Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Free breakfast was awesome. I really disliked that the room locks were not automatic because I noticed no one seemed to ever lock them. So you could feasibly walk off the street and into my room and never encounter a locked door. My other favorite was the hand dryer located next to the bathroom door, which is at the end of hallway where no one closes the bathroom door, so it sounds like a vacuum cleaner every 5 minutes all day long. They also didn't accept 1 or 2 penny euros & had a 15 euro depo

This hostel was very good, rooms were a bit squishy with 8 girls with large backpacks but beds were comfy. Did not love the breakfast system of them preparing for you. They were supposed to have hot breakfast every morning but both days I was there the grill was not working or something. All in all good hostel and great location right by Anne Frank house.

• 3rd Jul 2015

It was a very nice stay. Clean and quiet.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The cafeteria was very nice. I really liked the food items on offer. Also, the beds were clean and they cleaned the rooms everyday which was a nice factor.

One of the best hostels I've been to. Power points and reading lights at every bed. Clean hostel. There's a big lounge with a piano and guitars. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And they cooked me French toast for breakfast, included in the price!

A great place to stay! As a group of 6 girls we all loved it! The dining room was brilliant

• 29th Jun 2015

Extremely helpful and welcoming staff, awesome free breakfast, good wifi. Good atmosphere.

I thought for an 18 bed dorm the price was pretty high.

• 29th Jun 2015

Very loud handdryer, could be heard all through the night.

• 28th Jun 2015

Loved the culture of this hostel and how nice and friendly the staff is. Don't worry, no one is forcing any Christianity on you or anything and you will never feel pressured. People definitely still go out while staying at this hostel, so don't let that fear stop you from staying here. Really, the only downsides were the 12-person style rooms that lacked ventilation at times, but we were only in there to sleep. Adorable cafe with great people to hang out with downstairs. Took a nap there- safe!

I was really surprised that while they stated doors would lock at 22:00 it also meant that many of the people staying in the hostel would be in bed and asleep as well. I was not expecting to stay in the hostel other than for sleeping and showering, but it seemed as if they wanted me to stay around all day. The staff were relatively friendly, which was nice, but I was in Amsterdam to enjoy myself and go out with friends, not be held back by my hostel.

Great hostel. Was perfect for someone like me looking for a quiet, clean hostel in a good location, and a good chat with a fellow traveller in the common room at night.

Secure, good breakfast, close to city, need lock for lockerlocker, not really necessary, values the money

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Enjoyed my stay very much. Free breakfast (and not merely toast/cereal), very friendly staff, clean rooms and great facilities.

Not enough outlets in rooms and not enough places to just sit and hang out.

Bed was full of garbage and blood stains when I arrived it was never changed . Also the outlets only worked when the light was turned on. I expected better.

Serves its purpose well. Very friendly staff always willing to help, the fact that they're just volunteers amazes me! Respect for that. Also love the cafe, very nice place to chill and relax, get a snack or a drink, it has kind of a homey feel and I really enjoyed that. Overall good stay not a bad place to be.

• 22nd Jun 2015

18 bunk room with no lock in the door, thin beds, no wifi in the dorms. Staff were nice, and they do have a free breakfast, but no computer access and showers were kinda gross.

Everyone was so friendly!

Good location, good wifi. There are NO Lift in the hostel! The breakfast hav very limited choice when comparing to my expereince in other hostel. Each person only allow to have one set of breakfast and my breakfast is only one cheese one ham with 2 bread. Other things of these hostel is fine.