Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

Place is very chilled out, great to meet fellow travelers. The lady who works there is very kind and helpful. Can be hard to find from bus station

We had a lovely stay! Thank you! The hostel staff are very welcoming and display amazing hospitality. The hostel is clean and cared for. The wifi is a bit temperamental so please be patient. IF you are traveling as a couple tell them in advance they can put you in a private room for no extra charge. Be aware in the mixed dorms, there are no bag lockers for your things- this wasn't a problem for us but as people are coming and going regularly its a good idea to take care. Thank you again!

All I can say is: great place to stay and great atmosphere with great Emily, the girl who is so nice and kind of helping us, answering questions. Great personality, Emily. Place is clean and cozy, close to seaside and the great street full of resaurant.

the most beautiful hostel. thank you so much for everything.

Great vibe, very social hostel and the friendliest people. Stayed twice and would definitely return again.

Welcomed by the buzz of life and gracious community, Shanti Home was a profound experience :). With its bright colours splashed on the wall and chatter of whatnot always happening, I felt myself sinking further into life as we all cooked together and rapidly became a part of a home away from home.

• 10th Sep 2014

I'm very satisfied with this hostel. Nice, clean room as well as big bathroom. And the best advantage is a really helpfull staff!

For a brand new hostel, Shantihome has created a really amazing environment; a communal, home away from home. Staff and guests may cook dinner for whoever is around and breakfast bites are available in the morning. Located near the main pedestrian street you're only steps away from a main hub of activity. Staff is helpful for getting you out of town for day trips to the beach or ruins. My only complain would be that there are no lockers to secure your valuables. So glad you opened in Izmir!

I was very happy with my limited time here. The staff at Shantihome are extremely friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to create a warm, almost familial atmosphere. The small size of the property means that every night, almost all of the guest are able to congregate in the living room and socialize. The hostel is only a five minute walk from the main train station in the city. Facilities are more than adequate, and there is a bathroom and shower on each floor.

The staff is really helpful and friendly. They even provided me a free lunch when I was there, which is so nice. Also, the sheet and room are pretty clean. The wifi can be access in every corner. However, some of the guests were really noisy in the mid night which made me so annoying.

one of the mostly homely and welcoming hostels i've ever been too. Everyone was so friendly and it had such a different atmosphere. Such a great time - thank you so much Shantihome for being the best hostel ever!

• 4th Sep 2014

Very cozy atmosphere! You really feel at home. Staff helps with everything and is always nice. Great hostel. The only thing I missed were lockers.

• 4th Sep 2014

This hostel was great, like an oasis in the city. Staff was friendly and helpful.

One of the best hotel I tried. Nice atmosphere. They've created a comfy place, you feel like at home. Everyone is friendly, you can cook your meal, share it,... The rooms and the house are well decorated. Really enjoyed my time here.

good location, friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a pleasant atmosphere in the hostel. Danke Veli

• 29th Aug 2014

The staffs are very nice and helpful, and in the hostel, u can meet a lots of friends.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Macau

very nice hosts, friendly helpful relaxed atmosphere Pretty rooms definitely worth for the money to stay there!!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Shentihome is the best hostel that I have ever seen, I met friends there, very clean room and everything. The owner provide free dinner always, and there is a really nice lobby that every guests can talk with each other.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • China

Such a nice place!! The atmosphere is just great! We felt very welcomed, the stuff is really easygoing and caring, people are super friendly and all the facilities feel like being at home.

Interesting place to stay at. Really helpful and caring guys; they would do anything to make you feel like at home. You can cook in the kitchen without problem and there is a big supermarket close to the place. Hot in the bedrooms since there is no A/C and I also missed some kind of lockers. I would not leave my camera on the floor. Anyway, it is worth the while the experience. Really sweet people there.