Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostal was very well located, 20 minutes walk from the central station and in a nice area. It was clean and quiet. However, I red some comments about good breakfast, but I was dissapointed, it only consists of 3 pancakes and I could not even take 2 cups of tee. The staff does not know too much how to guide the tourist, but they are very polite.

The worst hostel ever.

I enjoyed my stay and I will definitely use your hostel again when I visit Amsterdam. Very nice staff and quality of the hostel is just super! :)

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is very average. An American girl working at reception threatened to kick me out of hostel if I forget to show my receipt.

A great hostel in a fantastic location, close to Rozengratz's shops and cafes and the Anne Frank House, as well as an easy walk to tram lines. Good beds too! The staff and the common room/cafe really made it for me, though. Everyone who worked/volunteered at the hostel was super friendly and more than willing to chat, hang out, offer help or recommend places to go. They were always friendly and their warmth infused the whole place! Cafe had good food and was a great place to hang out.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very nice, comfortable, friendly, welcoming place to stay. The staff were helpful, the food was good, the place was in a great location on a residential street but close to the centre. I would recommend this hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very high security

• 10th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was so nice and I loved staying here. There is a great option to work for a bed for 28 days without a work visa if you are looking for an extended stay. :)))

I stayed twice: on 8 and 16 august for one night.I payed for 8beds room and if you do not have bed under/below,there isnt place/chair to put bagagge to take something and I do not like to put my baggage on bed of someonelse as somebody did on mine last night. I found sheets dirty. In both dates staff at recepetion was not well informed and I stayed for long time in front of them before somebody ask me : do you need something? probably what was on tv/pc was more interesting.chararcters finished

• 8th Aug 2014

We received a warm welcome, the dinner was very fine and our sleep was good. What could be a little bit better: The cleanness.

• Switzerland

I recommend the shelter jordan! During our stay there were no problems at all - the staff was always friendly- the rooms simple but clean! Only the bathroom could use some airrefreshener, but the overall experience was very good!

• 8th Aug 2014

Located close to the city centre. Great value for money. My only suggestion would be to have more charging points in the dorms.

• India

The hostel wasnt what i expected. The let anyone come into the rooms at any time (4/5 in the morning) and that isnt correct. I couldnt sleep all night because of that. Also, i think that they dont switch the sheets of the bed. My friend got lices after spending two nights there. the breakfast wasnt good for me. Just few options i didnt like any of it

• Argentina

We picked the Shelter Jordan because of it being a Christian hostel. All of the staff were very courteous and helpful when we had any questions. Breakfast was great! Beds were comfy. Close to the tram. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

very friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet area, only 2 km walk to main station, close to tram station, no big hostel, wifi works, kind staff who like to make your breakfest

• 2nd Aug 2014

The staff were very nice, although they mostly were foreigners. The facilities are very safe and nice that breakfast is included.

I really liked that there is a charging service offered, considering there aren't enough outlets for everyone to charge their phone in the (18 bed female) dorm. The free breakfast was great!!

• 30th Jul 2014

This was the second time I've stayed at the Shelter Jordan, I've enjoyed each time, and I would certainly stay there again. My only (very mild) criticisms are (1) the hot breakfasts are a little uninspired and (2) it would be helpful to have a computer available for email. John Case johnhecase@yahoo.com

• 30th Jul 2014

I knew it was a Christian hostel, but I didn't realize te extent of it until I got there. No drugs or alcohol, bibles and Jesus paintings everywhere. Group prayer meetings. Etc. All of that is fine and it is a friendly atmosphere but if you are like me, you want something a little more fun. Especially in Amsterdam.

I had a really good time at Shelter Jordan. As a lone traveller i'm very glad i was able to stay in a place where the staff are so welcoming and generous with the facilities and meals. I doubt i would have had such a good holiday if i'd stayed in an expensive hotel.

• 27th Jul 2014