Shantihome Reviews

alsancak mah. 1464 sok. no:15, izmir, Izmir, Turkey

This is in the top 5 best hostel I ever stayed at. ** note that there is no locker for your stuff, the staff trust the traveller ** the wifi works perfectly everywhere, the kitchen is small but efficient. But the best thing is the staff, they really make this hostel feel like home, or like a big hippie community! I felt comfortable the minute I stepped in. The breakfast cooked every morning is delicious. I would go back there again for sure!

This was a great place to stay. I met so many people from different countries and we all had a good time. The staff was very helpful when needed.

Very layed back atmosphere. Actually not that safe (e.g. no lockers, room doors always open), but I never feared for my valuables. The hostel (rather a homestay) just doesn't attract that kind of a crowd. Especially liked the breakfast. Asthmatics and allergics, beware: in winter at least, the dorms are very dusty.

Great staff, very friendly and good atmosphere, I recommend this hostel!!!

Thank you very much for your stay. It was a pleasure to host you here :)

This is a hostel with a big heart but obviously stretched beyond its means. The staff is very friendly and welcoming but miscommunication and overbookings are not uncommon, not to mention the building itself which is cold and suffers from frequent electrical problems. Its a shame that this is really your only option in Izmir for the time being but I have no doubt that it will be an excellent choice once they get their problems sorted.

Thanks for the comment, we are trying to solve this electric problems as it is a bit difficult a s the building is a bit old... Thank you very much for your stay. It was a pleasure to host you here :)

A family hotel with travelers around the world. Kind owner and her friends. Always passionate to give me suggestions. Very close to main pedestrian street. Recommended!

Thanks for the nice comment and thank you very much for your stay. It was a pleasure to host you here :)

Incredibly great and welcoming atmosphere and staff, good location and phenomenal breakfasts. Would recommend this as easily the best place to stay in Turkey.

Thank you very much for your stay. It was a pleasure to host you here :)

It's exactly what they say it is: a place for travellers that feels like home! The atmosphere is great and they make sure you feel very welcome. The location couldn't be better, as it's just a couple of minutes walking by the sea and next to a very busy street full of restaurants and shops with a very active nightlife. Izmir gave me great memories and relaxing for some time at shantihome was one of them. I highly recommend this place.

I only had one night's stay, arriving in the evening, and leaving at 6am the next day so I didn't get a thorough "feel" for the hostel. In the amount of time I was there, I enjoyed it immensely. Upon arrival, the staff greeted me very warmly. The environment is very zen and some of the staff practice yoga which I though to be quite nice. I enjoyed my stay. Even though they don't have lockers, I felt my stuff was safe. Plenty of hot water and good use of communal area. They serve tea too!

Really great hostel. Nice common area with very nice atmosphere. The people there are so friendly, so relax, and they will help you anytime you need anything. Nice location. Nice kitchen and wonderful breakfast.

I fell in love with Shantihome. Originally, I was going to stayed for a few hours and be on my way. The staff were just so friendly and helpful that I changed my trip to stayed another day (missing my flight). The bathroom clean. The vibe off the hook. I wish I can go back for an another night. Good Work!

Great place to stay if you like to meet people :) They got a nice livingroom where people are having breakfast and dinner together. The double bed room I stayed in was OK, the walls /doors are pretty thin so you can hear everything but it was not noisy when we stayed there. The location is perfect, close to metro/train and the lively part of the city in the evenings. The directions to find the hostel are OK but it would help if they would write the name on the building or put up a hostel sign.

not easy to find and I got lost and I take off the train but luckily got help from two turkish. The staff are very nice and helpful that make me feel warm in Turkey

This hostel had potential to be a positive experience, but the Australian receptionist was incredibly rude and passive-aggressive. I understand that it is possible only I have had this experience or that others have too but have not spoken up about it either verbally to the woman and staff or this review website. In all honesty, I would have enjoyed this hostel if it wasn't for her. She even knowingly overcharged me and laughed when I inquired the actual amount I was supposed to be charged.

Thank you for the comment... This staff of ours is not working with us anymore since new year 2015... Sorry that you have lived this kind of an behavior... Hope to host you again here :)

The most beautiful hostel I have stayed at during my fourth month travels. I felt as if I were at home. The staff were so helpful and really made you feel part of a community. If it wasn't for Shantihome our time in Turkey wouldn't have been nearly as nice. I am very very thankful that we stumbled across this place! The only comments I have are... Coat hangers in the wardrobe of Oneness, bath mats in the shower! Much love!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Thanks for the nice review and thank you for the stay. It was a pleasure to host you here :)

- 3 streets away from the busy part of town full if bars/restaurants/shops young people hang out in, but quiet - great atmosphere. There is a living room downstairs that has a lot of charging stations and good wifi, which brings everybody together. Met a lot of new friends there - dorm beds have a curtain sliding curtain around the bed so you get some privacy - feels like a home - great breakfast. We all sat around the coffee table, so it's easy to meet everyone - friendly staff!

The hostel itself is quite cramped and we had the smallest room there. The staff are amazing! So friendly and helpful. It feels more like a home than a hostel. The by donation breakfast is great, I loved how communal it was all around one table. A great place to meet people.

Shantihome was so lovely. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The arrangement of the hostel made it really easy and comfortable to get to know other travelers. I also really liked the activities and events offered like the yoga in the park and family dinner. This hostel is so warm and inviting and it was definitely very sad to leave such a wonderful place! Shantihome

Place is very chilled out, great to meet fellow travelers. The lady who works there is very kind and helpful. Can be hard to find from bus station

We had a lovely stay! Thank you! The hostel staff are very welcoming and display amazing hospitality. The hostel is clean and cared for. The wifi is a bit temperamental so please be patient. IF you are traveling as a couple tell them in advance they can put you in a private room for no extra charge. Be aware in the mixed dorms, there are no bag lockers for your things- this wasn't a problem for us but as people are coming and going regularly its a good idea to take care. Thank you again!