Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I knew it was a Christian hostel, but I didn't realize te extent of it until I got there. No drugs or alcohol, bibles and Jesus paintings everywhere. Group prayer meetings. Etc. All of that is fine and it is a friendly atmosphere but if you are like me, you want something a little more fun. Especially in Amsterdam.

Very friendly staff and was very helpful! The location is great and a hot breakfast is included which was nice! Would stay here again!

• 27th Jul 2014

Good hostel, staff very nice. Good breakfast.

The 8 person all female dorm is way too small to hold that many people. Two people cannot enter/exit the room at the same time. Unrealistic. However, the staff is very friendly!

It was obvious that we had to have a lock for our lockers in the dorms but since we did not think about it we had to buy some from the hostel. That was at that point to a good surprise. When we left it was irritating though that the hostel did not want our locks back. We didnt need them anymore and some else who didnt have one could have easily used them.

My friend and I had a very good stay at Shelter Jordan! Location couldn't be better, we visited the main spots all by walking. Staff and atmosphere were very good, we felt among friends. The (shared) bathroom eventually got a little messy, but that's also credited to the guests. I just couldn't find any descriptions of the bathroom being shared on the website. It would be good to have some information related to that. The real complaint I have is about having only one outlet in the room! :/

all the staff are really kind and friendly... the cleaners, the reception desk, the cookers...... I think this is the characteristic of this hostel.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice hostel, a very caring international staff The rooms are a little bit crowded. The location is almost perfect near Anne Frank's house. Too expensive for the service given. A nice place to stay for a short break in Amsterdam

• 23rd Jul 2014

地點還不錯好找!(the location is easy to find) 而且還附早餐,這點很棒!(the brackfast is include, this is excellent) 我是住女房是18人,有櫃子但要自己帶鎖。(I lived in a dorm female room, you will have cabinet but you have to bring your own lock, or you can buy there) 衛浴室設備也不錯,大體上都很不錯。很適合背包客旅住,如果你有大行李可能會沒地方放 (overall is good, it's fit for the backpacker, but if you have a big badge maybe there will not a lot of place to fit in) have a good trip^^

i just stayed for one night and felt everything quite comfortable. very impressed with the stuff made breakfast:)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • China

Very hostel! The staff is very helpful and always in a good mood. The accommodations are great and the location of the hostel was really good. They have this mini vouchers that can give you discount in some of the attractions. Plus they serve free breakfast - that's a rarity. I super recommend.

• 20th Jul 2014

I highly recommend this hostel. The directions of how to get to the hostel from the airport were easy to follow and very simple. The bus did cost 5 euro instead of the estimated 4, though. The staff made us feel right at home. Check in was quick and easy. The staff were so friendly and helpful - they were absolutely wonderful! The rooms and bathroom were very clean and nice. I felt very safe and secure. There is a girls floor and a guys floor, and each of the room has a key.

• 20th Jul 2014

Very nice people, and located in a great neighborhood. But it was loud, incredibly hot. No ventilation in the very small rooms. Delicious free breakfast.

It would be nice if it was possible to stay at hostel (in rooms) earlier than 13.30, especially after the road all through the night. It is great that it is possible to stay in garden or café, but in case of tiredness it would be nice to have a sleep in the room. Another thing - maybe you can think about some computers available for the guests of the hostel in case it is needed to find something about the town, check e-mail or check-in a flight ticket for the following trip. Thank you!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel was expensive if you compare it to what you are actually getting; the rooms only had one socket to plug the chargers (even though it was an 8 person dorm). They offered to charge your phone at the reception but it was not practical. I had a little accident while in Amsterdam, and I asked at the reception if they could lend me their phone to call a doctor, and they said "No" and when I asked for directions to a public phone nearby, they did not know. That wasn't very helpful.

Everything was great (especially that it's very clean), but I hope next time there is wifi in the rooms.

• 17th Jul 2014

In a very nice area, hostel jordan seems far from just about everything but amsterdam is pretty small, so don't feel hesitant to stay here! Food is good, staff is nice, and though it is definitely a Christian hostel I never felt pressured about religion.

Very good organization for a christanity hoste and volunteer 's staff.

• 16th Jul 2014

I felt a little bored but I guess it's what I signed up for, they don't allow drugs or booze. Otherwise it's great if you just want somewhere to relax and chill out and not deal with partygoers.

Very well located. Good rooms and beds, with a locker next to each bed. The bathroom is nice. The breakfast is also very good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7