Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is nice and clean, staff are friendly and WiFi is good. Free breakfast is fantastic, all sorts of things to eat and the main dish changes daily. Bathrooms are very standard but nothing to complain about. Staff are very tough on safety, which is a good thing, you have a locker,pass to enter the building, they supervise the locked luggage room at all times and they come across as smart and helpful staff, albeit a little strict. Would definitely stay again.

It was a nice stay and they helped tremendously with an emergency bed. It's near activities, but you'd have to walk about 15 minutes or so to find them. Very clean and wonderful breakfast!

A very nice hostel located in the Jordaan district of Amsterdam. About 15-20 minutes walk from central station and only 2-3 minutes walk away from Anne Franks house (which is other side of the canal). The hostel is split into a boys and girls floor (boys on top floor). The room itself contained several bunk beds, a lockable locker for your backpack (5mm padlock require) and a sink. The bathroom contained plenty of showers and cubicles, so although shared by a floor you should have access.

Everything is good and very safe for solo woman.

Very friendly staff, good and free breakfast included! Clean rooms and bathrooms and good location!

Good hostel, lacking some atmosphere I felt but I was there by myself and only for one night. They put on dinner for a good price and a free breakfast which was good! Wi-Fi worked in my room too which was a plus

+ : super nice staff! they are all volunteers and really helpful and kind. nice breakfast. cleaned room - : wifi doesn't work well in room. and there's no computer

Positives: quiet, possibility to dine at the hostel, possibility to watch movies in the evening, the welcome. Negatives: cleaning of the bedding.

Only stayed here one night but it was all great! It's a bit far out of the red district but still in walking distance to everything. Anne frank house is just around the corner.

My two friends and I loved staying at the Shelter! All the staff we got to meet was very friendly! The rooms and bathroom are clean and the beds comfortable. The only thingthat was annoying is the very loud hand drying machine that some people use at night... All in all I would definitly recommend staying in this very nice hostel!

They treated me like a long lost friend! This was the nicest stay I have had in a hostel

• 23rd Jul 2015

I really did enjoy my stay at Jordan shelter. It was central to most of the city activities and I was really impressed at how lovely all the staff members were. And helpful. And pretty good cooks. Having a breakfast was really a good way to start the day without having to worry of looking for somewhere suitable. I just wish there were more of these hostels throughout Europe. Congrats to all and keep up the good work. Only -ve. I needed more fresh air in the room.

Very friendly staff. Great location. Enjoyed the bible study/meditation sessions. Enjoyed my visit and would stay again next time I am in Amsterdam.

• 20th Jul 2015

This nice and clean hostel is ran by christians and you can take tram to here from central station for 10minutes or walk for 30minutes. The breakfast is quite good. The only thing imperfect is not key for room but lockers are inside the room.

1. appreciate the christian theme of the hostel (eg. food tasting, nice volunteers...) 2. i stay in the 18 female dorm where 4 ppl share 1 socket which is very inconvenient 3. i love the way they keep our luggage safe in the storage room (eg. everyone goes inside the hostel must show the hostel voucher; they will double check if we get our own luggage through sticking numbers on the stored luggage)

During my time in europe it was one of the most complete hostels that I have stayed.

• 16th Jul 2015

amazingly friendly staffs! a bit distance from train station especially with luggage but acceptable. Love the free juice and bread at breakfast! :)

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

I wasn't sure what to expect from a Christian hostel, but it wasn't weird for someone with no religious ties to stay here. Everyone who worked here was Christian but they were lovely to talk to and weren't trying to recruit you or anything. The room was quite small and cramped with not much space to put your bag, and the lockers were only big enough to keep your valuables in. A lovely area, if you're not interested in staying in the Red Light District part of town.

Great breakfasts, friendly people, and just an overall lovely atmosphere! I would love to stay here again :)

Awesome location. Sweet staff and I love that they're volunteers. If you're coming to Amsterdam to party then this wouldn't be the place for you. I met a lot of nice people that I ended up touring around the city with. Not the cleanness nor does it have the nicest facilities but the building has character. Free breakfast was nice.