Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I found the staff unfriendly & even hostile from the outset. The dormitory beds are, mostly, unnumbered leading to a lot of confusion. Also, on the first morning after my first nights sleep, I awoke to find my bag stolen. Breakfast is minimal with miserable elevator music playing in the dininghall.

• 14th Mar 2015

This hostel is focuses on Christian religious, I aware that the Amsterdam hostels are not very modern and developed, but this hostel was for me like poor solution to stay somehow near to the centre. The team are very polite, but not having any consciousness about treating travellers, there are just doing their job like this is an education centre that is offering some accommodation solutions. The bathrooms are ok, the mattress in dorm bed are fine, big common room that serves nice breakfast

While the staff was very helpful and very nice, Shelter Jordan was not a great place to stay. The eight bed female dorms are far too small to hold that many people. It creates a lot of problems between roommates. There also was one plug in per room, so charging your phone at night is impossible. Its not a great place to stay, but it also isn't terrible.

This hostel was a breath of fresh air from my first hostel in Amsterdam Everyone on the staff smiles!! And the cafe has fast WiFi and is perfect if you need to stay connected.

I enjoyed my stay I met couple cool people there and ooh, the breakfast was totally amazing! They have some fun activities during the day such as bible discussion, bible study and etc. I'd definitely go back there again whenever I go back to Amsterdam. The staff was quite nice and very helpful wether it concerned direction or anything else.

• 11th Mar 2015

It was just what i needed clean, safe and nice. Thankyou!

It was a nice hostel, offered a free walking tour of the city and was nice. Was a little over the top in my opinion on the bible but it was a Christian hostel I understand but some were just staying their for the safety. Great free breakfast! Good hostel I would stay again

• 6th Mar 2015

A very catolic place, with Bible meditation on the nights and so on. No alcohol, no kitchen. You can not take a bier inside or similar... Staff is nice.

very welcoming and helpful

The hostel has a really nice staff but unfortunately the rooms are too packed with bunkbeds and there is no space to put some of your belongings on the floor(the ones that don't fit into the locker). In addition, most of the hostel guests are either below 20 or above 40. Therefore, I can only recommend this place to people that want a quiet stay without any party etc., to people in such age groups or to people that want to stay in a christian hostel. If you are 25-30 go somewhere else.

Very nice place. Wirths every penny.

Shelter Jordans was an amazing place to stay! The staff were beyond friendly and amazing making you feel right at home. I was there 3 days and was literally so sad to leave. The breakfast is amazing, its free and yummy! Basically I loved Shelter Jordan and would go back in a heartbeat. Not far at all from the center and the staff are beyond helpful when it comes to info, you can even buy your tickets for lots of the museums there. Best hostal I've been to so far, minus lack of chargers!

• 1st Mar 2015

This is a wonderful hostel where one can feel comfy and secure. Facilities are really fine for a hostel and specially very clean. The staff is very helpful, smiley and welcoming. There are suggested activities every day and all you may need while in Amsterdam, including your ticket for museum or the info on where to rent a bike. Very much recommended place!!

Shelter Jordan has a pretty good location; the busses I needed were right across the street, the only negative aspect about the location was how far it was from the center (walking over 1.2km in the cold is no fun). BUT they do rent bikes there, so for our second day we were great. The bedroom was never noisy even though I stayed in an 18 bed, all-girl room. I didn't get anything stolen and my bag was underneath my bed! The front desk was beyond helpful with everything and breakfast was great.

• 27th Feb 2015

when me and my fd go back to our room, 2 more people are there except the existing 2 living yesterday the staff let 2 people who make reservations in NEXT month came to our room there re total 6 people in a 4 bed room how come they can make such a stupid error

Wow! This hostel and the staff were awesome! I stayed here for two nights with two of my friends and we are so glad we chose to stay here. It felt more like a home than a hostel. The dorms are nice and clean, but it is true that there is only one socket. But, in the cafe, there are plenty of places to plug in, or they will happily charge your things behind the desk. The breakfast was great, and it is clear that this is a Christian establishment, but they are not pushy in any way.

Staffs are very friendly, but Room is very small even it was hard to leave luggages in the room. Wifi speed is very poor and there is no plugs to charge electronics in the room. also the bed is uncomfortable....

a very special and wonderful place.....

• 23rd Feb 2015

It is a great hostel, the service of all the employees is excellent, the food and coffee is delicious.

Very warm and welcoming environment. The staff was very genuine and kind. The lounge/cafe area was spacious and comfortable for any down time or for meals.