Sheilas Cork Hostel Reviews

4 Belgrave Place, Wellington Road, Cork, Ireland

The first evening there was people who came in late (around 2am) slamming doors to their hostel rooms, yelling at each other, and continuing to party. The security was reluctant to speak to them at all. My partner and I suffered bed bug bites from the bed we were sleeping in. When I approached the staff they were less then apologetic and offered a $3 breakfast for compensation, and refused to take our claim seriously?! We tried to give them another chance, but had the same experience again.

• 4th Jun 2014

We have corresponded directly with the customer and offered a full refund. Pest control have confirmed that, after a full inspection of the room, no trace of bed bugs we to be found. We apologise for the noise made by other guests. We do our best to control it but it obviously wasn't enough.

For the price of the hostel, it was a good buy. The rooms were slightly cramped (we stayed in in a 8 bed missed dorm), and the shower/ bathrooms were inconvenient to get to from our room. We did, however, love the discounts the hostel provided for Four Star Pizza. Again, for the price of the hostel, it wasn't too bad.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Room was unbelievably hot and crammed with bunk beds. They charge you extra for a locker which is way downstairs, no outlets in the room, the 'cinema' room is a black dungeon, and the sauna costs money. The man at the front desk was nice though and outlined a bunch of things to do. Wouldn't stay here again though.

It has a good localization (although it is on a very tilted road), near to the city center, train and bus stations. That's all I can say as positive. Walls seems to be made of paper. Anyone making noise in the hostel seems to be inside your room. Terrible option if you want to sleep. Showers aren't enough. And if you wake up early (or can't sleep at all due to the noise) you might find no hot water on the toilets. There is no locker on the rooms, You must pay to use the hostel's locker. 5 euros

침대가 많이 삐그덕 거렸어요 작은 밤에 너무 많은 침대를 넣은 것 같았고, 옷 걸 공간이나 락커가 부족해 불편했어요 여자 화장실과 남자화장실이 분리되어있는데도 불구하고 몇몇 남자와 커플들이 여자 화장실을 이용해 보기 좋지않았어요

It was a lovely stay the beds were good and clean. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the smell of the bathroom in my room because we were right next door.

• 28th May 2014

This hostel's location was not super close to the city center, which meant it was more isolated/creepier to walk around the area at night. There was no continental breakfast (charged 3 euros for toast, cereal, and coffee). They charged you to use the computers. The facilities were old, and a bit out of date. I stayed at Neptunes in Killarney, and received a great discount to stay at Sheilas, which made it affordable and reasonable.

Really small rooms, narrow and long. If you have your bag out you are pretty much taking up the whole floor. Only one locker under each bunk bed, so not everyone got one. Only one light for the whole room, not enough plug ins for everyone. The location was good, a short walk to the main street and buses and train station. My complaints are mostly about the small rooms and the noise. Every single night there was yelling and singing, which I suppose isn't the hostel's fault. Wasn't a great stay.

I thought it was probably an excellent place for young people to stay, but I probably won't go back. I realize people like to enjoy themselves, but the racket made by those returning in the wee hours from the pubs, took away from everything else.

Nothing to say except it was pleasant to be there, thanks a lot !

Shelia's was a decent hostel, I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. The mattresses were a little worn in and mine had a large worn groove along with lots of spring action. The location is about 10-15min walk to city centre and bus station. Breakfast wasn't included and had to pay extra 3 euro but they did have deals with a few local restaurants to get discounts. Tara Tea room is down the street and amazing!

I liked the hostel in general is well organized and clean. Not only offers free lockers in the room, no. Only have to rent out the room. The hostel is quite large even has a sauna and cinema! I have not used any of it, I was just a weekend, but the kitchen is large and very functional. When we return to Cork will stay in the same hostel.

The hostel is ok and convenient. But two things I did not like are: (1) I asked for an en-suite room to feel comfortable in my stay, but I got a room with two single thin beds laid on top of each other (double-decker), which wasn't good, and I almost hit my head in the upper bed a couple of times. (2) Checkout was at 10.30am which is not convenient at all (other hotels usually have it until 12, and sometimes 2 pm).

• 16th May 2014
  • Egypt

Really nice hostel, you definitely get what you are paying for and more. Great atmosphere and very accommodating staff.

The location was perfect because very near the Bus Station and the city centre, quite easy to find, very friendly staff, all facilities you need available and the quality/price ratio was great.

• 14th May 2014
  • Austria

Good value for the price. Only problem was that the walls on the rooms were very thin, but that's why I always have earplugs with me when travelling.

Nice hostel, clean showers and kitchen. Would go there again, when I am back in Cork.

Just got home from our trip. Sheila´s is always worth a visit. Cool people, outstanding staff.

• 10th May 2014

The staff was very friendly and we had all the things we needed. The only thing is that we could hear other guest during the night and in the morning.

• 9th May 2014

staff was awesome in giving feedback about good spots in the city. There's a common area with a kitchen and places to eat, great opportunity to meet others! Had trouble falling asleep because it was noisy but other than that it was an amazing stay!

• 9th May 2014