Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hôtel, good location, staff was nice, very helpful and friendly. The showers was small but good enough

Facilities no good, very rundown building, needs a bit of painting and TLC, showers and toilets a bit yuky, nice café and ok breakfast. Staff friendly and helpful most of them, but too many staff, sometimes it gets a bit chaotic. Un male member of staff got a bit rude with me, demanding to see my entry voucher in a not very nice manner.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Spain

Very good hostel! I would stay again! Stayed in 4 dorms room. Very clean.

The hostel wasn't in as quiet a location as they made it seem (maybe quieter than other hostels however). All night I could hear people outside on the street and in the hostel itself, coming back after a night out. The window was open in our unit, but it was too high up for me to reach to shut it, & I think it would have been too hot in there if I had have shut it. The staff were great and informative, but misdirected me to a train stop, which was inconvenient.

• 1st Oct 2014

Loved the people! Thanks for a great stay in Amsterdam.

Rooms were small, but that's expected. Staff was very helpful and engaging. The one downside for me was that there weren't enough outlets in the rooms to charge electronics; however, the cafe/lounge area had a lot and also the front desk had a place to charge them too (it was a ticket system for security, I didn't use it, but I know others did). Atmosphere was great!

The location is perfect, you can find so many attractions around by just walking in about 10 minutes. Great and helpful staff. You should try hanging out in the cafe, you may find some interesting conversation with the people there.

No in room lockers big enough for packs, whilst religious not overly pushy about it ... Average hostel nothing bad but nothing outstanding

The staff was very friendly. I would love to stay at this hostel again. The breakfast was delicious as well. I am definitely recommending others to go to Shelter Jordan.

• 26th Sep 2014

I felt extremely safe while staying at Shelter Jordan, and I think that's why I liked it so much, Despite sharing a bedroom with 18 girls, I knew that both my belongings and myself were safe. Additionally, the staff was extremely helpful and the free breakfast was great! It didn't feel like a hostel, it felt like a home.

Facility is good! But When I get out the shower room, too cold ;;

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. There are lockers in all the rooms (bring your padlock) and storage room near reception, which were really useful. As a female travelling alone, I felt very safe there. Breakfast is great! There are 3 options, musli with fruit and yogurt/milk, bread with ham and cheese, and a hot breakfast option which changes everyday. Also comes with coffee and juice. Excellent value!! The only criticism is the poor wifi in some rooms and even in the reception level.

Shelter Jordan felt like a second home from the very first moment I entered it. The staff are extremely welcoming and do their job very well. Perfect for any number of nights, as the facilities are very nice. The food included is very nice considering the price, and one can always ask to have something done a bit different - they will comply in any way they can. I cannot stress how nice and safe this place feels, so if you want a place to stay that feels like a home, go to Shelter Jordan!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Denmark

Great hostel with great staff!! Clean bathrooms, good shower with hot water all the time and amazing breakfast (always go for the pancackes!). The only con was that there was only one power socket in my room (with 5 beds).

Location is a bit far but close to the bus station to the airport. room is tiny and there is only one power socket for the 4 bed dorm! Shower floor is at the same level with the washroom so water will flood everywhere. Otherwise staff are very friendly and they do make huge efforts trying to help. Security is excellent and this is the only place I stayed that ask for hostel card for entry.

This is my first time to stay at a hostel and the staffs are nice. I enjoy the stay however, it would be great if they can make the room light brighter. I was expecting to attend the bible discussion but somehow I didn't see any. Good and safe location, great price.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Belize

Most/all of the staff were volunteers who were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included so it's incredibly good value. There is no kitchen for guests but I'd recommend the dinner at 6 Euros. It's a good and quiet location near a tram station. It is secure as they check your voucher on entry. The dorm had large lockers (bring you own lock). There was a lack of power sockets - only 1 for the room of 5 so you need to ask the staff at reception to charge your phone.

This place has nothing in common with Amsterdam

The staff were amazing, the location was pretty good, and even though we only stayed one night, it was quiet and refreshing (especially after a transatlantic flight). The room I stayed in was very large and a bit crowded, but people were respectful and tried to be as quiet as possible while people were sleeping.

• 13th Sep 2014

nice staff,good location very easy to find.

• 13th Sep 2014