Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I knew it was a Christian hostel, but I didn't realize te extent of it until I got there. No drugs or alcohol, bibles and Jesus paintings everywhere. Group prayer meetings. Etc. All of that is fine and it is a friendly atmosphere but if you are like me, you want something a little more fun. Especially in Amsterdam.

I had a really good time at Shelter Jordan. As a lone traveller i'm very glad i was able to stay in a place where the staff are so welcoming and generous with the facilities and meals. I doubt i would have had such a good holiday if i'd stayed in an expensive hotel.

• 27th Jul 2014

A nice and comfortable place to stay. Close to Ann Frank's house, the tulip and cheese museums and easy enough to get to all the other major attractions. The atmosphere here is good and the staff are friendly.

Wonderful, thank you :)

• 27th Jul 2014

Being a non Christian and having travelled all summer ,as partied all summer for some reason I really really loved this place. Staff were the nicest and most helpful. Location was great. People were cool and respectful and quiet at night. Would go back in a second and loved te vibe.

Very friendly staff and was very helpful! The location is great and a hot breakfast is included which was nice! Would stay here again!

• 27th Jul 2014

I was very impressed with the staff. I thought they were all incredibly friendly, helpful, and responsible. A few examples: they locked the baggage storage room and checked your baggage number, they always verified that you were indeed staying at the hostel before allowing you to go upstairs, I took the free tour on Saturday morning and thought it was well planned, informative, and fun, and I thought the free breakfast was great, it was prepared to take to-go when leaving early my last day.

• 26th Jul 2014

Good hostel, staff very nice. Good breakfast.

One of the best hostels on earth! Clean, friendly, informative, helpful and kind staff. Wonderful meals all day!!!!

Staff were lovely and eager to help. Accomodations were nice. Food was good and much less expensive than non-hostel food.

• 24th Jul 2014

The 8 person all female dorm is way too small to hold that many people. Two people cannot enter/exit the room at the same time. Unrealistic. However, the staff is very friendly!

It was obvious that we had to have a lock for our lockers in the dorms but since we did not think about it we had to buy some from the hostel. That was at that point to a good surprise. When we left it was irritating though that the hostel did not want our locks back. We didnt need them anymore and some else who didnt have one could have easily used them.

My friend and I had a very good stay at Shelter Jordan! Location couldn't be better, we visited the main spots all by walking. Staff and atmosphere were very good, we felt among friends. The (shared) bathroom eventually got a little messy, but that's also credited to the guests. I just couldn't find any descriptions of the bathroom being shared on the website. It would be good to have some information related to that. The real complaint I have is about having only one outlet in the room! :/

all the staff are really kind and friendly... the cleaners, the reception desk, the cookers...... I think this is the characteristic of this hostel.

Nice hostel, a very caring international staff The rooms are a little bit crowded. The location is almost perfect near Anne Frank's house. Too expensive for the service given. A nice place to stay for a short break in Amsterdam

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great hostel! Thanks so much for the help and food and friendship!

1) This hostel was very crowded. People were packed in on each floor and so I estimate there were 50 girls to 3 toilets and 4 showers on one floor. 2) The reception staff were pretty clueless. They couldn't give any recommendations for places to eat/go and didn't even know how to get to the airport from the hostel 3) The in room security was fine, but the number system used for the luggage storage room is totally bogus

地點還不錯好找!(the location is easy to find) 而且還附早餐,這點很棒!(the brackfast is include, this is excellent) 我是住女房是18人,有櫃子但要自己帶鎖。(I lived in a dorm female room, you will have cabinet but you have to bring your own lock, or you can buy there) 衛浴室設備也不錯,大體上都很不錯。很適合背包客旅住,如果你有大行李可能會沒地方放 (overall is good, it's fit for the backpacker, but if you have a big badge maybe there will not a lot of place to fit in) have a good trip^^

i just stayed for one night and felt everything quite comfortable. very impressed with the stuff made breakfast:)

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • China

Our Stay at Shelter Jordon for three days was great. The rooms were neat and clean; especially the bathrooms. Breakfast was delicious and wholesome. I particularly liked(and was surprised)when they gave us breakfast to go at 4am in the morning on the day we checked out. Such kind of service doesn't exist even in the high end hotels. Shelter Jordan, you rock!