Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I love shelter. It's a home to stay, to have breakfast together, to be alone but feeling peace of mind. So grateful.

• 26th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Great experience at Shelter Jordan (it was my first stay in an hostel), personal is very kind. The bathroom could be proper (but I do not know how clean are the others hostels)

• 25th May 2015

Lovely hostel, we really felt at home during our stay. We enjoyed the free walking tour and the tasty dinner which is very affordable. I would definitely stay here again :)

• 22nd May 2015

it is a good place to stay but be aware these are nice people u can't drink or smoke there which is good

I had a great time at Shelter Jordaan and plan to stay again. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, and the amenities make sense if you want value. There is free breakfast every day, free locker storage in rooms, the showers have hot water, and the location is close to the city center. The shelter is not a place for wild parties, which is a refreshing thing to see in Amsterdam. It does offer Christian activities, but they are low key and non-required. Overall, a great stay!

• 18th May 2015

Nice hostel and good environment also :)

Shelter Jordan is a quiet and clean hostel, perfect for people who have a packed sightseeing program planed in Amsterdam. The stuff was friedly and the breakfast tasty, but i missed the vibe. I'm used to hostels where you habe a little cooking area for the guest (stove, pan, mikrowave, waterboiler...) but there was only a little fridge.... The hostel is pretty big. IN the time of our stay they host a school class, which supported the feeling of a youth hostel. Bring a multiple power outlet!

• 18th May 2015

It was great enjoyed staying there thoroughly.

• 17th May 2015

i won't recommend to my friends

That's sad. We'd like to meet your friends!

Good hostel, but two things it was bad. First: they don't have sockets in room, you need leave your mobile phone on reception to charge. Second: breakfast you need choice things to eat, for example I can drink only one cup of coffee and if you want a fruit you can't take bread.

We're glad you liked our hostel - thank you for choosing us! And we're working on the electricity sockets right now. Our electrician is working through all the bedrooms putting sockets right by the beds. So when you next come back it should all be fixed :-)

overall very nice hostel. super clean and the staff were nice plus a nice breakfast every morning and cheap dinner options as well. it is a christian hostel though so you won't get advice on the red light district or great party spots but it is still a very nice place to stay near by everything but not too close to were you can't relax.

I had a pleasant stay. The atmosphere is nice with a really attentive staff. The hostel is well located, in a pleasant neighbourhood.

• 14th May 2015

Really bad atmosphere, i slept in a 18 beds room and hadn't contact with anyone, anyone seens to be opened for conversations on the living room. And I know it's not a problem with me, because now I had just left a very smaller hostel where I just knew EVERYONE and made some real good friends. The breakfast is kind of ridiculous, the bread with cheese and ham comes 3 breads and only 1 cheese slice, 2 ham. I really won't recommend this hostel and think that the money I saved wasn't worth it.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us and that you didn't like our breakfast. Most people enjoy our pancakes, french toast or fried eggs, but there are bread options too. And we'll always give more bread and jam for free.

Not a great experience at Shelter Jordan. The staff were friendly and helpful, it must be said, but the facilities (especially bathrooms) were awful, I got sick from their food, and I found the atmosphete oppressive and proselytizing. If youre Christian and are looking for a cheap place to spend a night or two I guess I would reccommend, but otherwise steer well clear from this place.

We're sorry you didn't have the perfect experience staying with us. Sometimes things go wrong and it's good that you tell us about them so we can improve things in the future so thank you!

Wonderful hostel. Staff were really nice, they had a free hostel dinner one of the nights I was there and the breakfast was great. Really good location and the wifi worked in my room. The room was very comfortable and the showers were great too.

Very friendly staff. Most helpful. I will stay there again.

• 11th May 2015
  • South Africa

I really liked my stay at Hostel Shelter Jordan. The location is awesome, I actually just walked around the city and didn't need the public transport. Damrak is 20 minutes walk and also the Centraal Station as well. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere at the hostel was amazing - I felt myself very safe there. Generally the accommodation in Amsterdam is very expensivo, but I found Shelter Jordan was fair. I just did not like that there was no jack/plug in the rooms.

• 11th May 2015

Thanks for your positive comments - we're so happy you enjoyed your time with us. And we have an electrician working in the rooms right now to put charging points by the beds. So thanks for the feedback - we hope you'll see a great improvement when you return :-)

Great staff, great WiFi, clean facilities and great free breakfast. The only bummer is that there aren't enough outlets for everyone to charge their devices in the rooms, but the front desk will. Loved having separate male-female dorms too. If you value your sleep and want a non-party hostel, stay here.

Thank you! Great to hear your experiences. And we're working on the electrical outlets right now. Soon there will be charging points right next to the beds :-) Hope to see you again one day.......

My friend and I really enjoyed this hostel! We were a little unsure about staying here since neither of us is religious, but we actually felt quite comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The 5 person bedroom was pretty small, but since we were rarely in the room it worked perfectly. It was in a fantastic location that was quiet but not too far from city centre. The hostel itself was also very quiet and peaceful. We will definitely be recommending this hostel to our friends!

Very nice, awesome hostel with great staff! Just a few steps away from the tramway to the city. Recommend it to everyone!!! ;))