Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

lack of power socket in each room

I literally came into the hostel with a sprained knee the the staff came over and helped with it even though they were on their lunch break. They were so nice and welcoming and helpful in every way possible. I most definitely will come back whenever I'm in Amsterdam. It truly was amazing!! Thank you!

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel. The no pressure Christian atmosphere is a great contrast to the city of Amsterdam and creates a nice balance. The location is fantastic---an easy walk to the Anne Frank House and only four tram stops from Centraal Station. The staff are very kind and diverse, the next time I am in Amsterdam I will stay here again.

• 18th Apr 2014

Every tourist operator has cost control issues. They should seek to control paper use in bathrooms by signs urging conservation not by running out of paper hand towels. Almost half the time spent there the paper hand towels dispenser was empty. Also, I noticed some soap residue in glasses which was not a pleasant sight. Most annoying was when the volunteers woke me up several times while I was taking a nap in the afternoon all for the purpose of outreach.

• 16th Apr 2014

Staff was not very welcome. We did not feel a good reception at all. The bathrooms were cleaned only once a day and it could be improved. In our second night, they closed the kitchen/dining room for a group and the guests were not able to use it. One staff member even suggested US to eat on the yard without cover while the group was confortable inside the building. The breakfast and location were good.

• 14th Apr 2014

I like this hostel very much it was very safe there were lockers in the room and they have a secure entrance way to the hostel. the breakfast very good and the cafe they have was very cosy and friendly environment. The staff was very friendly and polite. The only thing i see as a minus is the toilets, they did not seem to clean to me. I definitely recommend here, its close to dam square.

Nice friendly hostel.

The security to get into the hostel was pretty intense, however the bedroom doors did not automatically lock behind you, and my roommates kept leaving it unlocked. Additionally, the lockers were too small for me to fit my backpack in. Most of the staff was very friendly, however there was this one old man who was very grumpy and unhelpful. This hostel was way too expensive for what I got out of it. Oh, and it's a "christian" hostel with a struct no drug/alcohol policy. Fun!

Please continue like this. Everything was fine!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Great place to stay and very nice staff!!!

I have stayed here before. Clean,nice and a helpful staff. Long walk there from the city center otherwise a good place to stay.

A little bit of a drag they had rules about drinking and smoking since it is in Amsterdam, but outside of that its a good hostel. The facilities are nice and

The staff was very nice and friendly, but when I would ask them about tours or day excursions, they were not able to answer many of my questions well or give me much information on them.

• 4th Apr 2014

A really proper stay in Amsterdam if you don't want to pay too much. Fine for just sleeping and breakfast. Breakfast was good, you could choose a few options. The staff was very kind and the other guests were also. Really nice area in Amsterdam, you could walk to the center or take tram/bus.

• 4th Apr 2014

No beer allowed =(

Nice place with nice pople. Noiseless and smokeless. Makes you want to return.

• 2nd Apr 2014