Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Great hostel with a lot of facilities and very friendly staff. I would come back!

Very friendly staff. They even booked a taxi for us for the next morning!

Good hostel with great staff. My only negative would be the temperature of the rooms. No heat till very late in the day.

the location was nice; no more than 20 min walk from anywhere, kitchen was nice and spacious, and the lady at the front desk was super helpful! The hostel is well signed and easy to find, even at night, although the trek up the hill to the hostel was hard at the end of a long day!

Young environment, nice staff, good location. Good value to spend some days in Cork

Everything was ok and I'd stay again. Really comfortable beds

It was a very nice place, and quite easy to get to city centre from there. The staff weren't always warm, but were always very helpful. There was a big group there during my stay, which can always be a bit of a pain, but that's sort of out of the hostel's control I suppose.

The staff was really great they responded to every question we had. However the room we had was awfull we felt like in prison cell it was so hot and their was no place to move in the room it was so tiny the ''bathroom'' the shower was si small and i'm small so .. and we didn't have any hot water and for the price we paid wow as quit high you don't even get breakfest .. you have to pay 3 euros for toast and cereal.. They are up two hills so its quit a walk with your stuff and if you drank..

• 7th Mar 2014

The staff was very nice but the hostel is in a terrible location. It is a walk to the city center since the hostel is located in a residential area. The rooms itself are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The hostel has parking; however, you must buy a parking pass from the city.

Rooms are stuffy and so narrow you can barley pass another person. Water was never hot for a shower even though we paid extra to have a shower in our room. Staff are nice though and free wifi was a plus..Located in a not so nice part of the city.

• 2nd Mar 2014

The kitchen was very large and had multiple ovens and stoves to accomodate a lot of people at once. The atmosphere was fine but not very sociable. We enjoyed the board games they had in the common room for us to play while we relaxed.

Nice stay. Close to city center, friendly and helpful staff.

Really nice stay here.. Was apprehensive as it was my first hostel stay but it exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again!

• 21st Feb 2014

Spot on in the city centre, lovely staff and the sauna was great. Other than that, the room was very cold as the heating was pre-set an only came on between certain hours. It was terribly noisy down to drinking games being played elsewhere in the hostel regardless of the no-alcohol in dorms policy. The shower in our room was lukewarm at best and not too clean.

• 21st Feb 2014

Excellent WiFi available in rooms. Comfy beds. Clean rooms. Bathrooms can be a bit of a trek from your room. Manager a really nice and helpful bloke - other receptionists ok. Breakfast is extra at E3 - I thought it was ok value as you can have refills though it's not a very inspiring offer. The real downer is the showers - hooks on the wall are broken, and there's no temperature control. Water is either too hot or too cold - always the latter in my case. It's Feb - I wanted warmth!

excellent staff. wifi did not work well in rooms. location not the best, but not terrible. good value for the money.

There was a spider in our room. The continental breakfast (for 3 euro) was cereal.

• 25th Jan 2014

Staff was so nice and helpfull, the hostel is well located not far from the main street. The only thing would be the tiny window in the bedroom and the space in the room but it's clean.

• 31st Dec 2013

freezing cold showers, no matter when you turn it on. Staff very nice.

It's a nice hostel, the kitchen is huge and very clean, the room I was in resembled a cupboard with 4 beds and a small window at the top, I think it really should be a double. The staff are great and it's very central.