Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It`s an amazing hostel. The stuff ist always friendly und helpful. The hostel is very very clean and the breakfast is really good. The position of the hostel ist perfect, 10 minutes to walk to the centrum.

• 13th Feb 2014

To change; - Staff behaviors - Pad Lock selling - Breakfast

First, thanks for the very comfortable accommodation. We had four very nice days in amsterdam and have enjoyed the nice atmosphere in the youth hostel. The common room was very cozy and the staff very nice.The breakfast was delicious, could also be a little bit more. Thanks for this, we will certainly be back again.

• 4th Feb 2014

A very nice hostel, a reasonable price too. Great hot breakfast every morning! :)

The hostel was super clean which I loved . The staff was friendly yet professional . I also liked the fact that the men and women are separate, which helps to create a safer atmosphere. All in all I had a good stay.

• 29th Jan 2014

What a little gem in the middle of Amsterdam! The hostel is located in a very nice and atmospheric residential area in the center of Amsterdam and offers an great base to explore the city. They also have super friendly and kind staff. The attention to detail in the hostel is way above the average and makes the hostel to stand out even more. For example, the cooked breakfast, which was included in the price, was different every morning (yum).

They are very nice people, i departed from there early in the morning ( 6 a.m ) and they made me breakfast to go :) ...That little detail made my day :D ...Thank you Shelter :)

While the cost is excellent in reference to their service, there is a kindness in their service that could not be paid. It is excellent!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Spain

despite of the weak lightness in dormitory and no public kitchen, staff are excellent. they are very nice and they are all from different countries which create a very good cultural exchange during my stay. And they have perfect security so make you feel safe during your stay. I like here. I will come back.

Good location and the staff is very nice. You cannot use the kitchen and when you want a glass of hot water you always have to ask for it, and you have to pay for tea and coffee. Obviously the staff is told to "communicate" with the guests, so there will be always somebody wanting to sit with you and talk. I personally didn't like the staffs - quite loud, daily - bible discussions in the cafetería (which is the only place to hang out, in the winter), because you can't escape the noise.

This is a Christian hostel with Christian atmosphere. There is no alcohol allowed or served in this hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is good and the price is value for money. The problem is there is only one electricity plug for 12 beds dorm. I only stayed for one night for transit before my flight back home, so there is no problem. If you like a serene and calm place to stay, this is a good place to stay.

I think the worst thing about this hostel was that there was only one power socket in a bedroom for 18 people.

Although the room which I stayed for 8 person is small (luckily I brought a backpack), breakfast is not many options, hairdryer is hard to use, all of them are not a big problems. It's still a good place for a short days trip. And staff there are very friendly and helpful!

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

What an amazing stay! I didn't expect that good food, cleanliness and most important friendliness of the stuff for that amount of money! Amazing :-D

• 3rd Jan 2014

We really enjoyed the atmosphere in the hostel and your common room.

• 2nd Jan 2014

The staff was very nice but the atmosphere was too quiet for me.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Peru

The location is close to the downtown (de Dam), you can get there on foot if you want to take a glance at the surroundings. The staffs there are very enthusiastic and friendly. However, I don't recommend this hostel as a whole cause the facilities are a bit poor such as the shower and the lockers. You have to buy a locker if you want to keep your belongings safe. So, the relatively low price compared to other hostels might be the only reason you choose to stay here with the exception of staffs.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • China

I had a good time there all of the staff was really nice. I would only suggest you put more room in tha showers to place the things, like clothe or shampoo, while you bathe. It was really tiny and I had some problems placing all my stuff. But everything else is great :).

Best Hostel I ever stayed in!

• 20th Dec 2013

Really enjoyed the stay, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 7th Dec 2013