Sheilas Cork Hostel

Very Good 4298 Total Reviews

• gigimoredo
  • Portugal, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Very good hostel! Nice value for money! Just stayed for one night but the staff was nice and it was very clean! I would go back there!

22nd Jun 2017

IT was great to have our laundry done and folded. There are 2 common rooms plus a deck that is very nice to sit on in the evening. An easy walk into the center of town. Paddy was very helpful in the morning.

• travelsofpan19648246
  • England, All Male Group, 41+
  • Globetrotter
16th Jun 2017

We only spent 1ngt here,do hard to judge as we had an early glight.would stay again

• aimzsecret3597
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
16th Jun 2017
4.9

Staff were nice and helpful. Pictures of this property are misleading. The bathroom in our room was filthy. Room was filthy with hair balls every where. Loud and cramped. Waste of money. Have stayed at much nicer places that have costed less. So filthy wouldn't even eat the breakfast there. Very dissatisfied and couldn't wait to get out of there. Very disappointed!!!!

15th Jun 2017
5.1

The rooms were so tight I couldn't fit my shoulders between the beds. It was full of old men who made many of the guests uncomfortable. The showers had mold in it and lots of little thing we're just gross or broken. The only redeeming factor to this hostel was the fact that the staff were extremely nice and caring. If you are solo traveling like myself I would steer clear unless you have no other option.

14th Jun 2017
8.0

Good, clean hostel. The 6 bed female dorm was a bit small but had a bathroom next door. Would have preferred a female only bathroom. The horrible push on taps were a nuisance in the bathroom and kitchen. I realise they are to save water but they were hard to push on then you got sprayed with water. The kitchen and dining room were good and spacious, wifi was good. Location was up a steep hill but keeps you fit. I didn't realise it was a Hi Hostel but had my card and got 10% discount.

13th Jun 2017

Sheila's is pretty central (but uphill) for getting there via public transportation and for visiting downtown. The staff were friendly and had helpful tips. As a downside, the hallway can get very loud late at night, kitchen is a bit outdated, and there is no in-room locker. Otherwise, the ensuite bathroom was great, 24h reception, and there is a security swipe at every door.

• France, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2017

Very good staff

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
4.6

I stayed at Sheila's for 3 nights. It's in a good location but at the top of a huge hill. The staff was friendly and helpful, though the atmosphere was pretty sketchy. Most of the bathrooms were pretty dirty and the rooms smelled weird. It also just so happened that we had some perv staying in our room so we felt rather uncomfortable one night. I was a bit deceived by the very positive reviews online.

7th Jun 2017
5.7

Not a good place to stay for a solo female traveler. I stayed in a coed room with my brother and would have moved had I not been with him. Old smelly men sleeping in their underwear with no regard for quiet hours, personal space or cleanliness. Not the hostel's fault particularly, but not a safe atmosphere.