Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Only about a 20 minute walk from Dam Square or other attractions, this hostel was great. The staff was awesome and even cooked a hot breakfast every morning which was delicious. The 18 bed female dorm had dividers which created a sense of privacy despite the large number of people in the room. Blankets, pillows and lockers are provided and you can check your luggage at the front desk even after you checked out. However, there was only one electrical socket for 4 people which was a hassle.

I appreciate staff of Shelter Jordan, your work is amazing. I like the soft tone of the bed lights, it is so good to have washbasins inside the room. The beds are easy to climb=) The sheets were clean, so the bathroom and even the toilets in the entrance. The breakfast may not be enough for a male adult but it is nice, besides there is three choices for breakfast and one of them is a baked option(pancakes or omlette). Location is both quiet and close to transportation. The guests are quiet.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in! It was so clean, the staff were so friendly, the rooms were comfortable and sufficient. The showers were great! I felt perfectly safe and because the staff were so friendly. The "take-away" breakfast option was great, as I had to leave before 8 am. This is not a party hostel, which I greatly appreciated, as not all travelers want to stay up and drink all night. If there was one downside it would maybe be location--not as close as other hostels.

I am not religious, but really enjoyed staying here. The staff were the most helpful hostel workers I have met and the others staying there were great, as well. The rooms were well organized and the bathrooms very clean. There is free breakfast which was helpful. I recommend this hostel for anyone whether religious or not.

This is a great hostel in general but i had trouble sleeping here. Firstly, the pillows are very big & it was impossible for me to rest my neck on such huge pillows. Secondly, it was really cold at night in the rooms & also toilets. Either the central heating system wasn't working or switched off. The windows in the room were open & cold wind coming in all night (I tried to close them but couldn't reach it) And on top of all this, people coming in at night, u can imagine how frustrating it was

Thanks for your positive ratings, we're glad you enjoyed staying with us. Sorry about the window mechanism though - we've got it fixed now but understand it was cold for you. Enjoy the rest of your travels!

I just loved.

Great stay ! Not expensive and the qualities and kindness is very present.

• 13th Nov 2015

It's very nice hostel, the staffs are really really great, kind and welcome. On Friday evening, you can also join the game of improvising performance with them. I would like to recommend to stay!

Lacks a bit more charisma compared to most hostels in Dam.

• 11th Nov 2015

Really good drug free hostel. Friendly and helpful staff and decent location.

The bathrooms were gross. The walls of the toilet stall look like they've never been cleaned. Extremely Small rooms.

Staff are helpful and friendly. The area is a residential with an authentic peaceful atmosphere that gives a good reflection of Dutch city life, as well as being right by the beautifully picturesque canals. The facilities are good with clean sheets, hot water and a basic breakfast. As a 40 + female travelling on my own I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 10th Nov 2015

Something was taken from my room by cleaning person

Thank you for your positive rating and we're sorry to hear that something was taken. Fill in the contact form on our website and we'll see if we can help you further and help fix the problem.

The experience there was really good. They offer all support that it necessary for who is looking for a good atmosphere, new friends and opportunity to know Amsterdam. I recommend this hostel because I always looking for a place to rest and calm.

Had a great time in Amsterdam thanks to the friendly staff at Shelter Jordan. Overall, the hostel facilities were clean and well maintained, the atmosphere was very welcoming, and the location was beyond perfect! Located a walking distance from most tourist attractions, it was easy to get around and find my way back. Plus I never felt unsafe while walking back during the night hours. Would definitely recommend staying here!

The staff were very nice and friendly at this hostel. I really appreciated the quiet atmosphere at night and also thought the location was great as it was close but not too close to the busier streets of Amsterdam.

The staff is very welcoming and loving. I had a pleasant stay at the Hostel. The sleeping arrangement was good and great food for breakfast/ dinner. One thing to stress is that you'll need to bring your own lock of a certain diameter (5mm) in order to lock stuff in the lockers. Other than that, I really had a pleasant time with my stay at Shelter Jordan. I would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

• 7th Nov 2015

I had no idea it was a Christian Hostel until I arrived, which was slightly off-putting for me. But the staff was ridiculously nice and I am so glad that I decided to stay here. The breakfast served was incredible and it was pretty good in terms of facilities. I would definitely go back and stay here and I recommend it to everyone.

Hostel was amazing! Will definitely be recommending to friends. Staff were really lovely and hospitable. Couldn't have hoped for anywhere better to stay. Thank you for making my trip so special.

• 6th Nov 2015

Great Hostel ! Staff members were incredibely friendly. A bit expensive for an hostel but I do recommend.

• 6th Nov 2015