Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

There was very cold in the dorms! Staff welcoming and helpful, breakfast great, it was worth the price and fulfilled expectations. Great location!!!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

I can´t think of anything about Hostel Jordan that I didn´t like. I had a great time in Amsterdam for 7 days and it was the perfect place to stay. It is located within 5 minutes of Westerkerk, the Anne Frank Huis, Amsterdam Tulip Museum, and Amsterdam Cheese Museum. Other perks include free breakfast (which was pretty good too), free wifi, lots of information available, and extremely friendly and helpful staff. I learned about Rome2rio from them! Location is perfect!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • biologistmatthughes1429

It is a very value worthy hostel to stay in Amsterdam. I am very happy with my stay and I wish the same service quality continue to exist.

The people there are interesting, lot of fun! Just the heat is not enough, kind of cold in the room:(

• 28th Mar 2015
  • China

Excelent very good place!!!

Only one plug in each room even if there are over 10. There are plugs in the Cafe and front desk workers are more than happy to charge your phone behind the desk. Still an inconvenience especially when the Cafe is full and loud.

• 28th Mar 2015

Staffs are very nice. I love this hostel. It would be perfect if the room have more socket.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had an awesome time during my stay at the Shelter Jordan. Nice rooms, the most lovely staff, good location, facilities such as buying tickets for museums in reception and affordable food&drinks in cafeteria. I surely reccomend it to anyone who's looking forward to have a nice stay at Amsterdam!

• 24th Mar 2015

Wonderfull place to stay in Amsterdam. The staff is very nice. I felt like a guest in privet home. They are young people but so marture in their work and contact.

The staff was always nice and lovely. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had in comparison to other hostels. Everywhere was always clean. Is not a party hostel, so as long as you are not expecting that I highly recommend them.

It was a pleasant stay. The hostel is not far from the city center,it' s easy to find. They selling museum,and canal boat tickets as well,so you won't have to stand in a line. The staff were really kind. Unfortunately we couldn't try the food,but there is free breakfast every morning,and you can have yummy dinner in the evening. The kitchen and the dining room looks really friendly. Although the blankets were thin,so it was a bit cold,other than that I recommend this hostel.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Hungary

The breakfast was delicious!

LOVE it here! I wish we could bring this hostel with us to every city! Very clean with a great atmosphere. The staff made us feel at home and was very helpful with all of our questions. The common room is very cozy and inviting. Only a block away from the underground station, a bus stop, and a large grocery store. It is an easy bus ride right to all the main tourist attractions. Located on a quiet street!

This is a good choice for a stay in Amsterdam. Although it's not so close to the main city center, it is in a great and calm neighbourhood.The staff is helpful and friendly, which gives the place a good atmosphere. My observations are on lack of sockets and individual lights on the rooms, which is a bit inconvenient for travelers. In despite of this, I'd totally come back for a stay. :)

Not very clean, everything was very dusty

• Belarus

The hostel is in a lovely and quiet area of Amsterdam. All the staff were friendly and helpful, filled us with lots of information and useful tips. We appreciated good coffee at the hostel cafe and loved their pancakes for breakfast :-)

• Czech Republic

Absolutely incredible staff. Friendly, helpful & went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable & enjoying my time there. Special shout out to Miriam, Ian, Joel & Becky for including me in their staff bible study. I really appreciated the fellowship.

• 19th Mar 2015

nice place to stay at, rooms were quite cold. the staff was friendly and help u out with everything.

Loved staying here! The staff, people and atmosphere made my first hostel experience awesome! Everything was clean and if I had a question reception would always help! The cafe was my favorite place and they had a lot of things going on to get involved with the enjoy your staff...would most definitely book there again if going back to Amsterdam!

Great and simple. It is a very nice place to stay. Amazing value for money, lovely staff and nice structure. The bedroom was nice and clean as well as the bathroom. The breakfast is simple but good enough to start the day.