Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Nice place to stay in Cork, near the city center. The staff is nice and the hostel as well. I was staying in a 6 persons dorm and it was a little small other than that I've enjoyed my stay there.

• 12th Aug 2014

We only stayed here for one night but we enjoyed it. Patrick was absolutely wonderful with his information and tips of what to see and do.

Great two nights there, thanks to the great staff at Sheila's!

• 8th Aug 2014

It`s the second time that we`re in Ireland and also the second time in Sheila`s hostel. The people at Sheila`s hostel are very kind and friendly. We were very welcome. They have much space were you can make your dinner, sit and relax. The wifi is working excellent. It`s near by the centre. And there are loads of things to do. We loved it.

• 5th Aug 2014

Comfortable room and bed (4 bed dorm), yet there didn't seem to be many showers / toilets except on the ground floor. Very friendly staff and a good size kitchen, however very poor location is you want to be in the centre. A good deal with a very nice pub nearby for 10% off drinks.

6 bed per room. It's perfect to have a good atmosphere in the room

Close to the city center and nice building but the rooms were claustrophobic with no windows (just little windows in the ceilings) and the kitchen was dirty. It's ok for a few nights...

On arrival got moved from 4 bed dorm to 6 bed dorm

I really enjoyed my stay at Sheila's Hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little tight, or at least mine was. Possibly one to many bunk beds in there but otherwise I can't think of any complaints. The kitchen faciilities are clean and there's heaps of room. And there a few chillout areas too. The bathrooms are clean and the showers are set up so all your stuff doesn't get wet when you're in there! I would definitely stay again.

This hostel is very unimaginative and lacks any form of inspiration. Although you can sleep alright in the rooms, they are very cramped with only two very small windows in the celing. It's less busy however than hostels in Dublin let's say and you can sleep better because of that. However the price is not all that ecomomical considering it is more on average than in most Dublin hostels. Also the cleanliness of this hostel is awful, I would dare shower there or use the toilets.

Rooms could be cleaner. Only able to get minimal air flow into the room and it was a warm evening. Everything was fine, but not great. Staff was excellent and very helpful. The kitchen looked great although we ate out that night.

Really good hostel. Stayed one night but wished we had booked in for longer. The hostel was nice, comfortable and clean with a good atmosphere. In particular, the guy (whose name has I cannot remember) was especially friendly and helpful. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and give advice on where to go. Brilliant. Would definintely recommend Sheila's

very noisy the kitcheen and the room are not clean

We are used to Youth Hostels ; this one is very big , like a "factory " ...Our bedroom for 4 was very small , without any window ; there was no water in the shower in our private bathroom ,the washbasin was completly blocked... and nobody at the reception to help ...

Very friendly and accomodating staff. Excellent facilities, particularly kitchen and communal areas. Private room was very small and unfortunately right on top floor. Also if travelling by car will need to pay for parking every two hours (unless staying on a Sunday) but would recommend - very handy location for the city.

Great hostel! Would definetely recommend it to everyone who plans to stay a few nights in cork. Great, friendly and helpful staff and a very clean house. Definetely worth it :)

• 27th Jul 2014

I could not fault my stay at the hostel. I was concerned at having read reviews after I had booked the hostel. If I had read the reviews beforehand I would not have chosen to book it. However my experience there was very positive considering also that I had my grandson who is 10 years old with me. The staff were very friendly and obliging over and above their duties. My grandson loved the experience and would love to go back there. Thank you to all the staff there!!

• 26th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with good atmosphere. Discounts in a pub and pizzeria. No breakfast included. bed mattress was a bit bended in the middle, so a bit uncomfortable.

It's not as shiny and lovely as the brochure they provide in town makes it sound. We paid for an ensuite room, however after 1 shower, that stopped working. We were told it would be fixed during the day but it wasn't, however they did let us have our clothes washed for free. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean but very very warm as there wasn't any windows. Sadly our room was right next to the stairs so was very noisy at night with constant banging doors. Free wifi though

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and the kitchen was huge with lots of bench space. Our bathroom door in our room was rediculous and loud, hard to close, open and lock. That's only a small gripe though. Would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6