Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really great safe spot to explore the city. Happily stay again!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very laid back community. They have lots of young people on working vacations that staff the hostel, so there are always cool people to hang out with. They're all super nice. All of the girls on staff are really cute (especially the German painter at the reception). Guys were either old or slightly antisocial but it was definitely a safe environment. Definitely not a party hostel but it's a great way to settle into the peaceful side of Amsterdam. Safest hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam.

Great little place, friendly staff and really great atmosphere. Breakfast was pretty decent too. 15 euro deposit for key.

• 15th Jan 2015

As a non-Christian I felt very comfortable in this hostel. It wasn't like other hostel's I've visited but it served it's purpose. It was a pleasant experience, met some nice people. Staff were also really professional, and most importantly, kind. Even though our stay wasn't long, they didn't try to bible bash us at all. If you're interested in becoming Christian on you're vacation, this might be a perfect place to start.

• 12th Jan 2015

I spent a night at the hostel with three of my friends and we really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. We stayed in a four person room that is a little small for four strangers but was perfect for my friends and I. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see and found a couple great coffee shops and restaurants in the Jordaan area. The hostel provides Christian activities but isn't uncomfortable for those who aren't Christians either.

• 10th Jan 2015

Overall good stay at this hostel. Was disappointed that we were not allowed to use the actual kitchen as it is only for the staff, although there is a small refrigerator and microwave provided (a kitchen is not listed under facilities.) Staff was welcoming. Typical metal bunk beds in the dorm, provided with a clean sheet and blanket. Know to bring your own lock for the lockers, or you can buy one from them for 4 euros. This hostel is in a cool area, about a 25 minute walk from the center.

Before i start, i stayed this hostel for just 1night. So what i saw, felt might be correct or incorrect. It was so clean, and there were friendly staffs. And breakfast and dinner(not always) included even though i ate dinner in different restaurant. However there was merely 1 plug in a room for 6people. So i had to take my phone to reception to charge although it was safe place. Lastly, They have key deposit €15.

I will rate the hostel as a very good one. It is just for a walking distance from the center in a nice neighborhood. The free breakfast is tasty, the rooms are a bit small. I recommend you bringing an electricity distributor, cause every room has only 1 slot. The Wi-Fi works fine, the staff is kind and the hostel is genuinely clean. I think i will come back here next time i'm in Amsterdam. Thx for the hospitality and for the great staff!

never checked in

The staff was amazing, approachable, very helpful, and helped to build a very welcoming community even though I was only there for one night. There is also a city walk I caught that morning and the staff took us out to tour the smaller side of Amsterdam. Breakfast was also included, even if you aren't there during breakfast times. I would stay here again for sure!

• 2nd Jan 2015

The people working here are very friendly and clearly want to be there. I am not really a Christian but I would gladly stay here again. Amsterdam is a such a party city it's nice to have a quiet and clean place to stay. I was here around new years and the prices were not as jacked up as other hostels at this time. Jordan is a very nice area, not in the center of things but not very far away either- a beautiful part of the city.

• 30th Dec 2014

I'm not religious, but never felt it was pushed at me. Everyone is a lot more considerate and made for one of my better hostel experiences. It's nothing fancy, but it's more than sufficient

Extremelly polite, welcoming and simpathetic staff, always smiling and willing to help. Lockers could bd bigger, though. Ps: In the question "comment was made in:", "Brazilian" is a language option, but in Brazil we speak Portuguese, with a different accent and different slangs.

• 28th Dec 2014

Didn't personally find the atmosphere very friendly/sociable, and there were no power outlets in the rooms, though reception would charge your electronics for you. Not a bad hostel, just pretty basic.

The facilities were not the best for sure.

• 26th Dec 2014

The rooms are quite small, as are the lockers - you're encouraged by signs to leave your things in the tiny locker, or the luggage room downstairs. Only one power socket in the room, though the staff at reception will charge yor devices for you. Hot breakfast was great! While the hostel is located outside the main section of the city, Jordaan has some great places to eat and interesting shops. Close to Ann frank's house. Definitely not a party hostel.

It was pleasant place for us - me and my mom. We spend here the new-year's week - whole 8 days, and they were very comfortable. Also, then we faced a problem, Shelter Jordan's stuff helped us so much!! They were really helpful. I want to thank everyone at this hostel. It is really best place for stay!!!

• Russia
  • All Female Group, 41+

The Staff was excellent und I liked to know people all over the world. I think all was good.

• Chile

Security is great you need the card to enter, they don't have curfew. The location is really good, near the Anna Frank house. The staff is super friendly and if you need some advices they'll love to help you. I stayed with them 24 and 25 december 2014, they gave us free breakfast and a free christmas dinner it was awesome! really a great comfty atmosphere. The only drawback from the clanliness was that the bathroom smelled like weed a lot, but it's not their fault, they do clean it.

The staff was really friendly, really helpful, and overall very welcoming. One night during my stay, a drunk guy came in the room (the room with the most beds is left unlocked) and was shouting that he wanted his bed. I even got my towel stolen. The hostel is great, but I really think more security should be placed on the largest room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7