Sheilas Cork Hostel

Very Good 4185 Total Reviews

• Northern Ireland, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
23rd Apr 2017

Great. I always stay here when I'm in Cork.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017

The staff at Sheila's was not only friendly but they went out of their way to help you out. For example I woke up late and there was only 5minutes left for breakfast but they rushed so that I could have a proper breakfast and when I was short on the smaller bills and went to give the man a bigger bill, he just waved it away. Now to be be fair the facilities were small and it is an older building so you can hear everything around you so if you are a light sleeper I recommend ear plugs.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
19th Apr 2017
8.0

It seemed like an older resident crowd rather than young travellers. Did meet someone and that made things okay but didn't mean anyone else. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. No charging port next to my bed which was annoying. Only showers located on the ground level which was annoying being located on the 3rd level

• France, Female, 31-40
17th Apr 2017
5.7

When I 1st checked in, some random guy came in right after me pretending to be a guest. He then went up and down the stairs and finally asked me if I could share my room with him because all the rooms were full. He did not have a card or anything like that to have access to the dorms but somehow snuck in while i tried to go to my room. I am a female, and he was a male and that alone was creepy. The bed cover was disgusting. It was stained with white stuff on it and it it was so dirty that it gav

15th Apr 2017

I've been going to Sheila's for 13 years now and it is still the best hostel option in Cork, in my opinion. It's in the city centre and close to everything you need.

• Austria, Couple, 25-30
15th Apr 2017
7.1

A hostel that has basically everything but lacks a bit with respect to community and attention to detail. It's mostly that little things like too few plugs for the smartphone generation as well as not exactly a great breakfast for 3€ extra that makes it only a so-so place.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

The hostel is very good, good location (near of bus station and city center), good structure (bedrooms, bathrooms). The only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast: very simple, only three toasted slices of bread with a small portion of Nutela... I was waiting for more!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
8.0

Location ideal. Friendly staff, remembered by name the next day! Common areas are ok, big kitchen. Room walls thin so bring earplugs! Showers were cold but whatever I needed a refreshing blast in the morning! Lockers are on the ground floor for your stuff which is awkward but fine. I didn't have the breakfast or the food on the property but nice to know it was there if needed, and it was cheap too! Will stay again!

13th Apr 2017
6.3

Not my favorite. Rooms were tiny. Bathroom was not clean, but I blame this on the fact that bathrooms are coed dormitory style, which I would avoid in the future. There seemed to be some sort of young men's athletic team staying there when I was there, so the overall vibe was not one I enjoy. The location is good though, close to everything, and I was able to park, although I would have had to buy a parking sticker had I stayed longer. Staff was pretty friendly.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
6th Apr 2017

Nice hostel, the bold guy at the reception rocks! Showers were not hot enough for my taste