Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

The staff were very friendly and helpful! They gave us lots of advice about where to explore and visit, and happily answered any questions we had.

My biggest issue with this hostel was the sheets which clearly hadn't been washed for ages.

• 30th Jul 2015

The room was very small and warm.

It was good for the money . Location okay have to walk to everything but that's the kind of town it is.

The hostel is located near to city centre, bus station and train station. The place is organised, the room comfortable and the kitchen eqquiped. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

The staff were extremely helpful and kind when I encountered a problem in my room. The wifi was decent and the hostel is ~10min away from the bus station. (It is up a hill). The beds were really creaky - I would pay a little more for a 6 person dorm room, the quality seems to be slightly better. The showers were annoying since the water only stayed on for ~2 min. Really good spot for solo travelers (easy to meet others) and the price was great. Overall I would stay here again.

Showers and bathrooms are a bit old and would need to be "refreshed"

• 26th Jul 2015

Staff helpful. Room small for 6 people however all was good. Beds comfortable. Great kitchen. Hard to get hot water for the shower

Great location close to plenty of pubs with live music, 5 minutes from a Spar shop, short walk to the bus/train stations, friendly staff especially when we needed to use the phone in an emergency. Atmosphere was good and we met a lot of people to socialise with. Noise was a slight issue but after 11/12 it was always quiet.

Very small rooms, no cages under the bed to lock, very friendly and helpful staff,

I am a 60 year old female traveling by myself and wanted to visit Cork. I was recommended Sheila's by a young male friend who had stayed there about five years ago. It was great I felt safe and it was good value for money.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff were very nice and friedly. The location is very central but not the best area to walk around late night if alone. The bed was very confortável and the layout of the small room made it spacious enough. The ensuite bathroom wasn't bad but the shared ones needed an extra clean. The thing that actually bothered me was the shower, would need to press the button every 20 seconds and there was no temperature selection. The cinema room, kitchen were nice and wifi working well even in the room

Super friendly staff, very helpfull! I loved the extra facilities such as the cinema room. The kitchen was nice and spacious, with enough room to store your food. The only downside off Sheila's was the terrible hill it was on. Every time you wanted to go back to the hostel, you had to climb that hill. But nevertheless I would stay here again!

Little noisey at night with some residents banging doors, but overall excellent value for money, would recommend to a friend!

• 17th Jul 2015

We liked the hostel and the atmosphere, but one big big minus was our room! 6-bed-mixed- doorm was so tiny that just the 3 bunks hat place in there and even worse was the fact that there were no windows for us to open and the air was so horrible that we woke the next morning with headaches... so that room we'd never take again, though we don't know about the other rooms! A plus: the friendly man from the reception who gave us great tips about our travelling plans, which routes to take etc :)

great hostel, great atmosphere, helpful staff

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

The hostel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the common areas nice. The location wasn't the best but not terrible either, a bit of a hike up a hill from town. Close to the bus station! Oh and a nice "free food" box in the kitchen which had some good stuff in it.

The staff were all very nice and helpful in given directions around the city and suggesting different activities to do.

• 14th Jul 2015

The guy on the reception was the friendliest and most helpful host I've come across! Great place to stay but it can be loud in the mornings once people start to wake up. The only negative was that we had an en-suite and there was no soap provided.

It is a good hostel but the breakfast should be free. I have enjoyed the time here.