Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent in all aspects!!! =)

If you like Jesus, and not having any fun, this is the place for you.

Very nice place to stay... Highly recommended

• 1st Feb 2015
  • India

I loved this hostal. They were so sweet, organized and prepared to help you with literally anything you needed. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and breakfast was delish!! I am not religous at all and actually just chose this place because there was no room at my friends hostal but by the end of my trip all my friends wished they stayed with me! Thank you so much shelter jordan for giving me a great first hostal experience, I will most definetley be seeing you again!

I really really liked this hostel. I stayed in a 18 bed female dorm, although the 2 nights I stayed there, they were no more than 4 people in the room at a time. The room was split up very well for privacy too, and had lockers and such. The breakfast was free and was GREAT. I had a warm breakfast with toast and eggs and ham and cheese and it was so great and, FREE. They had other options too. The workers seem like they love being here, and they're all volunteers. I felt welcome in this hostel.

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staffs, good location (but far away from central station. yet it is okay because there is a tram station nearby. Delicious superb breakfast. the only bad thing yet funny is you have to like their page on Facebook in order to get the free wifi and you have to post " I enjoy my stay at this hostel" on Facebook. But everything was all great.

Really great safe spot to explore the city. Happily stay again!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very laid back community. They have lots of young people on working vacations that staff the hostel, so there are always cool people to hang out with. They're all super nice. All of the girls on staff are really cute (especially the German painter at the reception). Guys were either old or slightly antisocial but it was definitely a safe environment. Definitely not a party hostel but it's a great way to settle into the peaceful side of Amsterdam. Safest hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam.

Great little place, friendly staff and really great atmosphere. Breakfast was pretty decent too. 15 euro deposit for key.

• 15th Jan 2015

As a non-Christian I felt very comfortable in this hostel. It wasn't like other hostel's I've visited but it served it's purpose. It was a pleasant experience, met some nice people. Staff were also really professional, and most importantly, kind. Even though our stay wasn't long, they didn't try to bible bash us at all. If you're interested in becoming Christian on you're vacation, this might be a perfect place to start.

• 12th Jan 2015

It is a bit expensive as I am staying there only for a Sat night. But it is still great, as the staff out there are really warm. They are willing to talk with anyone and give a hand.

I spent a night at the hostel with three of my friends and we really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. We stayed in a four person room that is a little small for four strangers but was perfect for my friends and I. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see and found a couple great coffee shops and restaurants in the Jordaan area. The hostel provides Christian activities but isn't uncomfortable for those who aren't Christians either.

Overall good stay at this hostel. Was disappointed that we were not allowed to use the actual kitchen as it is only for the staff, although there is a small refrigerator and microwave provided (a kitchen is not listed under facilities.) Staff was welcoming. Typical metal bunk beds in the dorm, provided with a clean sheet and blanket. Know to bring your own lock for the lockers, or you can buy one from them for 4 euros. This hostel is in a cool area, about a 25 minute walk from the center.

Before i start, i stayed this hostel for just 1night. So what i saw, felt might be correct or incorrect. It was so clean, and there were friendly staffs. And breakfast and dinner(not always) included even though i ate dinner in different restaurant. However there was merely 1 plug in a room for 6people. So i had to take my phone to reception to charge although it was safe place. Lastly, They have key deposit €15.

I will rate the hostel as a very good one. It is just for a walking distance from the center in a nice neighborhood. The free breakfast is tasty, the rooms are a bit small. I recommend you bringing an electricity distributor, cause every room has only 1 slot. The Wi-Fi works fine, the staff is kind and the hostel is genuinely clean. I think i will come back here next time i'm in Amsterdam. Thx for the hospitality and for the great staff!

The staff was amazing, approachable, very helpful, and helped to build a very welcoming community even though I was only there for one night. There is also a city walk I caught that morning and the staff took us out to tour the smaller side of Amsterdam. Breakfast was also included, even if you aren't there during breakfast times. I would stay here again for sure!

• 2nd Jan 2015

The people working here are very friendly and clearly want to be there. I am not really a Christian but I would gladly stay here again. Amsterdam is a such a party city it's nice to have a quiet and clean place to stay. I was here around new years and the prices were not as jacked up as other hostels at this time. Jordan is a very nice area, not in the center of things but not very far away either- a beautiful part of the city.

• 30th Dec 2014

I'm not religious, but never felt it was pushed at me. Everyone is a lot more considerate and made for one of my better hostel experiences. It's nothing fancy, but it's more than sufficient

Extremelly polite, welcoming and simpathetic staff, always smiling and willing to help. Lockers could bd bigger, though. Ps: In the question "comment was made in:", "Brazilian" is a language option, but in Brazil we speak Portuguese, with a different accent and different slangs.

• 28th Dec 2014

Didn't personally find the atmosphere very friendly/sociable, and there were no power outlets in the rooms, though reception would charge your electronics for you. Not a bad hostel, just pretty basic.