Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

staff were extremely helpful with directions and maps. handy to know its 5 mins away from main bus station (walk) then train station 30 min (walk) defo recommend to people on a budget! cant comment on food as was never up to eat it. showers were decent enough as well as toilets but be warned toilet paper abit rough!

• 16th May 2014

No one knew it was a christian hostel...

• 16th May 2014

Good job. Keep it up

• 15th May 2014
  • India

Great location and helpful staff. It's an older hostel so the cleanliness and facilities were a bit poor but overall good stay.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and would love to stay again if I'm ever back in the area!! Not enough good words to say about this place!!

Great place to stay - very safe and great staff. Highly recommend a visit!

Loved it! I absolutely loved the atmosphere. One of the staff, Rebekah was very friendly and informative when I arrived. She took the time to explain the logistics, and even had the patients to tell me about Amsterdam and what I should do in the limited time I had. I could tell God was in her. Was very blessed to have met such a wonderful person!

Not my first time there and still a great hostel.

God hostel but not for parting

It was enjoyable to stay at Shelter Jordan.

• 8th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel as always.I always stay there when I visit Amsterdam.

• 5th May 2014

not a bad deal. I felt good.

• 4th May 2014
  • South Korea

I had to check out early in the morning. So I couldn't have a breakfast but their staff prepared some sandwich and juice for me. The service was really friendly and helpful ;))

Good choice for low buget. But the equipments of this hostel are very old. The windows can't be closed tightly so it is very cold at night. Fortunately, the staff gave us another two sheets for keep warm during the night.

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

The hostel locates nicely in a pieceful district. It was not good that there was not possible to have hot water free of charge - every cup was charged with euro 1.20. I don't know if it is the same in hostels around Netherlands. It will be convinient if a kettler or a cooler with water is installed in a public area

Not good experience in this hostel. Breakfast was very little and they control the portion of them. Just one coffee and if want more than a cup, you need to pay.....the first day they didn't explain well the three type of breakfast can choose, and them are not well explained. Some of the guy in reception are not so good in help me in some problems. Lockers are in the rooms but you need to bring a padlock if you want their are close...

• 30th Apr 2014

I had a great time there ... Its not a party hostel, perfect if you wanna enjoy the city and sleep as well .

The Hostel it self was fine, and the facilities are what you would expect for the price. The christian aspect of the hostel was extremely pronounced from both staff and other guests. I would only recommend staying here if you are a devout christian and would rather spend time talking faith then visiting Amsterdam.

If you want a place that is quite an chill with a bangin free breakfast, good wifi, and clean bathrooms this is your spot. Close to everything as well.

Very good location with 3 minutes' walk to Anne Frank House. Near the tram station which takes you directly to the central station and museums. And the staff are all very nice with their friendly smiles. Will recommend to young friends if they want to travel to Amsterdam.

• 27th Apr 2014