Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

No light working in downstairs showers

• 28th Jun 2014

The location was perfect, close to the city, anemities and train station, away from the buzz. The staff was very nice (in particular Paddy on arrival made me feel at home, he is a chatty lad, attentive to every single person equally. The house is kept clean and it was a pleasure to stay, even though only for one night

• 28th Jun 2014

Friendly staff, very good price and decent accommodation. The only downside is that the hostel is located up in the hill, but it's close enough to the city centre. I'd recommend it!

Sheila's hostel is in a very good location, close to the centre. No breakfast was offered.

Day staff was very nice and most welcoming. Night staff made me feel like I was asking them a favour for staying at the hostel.

Good location. Very near to city centre. The only downside is you have to climb the hilly slope upon reaching the hostel. Staff wasn't great. I called and asked them to check if I have left my watch on the bed. Then staff 1 asked to call back in 10 minutes as she ask someone to check for me. When I call back, staff 2 says he can only confirm once they clean the room. They staff are not friendly and are always busy with their stuff. And the 8 beds dorm was quite stuffy. You get what you paid for

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

They had this rope course next to the hostel so every night they had at least 50 kids staying there, running around. So that kinda sucked but I absolutely love Killarney!! It's beautiful :)

Pretty good hostel. Not a bad walk to some of the best bits of cork.

• 21st Jun 2014

Clean room. En suite bathroom was clean and everything worked well. Lovely staff.

Great location. Cheap and easy. Room was a bit hot, but apart from that, no complaints :)

Very friendly staff, some discount around by showing key card (like the pub) Free wifi everywhere. Free bed sheets and towels. Comfortable mattress. Private twin room is small but ok. Lots of stairs Friendly staff. Walking distance from everything. clean and confortable. Breakfast 3€ or you can make your own in the kitchen Very noisy, you can hear everything trough the walls (you can understand perfectly the conversation in the next room). Big and busy place, noisy people all night The room lo

I stay here every year, its cheap, convenient, have everything you need, extremely helpful staff, and very friendly.

• 13th Jun 2014

Hostel was clean, staff were friendly, bars and restaurants galore nearby, train station 5 minute walk, bus station less than 10. There is a HUGE hill up to the hostel but you don't notice it coming back after a night in the many pubs of Cork!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great and friendly staff. Wonderfull view across Cork (top floor).

• 12th Jun 2014

An excellent experience all round. Every service was catered for you would want from a hostel. Staff excellent: well informed and friendly. I will highly recommend Sheilas and will be sure to return. Thank you.

• 11th Jun 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

A good place to stay Cork. Pretty basic but everything you need for an overnight stay. Staff were friendly and helpful.

a great hostel with great atmosphere. Always someone on the desk, although not always as friendly as other hostels. Met loads of other people staying here, the big open kitchen and front sitting room made this possible. Clean room with good little en-suite bathroom. Not in the centre, but close enough and plenty of local pubs and music venues.

Sheila's was very nice and felt almost more like a hotel than a hostel. The facilities were probably the nicest of any hostel I've stayed in. I walked there from the train station which was about 10 minutes; however, it was up a pretty steep hill which was a challenge. Other than that my only sort of complaint was the atmosphere wasn't as fun. The people there were nice but just not as talkitive or sociable. Would recommend if you're looking more to relax, but not as much if you want to party.

The first evening there was people who came in late (around 2am) slamming doors to their hostel rooms, yelling at each other, and continuing to party. The security was reluctant to speak to them at all. My partner and I suffered bed bug bites from the bed we were sleeping in. When I approached the staff they were less then apologetic and offered a $3 breakfast for compensation, and refused to take our claim seriously?! We tried to give them another chance, but had the same experience again.

• 4th Jun 2014

We have corresponded directly with the customer and offered a full refund. Pest control have confirmed that, after a full inspection of the room, no trace of bed bugs we to be found. We apologise for the noise made by other guests. We do our best to control it but it obviously wasn't enough.