Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We stayed here for only one night bc we knew it would be quiet and we desperately needed to sleep. It's good for that, but if you're looking for crazy people to go out with at night, you're SOL

Very friendly staff! The hostel was in Jordan, though not too far but still quite a walking distance from the major sightseeing points. The rooms are small, and I recommend getting up early for the showers. The washrooms did smell a little but bearable. The cafe was also a very good space for people one another and their breakfasts are good!

good hospitality,various events,possibility to eat there well and with cheap prices. clean although there were many people and convenient to rent bikes from them. rooms were a bit small and it would be great if there were more wc and showers.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Greece

My friend really enjoyed our stay at shelter jordan! It was fairly close to everything we wanted to see. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the beds were super comfortable! We loved the free breakfast and the fact that there were alot of activities organized by the hostel. The only thing was not having an outlet nearby our bed. But besides that, a recommended hostel for all those heading to amsterdam to visit!:D

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

A fantastic hostel! They have all the facilities one could need and they are only a short walk from the airport bus! Everything was clean, they have a lovely restaurant and everyone was really friendly, plus there is a free breakfast, even to go if you have an early flight! I can only recommend this place and I would stay there again for sure!

Directions from air port to the hostel Via bus could be updated! Says to get off at last stop "Marnixstrat" our bus didn't even say that name so we just got off at the last stop any way which ended up being right. Really close to city Center (dam square, Anne Frank house etc.) Staff friendly and very helpful with info and 24 hour reception desk. WC and dorms well taken care of and food at the cafe was great and good prices. good spot to relax if ur not into partying. Free breakfast was very good

I am fairly disappointed by my stay there. I arrived quite earlier than check in time which is somewhat unreasonably late and I was send away in the cold night. Other down sides was the evident space limitation in the rooms which looked smaller than anticipated, the lack of an elevator, the lack of enough electricity sockets in the rooms (we had only one for 4 persons) and the internet connectivity issues. On the up side it was its cleanses, the security and the character of the lounge area

We're glad you had some good experiences with us but sorry you were disappointed by other things. What time do you think check in time should be? And we're putting in more electricity sockets right now! Soon there will be many more in each room :-)

Absolutely loved staying at Shelter Jordan and wish we could have been there longer! The cafe was such a great place for a bunch of weary backpackers to regroup and relax and the staff went above and beyond in catering to guests. Some of the cleanest dorms we've stayed in, breakfasts are fabulous and include a free hot drink from the cafe, and we loved being able to rent bikes from the hostel and ride around the city! Thanks for caring so much about your guests Shelter Jordan...it shows!

What lovely comments - thank you and come back again soon!

The only thing my group thought would have made the hostel better was more plug ins for phones, electronics, etc. of course we understand there may not be much they can do, but more outlets would have been great. Other than that we very much enjoyed our stay at the hostel.

• 27th May 2015

Thanks for your comments - we're so glad your group had a good time staying with us. And we're putting in more electrical sockets right now! When you next come back most beds will have their own plug in :-)

I've stayed at Shelter Jordan three times and each time have deeply appreciated the friendly, helpful attitude of the staff. This is a very good place to stay. Sure, the accommodations are basic, but how much do you actually need? I like it there.

• 27th May 2015

Safe hostel, staff are friendly and everyone is looking out for you and each other. Plugs in the bedroom are few and far between unfortunately.

Thanks - we're getting more plugs every day! Our electrician is working his way through all the rooms to put electrical sockets by the beds. Hopefully when you come back you'll see a big improvement :-)

Shelter Jordan was absolutely great. The staff is super nice, the hostel itself is pretty great and the fact that it's in Amsterdam just makes it better!

Hostel staff very friendly, and helpful. Location was great. Would def stay there again if I have the chance

Hope to see you again soon then ;-)

Stayed in the dorms. Even with 18 beds it never felt crowded and everyone was quiet even when coming in late at night. No plugs in the room but reception will charge anything you give them for free. Breakfast is simple but fine. Everything is kept clean. Internet was a bit spotty but it was fine for some Skype messages, emails and light browsing to plan the days activities. Overall a very good experience.

• 26th May 2015

Thanks for sharing! We're putting in more electrical sockets in the rooms right now - we know you need them :-)

I love shelter. It's a home to stay, to have breakfast together, to be alone but feeling peace of mind. So grateful.

• 26th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Great experience at Shelter Jordan (it was my first stay in an hostel), personal is very kind. The bathroom could be proper (but I do not know how clean are the others hostels)

• 25th May 2015

Lovely hostel, we really felt at home during our stay. We enjoyed the free walking tour and the tasty dinner which is very affordable. I would definitely stay here again :)

• 22nd May 2015

it is a good place to stay but be aware these are nice people u can't drink or smoke there which is good

I had a great time at Shelter Jordaan and plan to stay again. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, and the amenities make sense if you want value. There is free breakfast every day, free locker storage in rooms, the showers have hot water, and the location is close to the city center. The shelter is not a place for wild parties, which is a refreshing thing to see in Amsterdam. It does offer Christian activities, but they are low key and non-required. Overall, a great stay!

Nice hostel and good environment also :)