Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Quite a nice place. Some problems with Wi-Fi.

Wish I'd been told in advance to bring a lock. There are very few plugs, and it's a challenge to get your phone charged at the reception because everyone wants to do so. But apart from that the staff was very friendly, and I felt safe given that I slept in a huge dorm in a hostel.

• 4th Jul 2014

I had great times in Amsterdam and one of the reasons was this hostel. I stayed awesome 4 days there, the people are really nice and helpful. Definitely i will stay there again. The only weak point is that they dont have plugs in the bedroom, sometimes it can be reaally annoying. But the good points overcome this. Thanks A Lot Lucas Lima, Brazilian

My friend and I had a great time. The staff was lovely! We hope to visit again soon!

• 3rd Jul 2014

For the price, Shelter Jordan is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It was clean, staff was great and accommodating, and overall it was a great hostel ans one of the cheapest in town.

The hostel is located close to many Museum, and not to far from the city center. The staff is young, friendly and helpfull.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Nice place, a little far from the main areas, but still a pretty location.

The hostel is very good.I loved........Kisses.

• 1st Jul 2014

The location wasn't the best but not so inconvenient that I wouldn't recommend staying here. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best I've had at any hostel. The WiFi does not work in the rooms.

PEREFECT!! Best hostel I ever stayed at!! And I stayed at a LOT of hostels in my life... Lovely staff and guests. It is a very calm atmosphere and you feel very safe :) Breakfast is good, Beds and sheet are completely clean. I will definitely come back.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Well I know Amsterdam is expensive, but $40 AUD for a bed in an 18 bed dorm is a lot; hence the value for money item rated far less than the others. When I thought it was 13 Euros it was a shock and to read that that was the off season price,so the hike up the scale to more than double seems quite steep. As I did the sums of the number of beds and the staff being made up largely of volunteers ( not a feature allowed to most businesses by law ) I did wonder where all the capital went.

• 30th Jun 2014

good and cheap for people earning money equalling to EURO

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This was the most organized and clean hostel I have ever stayed in! Breakfasts are small portions but the food is good. I highly recommend Shelter Jordan!

I liked the hostel. It is all well organized. Little too crowded in a room but that is ok for short time.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Russia

If you want to charge your electronic devices you have to leave them at the reception because there isn't anywhere to do it in the rooms. Aside from that, good place to stay at and they serve a great breakfast.

A little distance away from the main strip but for the price it was worth it.

I'll never forget the look on the other girl's face when the girl from the reception desk was giving the guest in front of me a brief introduction about the hostel quite carefully, the look was like: She's still learning. So that was my first impression of Shelter Jordan. For me it's a wonderful thing to see beginners in a quite developed(?) hostel. In Shelter Jordan, travelers can work to exchange food and a place to live, so you'll meet a footballer crew from Portugal, a singer crew from Spain

Thank you for a great stay at Shelter Jordan! We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hostel. Could not have been more pleased.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Overall, it was a really good experience beyond the usual discomfort of sharing a room with strangers. The door to the room I was in the first night (Vondelpark) squeaked really bad and everyone woke up whenever it was opened by another guest throughout the night. but the other room I stayed in was fine. The bathrooms were great though the shower tended to randomly change temperature. The best part was the clean Christian atmosphere in the common room.

• 20th Jun 2014

Awesome place! Great people and facilities. Very fast WiFi.

• 20th Jun 2014