Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Shelter Jordan is a quiet and clean hostel, perfect for people who have a packed sightseeing program planed in Amsterdam. The stuff was friedly and the breakfast tasty, but i missed the vibe. I'm used to hostels where you habe a little cooking area for the guest (stove, pan, mikrowave, waterboiler...) but there was only a little fridge.... The hostel is pretty big. IN the time of our stay they host a school class, which supported the feeling of a youth hostel. Bring a multiple power outlet!

• 18th May 2015

overall very nice hostel. super clean and the staff were nice plus a nice breakfast every morning and cheap dinner options as well. it is a christian hostel though so you won't get advice on the red light district or great party spots but it is still a very nice place to stay near by everything but not too close to were you can't relax.

Really bad atmosphere, i slept in a 18 beds room and hadn't contact with anyone, anyone seens to be opened for conversations on the living room. And I know it's not a problem with me, because now I had just left a very smaller hostel where I just knew EVERYONE and made some real good friends. The breakfast is kind of ridiculous, the bread with cheese and ham comes 3 breads and only 1 cheese slice, 2 ham. I really won't recommend this hostel and think that the money I saved wasn't worth it.

Not a great experience at Shelter Jordan. The staff were friendly and helpful, it must be said, but the facilities (especially bathrooms) were awful, I got sick from their food, and I found the atmosphete oppressive and proselytizing. If youre Christian and are looking for a cheap place to spend a night or two I guess I would reccommend, but otherwise steer well clear from this place.

Very friendly staff. Most helpful. I will stay there again.

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

I really liked my stay at Hostel Shelter Jordan. The location is awesome, I actually just walked around the city and didn't need the public transport. Damrak is 20 minutes walk and also the Centraal Station as well. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere at the hostel was amazing - I felt myself very safe there. Generally the accommodation in Amsterdam is very expensivo, but I found Shelter Jordan was fair. I just did not like that there was no jack/plug in the rooms.

• 11th May 2015

Great staff, great WiFi, clean facilities and great free breakfast. The only bummer is that there aren't enough outlets for everyone to charge their devices in the rooms, but the front desk will. Loved having separate male-female dorms too. If you value your sleep and want a non-party hostel, stay here.

My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel! We were a little unsure about staying here since neither of us is religious, but we actually felt quite comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The 5 person bedroom was pretty small, but since we were rarely in the room it worked perfectly. It was in a fantastic location that was quiet but not too far from city centre. The hostel itself was also very quiet and peaceful. We will definitely be recommending this hostel to our friends!

Very nice, awesome hostel with great staff! Just a few steps away from the tramway to the city. Recommend it to everyone!!! ;))

It was so nice staying there! The staff were really nice and helpful. It's a small place but it's perfect location and good food and cafe!

• 10th May 2015

Hygiene can be improved. On arrival, bedsheets filled with lint. Toilet/shower doors in the girl's washroom filled with stains that emit a weird smell.

Nice hostel, good location with bike rental and many other conveniences.

• 9th May 2015

I have stayed in shelter jordan for 2 weeks in the 18 beds dorm. The location is great, you can access to most of the places on foot within 30mins. The facilities are good. The best part of the hostel is the friendly and helpful staffs, they made me feel like home. Best atmosphere among the hostels i have ever stayed. Highly recommended.

Very positive atmosphere, friendly staff High recommendations!

• Russia

Good hostel. Staff was very helpful. Rooms were a decent size along with lockers however only 1 outlet per room which is inconvenient. Showers were hot! Free breakfast was good. Location is a bit from the city center however tram and bus make it easy to reach.

• 4th May 2015

The security is good. Lockers are provided inside the room. The beds and washrooms are clean. It was nice to have breakfast served but the portion is a bit too small.

This was my second time coming back to this hostel and while it is a very safe place and I enjoy the free breakfast, it is lacking some things, like a good wifi connection. Also, there is no place to go in the morning until 8 am, so if you want to get up before then you should probably just leave the hostel because they don't allow you to sit in their common area while they prepare breakfast for some reason.

• 4th May 2015

The hostel is a great, quiet place with a good vibe. Everything is clean and nicely organised. Really enjoyed the stay there.

A great place, and wonderful staff members; the best ingredients for a memorable stay.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Algeria

Cozy place to stay for short time, close to a lot of attractions, recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7