Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

The rooms were extremely small and bathrooms didn't seem very clean. It didn't have a very friendly atmosphere either and unfortunately we didn't have the friendliest roommates. Breakfast was the same as any other hostel except you had to pay €3 for it. The only really redeeming factor was the Amazon service from the man who staffed the front desk. He was delightful, friendly and knowledgeable and seemed very happy to help us in any way.

A very nice atmosphere in this hostel. When I visit Cork again I will return to Sheila's Hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2015

only negatives had to do with laundry service (unavailable before my bus out of Cork left) and broken sauna that was advertised in hostelworld site. Hostel was very clean, kitchen was in great shape, and it was by far the most affordable hostel I stayed at in Ireland. Indeed it was more affordable than my average rent back in the Northeastern USA.

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff but rooms are unacceptably cramped

Very good facilities in the kitchen. Small rooms and small but clean beds. Very good staff!

Obligation to confirm your booking before noon, if not you will loose it... First time I see that.

Super friendly staff and great venue.

The shower was terrible (you have to press a button every 15 seconds, plus the water is barely warm, and you can't adjust it). The staff looks bored when talking to you. The building is also very noisy everytime people go down the stairs or talk in other rooms. The rooms are okay, it's not to far from the center of Cork.

The Hostel was pretty good. Very close to the center; the staff is very helpful and always nice. The dorm room (I stayed in a 6 bed dorm) are quite small but they're ok, clean bedding and comfortable beds. The kitchen is nice, with lots of space, dishes and pots to use. The bathrooms unfortunately are a bit too small, with not a lot of privacy, and no place to hang your stuff while you shower. I'd say the bathrooms were the only downside, but overall I'd recommend the hostel.

I only stayed for 2 nights, but I enjoyed it. The staff was friendly, nice atmosphere in general. For people who have problems with sleeping at night I would suggest earplugs. Everything else was great!

Room layout pretty much prevented socialising and the bathroom was filthy.

Why aren't there lockers in the rooms?

• 23rd Aug 2015

hostel was alright, but i didn't really feel comfortable. the breakfast is not included and you should pay 3euros for a continental breakfast which is just ridiculous. the ladies at the reception were not really friendly and i just had the feeling that this hostel is more a capitalistic hostel than a hostel with heart. but still a good place to sleep, cook, visit the city and bring your own breakfast ;)

Clean and pretty quiet for how popular it is. Easy location to remember. Just always walk up the hill.

I was on the top floor and I had to lock my bag on the first floor which was really inconvenient. There were washrooms down there so I only went to my room to sleep. It's on the outside of the city but cork is small and a short walk to the centre. The lounge is very social and it was easy to meet people.

The room looks like a corridor...

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very little bad about this place, other than it is at the top of quite a large hill! Great place, friendly and helpful staff.

Our six bed dorm was really small, but people in our room were friendly and nice and so we slept very well. Staff is very nice and helpful. Lockers are available. Bathrooms aren't very clean, but you can us them. I will come back, if I can.

Very well situated hostel with every convenience for the traveller

we ended up not ever making it to the hostel but because we booked the reservation so late they would not refund us