7.8
Very Good 3,926 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 3,926 Total Reviews
Sheilas Cork Hostel Located at 4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork.
Ireland
Cork 4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road
78% 3926
51.9026144 -8.4659504
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
5.1

I've made very good experiences with hostels in Ireland but this wasn't good! bedroom had no window, it was very warm and very noisy at night. The bathroom smelled a bit and the shower was cold and stopped after a few seconds so you had to constantly push the button. The door to the bathroom didn't close, so every time someone moved at night the motion detector turned on the light. Didn't have much sleep that night. There were security lockers for 1€ and it was not too far from the bus station.

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2016

It was fine for the price. Good location, but a tad bit hard because it's up the hill. Bring ear plugs though because there was a terribly loud noise throughout the night as well as walls were very thin.

• whitlock19837548
  • England, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
17th Sep 2016
7.4

Big hostel with reasonable location. The location offered little traffic noise which is good, but had regular noise pollution of noisy backpackers outside at night, probably not liked by the hostel neighbours. There were a lot of beds in a small room, and had to sleep with my luggage on my bed as no floor space available. This was the only hostel I stayed in while in Ireland that didn't offer free breakfast. It could be quite difficult, and a long walk to the communal bathrooms and toilet.

• cmorris117884202
  • USA, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2016
7.7

I wish that the bathrooms were cleaner. The showers smelled of mold and the rooms were also a bit smelly. There were also workers staying at the hostel who were looking for housing so the atmosphere was a bit odd. Overall though, I feel like the value for the price is good and the hostel is conveniently located close to the city center area.

14th Sep 2016
7.7

The staff was super nice and helpful the only thing really was just how small the rooms were. Not amazing for meeting new people but still a great experience in the hostel

• England, Male, 41+
13th Sep 2016

The staff at Sheila's Hostel went above and beyond to assist me. I am blind and got stuck in Cork city after flight delays meant I could not get back to West Cork. I have a German Shepherd guide dog. Both me and my dog were treated remarkably well by the staff and the other hostel goers. I have always been a little skeptical of using hostels because of the dog and the dorm rooms etc. However Sheila's was so welcoming that I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I know I'd be welcomed with open ar

12th Sep 2016

The staff here is fantastic. They have good WiFi and a cinema room with netflix. Nice common area and a good location close to good pubs and restaurants. Showers kinda sucked but not a big deal. Big kitchen as well.

9th Sep 2016
5.7

It's just, all of the other hostels I've been to made me feel glad to have gone there. This one, just didn't sit right with me. They had sneaky little fees, and charged me for a breakfast that should have been included. It was toast and jam. There's nothing specifically bad about Shelia's - although a lot of the kitchen facilities didn't work properly, and the bathrooms were set up strangely - and if I had to; I would go back, but I hope I don't have to.

• England, Female, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

A great place to stay when wanting to be near Cork centre. A decent hostel with friendly staff, good breakfast and clean bedding for a decent price. There are a few decoration things that could be improved but otherwise I had a very nice stay in the hostel, slept well and it was easy to find.

8th Sep 2016