Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place has nothing in common with Amsterdam

Hostel was very well maintained, rooms are clean, staff was polite and Cafeteria gives very good vibes :)

• 13th Sep 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My friend and I had a great 4 nights at Shelter Jordan in Amsterdam. The staff were all very friendly and chatty, the homemade food on an evening was amazing, both in taste and value (6euros) and the beds were pretty comfy. The hostel in general was clean, however the ladies showers did become dirty very quickly as they were frequently used. We stayed in a four bed dorm, which was definitely worth the money. The only negative comment I have is that the hairdryers used all night long were loud.

• 8th Sep 2014

These are fairly common reviews, but more outlets in the rooms would be helpful and some things like the shower door need a deeper clean (some soap scum). But altogether, good location, friendly staff and warm atmosphere.

• 31st Aug 2014

I was really satisfied with Shelter Jordan. The staff were really nice and the atmosphere in the dormitory was also good even though I stayed with other 10 or more people. The locker and charging service were also good. The location was a little bit far from main station, but it was close to other famous places, so it was really convenient. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Rooms and common facilities were very nice and clean, BUT both urinals were blocked most of the time and the floor was wet, because of the water swapping over the urinals!

Generally it's excellent.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic spot - close to Anne Frank House and in the Jordaan district. I went with 3 of my children and felt really safe and well-looked after. Breakfasts and meals in the communal dining hall were great and the staff were really welcoming. Would definitely recommend it.

• 29th Aug 2014

Relatively cheap for Amsterdam, within walking distance of the main train station. Rooms are a little cramped and gloomy, but tolerable.

• 29th Aug 2014

They claim to be Christian hostel, but they are more a non value capitalist corporation. I just asked them for a very basic favor and I was rejected. If you are going there because it is a "Christian" hostel, you better think twice.

• Mexico

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, and hostel was in a very good location! I'd recommend this place hands down!

Very, very excellent hostel. The showers and toilets were a little dirty, but really it is no more dirty than what I tend to expect considering how many people use them daily. The food was amazing, the staff were all amazing. I loved that I was able to buy tickets for several museums right at the hostel and bypass lines. If I return to Amsterdam (and I hope to!) this is definitely the first place I will look :)

It was greatful

• 24th Aug 2014

It was a nice stay in this hostel, the atmosphere is friendly and the staff was great. Although that they are like a bar that offer food with fair price in the hostel, but they are no place to make our own food, so I think it will be a good idea to provide small place with the basic facilities of a kitchen.

There is a hair dryer in the shared bathrooms which was the first one we had come across on our travela,major plus! Lovely Australian fella working in the canteen aa well,staff were lovely overall :-)

Great place to go traveling with a group or alone. The free breakfast was great and you're bound to make friends! One night when my travel buddy and I didn't know what to do at night, we just stayed in the cafe and we all ended up watching a movie. I highly recommend this place.

The hostal was very well located, 20 minutes walk from the central station and in a nice area. It was clean and quiet. However, I red some comments about good breakfast, but I was dissapointed, it only consists of 3 pancakes and I could not even take 2 cups of tee. The staff does not know too much how to guide the tourist, but they are very polite.

It is more than 1 km from the central station. Very easy to access by tram. The breakfast is very nice and different everyday when i stay there. It is very close to ANNE'S HOUSE. The staff are nice and environment is very good.

The worst hostel ever.

I enjoyed my stay and I will definitely use your hostel again when I visit Amsterdam. Very nice staff and quality of the hostel is just super! :)

• 22nd Aug 2014