Shantihome Hostel Izmir Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

It was really nice experience. Staffs were really interesting and kind. Also, breakfast was awsome.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Turkey

This is the WORST hostel or place to accomodate I have ever seen. Everything was dirty. Toulets, carpets, bads everything was terrible disgusting. Also the smell of all over the hostel was horrible. (because of the cook that they make I couldnt understand) I reserved 2 day stay, but I could bare only one night in this hostel, even I paid for reservation fee. Photo of the hostel are manipulated, they are not real. Only one good thing about the hostel was its location. NOT ANY MORE...

In the heart of Alsancak, it's a very pretty place with its colorful and warm design. Clean and comfy rooms, friendly and helpful owner, reasonable prices. Izmir really needed a place like this, especially for travellers. Highly recommended!

Shantihome, the best bit about it was leaving it.

Such a fun stay! A great atmosphere, fellow travellers and all the staff are so friendly and helpful! A great hub for day trips outside of Izmir and nice and close to the Izban and ferry station for easy travelling!

Super sweet deal, great location, great staff, great 'at home' feeling. Recommended!

This isn't a hostel for everyone, it's quite alternative with a strong hippie culture. A bit too relaxed for us especially after they lost our reservation for the first night. Nonetheless staff were helpful, the breakfast was great and it had a very communal feel.

The best hostel breakfast I have ever had!

Very relaxed place.

The best breakfast I had in Turkey. Loved the vibes and the family-like quality of the hostel. Bunk beds were clean and comfortable, but there was only one working fan in the room and it was hard to share.

Staff was helpful, food was great

Unfortunately I didn't have a fantastic experience as everyone else did. Firstly it was the intimidation and sarcasm from some staff members that was really off putting. I thought they put me in the wrong room as it had more beds - and when I queried it with the staff I received a rude response of 'oh, well did you want me to pull a bed out? Good natured staff but no help, didn't want to know me, no smiles, no hello how are you? So overall disapointing experience and would stay elsewhere.

Great stay; would return.

Excellent hostel, run with real love and care by seasoned travellers. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hostel, as were the beautifully designed dorms.

The staff is really helpful and kind. No lockers (also on the room's door) but this is the philosophy of the house and I felt completly safe. You should be ready for the special atmoshepere of the hostel, but the description sums it up quite good. Seems to be a good place to meet people.

I'm really thankfull to the staff of hostel. They're very helpful and kind to the guests.

The best place to stay in Izmir ! Good location, good people and very good breakfast ! Very nice when your travelling alone !

If you are a hippie this is your place. Front desk guy is always arguing with someone. I didn't feel any shanti flow there It is VERY hot No air cond Even with fan is HOT. Double bed and common room TINY. Internet SUCKS. Bathrooms SCARY. Kitchen DIRTY. We bought Salmon. When we were almost starting to cook a guy said that isn't allowed to cook meat. There wasn't NO WARNING about cooking meat No sign in kitchen, online or check-in. Croatian staff guy try to blackmail us. WORST PLACE EVER!!