Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

Excellent hostel, run with real love and care by seasoned travellers. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at a hostel, as were the beautifully designed dorms.

I'm really thankfull to the staff of hostel. They're very helpful and kind to the guests.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Serbia

The best place to stay in Izmir ! Good location, good people and very good breakfast ! Very nice when your travelling alone !

If you are a hippie this is your place. Front desk guy is always arguing with someone. I didn't feel any shanti flow there It is VERY hot No air cond Even with fan is HOT. Double bed and common room TINY. Internet SUCKS. Bathrooms SCARY. Kitchen DIRTY. We bought Salmon. When we were almost starting to cook a guy said that isn't allowed to cook meat. There wasn't NO WARNING about cooking meat No sign in kitchen, online or check-in. Croatian staff guy try to blackmail us. WORST PLACE EVER!!

Very different setup to your average hostel. Way more family feel. We stayed with the cook Nesa in her house around the corner as they were overbooked. She was amazing and really accommodating. The breakfast was absolutely awesome.

Excellent hang-out place in city center of Izmir, right next to Alsancak train station and not far away from Kordon. Easy-going place, with easy-going staff who understand the difference between hostel and hotel. Can only recommend.

This Hostel is really nice, it is a perfect place to make friends and find fellow travelers. The breakfast is extraordinary good!!

The Best and beautiful hostel ever

• 29th Jul 2015

I have not felt so at home at a hostel for a long time. The people taking care of the place are lovely and welcoming. At Shanti hostel you can find an amazing breakfast, positive vibes and good people staying. It felt like an oasis of peace in the midst of summer heat of a big city with the beach easily reachable with public transport.

• 18th Jul 2015

The most amazing staff, made us feel so welcome. We did not want to leave!

They have everything you need and if they don't have it....they'll manage to get it!! Great staff, great place, great atmosphere....and supergreat breakfast! :)

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Staff very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great, but disappeared pretty fast and wasn't replenished for later risers. Staff would occasionally make food for lunch/dinner! Stayed in a shared room the first night, was hot and no lockers for stuff. Second night in the cubby-beds; cooler, had more privacy and could store things (but still no lockers), but lots of Mosquitos. Hostel was close to the waterfront, and about 20 mins walk from the bazaar. Environment good for meeting people.

Great atmosphere, the bends are insanely comfortable, and the donation based breakfast is awesome.

A place like home.in a faraway city.

I spent two nights at this hostel. It was really lovely! The place is very cosy, you meet nice people, you can use their kitchen etc. and breakfast is truly amazing! I could have easily stayed just for that! :) Staff is very helpful and sweet too: Mert is a nice guy, Mustafa was really helplful after I got super wet in a rain and even dropped me of to the train station. I would return any time. :) Tesekkür ederim and hope to see you all again :)

Staff are wonderful. A great warming environment. We all ate breakfast together and got help on what to see and do.

Upon arriving at Shanti home we were greeted by the majority of the hostel and were welcomed to join them for a home cooked lunch! All the breakfasts and lunches that the hostel offered very tasty and affordable (just had to make a donation). Staff were super friendly and helpful-many thanks to Matt for helping us organise our Pamukkale tour last minute! This hostel has such a chilled and positive atmosphere-the lounge area was a great place to hang out and meet others. Wifi was really good too!

Very cool hostel with a very laid back atmosphere. I wish there were individual lockers in the rooms, but that's really the only negative thing I had to say. The location was also really nice as it was close to the water and the train station, which was nice when we visited Ephesus. I'd absolutely recommend this place to any traveler who likes meeting people and having a good time!

The staff and facilities were very nice. Staff helped us work out how to take a bus to where we wanted to go, despite the fact that we speak absolutely no Turkish. The hostel was clean and well-maintained. That being said, they could really benefit from lockers. Their philosophy about cultivating trust is admirable, but when I'm traveling with my passport and things, it's really a load off my mind to be able to lock them up safely. I ended up carrying everything with me constantly.

Nice old school hostel with a community vibe. Desperatly need a better sign as I walked around the block twice and didn't appreciate looking for a hostel without a proper sign.