Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Shelter Jordan was my first hostel experience and it was more than I expected!! The staff were great and very friendly and helpful! I felt very safe and secure in this hostel. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm and it was very quiet and people were very respectful. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. The free breakfast was phenomenal!! They made it fresh for you that morning and it was homemade. They do a free dinner every weekend as well which was great and allowed you meet different people!

Besides the fact that there were very few plugs at the hostel, this was a great experience. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Everyone spoke at least two or three languages (dutch, english, and usually spanish). The hot breakfast was also very good. Overall a great hostel.

• 12th Feb 2015

A great hostel, located in one of the prettiest areas of Amsterdam, at walking distance from everything. A very clean, quiet and friendly place. + The staff was extremely helpful on my 1st day - my credit card and my phone didn't work anymore for some reason (the nightmare of all travellers). They let me use the hostel's facilities (and their own phone) until some money was transfered to me by a friend and I could pay for my stay. Thanks ever so much for that !

It was one of the best hostel I stayed since I travel. It's a christian hostel, but you don't feel pushed in any ways. You just can feel the respect and the calm. People play guitar and piano in the kitchen it's lovely. The breakfast is amazing! I had muesli and yogourt with a fruit and a coffee. The only thing is that there is not enough plugs to charge cellphones in the room, but they can charge it for you at the reception!

This is my first time to stay in a Christian hostel and the experience was awesome! The staff showed excellent hospitality and the atmosphere of the cafe was great. Nice breakfast! You can't miss the free walking tour they provide!

The staff are very pleasing and its a perfect youth hostel. If you are well behaved then you will like this place. I loved the 2 girls in the kitchen who despite last minute reservations had food for us and the guy at the reception desk was patient enough to answer all our questions. It is perfect for someone travelling during the day and returning for sleep.

I wish there were more outlets! That was a major problem. But the breakfast was good, staff was nice, I was just confused as to why there were so many older people because it is a youth hostel.

Excellent in all aspects!!! =)

If you like Jesus, and not having any fun, this is the place for you.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »