Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice place to stay... Highly recommended

• 1st Feb 2015
  • India

I loved this hostal. They were so sweet, organized and prepared to help you with literally anything you needed. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and breakfast was delish!! I am not religous at all and actually just chose this place because there was no room at my friends hostal but by the end of my trip all my friends wished they stayed with me! Thank you so much shelter jordan for giving me a great first hostal experience, I will most definetley be seeing you again!

I really really liked this hostel. I stayed in a 18 bed female dorm, although the 2 nights I stayed there, they were no more than 4 people in the room at a time. The room was split up very well for privacy too, and had lockers and such. The breakfast was free and was GREAT. I had a warm breakfast with toast and eggs and ham and cheese and it was so great and, FREE. They had other options too. The workers seem like they love being here, and they're all volunteers. I felt welcome in this hostel.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staffs, good location (but far away from central station. yet it is okay because there is a tram station nearby. Delicious superb breakfast. the only bad thing yet funny is you have to like their page on Facebook in order to get the free wifi and you have to post " I enjoy my stay at this hostel" on Facebook. But everything was all great.

Really great safe spot to explore the city. Happily stay again!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very laid back community. They have lots of young people on working vacations that staff the hostel, so there are always cool people to hang out with. They're all super nice. All of the girls on staff are really cute (especially the German painter at the reception). Guys were either old or slightly antisocial but it was definitely a safe environment. Definitely not a party hostel but it's a great way to settle into the peaceful side of Amsterdam. Safest hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam.

Great little place, friendly staff and really great atmosphere. Breakfast was pretty decent too. 15 euro deposit for key.

• 15th Jan 2015

As a non-Christian I felt very comfortable in this hostel. It wasn't like other hostel's I've visited but it served it's purpose. It was a pleasant experience, met some nice people. Staff were also really professional, and most importantly, kind. Even though our stay wasn't long, they didn't try to bible bash us at all. If you're interested in becoming Christian on you're vacation, this might be a perfect place to start.

• 12th Jan 2015

It is a bit expensive as I am staying there only for a Sat night. But it is still great, as the staff out there are really warm. They are willing to talk with anyone and give a hand.

I spent a night at the hostel with three of my friends and we really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. We stayed in a four person room that is a little small for four strangers but was perfect for my friends and I. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see and found a couple great coffee shops and restaurants in the Jordaan area. The hostel provides Christian activities but isn't uncomfortable for those who aren't Christians either.

From my understanding, most of the staff are young volunteers and a lot of them hang out in the hostel even when they're not working. It made for a cool mix of meeting them as well as other travelers. They had tons of events and stuff (dinners, movie discussions, etc). Each bed has a locker but a very limited number of plugs.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » last »