Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Lovely staff, good location but not overly central. Also while its a Christian hostel it doesn't feel pressured or preachy so no one will be uncomfortable here.

I really had a good time in this Hostel. Very well located, very quiet, very good breakfaste. Definitely, i loved my stay here.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for everything!! Great hostel :) very nice staff and good atmoshpere :)

• 27th Oct 2014

the only thing ishe not to have the possibility to recharge your device in the room but I can understand the reason behind and at the end it is not a big problem... great atmosphere and perfect if you are travelling alone.

The hotel is run by young Christain people, which made the atmosphere really great.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • China

Really good place to be here.. With a clear message;) Johan

• 24th Oct 2014

Decent hostel—wifi in the cafe was good, room had large lockers, location is a bit of a walk from the Centraal Station. I'm all about hostel security, but I prefer a keycard or locked door past reception that the reception opens rather than the slightly annoying shout asking if I have a voucher once I'm halfway up the staircase. Overall, a decent hostel though. I'd stay here again.

we booked a room with a toilet in it but unfortunately when we arrived there, the toilet is outside the room. the sink in the room is also smelly and the bad odour stays in the room. Lack of air movement in the room which make the surrounding in the room stuffy.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

房子拐出去背后就是tram站牌,很方便。步行去中心车站大概30分钟。如果做tram只需要10分钟

Safe and you can get a small room fora great price! Love the free breakfast and the convenience of getting it to go if you are leaving early. Never enough paper towels in the bathroom though - my only complaint.

• 21st Oct 2014

Enjoyed my stay.

• 19th Oct 2014

Great staff and breakfast, awesome beds for sleeping. I recommend people to stay in the 8 bed room, which is really great. Hot water for showers and clean atmosphere.

• 19th Oct 2014

Helpful, friendly staff. Rooms were clean and well ordered and is well located between museums and the Dam, close but not too close. Good atmosphere, but yet calm.

The breakfast was nice, the staff was young, nice and helpfull. I just think that there should be more people in the front desk to help around. Having only one person to take care of everything wasn't enough.

More than a place to sleep—well-organized, with staff offering offering advice, activities, and assistance.

• 15th Oct 2014

Stayed for 16 nights, heater only worked once

Ok i know what you're thinking.. A crazy christian hostel?!, not the case, I'm an atheist myself so thought it might be interesting to see how the others think and it was really interesting i felt welcome by all the lovely staff and even attended Bible discussion each night as a source of deep philosophical discussion, i miss those guys! It's no alcohol no (inside) smoking policy is'nt a problem as you can just go to the bars around the corner if in need.. So forget your bias and just Try it!

I had a wonderful time in the hostel, the staff was very kind and helpful. I had great open minded discussion with different people, and the atmosphare was very unique. Cant wait my next stay :)

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

nice place to stay, staff real nice, shame I left my I-pod on the bed and lost it, my fault,! overall a nice stay thanks guys.

• 9th Oct 2014

This is the first hostel I've lived in and it give me the impression of great safe and convenience. No matter the location or the nice staff there is so great! I have even attend their free dinner which was held in dark, very specially and lovely. If i have a chance to go to Amsterdam, I will choose here definitely!