Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

It's a nice hostel, the kitchen is huge and very clean, the room I was in resembled a cupboard with 4 beds and a small window at the top, I think it really should be a double. The staff are great and it's very central.

Nice hostel, the only problems I had were: The shower which was boiling, it was impossible to stay under the shower; In the bedroom, there was a glass door for emergency exit, it made too much light! Else, the location was ok, the hostel itself really nice, the staff sympathetic, it was a nice stay.

• 28th Oct 2013

We paid €80 + charges for a twin private room. It was a tiny room with a bunk bed. The wash facilities were also very small and looked run down. I wouldn't have minded this so much if it hadn't been €40 / person.

• 27th Oct 2013

The bedroom was really small so we were lucky that 2 of the 6 beds were free... The hostel is just ok, nothing really special for me. May go back or may try a different one in case I have to stay in Cork again.

The location is good, but it's on top of a hill, which makes it a little bit harder to get, but nothing serious. The staff was helpful in providing me with directions and instructions and the breakfast is one of the best I've ever had in a hostel, very well organized and served.

Good Hostel, but the cleaning was very bad, I stayd there with my family and my mom and dad baraly used it, because it was that bad. Good staff tho.

Great Hostel in a great location. Could use a few lockers in the room for bags but other then that it was great.

I hard-boiled 4 eggs for lunch one evening and when I went to retrieve them the next morning, they had been stolen. If someone wanted 1 egg, that would have been ok, but to take 4 of a man's eggs is unacceptable. Also, the sauna which is offered for the use of guests is on a 45minute timer and switches off before it even reaches 95degC. Sat there in a 70degC sauna thinking what's the point in offering the use of a sauna if you're too miserable to pay for the electricity to heat it properly?!

• 21st Oct 2013