Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really did enjoy my stay at Jordan shelter. It was central to most of the city activities and I was really impressed at how lovely all the staff members were. And helpful. And pretty good cooks. Having a breakfast was really a good way to start the day without having to worry of looking for somewhere suitable. I just wish there were more of these hostels throughout Europe. Congrats to all and keep up the good work. Only -ve. I needed more fresh air in the room.

This nice and clean hostel is ran by christians and you can take tram to here from central station for 10minutes or walk for 30minutes. The breakfast is quite good. The only thing imperfect is not key for room but lockers are inside the room.

1. appreciate the christian theme of the hostel (eg. food tasting, nice volunteers...) 2. i stay in the 18 female dorm where 4 ppl share 1 socket which is very inconvenient 3. i love the way they keep our luggage safe in the storage room (eg. everyone goes inside the hostel must show the hostel voucher; they will double check if we get our own luggage through sticking numbers on the stored luggage)

During my time in europe it was one of the most complete hostels that I have stayed.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great breakfasts, friendly people, and just an overall lovely atmosphere! I would love to stay here again :)

Awesome location. Sweet staff and I love that they're volunteers. If you're coming to Amsterdam to party then this wouldn't be the place for you. I met a lot of nice people that I ended up touring around the city with. Not the cleanness nor does it have the nicest facilities but the building has character. Free breakfast was nice.

Everything was brillant, apart from the distance of the hostel from Amsterdam Centraal Station.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Staff were very nice, and breakfast was good.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Shelter Jordan had a pleasant and quiet atmosphere. The dorms had individual lockers for your suitcase and the shared bathrooms were clean and spacious. The free breakfast was a definite highlight. Would recommend.

Small hostel in a wonderful, "local" area of the city away from the tourist trap center. Staff was really nice, rooms small (but clean) and bathrooms decent size (clean as well). Just next to a tram line that will get you to central station in 10 minutes. Breakfast offered for 5 euro, but we are at the cafe just next to it which was very good. Only downside is lack of social areas and no kitchen for cooking/storing food. Overall a great stay though- I'd go back

lovely stay at your hostel, no problems - just what we needed!

The Breakfast was really Good and the People working there are always willing to help. I didnt like that you have to whisper in the room and no Food or drinks are allowed. There is no avamigable kitchen to Cook, But they sell Food at Good prices.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Free breakfast was awesome. I really disliked that the room locks were not automatic because I noticed no one seemed to ever lock them. So you could feasibly walk off the street and into my room and never encounter a locked door. My other favorite was the hand dryer located next to the bathroom door, which is at the end of hallway where no one closes the bathroom door, so it sounds like a vacuum cleaner every 5 minutes all day long. They also didn't accept 1 or 2 penny euros & had a 15 euro depo

This hostel was very good, rooms were a bit squishy with 8 girls with large backpacks but beds were comfy. Did not love the breakfast system of them preparing for you. They were supposed to have hot breakfast every morning but both days I was there the grill was not working or something. All in all good hostel and great location right by Anne Frank house.

• 3rd Jul 2015

It was a very nice stay. Clean and quiet.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The cafeteria was very nice. I really liked the food items on offer. Also, the beds were clean and they cleaned the rooms everyday which was a nice factor.

One of the best hostels I've been to. Power points and reading lights at every bed. Clean hostel. There's a big lounge with a piano and guitars. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And they cooked me French toast for breakfast, included in the price!

A great place to stay! As a group of 6 girls we all loved it! The dining room was brilliant

• 29th Jun 2015

Extremely helpful and welcoming staff, awesome free breakfast, good wifi. Good atmosphere.

I thought for an 18 bed dorm the price was pretty high.

• 29th Jun 2015