Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I felt I was looked on with suspicion, constantly being asked for prof of residency. I fully understand and support the need for security but at times the tone and many of some staff made me uncomfortable. I suspect my age was the reason. I have stayed hear many times in the past and felt welcomed. If age is an issue an age restriction may be the way forward. If age is not an issue then the question arises would I have received the same negativity if I was gay or a person of colour?

The location of the hostel is perfect. So if though it´s not perfect it´s a good place to explore Amsterdam. The staff was very welcoming, nice and helpful. Negativ aspects: no kitchen - but you can buy something.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great place to stay, lovely people!

• 13th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff and a well-priced room in the city about 20 minutes walk from the van Gogh museum and near to the Jordaan.

A very nice atmosphere, all the staff was so kindly and friendly. The organization of the space in the rooms was clever. Nice experience!

• 11th Apr 2015

It was frustrating that there weren't any electrical outlets on the top floor.

Considering that this was my first stay at any hostel I was pleasantly surprised by the warm kindness that that was given there. The staff is really kind and wonderful very upbeat beautiful people, people who enjoy working there. The overall experience was great everything was kept clean and tidy. Breakfast was wonderful and the common room was a delight. Had an amazing time there, and I hope to return one day.

• 9th Apr 2015

Recommended for the good price & location. Don't expect luxury but all basic needs are met. Free hot breakfast tasted good.

There are no plugs in room (18 male), if you want to charge your mobile devices, you have to leave reception. Breakfast was good and include the prices. Staff was nice.

Shelter Jordan is really very good hostel for people who are travelling alone or who wants to stay with only females or males. There is also option of mixed group. The location is perfect, 20min walk from centraal station and you can cover main spots by walk.The staff is very nice and reception is open for 24×7. Breakfast is included. I liked the atmosphere most- peaceful place.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • India

See my just-published story on Student Travel Planning Guide.com--http://studenttravelplanningguide.com/a-top-hostel-choice-for-budget-travelers-in-amsterdam/

• 4th Apr 2015

It was weird to get out of the shower and see a man cleaning the female bathroom. But ok. The breakfast was nice and the staff was always helpful. I was shocked that they are all volunteers! Great location also!

Staff was very friendly and they guided me reach the places which I had planned to visit. I had a problem in the locker provided, when informed , they fixed it immediately. Packed breakfast on the day I was leaving was a good thing. Thank you.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • India

The location wasn't too bad! and it was fairly easy to find!! We were in a room with 18 other people and the heater was broken and it was pretty cold!! Seems like only the staff looked at it but no manager came to apologize which would've been nice. The food was good except we got the breakfast to go one morning and mine was FROZEN. Wasn't too impressed and then other mornings it would be nice to have more of a continental option and the hot breakfast took a little too long...

• 3rd Apr 2015

The only thing I would have to complain about was the fact that the heating wasn't working in our room for our three-day stay. Other than that, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and I felt very comfortable and safe!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Was an alright stay. Didn't spend much time at the hostel. But the rooms were very small. Nowhere to keep my suitcase so I felt like it and anything else was always in the way of everyone. The hostel was a bit far from the center, not too bad though. I think the prices were definitely too high.

Who wiould not love Shelter Jordan and Its staff? Stayed there during the Easter Weekend, it was one of my most comfortable stays. The staffs are all helpful and friendly and I love the idea of their way of preaching Christianity. Do not worry, they would not force it on you, but preach by their very own actions. They did an Easter Night and offered us free Indonesian style dinner and we played card games with the staffs too. The breakfast is great, everything is just awesome!

Friendly and helpful staff.Only one charge in female room,its kind of inconvenient even they provide charge service in the reception.

The staff was super nice and friendly. However, they are not very knowledgeable on things in Amsterdam. Also don't go on the canal cruise through the hostel. The canal cruise is really cheap but not very good.

• 2nd Apr 2015

There was very cold in the dorms! Staff welcoming and helpful, breakfast great, it was worth the price and fulfilled expectations. Great location!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015