Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I liked the hostel. It is all well organized. Little too crowded in a room but that is ok for short time.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Russia

If you want to charge your electronic devices you have to leave them at the reception because there isn't anywhere to do it in the rooms. Aside from that, good place to stay at and they serve a great breakfast.

A little distance away from the main strip but for the price it was worth it.

I'll never forget the look on the other girl's face when the girl from the reception desk was giving the guest in front of me a brief introduction about the hostel quite carefully, the look was like: She's still learning. So that was my first impression of Shelter Jordan. For me it's a wonderful thing to see beginners in a quite developed(?) hostel. In Shelter Jordan, travelers can work to exchange food and a place to live, so you'll meet a footballer crew from Portugal, a singer crew from Spain

Thank you for a great stay at Shelter Jordan! We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hostel. Could not have been more pleased.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Overall, it was a really good experience beyond the usual discomfort of sharing a room with strangers. The door to the room I was in the first night (Vondelpark) squeaked really bad and everyone woke up whenever it was opened by another guest throughout the night. but the other room I stayed in was fine. The bathrooms were great though the shower tended to randomly change temperature. The best part was the clean Christian atmosphere in the common room.

• 20th Jun 2014

Awesome place! Great people and facilities. Very fast WiFi.

• 20th Jun 2014

wish there were more plugs on the room. there was only one in a four-bed-room. not practical when you want to charge your phone.

• 19th Jun 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Shelter Hostel. The hostel was very clean and well-maintained. The location was also excellent for exploring the city centre.

It is ok for the price. Little bit far from the city center but a quiet and peaceful place/neighborhood.

Great stay at the shelter Jordan! Breakfast was ordered- eggs were good. The rooms were clean and had lockers. Not many power points but reception had a drawer of outlets to charge devices, handy!! Nice cafe with cheap food. Really good stay

• 18th Jun 2014

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is amazing!!

The staff was very warm and welcoming, the cafe was awesome and the family dinner was delicious. I felt safe and comfortable during my entire stay.

No plug sockets in dorms, which are old, dingy and badly lit. Breakfast is very small, they charge 1.20 for hot water in a mug!!! The staff are very fake and patronizing, feels like you are being judged. The cafeteria and smoking area are very nice and modern. Overall this hostel is very over priced in my opinion.

The staff were very welcoming, and the breakfast was very nice and communal. The cafe is really cute and a nice place to spend some down time, I was even allowed to continue to use it after I had checked out in the morning as I didn't have a flight until that night. The rooms were clean as were the bathrooms, which had hot water and even provided a blow dryer. Over all this was great value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

A hostel with a great atmosphere, definitely worth your money. I really enjoyed my stay there, the food was great and the staff is nice. The location was good, close to the Anne Frank museum and if you like to take a short walk, you are on a good distance to walk to the Dam Square. There almost always is a toilet or a shower not being used so you don't have to get up really early to take a shower.

• 15th Jun 2014

This is a CHRISTIAN hostel. Boys and girls are separated on different floors in this hostel. Alcohol is band from the hostel attracting a boring crowd. I do not recommend this hostel if you are travelling alone because you will be bored. You need to bring with you a bulky locky to lock the locker. Standard travel locks are not big enough; Useless. Everyone talks about the Flying Pig Hostel.

I lived in a dorm, it was the biggest dorm I've ever lived in. So many people inside that some girls just talked with each other loudly at 12:00 am and no one could stop them....it was frustrating

• 14th Jun 2014
  • China

Not have kitchen and I don´t like cristian activities. But the atmosphere is peaceful and this is nice for us.

Very friendly staff and great price, but I wish there were more outlets and the location was decent