Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was very amused and surprised of this hostel. The staff is very dedicated and very open. This is a Christian minded Hostel and you should then also (to my belief) take part in the meditation or discussion in the evening as of 19.30. The facilities are very clean. In my room though the floor was a bit sticky (maybe somebody spilled something), but it wasn't mobbed the next day. They do hoovering every day. But overall a big plus to this hostel.

Though the paid staff is great, the volunteers who are welcomed for cleaning damage the image of the hostel being a christian hostel, with unasked for "future telling"with tarrot cards, and unasked for recomendations for coffeeshops (to buy drugs) by others. Staff though understood my complaints about this, and dealt with it in the right way, But for me it was a reason to cancel my stay alltogether and decide not to go back anymore.

Friday night dutch food testing is great, staff are awesome.

I loved my stay at Shelter Jordan, the staff were really friendly and helpful and I liked the fact they add little events for the hostel guests and the staff to do together.

• 4th Feb 2016

Wifi did not work in the rooms, but beds were comfy

Very sheltered place, great meeting place with people from all over the world. You can even sit in the big living room never getting bored. Location is really quiet, outside the business of the town centre, although it's just minutes away with the tram. The lockers in the dorms are big enough for a back pack, everything is clean, the air is good, just a place where you feel you're in the shelter of the Almighty,

Very nice atmosphere, the is too friendly and helpful. Personally it was excellent. Thanx shelters

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Algeria

Friendly staff, good breakfast and a fantastic location

Living at Shelter Jordan was perfect. The staff was very nice, the hostel was very clean and its location was perfect as well. The tram station was close and the region was a quiet one. My stay was perfect. ☺

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Mauritius

Great homemade breakfast and very kind staff.

The staff was awesome and very friendly!

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

A very good hostel. Location and cleaniss are great.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

The hostel itself is nice! however the bathrooms need a good clean and there isn't enough room in the dorms. This means you are constantly stepping onto someone. The free breakfast is a plus! Also the hostel does not have a kitchen only a microwave and fringe. This means cooking meals is hard especially when it costs money for hot water.

It's a hostel near the centre, there are only 15-20 minutes walking to the central station, but I like it because we decided to see Ana Frank house, the Damm place, and some important places near it. Good location, confortable, with 2 options in the breakfast and there are cheap possibilities for lunch or dinner, too. I liked the people working inside it and I met new guys . It's a good option to sleep some nights and visit Amsterdam.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Spain

I loved my stay here! Not only did I feel a sense of connection with the members of staff: they went out of their way to help me and other guests. The food was good and the intention to meet guests needs beyond reproach. I felt really safe and I'll be back!

• 22nd Jan 2016

It's a great budget hostel. People are nice and friendly in check-in and answering any tourism information. I have a great night staying in Shelter. It is much appreciate if kitchen is provided to make our own meal.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Really good hostel. Has all you need, very safe and perfect location. Surprisingly cheap, perfect for people on a budget. Only negative point: a guy was cleaning the ladies showers at the busiest time of the day. I've never seen that anywhere before and found it really inappropriate....

• 20th Jan 2016

Shelter Jordan was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. It was so lovely to meet so many interesting people from so many different places, and be so well looked after. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 19th Jan 2016

No comments

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Belarus

Very good. Near tram stop.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7