Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Quite handy for cork & just far enough out of town not to be too busy.

Very cramped rooms and the bathrooms were disgusting. The bathroom near my room seemed to be the one that just about everyone used and at one point a group of guys had dumped chocolate milk over everything, and the toilets were constantly clogged or unflushed. Guys often used the girls facilities too. Cold showers and you have to pay for any food. Just not a great experience, maybe it was just the time of week or something

Small rooms, really small bathroom. Considering that its a Hostel the stay was ok.

• 19th Sep 2015

This is strictly a youth hostel. Teenagers were running in the hallways at all points of the night banging on doors of their friends because there is no enforced quiet hour.. The dorm space is completely cramped and the bathrooms smelled constantly, even after seeing them being 'cleaned'. Breakfast is nothing special and a scam for an extra 3 euro per day. Save yourself the frustration and book a B&B for the night while you're in Cork.

Sheila's was subpar. The rooms were very small and beds were squished close together. My bed was small too! I'm 5'9" and my feet were flush along the end of the bed so not much space.My bunk had no rail or ladder up and there was no real way to secure your things in your room. If you wanted you could get a box to put some things for a day but like most things there you had to pay extra. Also it did not feel very clean, although it wasn't completely grubby. Wouldn't go back myself or recommend.

When I first got there the room I was in had a body in every bed, but the front desk sorted it very quickly. The showers where a little moldy, but other then that I had a wonderful stay and the views from my room were beautiful.

A huge hostel, has everything you need facilities-wise but very impersonal, rooms are crowded, kitchen quite imposing. I'm not a fan of these massive hostels - there is no personal touch, atmosphere or creature comforts but ok for an overnight stay.

It was good for a single night. For the money I spent, it was ok but honestly speaking the bed was terrible. Sunken in the middle, you could feel the springs and no matter how I tried to get comfortable on the firmer parts of the mattress, I ended up rolling into the uncomfortable center. Maybe I was unlucky with my room. The location was close to city center BUT it's up a fairly steep hill and if you're not simply backpacking and have luggage, it is not a fun walk. Also no lift.

Great to have such lovely friendly and helpful staff. Thanks. The first private room could have done with a side lamp, a chair, and a bathroom door that closed. The second room we were given on our return was a dorm with cold tiled floor. The bathroom needs hooks or shelves for clothes, etc. The skylight in Room 2 is awful; it offers no privacy and a light shone into room all night. Side lights would be good. The mattress was AWFUL and saggy. A terrible night's sleep.

wifi was great! it's up a big hill, so that left me winded everytime haha otherwise great place!

Honestly, the accommodations seemed ok at first sight, but where you get there, it´s different (sauna, kitchen.....) It Was freezing in the rooms and bathrooms. It Was not clean. Taking a shower was like Béring washed with a gardening hose!!! Water was cold! A lot of things are available: internet.... But you have to pay extra for everything: breakfast, internet, car park... Only positive point : the wifi works well! I will not Go back nor recommand it!

great hostel in an awesome location

Good Hostel Economical as well as Nice location, Staffs too

Nice large hostel close to the town centre (about 15-20 minutes walk) with excellent rooms. Reception and night security were very good. A little surprised that they charged for breakfast as it had been included elsewhere during our Irish holiday this year. But for me the only real down point was some basic facilities and as i am not a great fan of communal showers and toilets anyway this was always going to be the least pleasant aspect for me - add a couple of football teams on tour and ....

• 10th Sep 2015

Probably one of the best hostels were we stayed. Cute and helpfull local staff (they know the location well), nice bathrooms, nice rooms and even European plug-ins in the wall. Great, great, great.

We couldnt even turn inside the Rom, so narrow. The beds made loud noises while turning. "Clean" looks quite different. And you had to go to a nearby Shop to buy a parking Ticket...

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Austria

I like this place and we have slept there at least three times! I recommend it... the best place to stay in Cork :)

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Czech Republic

shower goes out literally every 5 seconds. I'm ok with it going out every minute to save water, but 5 seconds is way too fast. the sink was also clogged. apart from that everything else was ok

The hostel itself was cool. The two sockets in our room didn't work though and we had a mixed 6-bed room which was tiny. It was clean though, however kind of sticky during the night. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• 4th Sep 2015

Very nice and friendly, who were very helpful. The hostel was very clean and facilities were excellent.

• 4th Sep 2015