Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Only one plug in each room even if there are over 10. There are plugs in the Cafe and front desk workers are more than happy to charge your phone behind the desk. Still an inconvenience especially when the Cafe is full and loud.

Staffs are very nice. I love this hostel. It would be perfect if the room have more socket.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had an awesome time during my stay at the Shelter Jordan. Nice rooms, the most lovely staff, good location, facilities such as buying tickets for museums in reception and affordable food&drinks in cafeteria. I surely reccomend it to anyone who's looking forward to have a nice stay at Amsterdam!

Wonderfull place to stay in Amsterdam. The staff is very nice. I felt like a guest in privet home. They are young people but so marture in their work and contact.

The staff was always nice and lovely. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had in comparison to other hostels. Everywhere was always clean. Is not a party hostel, so as long as you are not expecting that I highly recommend them.

It was a pleasant stay. The hostel is not far from the city center,it' s easy to find. They selling museum,and canal boat tickets as well,so you won't have to stand in a line. The staff were really kind. Unfortunately we couldn't try the food,but there is free breakfast every morning,and you can have yummy dinner in the evening. The kitchen and the dining room looks really friendly. Although the blankets were thin,so it was a bit cold,other than that I recommend this hostel.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Hungary

The breakfast was delicious!

LOVE it here! I wish we could bring this hostel with us to every city! Very clean with a great atmosphere. The staff made us feel at home and was very helpful with all of our questions. The common room is very cozy and inviting. Only a block away from the underground station, a bus stop, and a large grocery store. It is an easy bus ride right to all the main tourist attractions. Located on a quiet street!

This is a good choice for a stay in Amsterdam. Although it's not so close to the main city center, it is in a great and calm neighbourhood.The staff is helpful and friendly, which gives the place a good atmosphere. My observations are on lack of sockets and individual lights on the rooms, which is a bit inconvenient for travelers. In despite of this, I'd totally come back for a stay. :)

Not very clean, everything was very dusty

The hostel is in a lovely and quiet area of Amsterdam. All the staff were friendly and helpful, filled us with lots of information and useful tips. We appreciated good coffee at the hostel cafe and loved their pancakes for breakfast :-)

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Absolutely incredible staff. Friendly, helpful & went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable & enjoying my time there. Special shout out to Miriam, Ian, Joel & Becky for including me in their staff bible study. I really appreciated the fellowship.

• 19th Mar 2015

nice place to stay at, rooms were quite cold. the staff was friendly and help u out with everything.

Loved staying here! The staff, people and atmosphere made my first hostel experience awesome! Everything was clean and if I had a question reception would always help! The cafe was my favorite place and they had a lot of things going on to get involved with the enjoy your staff...would most definitely book there again if going back to Amsterdam!

Great and simple. It is a very nice place to stay. Amazing value for money, lovely staff and nice structure. The bedroom was nice and clean as well as the bathroom. The breakfast is simple but good enough to start the day.

I found the staff unfriendly & even hostile from the outset. The dormitory beds are, mostly, unnumbered leading to a lot of confusion. Also, on the first morning after my first nights sleep, I awoke to find my bag stolen. Breakfast is minimal with miserable elevator music playing in the dininghall.

• 14th Mar 2015

Good hostel, not too bad location. Food is all right. Safety area

• 13th Mar 2015
  • smitoraj4063
  • Poland

This hostel is focuses on Christian religious, I aware that the Amsterdam hostels are not very modern and developed, but this hostel was for me like poor solution to stay somehow near to the centre. The team are very polite, but not having any consciousness about treating travellers, there are just doing their job like this is an education centre that is offering some accommodation solutions. The bathrooms are ok, the mattress in dorm bed are fine, big common room that serves nice breakfast

While the staff was very helpful and very nice, Shelter Jordan was not a great place to stay. The eight bed female dorms are far too small to hold that many people. It creates a lot of problems between roommates. There also was one plug in per room, so charging your phone at night is impossible. Its not a great place to stay, but it also isn't terrible.

This hostel was a breath of fresh air from my first hostel in Amsterdam Everyone on the staff smiles!! And the cafe has fast WiFi and is perfect if you need to stay connected.