Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

the most beautiful hostel. thank you so much for everything.

Welcomed by the buzz of life and gracious community, Shanti Home was a profound experience :). With its bright colours splashed on the wall and chatter of whatnot always happening, I felt myself sinking further into life as we all cooked together and rapidly became a part of a home away from home.

• 10th Sep 2014

I'm very satisfied with this hostel. Nice, clean room as well as big bathroom. And the best advantage is a really helpfull staff!

For a brand new hostel, Shantihome has created a really amazing environment; a communal, home away from home. Staff and guests may cook dinner for whoever is around and breakfast bites are available in the morning. Located near the main pedestrian street you're only steps away from a main hub of activity. Staff is helpful for getting you out of town for day trips to the beach or ruins. My only complain would be that there are no lockers to secure your valuables. So glad you opened in Izmir!

I was very happy with my limited time here. The staff at Shantihome are extremely friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to create a warm, almost familial atmosphere. The small size of the property means that every night, almost all of the guest are able to congregate in the living room and socialize. The hostel is only a five minute walk from the main train station in the city. Facilities are more than adequate, and there is a bathroom and shower on each floor.

The staff is really helpful and friendly. They even provided me a free lunch when I was there, which is so nice. Also, the sheet and room are pretty clean. The wifi can be access in every corner. However, some of the guests were really noisy in the mid night which made me so annoying.

one of the mostly homely and welcoming hostels i've ever been too. Everyone was so friendly and it had such a different atmosphere. Such a great time - thank you so much Shantihome for being the best hostel ever!

• 4th Sep 2014

Very cozy atmosphere! You really feel at home. Staff helps with everything and is always nice. Great hostel. The only thing I missed were lockers.

• 4th Sep 2014

This hostel was great, like an oasis in the city. Staff was friendly and helpful.

One of the best hotel I tried. Nice atmosphere. They've created a comfy place, you feel like at home. Everyone is friendly, you can cook your meal, share it,... The rooms and the house are well decorated. Really enjoyed my time here.

good location, friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a pleasant atmosphere in the hostel. Danke Veli

• 29th Aug 2014

The staffs are very nice and helpful, and in the hostel, u can meet a lots of friends.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Macau

very nice hosts, friendly helpful relaxed atmosphere Pretty rooms definitely worth for the money to stay there!!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Shentihome is the best hostel that I have ever seen, I met friends there, very clean room and everything. The owner provide free dinner always, and there is a really nice lobby that every guests can talk with each other.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • China

Such a nice place!! The atmosphere is just great! We felt very welcomed, the stuff is really easygoing and caring, people are super friendly and all the facilities feel like being at home.

Interesting place to stay at. Really helpful and caring guys; they would do anything to make you feel like at home. You can cook in the kitchen without problem and there is a big supermarket close to the place. Hot in the bedrooms since there is no A/C and I also missed some kind of lockers. I would not leave my camera on the floor. Anyway, it is worth the while the experience. Really sweet people there.

Shantihome had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The brightly coloured rooms and lovely staff only improved the experience!

• 7th Aug 2014

hippie life

Shantihome has such a warm, quiet and positive energy that we've felt really comfortable there. Other than the flying colors, the positive attitude of the staff also makes you feel comfortable. The rooms were clean and lovely. We had decent internet connection during the stay. The location is just perfect for anyone. You can reach everywhere so easily, by walk, by bus or by trains. After all, shanti home is where I will stay in my next visit.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

We enjoyed the stay, the location is good and it has a real hostel-feeling. It is a good place to meet other travellers. The place could need a little more maintenance though, our bed was for instance not in the best condition, but that did not interrupt a good nights sleep. When we were there, the hostel had only been open to visitors for a few weeks. One of the employees told us that it was in fact the first hostel in Izmir! Best of luck with Shantihome!