Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

No in room lockers big enough for packs, whilst religious not overly pushy about it ... Average hostel nothing bad but nothing outstanding

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff was very friendly. I would love to stay at this hostel again. The breakfast was delicious as well. I am definitely recommending others to go to Shelter Jordan.

• 26th Sep 2014

I felt extremely safe while staying at Shelter Jordan, and I think that's why I liked it so much, Despite sharing a bedroom with 18 girls, I knew that both my belongings and myself were safe. Additionally, the staff was extremely helpful and the free breakfast was great! It didn't feel like a hostel, it felt like a home.

Shelter Jordan felt like a second home from the very first moment I entered it. The staff are extremely welcoming and do their job very well. Perfect for any number of nights, as the facilities are very nice. The food included is very nice considering the price, and one can always ask to have something done a bit different - they will comply in any way they can. I cannot stress how nice and safe this place feels, so if you want a place to stay that feels like a home, go to Shelter Jordan!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Location is a bit far but close to the bus station to the airport. room is tiny and there is only one power socket for the 4 bed dorm! Shower floor is at the same level with the washroom so water will flood everywhere. Otherwise staff are very friendly and they do make huge efforts trying to help. Security is excellent and this is the only place I stayed that ask for hostel card for entry.

This is my first time to stay at a hostel and the staffs are nice. I enjoy the stay however, it would be great if they can make the room light brighter. I was expecting to attend the bible discussion but somehow I didn't see any. Good and safe location, great price.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Belize

Most/all of the staff were volunteers who were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included so it's incredibly good value. There is no kitchen for guests but I'd recommend the dinner at 6 Euros. It's a good and quiet location near a tram station. It is secure as they check your voucher on entry. The dorm had large lockers (bring you own lock). There was a lack of power sockets - only 1 for the room of 5 so you need to ask the staff at reception to charge your phone.

This place has nothing in common with Amsterdam

Hostel was very well maintained, rooms are clean, staff was polite and Cafeteria gives very good vibes :)

• 13th Sep 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

My friend and I had a great 4 nights at Shelter Jordan in Amsterdam. The staff were all very friendly and chatty, the homemade food on an evening was amazing, both in taste and value (6euros) and the beds were pretty comfy. The hostel in general was clean, however the ladies showers did become dirty very quickly as they were frequently used. We stayed in a four bed dorm, which was definitely worth the money. The only negative comment I have is that the hairdryers used all night long were loud.

• 8th Sep 2014

These are fairly common reviews, but more outlets in the rooms would be helpful and some things like the shower door need a deeper clean (some soap scum). But altogether, good location, friendly staff and warm atmosphere.

• 31st Aug 2014

I was really satisfied with Shelter Jordan. The staff were really nice and the atmosphere in the dormitory was also good even though I stayed with other 10 or more people. The locker and charging service were also good. The location was a little bit far from main station, but it was close to other famous places, so it was really convenient. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Rooms and common facilities were very nice and clean, BUT both urinals were blocked most of the time and the floor was wet, because of the water swapping over the urinals!

Generally it's excellent.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic spot - close to Anne Frank House and in the Jordaan district. I went with 3 of my children and felt really safe and well-looked after. Breakfasts and meals in the communal dining hall were great and the staff were really welcoming. Would definitely recommend it.

• 29th Aug 2014

Relatively cheap for Amsterdam, within walking distance of the main train station. Rooms are a little cramped and gloomy, but tolerable.

• 29th Aug 2014

They claim to be Christian hostel, but they are more a non value capitalist corporation. I just asked them for a very basic favor and I was rejected. If you are going there because it is a "Christian" hostel, you better think twice.

• Mexico

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, and hostel was in a very good location! I'd recommend this place hands down!

Very, very excellent hostel. The showers and toilets were a little dirty, but really it is no more dirty than what I tend to expect considering how many people use them daily. The food was amazing, the staff were all amazing. I loved that I was able to buy tickets for several museums right at the hostel and bypass lines. If I return to Amsterdam (and I hope to!) this is definitely the first place I will look :)

It was greatful