Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staffs are very friendly, but Room is very small even it was hard to leave luggages in the room. Wifi speed is very poor and there is no plugs to charge electronics in the room. also the bed is uncomfortable....

It is a great hostel, the service of all the employees is excellent, the food and coffee is delicious.

I had an absolutely WONDERFUL experience at Shelter Jordan! the staff was incredibly friendly, genuine and hospitable without being pushy. I appreciated the city walk experience as a chance to "meet the city" and meet more people (despite the rain!) Honestly, this was the best hostel experience I've ever had!

• 19th Feb 2015

Perfect hostel for people who wants a calm and cozy place to stay in Amsterdam. It's clean, comfortable and people are very friendly. They have good options for breakfast too. I recommend it!

The staff was great, the bathroom is clean, breakfast is better than I expected and the wifi orks well!! I would stay again!!

It was wonderfull to stay at Shelter Jordan. The people that work here are so kind and inspiring. They make your stay even better. Staying at the Shelter Jordan was the best experience I had in Amsterdam!

• Belgium

Everything was amazing, I loved my stay there, helpful and very friendly staff, great food and comfortable and safe environment. I would love to come back :)

Very nice place

• 16th Feb 2015

The four-bed room I was in (Dam) is rather cramped, small. The temperature in the room was not warm enough, personally I did not mind that but an extra cover is needed in February.

• 16th Feb 2015

It is very well located and safe. People are also very helpful and friendly. The cafe has a very nice atmosphere and the breakfast is great. However, I would like to suggest an earlier option of breakfast, at 7am for example. So we can leave the hostel very early and enjoy the city.

• 15th Feb 2015

Everything was good. I felt safe and comfortable, however the heater was not working and they provided me an extra blanket just for one night, so it was a little cold but definitely I would come back there.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

It was a great days!! The breakfast is delicious!

The hostel is located realy close to Anne Frank's house, in a quiet street. The staff is AMAZING, the best I ever met. They are nice, friendly and helpfull. Saturday there was free dinner and although I was one hour late, they were kind enough to make me a plate with dessert. Breakfast is great too! The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom (the shower and the cabinets) and the fact that my room was cold. Anyway, had a great experience there!

Excelente hostel!

Shelter Jordan was my first hostel experience and it was more than I expected!! The staff were great and very friendly and helpful! I felt very safe and secure in this hostel. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm and it was very quiet and people were very respectful. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. The free breakfast was phenomenal!! They made it fresh for you that morning and it was homemade. They do a free dinner every weekend as well which was great and allowed you meet different people!

• 12th Feb 2015

Besides the fact that there were very few plugs at the hostel, this was a great experience. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Everyone spoke at least two or three languages (dutch, english, and usually spanish). The hot breakfast was also very good. Overall a great hostel.

• 12th Feb 2015

A great hostel, located in one of the prettiest areas of Amsterdam, at walking distance from everything. A very clean, quiet and friendly place. + The staff was extremely helpful on my 1st day - my credit card and my phone didn't work anymore for some reason (the nightmare of all travellers). They let me use the hostel's facilities (and their own phone) until some money was transfered to me by a friend and I could pay for my stay. Thanks ever so much for that !

It was one of the best hostel I stayed since I travel. It's a christian hostel, but you don't feel pushed in any ways. You just can feel the respect and the calm. People play guitar and piano in the kitchen it's lovely. The breakfast is amazing! I had muesli and yogourt with a fruit and a coffee. The only thing is that there is not enough plugs to charge cellphones in the room, but they can charge it for you at the reception!

This is my first time to stay in a Christian hostel and the experience was awesome! The staff showed excellent hospitality and the atmosphere of the cafe was great. Nice breakfast! You can't miss the free walking tour they provide!

The staff are very pleasing and its a perfect youth hostel. If you are well behaved then you will like this place. I loved the 2 girls in the kitchen who despite last minute reservations had food for us and the guy at the reception desk was patient enough to answer all our questions. It is perfect for someone travelling during the day and returning for sleep.

• 6th Feb 2015