Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Fun place to stay, staff was really helpful and nice!

We were generally happy with our experience. For a hostel I'm not sure we could have expected better. We paid for a private en suite room. It was a very small room with bunk beds, but it was functional and we were backpacking. They had lockers to rent for cheap (definitely recommend). We arrived mid morning and they gave us a locker for free for the day. Only other issue was a group of teenagers were loud (screaming and running in the building), but it's a hostel and we were close to patio.

Excellent staff, but the hostel gets very noisy on the weekends.

Nice place, clean, quiete and near the city centre. The ensuite room is the best solution if don't want stay in a room with a lot of people and want the bathroom just for you.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Cork is such an amazing city (although it did feel like a small town - one that we quickly ran out of things to do in) and Shelia's was a really easy place to find, great signs and location. They had a few long(ish) term guests, some of who were amazing and helpful and some of who were a bit sketchy. The washrooms were shared and not that clean, theres limited plug-ins and the wifi doesnt work well in the rooms. But the beds are comfortable and the alot of lounging areas.

Probably, in term of facilities, the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Portugal

did well for what we wanted

Very nice stay actually. Just would have loved another pillow and some kind of shampoo/shower gel in the bathroom.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Estonia

My friends and I were delighted with Sheilas! When we arrived, we were welcomed and given excellent advice about what to visit and how; the room was clean and the beds comfortable; and it was very conveniently located, within easy walking distance of both the city centre and the bus and train stations. All in all, a fantastic experience!

• 29th Jun 2015

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Frre tea would help atmosphere. Very difficult to provide ow milk when traveling. A bit dark in places and not so cosy, but large comman space and quiet which is a nice change

There were no lockers in the room besides maybe 2 under bed cages in a 14 bed room. A guy in my room had an ipad stolen as a result. It was quiet the nights i was there, which was good for sleeping, but not great for meeting people. Otherwise i enjoyed my stay here.

Do not stay here if you want to have a good time in cork. Go to Bru Bar. (Or however you spell it).

Hi. I'm sorry your experience of Sheilas wasn't what you had hoped it to be. We would appreciate any positive feedback on how we could improve our guest experience.

24 hour reception was great. Safe and secure building. The bed creaked like a WW2 army tank but was ok (if you had a few drinks). Relaxed atmosphere. Would recommend.

Really enjoyed out stay.... it was very clean...very comfortable and it was very safe!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is always gonna be the place where they can afford to film you in the kitchens, but you have to pay to keep your valuables tucked. The showers are pretty bad too- take the ones in the bathroom between first floor and second, in the stairs: much better.

Extensive refurbishment required. The building is old, rooms are small and bathrooms are dirty.

I heard great things about this hostel, awesome location etc. I had booked here as I had made a booking muck up in another hostel in Cork that ended up working out in the end so didn't actually stay here... but here's a review :)

The security lockers were far from the rooms and cost an additional charge and were only big enough for a couple of things. Although the people at the front desk were helpful upon arrival, they were no help after that when asking questions. The rooms were tiny, the beds were smelly. The washrooms were too dirty to even want to take a shower. There were also many older men staying in the hostel. I felt very uncomfortable during my stay here

Absolutely fantastic people working the front desk, and it's nice to see the cleaning staff of a hostel doing a thorough job. The only real sense of improvement (other than not being atop that freaking steep hill anymore) would be to have a more secure storage for luggage. We used the lockers in the stairwell at the back just fine, however some of our gear couldn't fit in the large lockers and had to be hidden above them. It would be much more preferable to have a locked luggage room.