Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Male and female dorms are separated (women 1st floor, men 2nd one) but the ALL floors are completely prohibited for one or for the other gender. Quite Incredible i think. What are they afraid of that we can not even go to the 'female corridor'? Thanks God, i'm gay. Except for that, good place to stay. Really nice breakfast.

• 6th Jul 2014

This hostel is in a peaceful and trendy area of Amsterdam. The staff sas very helpful, the breakfast id Ok (pancakes!!!) i will recommend this place! ✌️👍

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Excellently located hostel, good hearty breakfast and the staff is really helpful

Located in the beautiful Jordaan district, the Shelter Jordan is conveniently located near the Anne Frank Huis and a variety of small shops. Their staff is a little disorganized at times, but is extremely warm and friendly. They also saved our butts the first night because we had screwed up our hostel reservation by a day and found ways to accommodate us for the night. There is a lovely free breakfast, and convenient phone charging at the front desk. It was a great experience!

• 5th Jul 2014

Very nice and cozy hostel, good location, very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend this place. I would definitely stay at this hostel again! :)

Very good breakfast and friendly staff. We had a nice stay at the hostel.

• Poland

Terrible hostel. Worst I've ever stayed 1) reception opens the luggage room for anyone n everyone without checking tags 2) checking in/out is very slow. This lady called Esther even said to her fellow recep to just ignore the q n take her own time 3 room is like a jail - dark, windows that can't be open, no heater/ AC 4) recep knows nothing - fares, recommended restaurants, things to do etc 5) room extremely dusty and smelled dank 6) only 1 power outlet and everyone had to fight

• Singapore

Sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience staying with us. For future guests I just want to say that all our rooms have heaters, powered ventilation and windows that open. We'll do our best to work on the other issues :)

The staff were extremely confused because they were all volunteers. It's a cool system but it was an extremely frustrating experience

Rooms clean, fscilities good, free breakfast was appreciated and staff very friendly, location was great. Unfortunately two of my roommates, in a 4share room, came in at 3am and would not stop talking! albeit quietly! they just kept going! Room was a stuffy..

• 4th Jul 2014

Quite a nice place. Some problems with Wi-Fi.

Wish I'd been told in advance to bring a lock. There are very few plugs, and it's a challenge to get your phone charged at the reception because everyone wants to do so. But apart from that the staff was very friendly, and I felt safe given that I slept in a huge dorm in a hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014

I had great times in Amsterdam and one of the reasons was this hostel. I stayed awesome 4 days there, the people are really nice and helpful. Definitely i will stay there again. The only weak point is that they dont have plugs in the bedroom, sometimes it can be reaally annoying. But the good points overcome this. Thanks A Lot Lucas Lima, Brazilian

My friend and I had a great time. The staff was lovely! We hope to visit again soon!

• 3rd Jul 2014

For the price, Shelter Jordan is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It was clean, staff was great and accommodating, and overall it was a great hostel ans one of the cheapest in town.

The hostel is located close to many Museum, and not to far from the city center. The staff is young, friendly and helpfull.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Nice place, a little far from the main areas, but still a pretty location.

The hostel is very good.I loved........Kisses.

• 1st Jul 2014

The location wasn't the best but not so inconvenient that I wouldn't recommend staying here. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best I've had at any hostel. The WiFi does not work in the rooms.

PEREFECT!! Best hostel I ever stayed at!! And I stayed at a LOT of hostels in my life... Lovely staff and guests. It is a very calm atmosphere and you feel very safe :) Breakfast is good, Beds and sheet are completely clean. I will definitely come back.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Well I know Amsterdam is expensive, but $40 AUD for a bed in an 18 bed dorm is a lot; hence the value for money item rated far less than the others. When I thought it was 13 Euros it was a shock and to read that that was the off season price,so the hike up the scale to more than double seems quite steep. As I did the sums of the number of beds and the staff being made up largely of volunteers ( not a feature allowed to most businesses by law ) I did wonder where all the capital went.

• 30th Jun 2014