Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice people, and located in a great neighborhood. But it was loud, incredibly hot. No ventilation in the very small rooms. Delicious free breakfast.

In a very nice area, hostel jordan seems far from just about everything but amsterdam is pretty small, so don't feel hesitant to stay here! Food is good, staff is nice, and though it is definitely a Christian hostel I never felt pressured about religion.

I felt a little bored but I guess it's what I signed up for, they don't allow drugs or booze. Otherwise it's great if you just want somewhere to relax and chill out and not deal with partygoers.

All good. Staff was super friendly, were smiling and seemed genuine from the heart. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a safe place to stay...they are making every nationality feel at home and try to help as much as they can

Shelter Jordan was good, it was what I expected from a hostel. I didn't know breakfast was included in the price and it was nice to have it included. Location is also convenient, it takes 20-25 mins to get to centre by walk.

It was such a pleasure stay, i will come back for sure

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Very nice staff. Good meals offered. Bathrooms need a deep intensive cleaning. Great location. Lockers in rooms are a good size. It is a Christian hostel that feels safe in a city that is famous for drugs. No over religious pressure at all. Just nice people!

Was really good, great staff would definitely recommend

• 10th Jul 2014

A great find! Very friendly and helpful staff-- great directions-- easy to find-- great location! I'll come again if I stop through Amsterdam.

• 7th Jul 2014

Really good hostel! Near Anne Frank's house and awesome breakfast. I would totally go back and recomend this hostel! Cheers!

Male and female dorms are separated (women 1st floor, men 2nd one) but the ALL floors are completely prohibited for one or for the other gender. Quite Incredible i think. What are they afraid of that we can not even go to the 'female corridor'? Thanks God, i'm gay. Except for that, good place to stay. Really nice breakfast.

• 6th Jul 2014

This hostel is in a peaceful and trendy area of Amsterdam. The staff sas very helpful, the breakfast id Ok (pancakes!!!) i will recommend this place! ✌️👍

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Located in the beautiful Jordaan district, the Shelter Jordan is conveniently located near the Anne Frank Huis and a variety of small shops. Their staff is a little disorganized at times, but is extremely warm and friendly. They also saved our butts the first night because we had screwed up our hostel reservation by a day and found ways to accommodate us for the night. There is a lovely free breakfast, and convenient phone charging at the front desk. It was a great experience!

• 5th Jul 2014

Very nice and cozy hostel, good location, very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this place. I would definitely stay at this hostel again! :)

Very good breakfast and friendly staff. We had a nice stay at the hostel.

• Poland

Terrible hostel. Worst I've ever stayed 1) reception opens the luggage room for anyone n everyone without checking tags 2) checking in/out is very slow. This lady called Esther even said to her fellow recep to just ignore the q n take her own time 3 room is like a jail - dark, windows that can't be open, no heater/ AC 4) recep knows nothing - fares, recommended restaurants, things to do etc 5) room extremely dusty and smelled dank 6) only 1 power outlet and everyone had to fight

• Singapore

The staff were extremely confused because they were all volunteers. It's a cool system but it was an extremely frustrating experience

Rooms clean, fscilities good, free breakfast was appreciated and staff very friendly, location was great. Unfortunately two of my roommates, in a 4share room, came in at 3am and would not stop talking! albeit quietly! they just kept going! Room was a stuffy..

• 4th Jul 2014

Quite a nice place. Some problems with Wi-Fi.

Wish I'd been told in advance to bring a lock. There are very few plugs, and it's a challenge to get your phone charged at the reception because everyone wants to do so. But apart from that the staff was very friendly, and I felt safe given that I slept in a huge dorm in a hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014