Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We received a warm welcome, the dinner was very fine and our sleep was good. What could be a little bit better: The cleanness.

• Switzerland

I recommend the shelter jordan! During our stay there were no problems at all - the staff was always friendly- the rooms simple but clean! Only the bathroom could use some airrefreshener, but the overall experience was very good!

• 8th Aug 2014

Located close to the city centre. Great value for money. My only suggestion would be to have more charging points in the dorms.

• India

The hostel wasnt what i expected. The let anyone come into the rooms at any time (4/5 in the morning) and that isnt correct. I couldnt sleep all night because of that. Also, i think that they dont switch the sheets of the bed. My friend got lices after spending two nights there. the breakfast wasnt good for me. Just few options i didnt like any of it

The room I was in had an extremely loud door. Ear plugs did not help. Amsterdam is a party city so people were going in and out frequently. On my trip I stayed in a lot of hostels but I've never seen such a small room with so many beds. There is very little space and short bunk beds.

We picked the Shelter Jordan because of it being a Christian hostel. All of the staff were very courteous and helpful when we had any questions. Breakfast was great! Beds were comfy. Close to the tram. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

very friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet area, only 2 km walk to main station, close to tram station, no big hostel, wifi works, kind staff who like to make your breakfest

• 2nd Aug 2014

The staff were very nice, although they mostly were foreigners. The facilities are very safe and nice that breakfast is included.

I really liked that there is a charging service offered, considering there aren't enough outlets for everyone to charge their phone in the (18 bed female) dorm. The free breakfast was great!!

• 30th Jul 2014

This was the second time I've stayed at the Shelter Jordan, I've enjoyed each time, and I would certainly stay there again. My only (very mild) criticisms are (1) the hot breakfasts are a little uninspired and (2) it would be helpful to have a computer available for email. John Case johnhecase@yahoo.com

• 30th Jul 2014

I knew it was a Christian hostel, but I didn't realize te extent of it until I got there. No drugs or alcohol, bibles and Jesus paintings everywhere. Group prayer meetings. Etc. All of that is fine and it is a friendly atmosphere but if you are like me, you want something a little more fun. Especially in Amsterdam.

I had a really good time at Shelter Jordan. As a lone traveller i'm very glad i was able to stay in a place where the staff are so welcoming and generous with the facilities and meals. I doubt i would have had such a good holiday if i'd stayed in an expensive hotel.

• 27th Jul 2014

A nice and comfortable place to stay. Close to Ann Frank's house, the tulip and cheese museums and easy enough to get to all the other major attractions. The atmosphere here is good and the staff are friendly.

Wonderful, thank you :)

• 27th Jul 2014

Being a non Christian and having travelled all summer ,as partied all summer for some reason I really really loved this place. Staff were the nicest and most helpful. Location was great. People were cool and respectful and quiet at night. Would go back in a second and loved te vibe.

Very friendly staff and was very helpful! The location is great and a hot breakfast is included which was nice! Would stay here again!

• 27th Jul 2014

I was very impressed with the staff. I thought they were all incredibly friendly, helpful, and responsible. A few examples: they locked the baggage storage room and checked your baggage number, they always verified that you were indeed staying at the hostel before allowing you to go upstairs, I took the free tour on Saturday morning and thought it was well planned, informative, and fun, and I thought the free breakfast was great, it was prepared to take to-go when leaving early my last day.

• 26th Jul 2014

Good hostel, staff very nice. Good breakfast.

One of the best hostels on earth! Clean, friendly, informative, helpful and kind staff. Wonderful meals all day!!!!

Staff were lovely and eager to help. Accomodations were nice. Food was good and much less expensive than non-hostel food.

• 24th Jul 2014