Shelter Jordan

Fabulous 6940 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
5.7

Room was cramped, annoying how we had to show our "identity cards" every time we entered the hostal. Saw a mouse run down the wall next to the games area. Not that pleasant

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2017

Everything was perfect! I would gladly come back.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2017

Shelter Jordan is amazing! My friend and I had a great time there! I totally recommend it! The location, the breakfast ( every day you have three options to choose) and the staff are awesome! I plan to go back to Amsterdam, and I will definitely choose Shelfer Jordan again!

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017
7.1

Ideal for solo travellers if safety is a concern; the best efforts are made to ensure anyone entering the hostel is a guest and single gender floors add to a more secure feeling. Location was ideal, just a 5 minute walk from the Anne Frank house! Free breakfast was good though access to a kitchen would be useful. Didn't get much from the atmosphere, nobody seemed very sociable, but maybe that says more about who was staying at the time

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

Shelter jordan was fabulous! Located right in the city centre and a stones throw away from the Anne frank house! Staff were very kind, breakfast was great, and noise levels were low so you can sleep no problem! Overall great experience I would return for sure!

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

First time staying in a multiple person room (18) and it was great. Super clean areas, comfy beds. Everyone respected each other & I felt safe leaving my stuff out. Staff all speak English (as does whole of city) & the location is superb, you can walk everywhere & there's many cafes, museums, shops & supermarkets around. Free breakfast was a great bonus (I always got muesli & they had almond milk which I appreciated) WIFI in room wasn't too great but good in common room. I'd stay again!

• Norway, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
7.4

When we came back two nights in a row our door was open because the staff forgot to lock it after cleaning, not OK! other than that is was superduper nice! friendly staff and clean.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

It was lovely staying in this hostel! Even though I am not religious myself, I was welcomed with open arms. The staff was very kind and they were always up for a chat, which was really nice. If I come back to Amsterdam, I will definitely be staying there again!

• France, All Female Group, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

Shelter Jordan is a great hostel, ideally located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood and a short walk from the city center. Staff was very welcoming and helpful. Beds and facilities are new, clean and comfortable. We were a group of 8 girls, we stayed in two four-bed rooms and had nothing to complain about :) Also, breakfast is included and worth it. Couldn't ask for more! Price was a little high but on a weekend in July, this hostel was actually the cheapest. We definitely recommend it ;)

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2017
7.7

Shelter Jordan was very clean, welcoming and accomadating. All of the staff and other guests were very friendly, and as non-Christians we all felt relatively comfortable there. The location was great- we could walk to the centre in about 35 mins yet still had the benefit of being far enough out that we got to see the local Amsterdam behind the tourists. The free breakfast was also really good. My biggest criticism by a significant amount was that the hostel was so expensive for what you got.