Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

It's exactly what they say it is: a place for travellers that feels like home! The atmosphere is great and they make sure you feel very welcome. The location couldn't be better, as it's just a couple of minutes walking by the sea and next to a very busy street full of restaurants and shops with a very active nightlife. Izmir gave me great memories and relaxing for some time at shantihome was one of them. I highly recommend this place.

I only had one night's stay, arriving in the evening, and leaving at 6am the next day so I didn't get a thorough "feel" for the hostel. In the amount of time I was there, I enjoyed it immensely. Upon arrival, the staff greeted me very warmly. The environment is very zen and some of the staff practice yoga which I though to be quite nice. I enjoyed my stay. Even though they don't have lockers, I felt my stuff was safe. Plenty of hot water and good use of communal area. They serve tea too!

Really great hostel. Nice common area with very nice atmosphere. The people there are so friendly, so relax, and they will help you anytime you need anything. Nice location. Nice kitchen and wonderful breakfast.

I fell in love with Shantihome. Originally, I was going to stayed for a few hours and be on my way. The staff were just so friendly and helpful that I changed my trip to stayed another day (missing my flight). The bathroom clean. The vibe off the hook. I wish I can go back for an another night. Good Work!

Great place to stay if you like to meet people :) They got a nice livingroom where people are having breakfast and dinner together. The double bed room I stayed in was OK, the walls /doors are pretty thin so you can hear everything but it was not noisy when we stayed there. The location is perfect, close to metro/train and the lively part of the city in the evenings. The directions to find the hostel are OK but it would help if they would write the name on the building or put up a hostel sign.

not easy to find and I got lost and I take off the train but luckily got help from two turkish. The staff are very nice and helpful that make me feel warm in Turkey

The most beautiful hostel I have stayed at during my fourth month travels. I felt as if I were at home. The staff were so helpful and really made you feel part of a community. If it wasn't for Shantihome our time in Turkey wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I am very very thankful that we stumbled across this place! The only comments I have are... Coat hangers in the wardrobe of Oneness, bath mats in the shower! Much love!

• 3rd Nov 2014

- 3 streets away from the busy part of town full if bars/restaurants/shops young people hang out in, but quiet - great atmosphere. There is a living room downstairs that has a lot of charging stations and good wifi, which brings everybody together. Met a lot of new friends there - dorm beds have a curtain sliding curtain around the bed so you get some privacy - feels like a home - great breakfast. We all sat around the coffee table, so it's easy to meet everyone - friendly staff!

The hostel itself is quite cramped and we had the smallest room there. The staff are amazing! So friendly and helpful. It feels more like a home than a hostel. The by donation breakfast is great, I loved how communal it was all around one table. A great place to meet people.

Shantihome was so lovely. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The arrangement of the hostel made it really easy and comfortable to get to know other travelers. I also really liked the activities and events offered like the yoga in the park and family dinner. This hostel is so warm and inviting and it was definitely very sad to leave such a wonderful place! Shantihome

Place is very chilled out, great to meet fellow travelers. The lady who works there is very kind and helpful. Can be hard to find from bus station

We had a lovely stay! Thank you! The hostel staff are very welcoming and display amazing hospitality. The hostel is clean and cared for. The wifi is a bit temperamental so please be patient. IF you are traveling as a couple tell them in advance they can put you in a private room for no extra charge. Be aware in the mixed dorms, there are no bag lockers for your things- this wasn't a problem for us but as people are coming and going regularly its a good idea to take care. Thank you again!

All I can say is: great place to stay and great atmosphere with great Emily, the girl who is so nice and kind of helping us, answering questions. Great personality, Emily. Place is clean and cozy, close to seaside and the great street full of resaurant.

the most beautiful hostel. thank you so much for everything.

Great vibe, very social hostel and the friendliest people. Stayed twice and would definitely return again.

Welcomed by the buzz of life and gracious community, Shanti Home was a profound experience :). With its bright colours splashed on the wall and chatter of whatnot always happening, I felt myself sinking further into life as we all cooked together and rapidly became a part of a home away from home.

• 10th Sep 2014

I'm very satisfied with this hostel. Nice, clean room as well as big bathroom. And the best advantage is a really helpfull staff!

For a brand new hostel, Shantihome has created a really amazing environment; a communal, home away from home. Staff and guests may cook dinner for whoever is around and breakfast bites are available in the morning. Located near the main pedestrian street you're only steps away from a main hub of activity. Staff is helpful for getting you out of town for day trips to the beach or ruins. My only complain would be that there are no lockers to secure your valuables. So glad you opened in Izmir!

I was very happy with my limited time here. The staff at Shantihome are extremely friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to create a warm, almost familial atmosphere. The small size of the property means that every night, almost all of the guest are able to congregate in the living room and socialize. The hostel is only a five minute walk from the main train station in the city. Facilities are more than adequate, and there is a bathroom and shower on each floor.

The staff is really helpful and friendly. They even provided me a free lunch when I was there, which is so nice. Also, the sheet and room are pretty clean. The wifi can be access in every corner. However, some of the guests were really noisy in the mid night which made me so annoying.