Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It took me a long time to find this place, so better to ask someone or check the map. There is a street outside, but the hostel is quiet and cosy. especially the stuff, there are really excellent. A good choice for me:)

• 18th Nov 2014
  • China

Overall good experience at shelter Jordan, it's a bit sad at night, everybody's on their computer/phone and there's not much dialogues. Though the staff is not responsible for this, they could at least encourage it by starting games/talks in the living room. But apart from that, it's clean, secured and the staff is really nice!

I enjoyed my stay. The staff in particular were friendly, helpful and the atmosphere calm and relaxed. The location suited me being in a quiet area but all the popular places could be reached on foot.

A very good place to stay in Amsterdam. The breakfast is included and it's very good! The staff is great, and the hostel is calm and quiet. The only problem is the lack of plugs (1 in a room of 8 people), but fortunately we can leave our phones charging at the reception. I recommend this hostel if you want somewhere calm.

Good, safe location close to the Anne Frank house. I recommend this hostel if you are more into the museums and shops than the party culture of Amsterdam. Staff were extremely kind and helpful. The main common room area had a really nice coffee shop atmosphere, and was a great place to chill in the evenings. Breakfast is free, and you can even get it to-go if you're leaving early. Bathroom was very cold and the hairdryer wasn't working, but that's my only complaint. Really enjoyed our stay.

Excellent value for mney location, will go again

Great location. Excellent reception. Room/Dorm rather spartan... Metal lockers were noisy, and no padlocks... But it all looked clean and tidy. Radiator was not working though... I had an extra blanket which was all right, but my head was cold all night and I did not sleep well... Shame really... Cafe felt really nice and quiet place to rest and meet people, without being noisy (I really don't like party hostels...)

Thnx for all ! The best Staff ever!Nice lacation and atmosphere there!CU again guys,for sure!! Thimios

I'm wondering that if you could add some sockets in the 18 girls room. Cuz it's not very convenient for us to share only one sockets in a 18-peoples room. especially when the only sockets is on the wall besides the door..

I loved my stay for the staff here, they are very kind and friendly and I made friends with them. People not lock the doors to the room at all, luckily there was lockers. I really wish the room was cleaner. When I came in, there was dust on the blanket with a hole in it. It was not clean at all. I still slept in it because I had already paid for it. I also noticed I had blue fabric from the blanket in my hair whenever I brushed it. Now I am paranoid about if I brought back any bugs in my skin.

• 8th Nov 2014

The breakfast was awful. Very poor, better to skip it completely if what you offer is old/sour Musli and a fruit. At least offer fresh and healthy musli. It doesnt have to be expensive even.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was great! Very safe, clean, and close to public transit, but also walkable to the Anne Frank Museum and a few other sites. The breakfast was also excellent: cooked meals each day made fresh! Plus big lockers and the facilities were clean. If in Amsterdam, I reccomend staying here (unless you want to drink in your hostel: this is an alcohol free Christian one)

terrible wifi in 3F man's room

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I had a very bad time because people were smoking dope in my room, and being very antisocial, and although staff were nice about it they did little to stop it.

• 1st Nov 2014

Very good hostel with lovely staff. Considering that the dinner was free (because it included Christian preaching together with games for knowing each other) - the value for money was great. Breakfast was basic though. The best thing was that no smoking, drugs and alcohol are allowed - what makes the place quite and safe.

It was a place to sleep. It's close to the Anne Frank House and a healthy breakfast is served. It was just average. However, for the price, I think it wasn't that atrocious.

Lovely staff, good location but not overly central. Also while its a Christian hostel it doesn't feel pressured or preachy so no one will be uncomfortable here.

I really had a good time in this Hostel. Very well located, very quiet, very good breakfaste. Definitely, i loved my stay here.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for everything!! Great hostel :) very nice staff and good atmoshpere :)

• 27th Oct 2014

the only thing ishe not to have the possibility to recharge your device in the room but I can understand the reason behind and at the end it is not a big problem... great atmosphere and perfect if you are travelling alone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7