Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good and cheap place to stay. You must know that is a catholic hostel and it's a Little bit far away from the very center of the city, but still you can go by walking from there to anywhere. It has its particular things but still, it was a nice place and I met cool people there!

This is the coolest hostel I've never stay!

Staff was friendly and gentile. There was no plugs in the rooms to charge your electronic devices, so you forcely had to give them your devices so that they charge them in the reception, or charge them in the plugs of the common area. There was not wifi in the room as well.

Everything good. There is onething that only one plug in room, really unconvenient. But you can ask for the staff, they will help you.

Friendly staff, hot breakfast, and comfortable living quarters are just the beginning. Shelter Jordan was a wonderful stay. I know I don't just speak for myself when I say it is an environment filled with opportunities for new friendship or quiet solitude if that's what you prefer. I had a wonderful stay- no complaints.

• 8th Jun 2014

noises from the street came into the hostel so i couldnt sleep well.Except that everything was generally good.

Very expensive for a dorm which looks like a cell for prisoners. Breakfast was fine. the room had no charging points for devices, you can go done and give them your mobile/tablet etc and they give you a ticket and charge it for you. That's just stupid and a lot of hassle. What if I want to use my tablet while it's charging? Anyway, I was there for just a night. So I got out of there as quickly as I could

We were not impressed when we came back to the hostel in the evening to find our door unlocked by the cleaner. The cleaner will have to be more responsible.

• 6th Jun 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great - everything within Amsterdam is walking distance and we never even bothered with the metro or buses. If you are concerned about it being a Christian hostel, you have nothing to worry about. Yes, they don't allow drugs or alcohol in the hostel, but if you wanted to go out and come back late that isn't an issue because of the 24 hour reception. No outlets or WIFI in the rooms, but you can charge your phones at reception.

Great place - beds were clean and i had a really positive experience. Keep doing what you do!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • American Samoa

Everything was pretty good at Shelter Jordan. One thing I would mention is that all of the available outlets are in the downstairs cafe. It's free to go sit in there while your phone is charging but inconvenient if you're like me and like to charge your phone overnight. This wasn't a major problem, more of a minor inconvenience. Other than that, everything was great! Free breakfast, friendly staff, great location, I would stay there again!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I stayed at Shelter Jordan for a short time. It was the only straight-edge Christian hostel I had ever visited and I can say that it was a good experience. The place is slightly out of the way from busier parts of the city, but within 30 minutes you can still reach most of the popular destinations. The wifi may not have been the strongest, but the staff was courteous and the games at dinner felt very homely and welcoming. Plus, discovering the piano in the common room was a major plus for me.

Great place to stay!!!!

I think there were many people breaking thr alcohol-rule. There were some noisy boys which brought vodka into the hostel and it really bothetrd me. The breakfast was good but for me not enough. I payed 32€ for only one night and I think it would be just fair if you could go and take breakfast twice. The staff was very nice and there was a good atmosphere. God bless you

• 30th May 2014

There's just one portion of cooked breakfast or muesli per guest, but everyone can get more bread, jam and juice - sorry that you missed that option! Glad that you had a good time though :)

During my stay, a person who was not a hostel guest got in to the building, occupied my bed, and was unwilling to give it away. The situation caused certain tension to the point that that I felt slightly thretened. The atmossphere in the hostel is really nice and I will recomend it to others, but you might consider increasing security measures a bit.

Awesome place to stay. Staff are so friendly and very accommodating. They do not push their beliefs, but are happy to talk if you have questions. Very respectful. Was a quiet hostel to get a good nights sleep in. Would definitely return. It was away from the Red Light district, so not in the centre of Amsterdam, but the walk in was manageable. But I heard from others staying in the centre did not sleep well at all due to the constant noise. And they do not overcharge for food etc Breakfast's A1

Very sweet and caring workers and good location.

• 27th May 2014
  • Denmark

This hostel is in excellent location near Anne Franks house. Nice Quiet neighborhood. This said, rooms are very small with many beds. Before doing Bible study, I would show Christian love to people by removing some beds and making rooms less cramped and crowded. Atmosphere of an orphanage house or soldiers dorm. Stuff in front are volunteers, they are nice but follow some redundant formalities.

The staff was great, the common room was perfect for journaling/socializing, the breakfasts were hearty, and the location CANNOT be beat as far as safe/pretty neighborhoods go. The bathrooms were a bit unpleasant though...nothing horrible, but definitely made me go through my hygiene/shower routine as fast as I possibly could. But I would still stay here again if traveling back through Amsterdam.

I loved the stay at this hostel. It was very clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly. it is well located and the breakfast was great . I loved the way they introduced us to Dutch delicates. then most of all to see young people working for God. This was a wonderful experience. They even have cooked meals in the evening at an very low cost.