Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A good hostel without alcohol and tobacco in Amsterdam! Nice reception and helpful advises.

Very nice place

• 16th Feb 2015

The four-bed room I was in (Dam) is rather cramped, small. The temperature in the room was not warm enough, personally I did not mind that but an extra cover is needed in February.

• 16th Feb 2015

It is very well located and safe. People are also very helpful and friendly. The cafe has a very nice atmosphere and the breakfast is great. However, I would like to suggest an earlier option of breakfast, at 7am for example. So we can leave the hostel very early and enjoy the city.

• 15th Feb 2015

Everything was good. I felt safe and comfortable, however the heater was not working and they provided me an extra blanket just for one night, so it was a little cold but definitely I would come back there.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

It was a great days!! The breakfast is delicious!

The hostel is located realy close to Anne Frank's house, in a quiet street. The staff is AMAZING, the best I ever met. They are nice, friendly and helpfull. Saturday there was free dinner and although I was one hour late, they were kind enough to make me a plate with dessert. Breakfast is great too! The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom (the shower and the cabinets) and the fact that my room was cold. Anyway, had a great experience there!

Excelente hostel!

Shelter Jordan was my first hostel experience and it was more than I expected!! The staff were great and very friendly and helpful! I felt very safe and secure in this hostel. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm and it was very quiet and people were very respectful. The bathrooms and rooms were very clean. The free breakfast was phenomenal!! They made it fresh for you that morning and it was homemade. They do a free dinner every weekend as well which was great and allowed you meet different people!

Besides the fact that there were very few plugs at the hostel, this was a great experience. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Everyone spoke at least two or three languages (dutch, english, and usually spanish). The hot breakfast was also very good. Overall a great hostel.

• 12th Feb 2015

A great hostel, located in one of the prettiest areas of Amsterdam, at walking distance from everything. A very clean, quiet and friendly place. + The staff was extremely helpful on my 1st day - my credit card and my phone didn't work anymore for some reason (the nightmare of all travellers). They let me use the hostel's facilities (and their own phone) until some money was transfered to me by a friend and I could pay for my stay. Thanks ever so much for that !

It was one of the best hostel I stayed since I travel. It's a christian hostel, but you don't feel pushed in any ways. You just can feel the respect and the calm. People play guitar and piano in the kitchen it's lovely. The breakfast is amazing! I had muesli and yogourt with a fruit and a coffee. The only thing is that there is not enough plugs to charge cellphones in the room, but they can charge it for you at the reception!

This is my first time to stay in a Christian hostel and the experience was awesome! The staff showed excellent hospitality and the atmosphere of the cafe was great. Nice breakfast! You can't miss the free walking tour they provide!

The staff are very pleasing and its a perfect youth hostel. If you are well behaved then you will like this place. I loved the 2 girls in the kitchen who despite last minute reservations had food for us and the guy at the reception desk was patient enough to answer all our questions. It is perfect for someone travelling during the day and returning for sleep.

I wish there were more outlets! That was a major problem. But the breakfast was good, staff was nice, I was just confused as to why there were so many older people because it is a youth hostel.

Excellent in all aspects!!! =)

If you like Jesus, and not having any fun, this is the place for you.

Very nice place to stay... Highly recommended

• 1st Feb 2015
  • India

I loved this hostal. They were so sweet, organized and prepared to help you with literally anything you needed. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and breakfast was delish!! I am not religous at all and actually just chose this place because there was no room at my friends hostal but by the end of my trip all my friends wished they stayed with me! Thank you so much shelter jordan for giving me a great first hostal experience, I will most definetley be seeing you again!

I really really liked this hostel. I stayed in a 18 bed female dorm, although the 2 nights I stayed there, they were no more than 4 people in the room at a time. The room was split up very well for privacy too, and had lockers and such. The breakfast was free and was GREAT. I had a warm breakfast with toast and eggs and ham and cheese and it was so great and, FREE. They had other options too. The workers seem like they love being here, and they're all volunteers. I felt welcome in this hostel.