Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

room a little bit dirty, few bottles left in the litter

• 23rd May 2015

Staff was always very helpful and friendly. The room had poor temperature control. Good stay overall.

• 19th May 2015

Perfect place

• 16th May 2015

Rriendly staff, with great advice on walking the city. Fantastic.

Nice and friendly hostel. The rooms are very small and there's no space to store your stuff, not even lights with the beds so everybody has to light the big one when they need. The common bathroom is small too (only two toilets and two showers) and the showers are not cleaned everyway that's sure. The living room, kitchen and front desk were very clean though, and the staff very helpful. Breakfast is not include but seems very good.

It was a nice stay, but the accommodations didn't exactly match the description: the sauna was just big enough for two to sit side by side, the temperature was a bit on the cold side, and there were no lockers in the rooms - they were downstairs for rent. Otherwise it was a nice hostel with a great terrace and a super location. The staff was really friendly and the kitchen was primo.

• 10th May 2015

Great reception service, very helpful in calling me for a taxi. The room was clean as were the bathrooms. The only thing I wish had been explained to me was why there were room checks during the day? Was there a security risk? It made me slightly uneasy, but other than that I had a great stay!

• 8th May 2015

Great location but it is up a hill so the walk up to the hostel from the bus station was a bit exhausting. Still, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the proximity to the city centre and bus is well worth the hike. Also, the walls are a bit thin so I would recommend earplugs or headphones if you are a light sleeper.

Really cool hostel. The staff at the front desk were really nice and friendly.

The hostel was nice and clean, but asking €3 for toast and tea/coffee for breakfast is a bit steep. Otherwise had a good time while I stay in the hostel.

The beds were fine but the showers were awful. Ice cold and one of those where you have to hit the faucet every 10 seconds. Also, no lockers in the rooms. You have to pay €1 per day to use a separate one. I was relieved we were only staying one night.

Great! The hostel is clean and very comfortable !

• 8th May 2015

It was the International music festival, so the room was difficult to book. I booked online for two nights and the third one from the reception. The first two nights were good, with only two and four people in the room, but the third day I was changed to another one beside a choir. They were all young girls and they were extremely noisy. As we are all travellers, we had plan and needed to get up early in the morning. But they kept shouting and running and knocking at the door until mid-night.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

The staff was brilliant. They provide all the answers the questions me and my friend asked. Even when there was a bus strike, we never missed a day outing. There is always something to do, what ever the situation, come rain or shine. I loved it. It's a great place to visit.

Lockers are in a separate room on the first floor and cost 1 euro a day plus a key deposit (slightly inconvenient), breakfast is not free, location isn't far at all from pubs, etc. staff were all very helpful, I'd recommend paying for the en suite option as the common bathrooms were not clean

I thought the staff were all very friendly and they made my friend and I very welcome! The accomodation was good and the staff always had a smile on their face and were very helpful on giving advice on different aspects of visiting Cork. I would definitely stay at Sheila's hostel again.

• 25th Apr 2015

A great hostel, very friendly staff, and a perfect location.

• 18th Apr 2015

It was all good, except for the noise. Walls are very thin you can hear everything in the rooms around, above and people singing outside were not helping either. Basically it's not for light sleepers. But otherwise a good place to stay, close to city centre. Staff was very nice!!

Brilliant place.. definately stay there again ..

• 6th Apr 2015

Its a nuisance that the toilets and shower blocks are located so far from the dporms

« first « Prev 1 2 3