Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Didn't personally find the atmosphere very friendly/sociable, and there were no power outlets in the rooms, though reception would charge your electronics for you. Not a bad hostel, just pretty basic.

The facilities were not the best for sure.

• 26th Dec 2014

The rooms are quite small, as are the lockers - you're encouraged by signs to leave your things in the tiny locker, or the luggage room downstairs. Only one power socket in the room, though the staff at reception will charge yor devices for you. Hot breakfast was great! While the hostel is located outside the main section of the city, Jordaan has some great places to eat and interesting shops. Close to Ann frank's house. Definitely not a party hostel.

It was pleasant place for us - me and my mom. We spend here the new-year's week - whole 8 days, and they were very comfortable. Also, then we faced a problem, Shelter Jordan's stuff helped us so much!! They were really helpful. I want to thank everyone at this hostel. It is really best place for stay!!!

• Russia
  • All Female Group, 41+

The Staff was excellent und I liked to know people all over the world. I think all was good.

• Chile

Security is great you need the card to enter, they don't have curfew. The location is really good, near the Anna Frank house. The staff is super friendly and if you need some advices they'll love to help you. I stayed with them 24 and 25 december 2014, they gave us free breakfast and a free christmas dinner it was awesome! really a great comfty atmosphere. The only drawback from the clanliness was that the bathroom smelled like weed a lot, but it's not their fault, they do clean it.

The staff was really friendly, really helpful, and overall very welcoming. One night during my stay, a drunk guy came in the room (the room with the most beds is left unlocked) and was shouting that he wanted his bed. I even got my towel stolen. The hostel is great, but I really think more security should be placed on the largest room.

It was a good atmosphere, but there are too manys CAN´Ts and DONTs´.

Christian hostel. Free bibles (Yeah!), nice staff, well organised, nice lounge area with plenty of opportunity to talk to people.

Very good hostel, I already stayed more than once.

Stayed here for 1 night . Good hostel , staff friendly and helpful. Facility's good, rooms good with lockers . Location close to Anne franks museum

Shelter Jordan is like a Home from Home; a perfect base for exploring!! The staff are a lovely bunch ♥ The food is excellent, and the atmosphere is great! Will definitely stay with them again

• 22nd Dec 2014

They provide lots of opportunities to meet people. But facilities were not so good. Staffs are super-friendly.

Clean, friendly place. Staff is great. All volunteers. Some Christian messages on the walls and free bibles at the counter. Lockers in the room make a lot of noise and tend to wake everyone up. Beds are reasonably comfortable. Good option for staying at in Amsterdam.

Only big complaint about this hostel is the lack of plugs in the rooms. They do have a locked drawer at reception where you can leave stuff to charge, which is fine, but if you're like me and your phone is your alarm, it's not the best option. The location isn't super close to main attractions but it's well-connected by public transport, and we actually liked seeing a bit more of the city just walking around. Free breakfast was great! Staff was nice and helpful.

There was just one socket in the room for many people.

I like this Hostel. The staff were nice and friendly. The location is good.

One of the best hostels, I really liked it, the atmosphere is great.

Serious lack of power sockets, but you can leave your stuff to charge at the reception. And maybe a bit more heating would be nice.

Very nice atmosphere and employees.