Shanti Villa Reviews

2466, Behind Imperial Cinema, Channa Mandi, Nalwa, Paharganj, New Delhi, India

The Kashmiri fellow who picked me up was very personable and entertaining. Almost an hr to get to the hotel because of the traffic. I read on the hostel world website I could use my credit card so I didn't go to the ATM at the airport. The hotel DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Requested to pay 750INR for a rickety taxi. Hotel staff pleasant and efficient. Average room and breakfast in room since it was raining and outdoor restaurant. If you have never been to India before area may not suit you.

• 15th Apr 2014

Very nice place. We have been there just one night and was very nice. We had problems with the hot water but they fixed it soon. Very good location and price.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Rooms were ok, hotel was ok. We didn't get breakfast, a hairdryer, mini bar or tea & coffee facilities, & could not pay by credit card - all these are advertised as available. They also tried to charge us for the free airport pick up & only let us off when I said 'but it says it's free ' We booked a twin & a triple room but got a double & a family, and were woken by knocks on the door at 2am. it was fine for 1 night & the staff were friendly, but I wouldn't return unfortunately.

I enjoyed my stay at Shanti Villa. My room was very clean, comfortable, and just what I needed after a long flight from NYC. The staff are very friendly and the owner is accessible in case there are any concerns. Shanti Villa is in the middle of a bustling market where you can buy food and clothes without having to walk too far. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and my bed was very comfortable. I would recommend Shanti Villa for anyone who plans to travel to and stay in Delhi!

• 12th Oct 2013