Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

Loved this hostel and all the staff especially the guy from the front desk (sorry can't remember his name) but he was awesome!! Very helpful in finding things and gave great suggestions for things to do and where to eat and just as good at giving directions too them if I'm ever in the area I'll be staying here

Much what I expected,very close to the city and good value. My first time at a hostel and now will be doing more

• 16th Apr 2014

Great hostel with a lot of facilities and very friendly staff. I would come back!

Very friendly staff. They even booked a taxi for us for the next morning!

Overall comfortable enough. They charge you for absolutely everything, though--internet time, computer use, luggage storage, breakfast. So be aware that things might add up. Pretty clean, nice location, serviceable. Unpleasant atmosphere, though, but that shouldn't matter if you're going out and about.

Good hostel with great staff. My only negative would be the temperature of the rooms. No heat till very late in the day.

the location was nice; no more than 20 min walk from anywhere, kitchen was nice and spacious, and the lady at the front desk was super helpful! The hostel is well signed and easy to find, even at night, although the trek up the hill to the hostel was hard at the end of a long day!

The location is just a short walk up the hill from the bus station and the river, close to lots of restaurants and bars. The kitchen was very large and there were multiple common areas. They even had a small movie theatre with lots of movies to choose from for free. The staff was helpful and had good recommendations.

Young environment, nice staff, good location. Good value to spend some days in Cork

Everything was ok and I'd stay again. Really comfortable beds

It was a very nice place, and quite easy to get to city centre from there. The staff weren't always warm, but were always very helpful. There was a big group there during my stay, which can always be a bit of a pain, but that's sort of out of the hostel's control I suppose.

The staff was really great they responded to every question we had. However the room we had was awfull we felt like in prison cell it was so hot and their was no place to move in the room it was so tiny the ''bathroom'' the shower was si small and i'm small so .. and we didn't have any hot water and for the price we paid wow as quit high you don't even get breakfest .. you have to pay 3 euros for toast and cereal.. They are up two hills so its quit a walk with your stuff and if you drank..

The staff was very nice but the hostel is in a terrible location. It is a walk to the city center since the hostel is located in a residential area. The rooms itself are clean and the beds are very comfortable. The hostel has parking; however, you must buy a parking pass from the city.

Rooms are stuffy and so narrow you can barley pass another person. Water was never hot for a shower even though we paid extra to have a shower in our room. Staff are nice though and free wifi was a plus..Located in a not so nice part of the city.

• 2nd Mar 2014