Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was great, except for a bad smell in one corner of the room.

I loved this 'little' hostel. The staff were so kind warm and helpful that i felt immediately at 'home'. I actually enjoyed returning after a hectic day sight seeing as their was an atmosphere of domestic calm and order that was an antidote to the hedonism of the city. Reflecting on my short stay at Shelter Jordan I can confidently say that i hold it and the memories of my lovely time in Amsterdam with equal fondness. Thank you.

• 18th Aug 2015

It's in a nice and safe neighborhood and has good river around. The staffs are really nice and the warm breakfast was quite good. The facilities are a bit old but it was alright to use. Nice and secure hostel within good price.

It was wonderful to stay there, staff there are very helpful and responsible to each person. Breakfast was good, bed was comfy and it is close to reach central station.

Great place with great volunteers, close to every good spot to see in Amsterdam. I really recomand to stay on it !

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel is in a great location, and the staff is very friendly. Unfortunately, I don't think it has the best value for money. I stayed in a 18 bed all female dorm. There was only one socket for every four beds! I don't think it would cost much for them to buy an extension cord so that each bed had their own plug. The front desk does offer to charge your things for you, though. I could only see 4 toilets and showers on my floor even though there were other rooms on the floor.

the ostel is clean beautiful and near the centre

This place is a light in a dark place. "They will know you are Christians by your love" and "By their fruit you will recognize them." That is Hostel Jordan. I was encouraged by the staff and it was a blessing to also be able to share my life and experiences with them. It was a little bit difficult to rent a bike as you had to give a deposit, and it was more than I had. Since I was leaving the next day, I didn't want to get 50 more out.

• 12th Aug 2015

It was a very nice stay and I felt welcomed. Great breakfast. Thank you!

Nice week spent at the shelter Jordan in amsterdam. It's a youth hotel well located, close to the center, peaceful, clean. The staff members and managers are really welcoming. The coffee of the hotel is really useful to order meals for dinner or to drink something. It's useful, peaceful, welcoming and cheap. I can only recomand you to go to the shelter jordan if you want to stay in Amsterdam.

• 10th Aug 2015

Our second time staying there. The staff are very helpful, love the atmosphere and would highly recommend it.

• 9th Aug 2015

A friendly hostel with helpful and well informed staff. Breakfast was lovely, and the hostel is in a lovely location, convenient for museums and city. Lots of lovely bars and shops round about and useful to be able to buy tickets from the hostel itself. Great breakfasts!

The hostel is very conveniently and centrally located, close to most major attractions and very easy to get to. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I was in Amsterdam only for the weekend, and this was a perfect spot. In terms of the facilities, they are clean but average; but it's still very good value for money. Also, since I was traveling alone I felt more comfortable that the hostel did not permit any drugs/ alcohol on it's premises. Overall I would recommend it to my friends.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • India

Great location in the beautiful, quiet Jordan neighborhood. Friendly staff and guests, and the free, warm breakfast was a nice surprise! The 18 bed dorm rooms were a bit loud in the morning, but the beds were clean and comforatable. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Amsterdam.

Staff were super friendly

It was a nice stay and they helped tremendously with an emergency bed. It's near activities, but you'd have to walk about 15 minutes or so to find them. Very clean and wonderful breakfast!

A very nice hostel located in the Jordaan district of Amsterdam. About 15-20 minutes walk from central station and only 2-3 minutes walk away from Anne Franks house (which is other side of the canal). The hostel is split into a boys and girls floor (boys on top floor). The room itself contained several bunk beds, a lockable locker for your backpack (5mm padlock require) and a sink. The bathroom contained plenty of showers and cubicles, so although shared by a floor you should have access.

Everything is good and very safe for solo woman.

Very friendly staff, good and free breakfast included! Clean rooms and bathrooms and good location!

Good hostel, lacking some atmosphere I felt but I was there by myself and only for one night. They put on dinner for a good price and a free breakfast which was good! Wi-Fi worked in my room too which was a plus

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7