Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel had a very relaxed atmosphere which made it easy to meet people, especially with free events such as the Dutch food tasting session. The free breakfast was also very good and it was always a good start to my day.

With the exception of the "problem" in the reception(in the other comment),everyone was nice.The "hot" breakfast changes everyday and although you cannot serve yourself, they give a good amount of food!The beds and pillows are nice; the rooms with 8beds have a small space between bunk beds and I wasn't excepting but the 18 bed rooms have a lot of space although depending on where you stay your locker may stay not adjacent to the bed (we've stayed in both of them).Everything very clean and quiet!

As most of the staffs were volunteers in the hostel , it was so easy to talk and ask about everything. The only thing was I would suggest any new visitor not to book 18 bed dorm and go for fewer beds dorm. Besides that the hostel was fantastic.... :)

Be careful Bedbug ! I slept one night and next day i saw 3 bedbug on the wall near my bed so i told reception but first they said it seems like there are no bedbug anymore so its okay for u to sleep here but how could i sleep there ? So i changed my room without my luggage. After changing dorm i checked my bed and saw bedbug again ! Everywhere ! Except bedbug , location is good to go Anne house.

The staff at Shelter Jordan were very welcoming and helpful. I found the rooms very clean and comfortable for a one night stay and would book there again.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Super cool. Really a shelter, perfectly hidden from the busy rushes elsewhere in urban areas or at home (...). And with the tram around the corner it is possible to leave the shelter if you decide to do so. Perfect place to meet people and encourage each other in the family living room cq cafe.

The breakfast is not bad, you have some varieties, but the portion is a little bit small. The hostel itself is really nice, quiet and peaceful, staffs are friendly, good security, they will check the card before you can go up to your room. Bed and bathroom is clean.

I loved my stay there! The staff/volunteers are so friendly and open you feel right at home. Great vibe and breakfast was also delicious. Will definitely recommend Shelter Jordan. Thank you everyone!

In terms of atmosphere, Shelter Jordan is one of the best I've been in :) The staff are so friendly and helpful, and their presence makes the hostel so warm, cozy and friendly. It was such a nice place to come back to at the end of a long day :) It will help if there are more lights in the dorms though!

Wi-fi signal is weak in the dorms.

Nothing special but cheap with breakfast included, in a decent location, I'm not religious but doesn't matter, good cheap spot for a night

One of the best hostels i've ever been to. Felt really safe with the 24 hour reception where guests need to produce their receipt when entering. 15min walk to Dam square via well-lit roads. Free breakfast is amazing, especially their hot options. I also love the other food available for sale at the hostel. You can get a filling meal for just 5 Euros, way cheaper than anywhere outside. The Bami and Nasi meals also reminded me of the way noodles and rice are fried at home.

it was a very warm hostel with helpful staff ...clean and near the center ...

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Greece

The hostel is good but the staff is the best part of it! I would definitely come back and recommend this hostel to anyone! ;)

It was a very good hostel, very clean and near the dam square. The staff was really nice and with a lot of disposition to help.

• 24th Nov 2015
  • EliRiquelme
  • Chile

This is my second stay in Shelter Jordan and again I am very happy about it. I f I visit Amsterdam again, I will stay at Shelter Jordan;)

I travel a lot, but I have never stayed at a better hostel than the Shelter Jordan. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and the facilities were marvelous. We stayed three nights for a cheap 50 US dollars.

• 23rd Nov 2015

staff were very friendly and could help me out when I had a problem. the free breakfast makes this great value for money!

We loved the cafe room a lot and the free breakfast was great. Liked the 24-hour, friendly staff too.

• 20th Nov 2015

I was a solo female traveller for 2 nights. My plans changed and I ended up staying an extra 2 nights. The price is unbeatable for the location. A few blocks away from the Ann Frank house. And if you walk everywhere like me, only a 20 minute walk from the main station. The bathroom was not the cleanest, but there were hot showers. The free breakfast includes a hot option of the day (pancakes, french toast, or ham and eggs) and a hot drink. Outstanding when compared to most free breakfast options

• 20th Nov 2015