Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I didn't like the man cleaning the bathroom, they gotta leave it closed on the female floor or put up a sign CLEANING IN PROCESS, otherwise its creepy. They didn't have any mirrors in the rooms on the female floor- which is weird, since they had a sink in the room, no towels provided (only for a fee). Ok location, ok staff, nothing extraordinary, just decent, slightly hard to follow the instructions on finding the place.

I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. They prepare it freshly hen you arrive and you even have the choice between some muesli with fruit, and a warm breakfast, which varies every day. I stayed in a 4 female dorm - the bed was comfortable, every person had their own locker, and you could regulate the heat on your own!

Nice volunteer staff, and they are very helpful. However, I did not feel safe at this hostel. There are posted signs about pickpockets. Think this place is geared towards charity work for the homeless rather than a safe haven for travelers so keep that in mind. There is Christian music playing in the kitchen and dining area, and bibles on every table. Also, there is only one outlet per room in an awkward place so to charge your electronics, you must surrender them to the reception for charging.

I liked the breakfast, staff was very friendly. Not having outlets in the room was a big pain, especially because after I charged my phone the desk attendant forgot to hand me back my adapter.

Only one thing is not good at all : the neger room is very small and very hot in the night. All the other things are good.

• 29th Nov 2014

Loved the area. Quieter than the super busy tourist sections right in the city center, still lots to do nearby.

• 28th Nov 2014

Nice place, but if you want to arrive walking from central station get a map with all the streets, i got a bit lost in the channels area because some streets are kind of circular! Nice common room, nice bed and good pressure shower! Breakfast is just normal! But great price/quality relation for such an expensive city!

Friendly staff and nice common room. There was a Piano as well I should have brought music seat..

It took me a long time to find this place, so better to ask someone or check the map. There is a street outside, but the hostel is quiet and cosy. especially the stuff, there are really excellent. A good choice for me:)

Overall good experience at shelter Jordan, it's a bit sad at night, everybody's on their computer/phone and there's not much dialogues. Though the staff is not responsible for this, they could at least encourage it by starting games/talks in the living room. But apart from that, it's clean, secured and the staff is really nice!

I enjoyed my stay. The staff in particular were friendly, helpful and the atmosphere calm and relaxed. The location suited me being in a quiet area but all the popular places could be reached on foot.

Would stay again. Some of the cleanest hostel bathrooms I've seen. They also sell locks for the lockers if you don't have one, which is useful.

• 14th Nov 2014

The location is great. Near public transportation. The staffs are warm and very nice.

A very good place to stay in Amsterdam. The breakfast is included and it's very good! The staff is great, and the hostel is calm and quiet. The only problem is the lack of plugs (1 in a room of 8 people), but fortunately we can leave our phones charging at the reception. I recommend this hostel if you want somewhere calm.

Good, safe location close to the Anne Frank house. I recommend this hostel if you are more into the museums and shops than the party culture of Amsterdam. Staff were extremely kind and helpful. The main common room area had a really nice coffee shop atmosphere, and was a great place to chill in the evenings. Breakfast is free, and you can even get it to-go if you're leaving early. Bathroom was very cold and the hairdryer wasn't working, but that's my only complaint. Really enjoyed our stay.

Excellent value for mney location, will go again

Great location. Excellent reception. Room/Dorm rather spartan... Metal lockers were noisy, and no padlocks... But it all looked clean and tidy. Radiator was not working though... I had an extra blanket which was all right, but my head was cold all night and I did not sleep well... Shame really... Cafe felt really nice and quiet place to rest and meet people, without being noisy (I really don't like party hostels...)

Thnx for all ! The best Staff ever!Nice lacation and atmosphere there!CU again guys,for sure!! Thimios

I though that this was a great hostel. Great price and location, staff was friendly and glad breakfast was included. The only suggestion I would like to make is if there could be hooks placed in the restrooms to hang towels.

The staff were wonderful, very welcoming and helpful! My friends and I loved Amsterdam and this hostel was in a great location and had amazing breakfast and dinner options! I would definitely come back to Shelter Jordan!