Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a great time! The staff was very welcoming, nice and ready to help us. It was a good service they offered us! I will come next time again.

• 1st Nov 2015

BEST FREE BREAKFAST IVE HAD IN 3 MONTHS OF TRAVELLING EUROPE. Eggs, cheese and ham on toast, pancakes, and coffee or hot chocolate every morning. STAFF WERE ALL FANTASTIC. I recommend doing the home cooked meal. It's only 6 euro and you can go back for seconds! Do not hesitate to book this hostel, you will not regret it! Great place to meet others for solo travelers.

What a wonderful review - thank you :) Come back and stay with us again?

Great place to stay, people is really kind, breakfast is delicious!

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Colombia

The place would improve by adding splitting sockets in the rooms so that it would be enough for everyone. Except that, the staff was really nice and they worked hard on the atmosphere. The rule that you can only store the luggage to 18 is really a problem for us who travel by night bus but the staff were really helpful. The flexibility and helpfullness of the staff were great.

We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us. In the smaller rooms there is one socket per bed, but it's more limited in the cheapest dormitories.

Loved my stay here as a solo traveler. The location was great as I wanted to be close to the Anne Frank house but it really was walkable to pretty much everywhere as Amsterdam isn't too huge. However, if you want to be close to the city center/water just go for their other hostel across town. The staff is super nice and helpful, breakfast had options which was a first for me (usually there's no options!) and even the dinner was delicious! If you want to drink/smoke, just do it before!

I found all the staff to be tediously slow any time I had to deal with them - at check in, asking questions, check out. Very friendly and nice, but too slow. It was slow enough that I would think twice about staying there again. I would suggest you train them more - I know they are all volunteers, but that doesn't mean you can't have good service.

My stay in Shelter Jordan was fantastic. I felt very safe, even though I was sleeping in the 18 beds room. Breakfast was great! The staff was a highlight. They were allways open and ready to help you with a smile or even to actualy get to know you. I Idefinitly reccomend it also considering the price which is so great!

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

Great staff, if your looking for a youth hostel with less chance of being woken my a bunch of late teens/early twenties out of their face, this is the hostel for you.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Wales

Very nice place to stay, staff was very helpful and hostel was extremely QUIET! Don't even know how it's possible, this was first quiet hostel I've stayed and most of the people were sleeping already when me and my friend arrived later evening. Breakfast was good but sadly limited :D

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Finland

Great that you enjoyed staying with us and I'm sorry you didn't see that you can always get more bread, jam and juice. The hot option and the muesli option are limited, but everyone can have as much of the bread option as they like.

Good location and friendly staff, however the room a little bit small.

Had some weird characters in this hostel, especially the dude who tried subtly convincing me he was Jesus. Most people use this place since it's the cheapest option. made some good friends here, though, most people aren't Christian. Friendly staff. There are a bit too many people per room.

Great location, great breakfast. Checkin was very very friendly ( a man from Uruguay) Check out Less friendly, unfortunatelly. Breakfast ist great.

• 23rd Oct 2015

I put everything excellent, but I could put "Super Excellent" for staff, were it possible. Thank you very much for all staff, volunteers, and everyone else involved.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • South Korea

the place is perfect. Breakfast is not just bread n butter but also ham, omelet and others depend on the days, meal during the day is cheap and delicious. Dinner for 6 euro only, will stay here again if i come back to amsterdam.

Very nice hostel in safe area (Jordan) about 5min walk from Anne Frank huis, 10 min from Dom & 20 min from train station. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast incl. and made fresh daily. Great start to the day. Kitchen facilities are limited (fridge and microwave) Really comfortable and secure feeling to it. Would recommend.

Wonderful hostel! The staffs were nice and it's clearer they are well-organised. I was surprised to have hot freshly-made breakfast in the morning which was included in the room price! I even had pancakes and it was great. The facilities weren't too bad although the shower can definitely be more powerful and hotter. Apart from that, I love this hostel (if you are not a party type person this is a perfect place)!

It is very safe and easy to get tourist spots. The staffs are very kind and generate harmonic and happy atmosphere. Food is good and cost effective.

I had a very nice stay at Jordan since it was the last leg of my trip , it was perfect place to relax and just to take it easy. Good free breakfast and nice dinner.

I really enjoyed my stay in Shelter Jordan. Free breakfast rules! :)

Met Miriam during my check-in and she is very friendly ! Close to a tram station. The only downside is not enough power outlet and have to share among your dormmate Other than that, everything is good !