Sheep Island View Reviews

42a Main Street, Ballintoy, Ballycastle, Northern Ireland

Great views, great kitchen (and system for keeping it clean) and comfy beds.

stuff was friendly and helpful. hostel was clean, heating in the room worked well. kitchen very big and clean. surely a good place to stay when exploring the beautiful northcoast. (rope bridge is very close, but quite dear....). I definitely would stay again.

Thanks .....I we hope to have you again! Good luck and safe travels!

All in all a great stay was had at sheep island view :) will be back again next year for a longer stay

• 29th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel in the small village of Ballintoy. I choose it based on its location to walk to the rope bridge and to hike to Giants Causeway. Bus stops at hostel. I brought groceries with me as there is no store in town, but the kitchen facilities are outstanding. Clean beds, huge showers, hot water. Owners are very friendly and helpful with directions. You could have a key to the room if you wanted one, but there's no reason to feel unsafe here

I was only supposed to stay here for 1 night, but I ended up staying 3 - it is just so beautiful in Ballintoy and the surrounding areas! It's easy to get to the hostel on public transport as the bus stops right across the street from the hostel. It's important to remember to bring your own food here, as there is no grocery store in town, and only one or two places to eat. The kitchen is huge, with four stoves / ovens, and 3 sinks.

A real home from home. Friendly owners, well equipped hostel, superb setting.

Personally, this hostel is one of the most unsafe and unprofessionally run hostels I have ever stayed in. The fire alarm went off during the night and rang for 20 minutes. A guest had to contact the owners to turn it off. They were oblivious to the fact it was ringing and they didn't seem to have any fire drill protocol. The lack of security also results in guests running wild throughout the hostel during the night making sleep next to impossible. Avoid - the worst hostel I've stayed in.

The place was far too noisy with youths running around as late as 11pm shouting and carrying on while some were trying to sleep. Staff didn't seem to mind that the dorm doors were locked or not and let guests decide on whether or not they needed a key which was useless if others felt ok about walking out and leaving the door unlocked. Security was therefore an issue at this facility

• 4th Aug 2014