Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

I'm in and out to Shelia's all the time. I'd never stay anywhere else in Cork

Hostel location is fine. Staff was friendly. Breakfast for 3 EURO was fine. Lot of noise! The room was VERY small, could almost not walk between to bunkbeds to go to the bathroom. The bathroom in the room smelled very bad and the shower hose didn't work so instead of pressing it once you had to hold it in while you showered which was hard. Only one big light in the room which is horrible when you live 6 people together. And only 1 security locker under one bed - not enought for 6 single people

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

The room was very small, smelly and dirty. There where spiderrag everywhere on the roof and even we had some spiders as visitors. Youve to share a small restroom with man, so you see often a half naked man standing there. this restroom was to small for the amount of people. I showered downstairs where it was more clean and it's was a ladies room. The kitchen was sticky and the fridge was overfilled. And next to this all I had 5 broke nights because of the noise of people and the restroom next d

• 12th Nov 2015

Lovely friendly staff. The room was grand though the folded over sheet (doubling as under and over sheet) keep me very restricted in the bed (it shortens the bed by width and length).

• 11th Nov 2015

The staff was very welcoming. Gave us walking and driving directions to everywhere in the city. We lucked out and had the entire 14 bed dorm to ourselves for two nights which was awesome. The dorm was cleaned daily. Only down side was that the breakfast wasn't included in the price, €3 for cereal. Other than that we enjoyed our stay here!

I believe i paid more than advertised, I paid a €7 deposit that i thought would be taken off my full payment, but i paid full payment on arrival.

• 8th Nov 2015

Hi Thank you for the positive review. Just to clarify: You paid a 12% deposit = 5.52 which was deducted from from bill. however, Hostelworld also charge a booking fee which is separate and not allowable against your accommodation. Sorry!

I didn't give an "Excellent" rating but it was very close to it. All in all, I was very happy with my choice. I felt safe, the staff was great and the location was good. The price I paid was pretty good given how expensive Ireland can be. Just that room under the stairs... if only sometihng could be done about the noise.

Friendly, great and helpful staff , excellent location, good value for money.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Romania

Great wee hostel. Perfect location and class view of the city. Value for money! Fairly youth oriented.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! Having staff at the front desk 24/7 was great since I had to check out early. Room and linens were clean. Bed was comfy. It was a bit of an inconvenience to have to keep pressing the button to get water in the shower and you can't control the hot/cold (shower does stay decently warm though). Would recommend earplugs if you are a light sleeper since walls are a bit thin and you would be able to hear people coming home from the bars.

location was great and easy to find, so close to the bus station and the hostel gave us great directions. staff was fun and nice. cinema room was AMAZING!!!!!!! what a treat! hostel is not soundproof so you can hear lots of sounds from the hall and other rooms and bathrooms but it is a small price to pay for great location and price!

Staff was very friendly, rooms were good, despite the power outlets are located so close to heaters it can be dangerous, toilets could be a bit cleaner, breakfast are ok. Overall, a very good hostel well located.

The bad thing was the location, and difficulty finding the place. Otherwise it was great.

Good: Kind staff, clean bed, breakfast okay for 3 € extra Bad: more bath rooms, please!

• 12th Oct 2015

Really nice stay, tiny room though! I wish it had had a window.

Shower rooms could have used some hooks on the doors, as many of them were missing the shelves (which isn't enough space anyways)

Good facility overall, with helpful staff. The building is aging, and many amenities are on the verge of needing an upgrade. That said, it's a clean, livable hostel.

Great location but far too expensive for the tiny box room that we got. I paid nearly 100 euro for two nights in a room with only a tiny window (in the ensuite) and about four feet of room beside the bed. Matresses very hard and uncomfortable, bed's quite cramped.

I recommend this hostel. I was impressed by the staff, very kind and so hepful! it's a plasure and it's very reassuring when you arrived in a new country! They helped for each question...I recommend this hostel for the staff, marvelous!

• 5th Oct 2015

Sheila's ranks at the lower end of the scale. The room was cramped which I didn't mind, there were no lockers and storage came at an extra cost. The washrooms were fine, below average, but fine. Two serial snorers in the room with attitude problems who also got annoyed when another guy asked to turn the light off as the rest of us tried to sleep. There were two people sharing one bunk meaning one of them did not pay and stayed for free. Dark-haired female receptionist needs a new job elsewhere.