Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

No lift for a three floors hostel. The twin room does not include two single beds. Breakfast was very poor. As soon as I saw my room I understood why the require the full payment in advance (a prison cell almost!) The smell coming from the kitchen was everywhere. Pillows very bad too and cleaning very poor. The cinema room was smelling as a cellar. No comment about the bathroom in my room. I would never come back there.

Stayed in a mixed dorm. Somehow I always end up in those with creepy old men! There were lots of families there and it didn't have a 'hostel for young people' atmosphere! However the staff was friendly, the location was quite good and the facilities were also nice. Parking is not for free btw!

Overall ok it was missing plugs close to the bed to charge my phone and i round thé toilet far from the room i was certainly unlucky. Staff was helpful.

• 9th Nov 2014

No warm showers. Nice staff, good location, good kitchen, clean kitchen, normal dorms,normal bathroom. Normal big and cheap hostel

• 8th Nov 2014

This is a wonderful hostel, however, I think there should be complimentary tea in the kitchen, no? just an idea. It is Ireland, after all. Staff were very cool and helpful.

Good hostel, I recommend it.

good location , nice staff. no any issue

Horrible hostel.TINY bedrooms. Dirty bathrooms. Cold showers.Way too expensive for what you get.

Alright place, staff weren't great but it was very busy that weekend. There's better places in Cork that cost less.

• 24th Oct 2014

I liked the place. Very nice location and an amazing staff.

The rooms have no Windows or they have Windows, but you can't open them. To sleep in a room with 5 oder 7 other People without fresh air is really not okay. It was so hot and there was no Oxygen in the rooms. Additionally the bed Sheets smelled and looked used, we found hair on the pillows.

• 16th Oct 2014

Good hostel nice and central. friendly staff and helpful.

Staff are so nice

Atmosphere not great for solo travelers. Location is ok, rooms are very tiny.

Liked the fact that the lights open and close automatically in the corridors. The room was nice and the common areas excellent places to meet people. But would have appreciate a hotter shower. Even though it's written cold above and you've been warned. Besides, great place to stay.

Great staff

We really enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again

• 3rd Oct 2014

Good enough hostel in great position. Staff are good. Customers however....

During my 10 days at Cork Sheila's hostel was my base for everything I did in and around Cork. Everyone is very caring. Any problem any question you might have they will help you. Beside the rooms I really enjoyed the benches in front of the hostel for meeting others, talking and sitting in the sun. Big kitchen with any facilities to cook, bake and whatever with a big table to sit around. I really enjoyed my time there. Thank you.

Great staff