Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A lovely hostel with a great community, and very helpful staff.

• 9th Nov 2014

I'm wondering that if you could add some sockets in the 18 girls room. Cuz it's not very convenient for us to share only one sockets in a 18-peoples room. especially when the only sockets is on the wall besides the door..

I loved my stay for the staff here, they are very kind and friendly and I made friends with them. People not lock the doors to the room at all, luckily there was lockers. I really wish the room was cleaner. When I came in, there was dust on the blanket with a hole in it. It was not clean at all. I still slept in it because I had already paid for it. I also noticed I had blue fabric from the blanket in my hair whenever I brushed it. Now I am paranoid about if I brought back any bugs in my skin.

• 8th Nov 2014

very nice staffs. girls' rooms are in separated floors with boys'.

The breakfast was awful. Very poor, better to skip it completely if what you offer is old/sour Musli and a fruit. At least offer fresh and healthy musli. It doesnt have to be expensive even.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was great! Very safe, clean, and close to public transit, but also walkable to the Anne Frank Museum and a few other sites. The breakfast was also excellent: cooked meals each day made fresh! Plus big lockers and the facilities were clean. If in Amsterdam, I reccomend staying here (unless you want to drink in your hostel: this is an alcohol free Christian one)

terrible wifi in 3F man's room

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I had a very bad time because people were smoking dope in my room, and being very antisocial, and although staff were nice about it they did little to stop it.

• 1st Nov 2014

Very good hostel with lovely staff. Considering that the dinner was free (because it included Christian preaching together with games for knowing each other) - the value for money was great. Breakfast was basic though. The best thing was that no smoking, drugs and alcohol are allowed - what makes the place quite and safe.

It was a place to sleep. It's close to the Anne Frank House and a healthy breakfast is served. It was just average. However, for the price, I think it wasn't that atrocious.

Lovely staff, good location but not overly central. Also while its a Christian hostel it doesn't feel pressured or preachy so no one will be uncomfortable here.

I really had a good time in this Hostel. Very well located, very quiet, very good breakfaste. Definitely, i loved my stay here.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for everything!! Great hostel :) very nice staff and good atmoshpere :)

• 27th Oct 2014

the only thing ishe not to have the possibility to recharge your device in the room but I can understand the reason behind and at the end it is not a big problem... great atmosphere and perfect if you are travelling alone.

The hotel is run by young Christain people, which made the atmosphere really great.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • China

Really good place to be here.. With a clear message;) Johan

• 24th Oct 2014

Decent hostel—wifi in the cafe was good, room had large lockers, location is a bit of a walk from the Centraal Station. I'm all about hostel security, but I prefer a keycard or locked door past reception that the reception opens rather than the slightly annoying shout asking if I have a voucher once I'm halfway up the staircase. Overall, a decent hostel though. I'd stay here again.

we booked a room with a toilet in it but unfortunately when we arrived there, the toilet is outside the room. the sink in the room is also smelly and the bad odour stays in the room. Lack of air movement in the room which make the surrounding in the room stuffy.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

房子拐出去背后就是tram站牌,很方便。步行去中心车站大概30分钟。如果做tram只需要10分钟

Safe and you can get a small room fora great price! Love the free breakfast and the convenience of getting it to go if you are leaving early. Never enough paper towels in the bathroom though - my only complaint.

• 21st Oct 2014