Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Everyone was so friendly!

Good location, good wifi. There are NO Lift in the hostel! The breakfast hav very limited choice when comparing to my expereince in other hostel. Each person only allow to have one set of breakfast and my breakfast is only one cheese one ham with 2 bread. Other things of these hostel is fine.

The hostel was very clean and I felt very safe staying here. The location was close to thr Central station either walking or on the tram. I would definitely stay here again if I was to come back to Amsterdam.

• 19th Jun 2015

Very welcoming and clean!

• 19th Jun 2015

Had such a lovely stay here! It's in a great location, nicest staff ever, was able to hire bikes an get breakfast included. I was a little unsure at first as I was staying in the 18 bed room and it was full, but had no problems at all. Will definitely come back!

• 18th Jun 2015

room with 18 bedrooms was not that good because there was no key for room

• 17th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in the 6-beds male room and it was quite nice and clean, each bed had a power outlet, so that was very convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The place is generally quiet but you can still meet people, most people seemed open to mingle. Cafe downstairs has decent food options and breakfasts are good. It also offers "homemade dinner" but I guess my expectations were too high for that. Besides that everything else was very good and I enjoyed my stay. Will definitely return.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Kyrgyzstan

Was 100% not aware it was a Christian hostel until I checked in and every other person in my room said the same. The staff pushed religion so hard it was sickening. The breakfast was good though and same with the location. Don't stay here if you don't want religion pushed down your throat.

We're sorry if you felt uncomfortable staying with us. We want everyone to feel welcome, whatever you believe. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

Good hostel in a lovely location (felt safe) staff were friendly but did feel it was a little overpriced

• 15th Jun 2015

Pros: located next to the canals, not a busy part of the city if you opt for the smaller dorms you get personal wall outlets staff is very friendly, not pushy at all with the Christianity breakfast is warm, and good Cons: a kitchen would be nice, they do have a microwave if need be. no washer and dryer means going to a laundromat overall thoughts: a nice place in the craziness that is Amsterdam, and the staff are very friendly

Lovely hostel but maybe the common room area could have more sofas in, a computer and maybe a tv. Also maybe more clean showers would be good.

• 15th Jun 2015

Everyone was super friendly and very helpful with information about getting around the city. The hostel also has preferred tickets for some events so you don't have to wait in line or get preferred rates. The breakfast is awesome! The rooms are small and there is only one outlet, so bring a multi-outlet.

Great location in the Jordaan if you're looking for something quieter than Red Light District. Staff was very friendly and they serve the best breakfast of any hostel I've stayed at! I appreciate that each bed have a light and charging station too. Definitely recommend!

Location is very good to take every tram and bus going to important places directly, and it is situated in very safe residential area. However, some rooms have only one code so It was so inconvenient to use for room members. The hand dryer in bathroom is so loud and noisy, and even I can hear that annoying noisy in my room...

• 12th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

staff was helpful in helping me around amsterdam

The hostel was great because the staff was very friendly and helpful. They made good recommendations for seeing parts of the city and the food they provided (dinner on Fridays and breakfast everyday) was great! It is a well kept building although I was upset at the fact that there were not many electrical outlets in the room. It's a typical college dorm kind of building.

• 12th Jun 2015

Great that you enjoyed your time with us. If you come back you'll see that we've added lots more electrical outlets in the rooms. Thanks for your feedback - we really do listen :)

Good: - Amazingly helpful staff with great attitude - Breakfast is great - hot and cold options, handmade - Bathrooms and showers are clean and plentiful for each floor - Wifi is great and so is the cafe Bad: - Not enough power outlets - but they do let you charge at the front desk - rooms are super packed at 18 (don't underestimate how much it will smell particularly for boys rooms) - they had booking issues and I found a random person in my bed at night, but they solved the problem

Great to hear your feedback - thank you! And we've improved the power outlets. Many more added to every room so most people now have their own light and electricity socket next to the bed :)

It was my first time staying at a hostel. I was quite surprised on everything. Everything went really well.

• 11th Jun 2015

The staff were very welcoming.

• 9th Jun 2015

rooms are quite narrow meaning the 6 person dorm felt cramped with everyone's stuff in there. Breakfasts were good and a hot option was included on the free list. The hostel is a street from Anne Frank's House and is a nice area that is accessible by trams and by walking. While the staff were nice and friendly they were not knowledgeable on touristy things: I would expect them to have heard of touristy sites and be familiar with the ticket attraction offers advertised in the hostel.