it's sunny or an indoor common room if it's chilly, kitchen, everything you need. Bathrooms are downstairs if you're sleeping in a dorm but wasn't really an issue. My only complaint is that I booked online and when I paid my bill they didn't check to see my deposit so I was charged the normal price. Only about a euro but still...

The best hostel I have ever been to and very helpfull staff. Thank you :)

My friends and I absolutely loved this hostel! The staff was super kind, caring and friendly, the room was nice, all facilities in general were clean and worked well, and the garden was lovely. The location is perfect, only 5 min from the centre by foot. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, in a nice neighborhood! Awesome staff, great rooms! Got bumped to shanti 2 and just as great and only 2 minute walk away! Solid breakfast

Genuinely welcoming owners, very patient, obliging and helpful with information. Gave out a free city map that's better than the ones for sale.

• 13th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved Shanti Hostel! Great location, decor, and hospitality. I definitely will be back!

Good hostel and great location (5 minutes walk from the bus station, about 10/15 min walk from the city center). Unfortunately we only spent one night in Skopje before flying back home after our trip in the Balkans. The staff was very helpful in showing us how to make the most of our short time in Skopje.

The staff is just amasing, ready for any kind of help (for example in my personal case I needed some urgent medication, and they drove me straight to a pharmacy in the midle of the night :) Really good location. Avatar :)

Hospitality is the correct word for Shanti hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015