Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The bathrooms beed to be cleaned more often as there is always a bad smell there

• Trinidad And Tobago

Shelter Jordan has good staff and they smil everytime while I was in there so they are kind :) Safety was good already drugs and alcohol is not prohibited.Breakfast was not satisfactory but it was enough also beds were clean but it was not comfortable.. Most importantant poin is cleaning.Unfortunately cleaning was weak, bathroom and toilets were so dirty and that point will affect my decision about staying. Thank youu.

• Finland

I would highly recommend this hostel. Me and my friend had a great stay here!

• India

I think the cleanliness can do better and then the heater in my dorm got some little problem

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

The lighting in the main room is quite dim and the walkway in the room is a bit narrow so it's difficult to move pass if everyone is in the room. But other than that , everything is excellent, staffs are very friendly and the breakfast is a bonus 😊

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Very good facilities combined with a welcoming atmosphere created by an excellent staff! Our stay at Shelter Jordaan Amsterdam was fantastic. Traveling with a group of five teenage boys, this hostel was perfect. The rooms had everything we needed and were very clean. The café and the free breakfast were terrific. But the thing that really made our stay stand out was the staff. They were very friendly and were sincerely interested in making sure all our needs were met.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Our weekend in shelter Jordan was okay. But due to the good reviews, I have expected a lot more. especially for 30€ a night! The hostel is very easy and nothing special! Very old bunkbeds with strange rugs instead of real blankets. The 5 bed dorm is jam-full and way too small. Breakfast is just a snack not more (tiny little muesli and one cup of coffee- they charge you 1,5 bugs for the second. It was hard to have a normal conversation,everyone is taking about Jesus all the time!

The hostel is clean and staff is kind but in the room 16 beds have just on plug for 4 beds. The location is a bit far from the center for walking but you can enjoy with the view of city or the river

Instead of using the metal locker, I suggest to use a plastic or wood one instead. It would reduce the noise when opening the locker at night.

I felt very welcome. Staying for the evening in the common room was very pleasant.

• 11th Dec 2015

A for a weekend away but not more than that. Staff is great and breakfast is included and very goodcceptable

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Clean and secure hostel, friendly staff, quiet atmosphere, in beautiful neighbourhood. Great place for travelers who want to avoid the party crowd that usually invades hostels. This hostel actually practices spiritual values. Note that unlike most hostels there is no access to the kitchen for guests (but staff prepares food for sale). Fridge is definitely too small for everybody's food items. Minor issue: shower could be improved (flow of water too low, loose handle, no curtain,...)

• 8th Dec 2015

the staff is really friendly at the receptionist, in the caffe bar, really nice . I enjoyed my stay in AMsterdam.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Although everyone in the hostel in very sympathetic and kind, two of the girls we caught in the reception we're a bit incompetent and inefficient. We know that our reservation was a bit "hard" since we were 3, and 2 of us had a separate reservation for one of the 5 nights, but still, staring at the computer and say "huumm... aaaahhh..." for 5 minutes doesn't resolve anything, either ask for help of another person of the staff or ask us to explain the situation and to help. The rest was awesome!

Some of the friendliest people I've ever met! Everyone was really helpful, and always had a smile on their face!

• 5th Dec 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This hostel had a very relaxed atmosphere which made it easy to meet people, especially with free events such as the Dutch food tasting session. The free breakfast was also very good and it was always a good start to my day.

With the exception of the "problem" in the reception(in the other comment),everyone was nice.The "hot" breakfast changes everyday and although you cannot serve yourself, they give a good amount of food!The beds and pillows are nice; the rooms with 8beds have a small space between bunk beds and I wasn't excepting but the 18 bed rooms have a lot of space although depending on where you stay your locker may stay not adjacent to the bed (we've stayed in both of them).Everything very clean and quiet!

As most of the staffs were volunteers in the hostel , it was so easy to talk and ask about everything. The only thing was I would suggest any new visitor not to book 18 bed dorm and go for fewer beds dorm. Besides that the hostel was fantastic.... :)

Be careful Bedbug ! I slept one night and next day i saw 3 bedbug on the wall near my bed so i told reception but first they said it seems like there are no bedbug anymore so its okay for u to sleep here but how could i sleep there ? So i changed my room without my luggage. After changing dorm i checked my bed and saw bedbug again ! Everywhere ! Except bedbug , location is good to go Anne house.

The staff at Shelter Jordan were very welcoming and helpful. I found the rooms very clean and comfortable for a one night stay and would book there again.

• 2nd Dec 2015