Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

The Best and beautiful hostel ever

• 29th Jul 2015

I have not felt so at home at a hostel for a long time. The people taking care of the place are lovely and welcoming. At Shanti hostel you can find an amazing breakfast, positive vibes and good people staying. It felt like an oasis of peace in the midst of summer heat of a big city with the beach easily reachable with public transport.

• 18th Jul 2015

The most amazing staff, made us feel so welcome. We did not want to leave!

They have everything you need and if they don't have it....they'll manage to get it!! Great staff, great place, great atmosphere....and supergreat breakfast! :)

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Staff very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great, but disappeared pretty fast and wasn't replenished for later risers. Staff would occasionally make food for lunch/dinner! Stayed in a shared room the first night, was hot and no lockers for stuff. Second night in the cubby-beds; cooler, had more privacy and could store things (but still no lockers), but lots of Mosquitos. Hostel was close to the waterfront, and about 20 mins walk from the bazaar. Environment good for meeting people.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great atmosphere, the bends are insanely comfortable, and the donation based breakfast is awesome.

A place like home.in a faraway city.

I spent two nights at this hostel. It was really lovely! The place is very cosy, you meet nice people, you can use their kitchen etc. and breakfast is truly amazing! I could have easily stayed just for that! :) Staff is very helpful and sweet too: Mert is a nice guy, Mustafa was really helplful after I got super wet in a rain and even dropped me of to the train station. I would return any time. :) Tesekkür ederim and hope to see you all again :)

Staff are wonderful. A great warming environment. We all ate breakfast together and got help on what to see and do.

Upon arriving at Shanti home we were greeted by the majority of the hostel and were welcomed to join them for a home cooked lunch! All the breakfasts and lunches that the hostel offered very tasty and affordable (just had to make a donation). Staff were super friendly and helpful-many thanks to Matt for helping us organise our Pamukkale tour last minute! This hostel has such a chilled and positive atmosphere-the lounge area was a great place to hang out and meet others. Wifi was really good too!

Very cool hostel with a very laid back atmosphere. I wish there were individual lockers in the rooms, but that's really the only negative thing I had to say. The location was also really nice as it was close to the water and the train station, which was nice when we visited Ephesus. I'd absolutely recommend this place to any traveler who likes meeting people and having a good time!

The staff and facilities were very nice. Staff helped us work out how to take a bus to where we wanted to go, despite the fact that we speak absolutely no Turkish. The hostel was clean and well-maintained. That being said, they could really benefit from lockers. Their philosophy about cultivating trust is admirable, but when I'm traveling with my passport and things, it's really a load off my mind to be able to lock them up safely. I ended up carrying everything with me constantly.

Nice old school hostel with a community vibe. Desperatly need a better sign as I walked around the block twice and didn't appreciate looking for a hostel without a proper sign.

We had a nice stay with the folks at Shantihome. It has really nice vibes, and is a value stay for the area. Had some problems with mosquitoes for a couple of nights, so bring some repellent along!

Loved it shame i couldn't stay longer. Lovely atmosphere. Lovelier people

I loved the curtained off beds and the friendly environment!

Ladies, this is a hostel for you as it is very safe and clean and private when necessary.

A really nice and peaceful place with helpful staff. Amazing breakfast in the morning! Highly recommendable!

Very cheap and a very nice feel to it

Very relaxed athmosphere, staff is very helpful, nice clean rooms, wifi works well