Sheep Island View Reviews

42a Main Street, Ballintoy, Ballycastle, Northern Ireland

A real home from home. Friendly owners, well equipped hostel, superb setting.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Personally, this hostel is one of the most unsafe and unprofessionally run hostels I have ever stayed in. The fire alarm went off during the night and rang for 20 minutes. A guest had to contact the owners to turn it off. They were oblivious to the fact it was ringing and they didn't seem to have any fire drill protocol. The lack of security also results in guests running wild throughout the hostel during the night making sleep next to impossible. Avoid - the worst hostel I've stayed in.

The place was far too noisy with youths running around as late as 11pm shouting and carrying on while some were trying to sleep. Staff didn't seem to mind that the dorm doors were locked or not and let guests decide on whether or not they needed a key which was useless if others felt ok about walking out and leaving the door unlocked. Security was therefore an issue at this facility

• 4th Aug 2014

awesome place....friendly staff....beautiful location and excellent accommodation. Stunning views and good value for money. didn't feel like a typical hostel.

Great place to stay. ..staff friendly and hostel clean. .couldn't ask for more

This hostel is clean, efficient, and in a beautiful and convenient location. My ONLY suggestion would be that they give an option for gender-specific dorm rooms. I ended up in a room with just one middle-aged man (I am a 25 year old female traveling alone,) and (though this itself is no fault of the hostel,) he made me uncomfortable enough that I avoided being in the room and slept fitfully. An option for female-only dorm rooms would have eliminated this discomfort. Otherwise a wonderful place.

we got a wonderful warm welcome when we arrived and complimentary tea and coffee

We had a great time! Super-comfortable bed, friendly staff, amazing location.

• 9th Jun 2014

My second stay at Sheep Island View and I'll be returning in a couple of days - can't speak highly enough of the friendly atmosphere and the welcoming nature of the staff.

• 12th May 2014

Great location but even though we had booked a private twin room we were in a private rom with bunk beds it had a poor on suite wet room with no hot water to sin or shower (@ 9.30am) w ith hardly any other guests?