Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Relatively cheap for Amsterdam, within walking distance of the main train station. Rooms are a little cramped and gloomy, but tolerable.

• 29th Aug 2014

They claim to be Christian hostel, but they are more a non value capitalist corporation. I just asked them for a very basic favor and I was rejected. If you are going there because it is a "Christian" hostel, you better think twice.

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, and hostel was in a very good location! I'd recommend this place hands down!

Very, very excellent hostel. The showers and toilets were a little dirty, but really it is no more dirty than what I tend to expect considering how many people use them daily. The food was amazing, the staff were all amazing. I loved that I was able to buy tickets for several museums right at the hostel and bypass lines. If I return to Amsterdam (and I hope to!) this is definitely the first place I will look :)

It was greatful

• 24th Aug 2014

It was a nice stay in this hostel, the atmosphere is friendly and the staff was great. Although that they are like a bar that offer food with fair price in the hostel, but they are no place to make our own food, so I think it will be a good idea to provide small place with the basic facilities of a kitchen.

There is a hair dryer in the shared bathrooms which was the first one we had come across on our travela,major plus! Lovely Australian fella working in the canteen aa well,staff were lovely overall :-)

Great place to go traveling with a group or alone. The free breakfast was great and you're bound to make friends! One night when my travel buddy and I didn't know what to do at night, we just stayed in the cafe and we all ended up watching a movie. I highly recommend this place.

The hostal was very well located, 20 minutes walk from the central station and in a nice area. It was clean and quiet. However, I red some comments about good breakfast, but I was dissapointed, it only consists of 3 pancakes and I could not even take 2 cups of tee. The staff does not know too much how to guide the tourist, but they are very polite.

It is more than 1 km from the central station. Very easy to access by tram. The breakfast is very nice and different everyday when i stay there. It is very close to ANNE'S HOUSE. The staff are nice and environment is very good.

The worst hostel ever.

I enjoyed my stay and I will definitely use your hostel again when I visit Amsterdam. Very nice staff and quality of the hostel is just super! :)

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Perfect location in the best district of the city. Different from the over touristic Red Light District, much more beautiful and interesting. 3min from Trams 13 and 17 which lead to the Centraal Station. Even if it took about 30min to go to the Museumplein, Waterlooplein or Rembrandplein, it was not a problem for me who like to walk, it is the best way to discover the city. The Shelter Jordaan was clean, quiet, and provided everything we needed. Thank you !

• 18th Aug 2014

best night sleep had at this place.

This hostel is very average. An American girl working at reception threatened to kick me out of hostel if I forget to show my receipt.

There's nothing negative to say.. The hostel was clean, showers/toilets.. It was the first time in a very long time I did 'hosteling'. I would very much recommend this hostel indeed. Lovely staff, very genuine sincere. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam and hostel Jordan! Though, being English you'd be best advised to take your own favourite tea bags and sweeteners especially if your diabetic. This is one criticism I have they need to look at providing low carb breakfast cereal etc. :)

• 16th Aug 2014

A great hostel in a fantastic location, close to Rozengratz's shops and cafes and the Anne Frank House, as well as an easy walk to tram lines. Good beds too! The staff and the common room/cafe really made it for me, though. Everyone who worked/volunteered at the hostel was super friendly and more than willing to chat, hang out, offer help or recommend places to go. They were always friendly and their warmth infused the whole place! Cafe had good food and was a great place to hang out.

• 15th Aug 2014

Very nice, comfortable, friendly, welcoming place to stay. The staff were helpful, the food was good, the place was in a great location on a residential street but close to the centre. I would recommend this hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very high security

• 10th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Everyone was so nice and I loved staying here. There is a great option to work for a bed for 28 days without a work visa if you are looking for an extended stay. :)))