Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hostel, not too bad location. Food is all right. Safety area

• 13th Mar 2015
  • smitoraj4063
  • Poland

This hostel is focuses on Christian religious, I aware that the Amsterdam hostels are not very modern and developed, but this hostel was for me like poor solution to stay somehow near to the centre. The team are very polite, but not having any consciousness about treating travellers, there are just doing their job like this is an education centre that is offering some accommodation solutions. The bathrooms are ok, the mattress in dorm bed are fine, big common room that serves nice breakfast

While the staff was very helpful and very nice, Shelter Jordan was not a great place to stay. The eight bed female dorms are far too small to hold that many people. It creates a lot of problems between roommates. There also was one plug in per room, so charging your phone at night is impossible. Its not a great place to stay, but it also isn't terrible.

This hostel was a breath of fresh air from my first hostel in Amsterdam Everyone on the staff smiles!! And the cafe has fast WiFi and is perfect if you need to stay connected.

I enjoyed my stay I met couple cool people there and ooh, the breakfast was totally amazing! They have some fun activities during the day such as bible discussion, bible study and etc. I'd definitely go back there again whenever I go back to Amsterdam. The staff was quite nice and very helpful wether it concerned direction or anything else.

It was just what i needed clean, safe and nice. Thankyou!

It was a nice hostel, offered a free walking tour of the city and was nice. Was a little over the top in my opinion on the bible but it was a Christian hostel I understand but some were just staying their for the safety. Great free breakfast! Good hostel I would stay again

• 6th Mar 2015

A very catolic place, with Bible meditation on the nights and so on. No alcohol, no kitchen. You can not take a bier inside or similar... Staff is nice.

very welcoming and helpful