Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location wasn't the best but not so inconvenient that I wouldn't recommend staying here. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best I've had at any hostel. The WiFi does not work in the rooms.

PEREFECT!! Best hostel I ever stayed at!! And I stayed at a LOT of hostels in my life... Lovely staff and guests. It is a very calm atmosphere and you feel very safe :) Breakfast is good, Beds and sheet are completely clean. I will definitely come back.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Well I know Amsterdam is expensive, but $40 AUD for a bed in an 18 bed dorm is a lot; hence the value for money item rated far less than the others. When I thought it was 13 Euros it was a shock and to read that that was the off season price,so the hike up the scale to more than double seems quite steep. As I did the sums of the number of beds and the staff being made up largely of volunteers ( not a feature allowed to most businesses by law ) I did wonder where all the capital went.

• 30th Jun 2014

good and cheap for people earning money equalling to EURO

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This was the most organized and clean hostel I have ever stayed in! Breakfasts are small portions but the food is good. I highly recommend Shelter Jordan!

I liked the hostel. It is all well organized. Little too crowded in a room but that is ok for short time.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Russia

If you want to charge your electronic devices you have to leave them at the reception because there isn't anywhere to do it in the rooms. Aside from that, good place to stay at and they serve a great breakfast.

A little distance away from the main strip but for the price it was worth it.

I'll never forget the look on the other girl's face when the girl from the reception desk was giving the guest in front of me a brief introduction about the hostel quite carefully, the look was like: She's still learning. So that was my first impression of Shelter Jordan. For me it's a wonderful thing to see beginners in a quite developed(?) hostel. In Shelter Jordan, travelers can work to exchange food and a place to live, so you'll meet a footballer crew from Portugal, a singer crew from Spain

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • China

Thank you for a great stay at Shelter Jordan! We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hostel. Could not have been more pleased.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Overall, it was a really good experience beyond the usual discomfort of sharing a room with strangers. The door to the room I was in the first night (Vondelpark) squeaked really bad and everyone woke up whenever it was opened by another guest throughout the night. but the other room I stayed in was fine. The bathrooms were great though the shower tended to randomly change temperature. The best part was the clean Christian atmosphere in the common room.

• 20th Jun 2014

Awesome place! Great people and facilities. Very fast WiFi.

• 20th Jun 2014

wish there were more plugs on the room. there was only one in a four-bed-room. not practical when you want to charge your phone.

• 19th Jun 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Shelter Hostel. The hostel was very clean and well-maintained. The location was also excellent for exploring the city centre.

It is ok for the price. Little bit far from the city center but a quiet and peaceful place/neighborhood.

Great stay at the shelter Jordan! Breakfast was ordered- eggs were good. The rooms were clean and had lockers. Not many power points but reception had a drawer of outlets to charge devices, handy!! Nice cafe with cheap food. Really good stay

• 18th Jun 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is amazing!!

The staff was very warm and welcoming, the cafe was awesome and the family dinner was delicious. I felt safe and comfortable during my entire stay.

No plug sockets in dorms, which are old, dingy and badly lit. Breakfast is very small, they charge 1.20 for hot water in a mug!!! The staff are very fake and patronizing, feels like you are being judged. The cafeteria and smoking area are very nice and modern. Overall this hostel is very over priced in my opinion.

The staff were very welcoming, and the breakfast was very nice and communal. The cafe is really cute and a nice place to spend some down time, I was even allowed to continue to use it after I had checked out in the morning as I didn't have a flight until that night. The rooms were clean as were the bathrooms, which had hot water and even provided a blow dryer. Over all this was great value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014