Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Really good hostel. Stayed one night but wished we had booked in for longer. The hostel was nice, comfortable and clean with a good atmosphere. In particular, the guy (whose name has I cannot remember) was especially friendly and helpful. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and give advice on where to go. Brilliant. Would definintely recommend Sheila's

very noisy the kitcheen and the room are not clean

We are used to Youth Hostels ; this one is very big , like a "factory " ...Our bedroom for 4 was very small , without any window ; there was no water in the shower in our private bathroom ,the washbasin was completly blocked... and nobody at the reception to help ...

Very friendly and accomodating staff. Excellent facilities, particularly kitchen and communal areas. Private room was very small and unfortunately right on top floor. Also if travelling by car will need to pay for parking every two hours (unless staying on a Sunday) but would recommend - very handy location for the city.

Great hostel! Would definetely recommend it to everyone who plans to stay a few nights in cork. Great, friendly and helpful staff and a very clean house. Definetely worth it :)

• 27th Jul 2014

I could not fault my stay at the hostel. I was concerned at having read reviews after I had booked the hostel. If I had read the reviews beforehand I would not have chosen to book it. However my experience there was very positive considering also that I had my grandson who is 10 years old with me. The staff were very friendly and obliging over and above their duties. My grandson loved the experience and would love to go back there. Thank you to all the staff there!!

• 26th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with good atmosphere. Discounts in a pub and pizzeria. No breakfast included. bed mattress was a bit bended in the middle, so a bit uncomfortable.

It's not as shiny and lovely as the brochure they provide in town makes it sound. We paid for an ensuite room, however after 1 shower, that stopped working. We were told it would be fixed during the day but it wasn't, however they did let us have our clothes washed for free. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean but very very warm as there wasn't any windows. Sadly our room was right next to the stairs so was very noisy at night with constant banging doors. Free wifi though

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and the kitchen was huge with lots of bench space. Our bathroom door in our room was rediculous and loud, hard to close, open and lock. That's only a small gripe though. Would stay here again.

The hostel was nice, and in a good location. The one hazard I warn is that in a 8 bed mixed dorm, you will barely have space to move around (very tight quarters). The price more than makes up for this. Pray for not having a loud snoring man in your room though, as that would ruin your sleep.

Nice staff, the place was pretty messy when I was there. Definitely not the nicest hostel I've stayed in. I'm not sure how Kinlay in cork is, but I stayed in Kinlay hostel in Galway and loved it. Maybe check them out?

• 20th Jul 2014

The hostel was cheap. The staff were really nice. As a girl, I'm not a fan of the unisex toilets and showers all in one room only separated by stalls. You also need to push the shower button every 5 seconds to shower. The worst thing was our room smell, that we had to spray lots of air freshener. Overall, the hostel didn't do much for me, except for the incredibly friendly staff.

The night porter was very ignorant.

• 15th Jul 2014

Friendly staff, excellent location. Rooms slightly squashy, not great washrooms.

• 15th Jul 2014

This hostel is great for a cheap weekend away! As long as you don't go expecting 5* you won't be disappointed :)

Maybe I just picked the wrong time, but this place was full of kids (age 12-18) and there was no place for privacy to make a phone or skype call. Outside was even busy and noisy. They would take up the full common room and kitchen to have lectures or something of the sort and I could tell I wasn't the only guest who felt unwelcome. Staff, facilities and location were all great though! I would recommend this hostel and hope your luck is better than mine.

Great place. Nice and clean with very friendly staff.

• 10th Jul 2014

The hostel and staff were very nice! Rooms were clean!

Staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Our 3rd floor room had some smells from the kitchen below but closing the window seemed to get rid of most of them.

Staff were very helpful , great location and it has parking outside which in Cork is a real novelty :) Excellent price too. They have a half price deal with the local Four Star Pizza which was handy.

• 8th Jul 2014