Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

During my stay, a person who was not a hostel guest got in to the building, occupied my bed, and was unwilling to give it away. The situation caused certain tension to the point that that I felt slightly thretened. The atmossphere in the hostel is really nice and I will recomend it to others, but you might consider increasing security measures a bit.

Awesome place to stay. Staff are so friendly and very accommodating. They do not push their beliefs, but are happy to talk if you have questions. Very respectful. Was a quiet hostel to get a good nights sleep in. Would definitely return. It was away from the Red Light district, so not in the centre of Amsterdam, but the walk in was manageable. But I heard from others staying in the centre did not sleep well at all due to the constant noise. And they do not overcharge for food etc Breakfast's A1

Very sweet and caring workers and good location.

• 27th May 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is in excellent location near Anne Franks house. Nice Quiet neighborhood. This said, rooms are very small with many beds. Before doing Bible study, I would show Christian love to people by removing some beds and making rooms less cramped and crowded. Atmosphere of an orphanage house or soldiers dorm. Stuff in front are volunteers, they are nice but follow some redundant formalities.

The staff was great, the common room was perfect for journaling/socializing, the breakfasts were hearty, and the location CANNOT be beat as far as safe/pretty neighborhoods go. The bathrooms were a bit unpleasant though...nothing horrible, but definitely made me go through my hygiene/shower routine as fast as I possibly could. But I would still stay here again if traveling back through Amsterdam.

I loved the stay at this hostel. It was very clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly. it is well located and the breakfast was great . I loved the way they introduced us to Dutch delicates. then most of all to see young people working for God. This was a wonderful experience. They even have cooked meals in the evening at an very low cost.

It is a Chirstian hostel so you cannot expect much from the atmospher! The ubication is great! Is walking distance from everywhere! The breakfast was very good! The only problem was that our padlock did not fit on the lockers lock, but we left it without padlock and there wasnt any issue! the bathroom next to the reception was always nasty! Seemed like everyone was pooing there!

Shelter Jordan is a good option if you are planning to spend a few days in Amsterdam and you just need a comfortable and clean place to sleep. The staff was really kind and helpful. For example, they explained us how to get to the bus station and some museums. There are also lockers in the rooms (the beds are wonderful!) Me and my friends spent a night there and we didn't have any problem.

• sofiapaulapg7160
  • Argentina

I was hosted in Shelter Jordan, the amazing location, I really enjoy my stay in Amesterdam, but the hostel didn`t overcome my expectations, because the cost benefit dind´t worth. On my last day I was hosted, in my bedroom there were 12 german guys completely drunks, and made a big noise, very loud laugh. Further, the guys sang very loud during the night. It´s terrible. I don´t recommend the room for 18 people.

staff were extremely helpful with directions and maps. handy to know its 5 mins away from main bus station (walk) then train station 30 min (walk) defo recommend to people on a budget! cant comment on food as was never up to eat it. showers were decent enough as well as toilets but be warned toilet paper abit rough!

• 16th May 2014

No one knew it was a christian hostel...

Good job. Keep it up

• 15th May 2014
  • India

Great location and helpful staff. It's an older hostel so the cleanliness and facilities were a bit poor but overall good stay.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and would love to stay again if I'm ever back in the area!! Not enough good words to say about this place!!

Great place to stay - very safe and great staff. Highly recommend a visit!

Loved it! I absolutely loved the atmosphere. One of the staff, Rebekah was very friendly and informative when I arrived. She took the time to explain the logistics, and even had the patients to tell me about Amsterdam and what I should do in the limited time I had. I could tell God was in her. Was very blessed to have met such a wonderful person!

Not my first time there and still a great hostel.

God hostel but not for parting

It was enjoyable to stay at Shelter Jordan.

• 8th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel as always.I always stay there when I visit Amsterdam.

• 5th May 2014