Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Too much noise. Doors noisy. Nowhere for people to gather and talk downstairs so they gather and talk loudly And laugh loudly until 2 in the morning in the hall outside the bedrooms.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel, great atmosphere, good location and delicius breakfest, I think everything travelers wany.

el desayuno no se puede repetir.

The people who is working in the hostal are very kind. The place is very very clean and you are in the city center in 10 minits. I would repeat!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Spain

I got 3 big bites of something and it still hurting :( Good location

nice place to sleep :)

Lockers require specific type of padlock to work - mine didn't and had to buy one. Ladders into top bunk are a little tricky and unstable to use. Breakfast was nice and lounge too. And garden area. Wifi not very good.

Very clean hostel, it's located in a nice neighborhood. And the staff were amazing!

Did not realise it was a no-drug, Christian hostel, in fact it was quite a shock when I arrived. It was clean and friendly and I was able to smoke in the day and just not bring any weed back to the hostel. I wouldn't recommemd this hostel for smokers or drinkers but it is pleasant enough and easy to navigate to. There is also a tiny gallery on the same road that is free and worth a quick visit, it's called Fons Weters Galerie. The nearest coffee shops are 1eHulp and Funky Munkey.

We had a great tme everyone was really nice and as 2 older ladies we really appreciate and will always remember our stay at shelter jordan

• 5th Sep 2015

I stayed at Shelter Jordan while in Amsterdam for a few days. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there! It is a good, clean hostel with a great atmosphere. And I feel that mainly comes from the staff. They're phenomenal. Very welcoming, very gracious and very willing to help with whatever they can. The staff here was one of the big perks. It's in a safe area and I always felt very secure. Loved the hot showers, free breakfast, kitchen amenities, light and power outlet at each bed.

The room setup was but difficult because the room we were in was 8 beds in a very narrow space, but it was clean and well cared for. Overall it was a nice stay. I loved that breakfast was provided and we were able to enjoy the wifi everywhere in the hostel.

If you want a calm place to enjoy your stay in Amsterdam this is the right place.

Overall a decent hostel. It is VERY Christian and they don't let you forget it. If you sit in the common area for long enough you will be approached multiple times to participate in evening prayer or bible study or to sing songs it was a little too much for me but the Winifred doesn't work in the rooms. Moderately clean rooms but I did see a mouse in the common room and when I told the staffer at the desk he didn't seem to worried. Overall wouldn't stay again but is an ok place.

Fantastic hostel to stay at. Good location in a beautiful part of town, great staff, friendly and helpful. Clean, well kept, and offer great break fasts!

The only problemas with the shelter was that the lockers near the beds were very small, for a average backpack. They fix it with the room near the reception. The rest was nice.

Great staff and good food :) awesome location for just walking around the city..

Great hostel! Awesome people! Healthy environment! Would go back to Amsterdam if I am in that neck of the woods again just to stay there.

Good place to sleep. Just one thing, the rooms are for like 18 persons so if you dont like crowds maybe you wont like it. However, its important to say that nothing happens when i was there, everything went well.

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Peru

And we also have smaller rooms if 18 people in a dormitory scares you! Most of our rooms have 4 or 5 beds.

Too small to active in room But staffs are very kind Location is soso