Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

The rooms have no Windows or they have Windows, but you can't open them. To sleep in a room with 5 oder 7 other People without fresh air is really not okay. It was so hot and there was no Oxygen in the rooms. Additionally the bed Sheets smelled and looked used, we found hair on the pillows.

• 16th Oct 2014

Staff are so nice

Atmosphere not great for solo travelers. Location is ok, rooms are very tiny.

Liked the fact that the lights open and close automatically in the corridors. The room was nice and the common areas excellent places to meet people. But would have appreciate a hotter shower. Even though it's written cold above and you've been warned. Besides, great place to stay.

Great staff

We really enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again

• 3rd Oct 2014

Good enough hostel in great position. Staff are good. Customers however....

During my 10 days at Cork Sheila's hostel was my base for everything I did in and around Cork. Everyone is very caring. Any problem any question you might have they will help you. Beside the rooms I really enjoyed the benches in front of the hostel for meeting others, talking and sitting in the sun. Big kitchen with any facilities to cook, bake and whatever with a big table to sit around. I really enjoyed my time there. Thank you.

Great staff

Excellent little hostel, great value, clean and comfortable. Short 10 min walk into centre of town. Highly recommended!

Staff were brilliant and liked the additional facilities like laundry and that there were lots of communal areas, only gripe is need for more toasters and microwaves

Very nice staff, but the hostel was kind of shabby and impersonal. The facilities (cinema, sauna...) sounded great but you have to pay extra for everything: tea, sauna, computers... I other hostels you get tea/ coffee and computers for free. The bed was very comfortable!

• 20th Sep 2014

We took private for two.. I read before review that said the rooms look like jail cell.. when open the this pop up to my thought. Tiny room. The hostel located upon little hill.. a bit hard to climb when you are drunk :) But.. very clean.

One of my "worst" youth hostel experience in terms of comfort. I'm not very regarding, but a room without even a window with 6 beds in a room that is only made for 4, was a bit too much. It was very hard to sleep well because it was so stuffy. Fortunately, I met nice persons on the room. But they had the same feeling about it.

My room was a six bed dorm and it was so narrow that we hadnt any space to leave the backpack. The bathroom (ensuite room) was very tiny too and you cant regulate the temperature of the water. The hostel is close to the bus station but not in the city center. The corridors didnt smell very well. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room (it's 3euros/day). The kitchen is quite big so you have plenty of space for preparing your meals. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Very nice hostel...it also has a huge kitchen so many people can cook at the same time. It's just a few minutes away from the city center and also close to the train station

it was okay, nothing bad to say about that hostel and i have no doubt that you won't regret going their but it was nothing special neither. it's very big so i missed the cosy, familiar hostel-feeling and you couldn't get in contact with others easily but it was definitely okay.

Everything was fine, staff was very helpful.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Poland

My friend and I were staying in a 6 bed female dorm. The room was very tiny and it felt like a prison cell. It only had one tiny window. The worst thing was that the bathrooms were used by women and men together and were dirty almost all the time. I also asked for new soap when it was empty and it wasn't refilled at all. It did not feel very hygienic and we could not wait to leave the hostel. All in all we did not have a really good time.

Tiny, tiny 4 person room. Not enough room for bags and the beds. Also 2 outlets for 4 people. Cinema room is cool but smells damp and moldy and the bean bags all leak.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7