Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is amazing!!

The staff was very warm and welcoming, the cafe was awesome and the family dinner was delicious. I felt safe and comfortable during my entire stay.

No plug sockets in dorms, which are old, dingy and badly lit. Breakfast is very small, they charge 1.20 for hot water in a mug!!! The staff are very fake and patronizing, feels like you are being judged. The cafeteria and smoking area are very nice and modern. Overall this hostel is very over priced in my opinion.

The staff were very welcoming, and the breakfast was very nice and communal. The cafe is really cute and a nice place to spend some down time, I was even allowed to continue to use it after I had checked out in the morning as I didn't have a flight until that night. The rooms were clean as were the bathrooms, which had hot water and even provided a blow dryer. Over all this was great value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

A hostel with a great atmosphere, definitely worth your money. I really enjoyed my stay there, the food was great and the staff is nice. The location was good, close to the Anne Frank museum and if you like to take a short walk, you are on a good distance to walk to the Dam Square. There almost always is a toilet or a shower not being used so you don't have to get up really early to take a shower.

• 15th Jun 2014

This is a CHRISTIAN hostel. Boys and girls are separated on different floors in this hostel. Alcohol is band from the hostel attracting a boring crowd. I do not recommend this hostel if you are travelling alone because you will be bored. You need to bring with you a bulky locky to lock the locker. Standard travel locks are not big enough; Useless. Everyone talks about the Flying Pig Hostel.

I lived in a dorm, it was the biggest dorm I've ever lived in. So many people inside that some girls just talked with each other loudly at 12:00 am and no one could stop them....it was frustrating

• 14th Jun 2014
  • China

Not have kitchen and I don´t like cristian activities. But the atmosphere is peaceful and this is nice for us.

Very friendly staff and great price, but I wish there were more outlets and the location was decent

Friendly, peaceful, relaxed hostel and close to all sites.

I was staying alone in Amsterdam, so decided to stay here because I figured I'd feel safer. In the nicest way possible: my biggest concern is that I'm not at all religious, so I wast sure what the environment would be like - but it was absolutely fine. I felt extremely safe, a great location 5 min walk from Anne Frank house (easy to line up at 8:30am and get in without tickets). The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Good place to stay - unless you're looking for a party hostel.

Good and cheap place to stay. You must know that is a catholic hostel and it's a Little bit far away from the very center of the city, but still you can go by walking from there to anywhere. It has its particular things but still, it was a nice place and I met cool people there!

This is the coolest hostel I've never stay!

Staff was friendly and gentile. There was no plugs in the rooms to charge your electronic devices, so you forcely had to give them your devices so that they charge them in the reception, or charge them in the plugs of the common area. There was not wifi in the room as well.

Everything good. There is onething that only one plug in room, really unconvenient. But you can ask for the staff, they will help you.

Friendly staff, hot breakfast, and comfortable living quarters are just the beginning. Shelter Jordan was a wonderful stay. I know I don't just speak for myself when I say it is an environment filled with opportunities for new friendship or quiet solitude if that's what you prefer. I had a wonderful stay- no complaints.

• 8th Jun 2014

noises from the street came into the hostel so i couldnt sleep well.Except that everything was generally good.

Very expensive for a dorm which looks like a cell for prisoners. Breakfast was fine. the room had no charging points for devices, you can go done and give them your mobile/tablet etc and they give you a ticket and charge it for you. That's just stupid and a lot of hassle. What if I want to use my tablet while it's charging? Anyway, I was there for just a night. So I got out of there as quickly as I could

We were not impressed when we came back to the hostel in the evening to find our door unlocked by the cleaner. The cleaner will have to be more responsible.

• 6th Jun 2014

An experience in itself. Not sure if the whole christian thing is really for me, but other than that, it's a really good price/quality value, and a really, really nice neighborhood.