Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is more than 1 km from the central station. Very easy to access by tram. The breakfast is very nice and different everyday when i stay there. It is very close to ANNE'S HOUSE. The staff are nice and environment is very good.

The worst hostel ever.

I enjoyed my stay and I will definitely use your hostel again when I visit Amsterdam. Very nice staff and quality of the hostel is just super! :)

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Perfect location in the best district of the city. Different from the over touristic Red Light District, much more beautiful and interesting. 3min from Trams 13 and 17 which lead to the Centraal Station. Even if it took about 30min to go to the Museumplein, Waterlooplein or Rembrandplein, it was not a problem for me who like to walk, it is the best way to discover the city. The Shelter Jordaan was clean, quiet, and provided everything we needed. Thank you !

• 18th Aug 2014

best night sleep had at this place.

This hostel is very average. An American girl working at reception threatened to kick me out of hostel if I forget to show my receipt.

There's nothing negative to say.. The hostel was clean, showers/toilets.. It was the first time in a very long time I did 'hosteling'. I would very much recommend this hostel indeed. Lovely staff, very genuine sincere. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam and hostel Jordan! Though, being English you'd be best advised to take your own favourite tea bags and sweeteners especially if your diabetic. This is one criticism I have they need to look at providing low carb breakfast cereal etc. :)

• 16th Aug 2014

A great hostel in a fantastic location, close to Rozengratz's shops and cafes and the Anne Frank House, as well as an easy walk to tram lines. Good beds too! The staff and the common room/cafe really made it for me, though. Everyone who worked/volunteered at the hostel was super friendly and more than willing to chat, hang out, offer help or recommend places to go. They were always friendly and their warmth infused the whole place! Cafe had good food and was a great place to hang out.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very nice, comfortable, friendly, welcoming place to stay. The staff were helpful, the food was good, the place was in a great location on a residential street but close to the centre. I would recommend this hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very high security

• 10th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was so nice and I loved staying here. There is a great option to work for a bed for 28 days without a work visa if you are looking for an extended stay. :)))

I stayed twice: on 8 and 16 august for one night.I payed for 8beds room and if you do not have bed under/below,there isnt place/chair to put bagagge to take something and I do not like to put my baggage on bed of someonelse as somebody did on mine last night. I found sheets dirty. In both dates staff at recepetion was not well informed and I stayed for long time in front of them before somebody ask me : do you need something? probably what was on tv/pc was more interesting.chararcters finished

• 8th Aug 2014

We received a warm welcome, the dinner was very fine and our sleep was good. What could be a little bit better: The cleanness.

• Switzerland

I recommend the shelter jordan! During our stay there were no problems at all - the staff was always friendly- the rooms simple but clean! Only the bathroom could use some airrefreshener, but the overall experience was very good!

• 8th Aug 2014

Located close to the city centre. Great value for money. My only suggestion would be to have more charging points in the dorms.

• India

The hostel wasnt what i expected. The let anyone come into the rooms at any time (4/5 in the morning) and that isnt correct. I couldnt sleep all night because of that. Also, i think that they dont switch the sheets of the bed. My friend got lices after spending two nights there. the breakfast wasnt good for me. Just few options i didnt like any of it

The room I was in had an extremely loud door. Ear plugs did not help. Amsterdam is a party city so people were going in and out frequently. On my trip I stayed in a lot of hostels but I've never seen such a small room with so many beds. There is very little space and short bunk beds.

We picked the Shelter Jordan because of it being a Christian hostel. All of the staff were very courteous and helpful when we had any questions. Breakfast was great! Beds were comfy. Close to the tram. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

very friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet area, only 2 km walk to main station, close to tram station, no big hostel, wifi works, kind staff who like to make your breakfest

• 2nd Aug 2014

The staff were very nice, although they mostly were foreigners. The facilities are very safe and nice that breakfast is included.