Shelter Jordan Reviews

Bloemstraat 179, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was enjoyable to stay at Shelter Jordan.

• 8th May 2014
  • Malaysia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel as always.I always stay there when I visit Amsterdam.

• 5th May 2014

not a bad deal. I felt good.

• 4th May 2014
  • South Korea

I had to check out early in the morning. So I couldn't have a breakfast but their staff prepared some sandwich and juice for me. The service was really friendly and helpful ;))

Good choice for low buget. But the equipments of this hostel are very old. The windows can't be closed tightly so it is very cold at night. Fortunately, the staff gave us another two sheets for keep warm during the night.

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

The hostel locates nicely in a pieceful district. It was not good that there was not possible to have hot water free of charge - every cup was charged with euro 1.20. I don't know if it is the same in hostels around Netherlands. It will be convinient if a kettler or a cooler with water is installed in a public area

Not good experience in this hostel. Breakfast was very little and they control the portion of them. Just one coffee and if want more than a cup, you need to pay.....the first day they didn't explain well the three type of breakfast can choose, and them are not well explained. Some of the guy in reception are not so good in help me in some problems. Lockers are in the rooms but you need to bring a padlock if you want their are close...

• 30th Apr 2014

I had a great time there ... Its not a party hostel, perfect if you wanna enjoy the city and sleep as well .

The Hostel it self was fine, and the facilities are what you would expect for the price. The christian aspect of the hostel was extremely pronounced from both staff and other guests. I would only recommend staying here if you are a devout christian and would rather spend time talking faith then visiting Amsterdam.

If you want a place that is quite an chill with a bangin free breakfast, good wifi, and clean bathrooms this is your spot. Close to everything as well.

Very good location with 3 minutes' walk to Anne Frank House. Near the tram station which takes you directly to the central station and museums. And the staff are all very nice with their friendly smiles. Will recommend to young friends if they want to travel to Amsterdam.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • China

Luggage storage was systematic and secure. The staff was nice. One problems was there was only one charging point in each room. We all had to charge our phones in the service counter on first floor. Other than that it was good. They allowed us to stay int he cafe 24/7. =D Thank you! And... the breakfast was superb!

The hostel was great. Included breakfast was also good. I was with 2 friends of mine and we took a room for 4 people, so we had to allow another person in the room. During our stay the other person didn't really keep the security. He often left the door unlocked. Therefore perhaps the staff could insist the guests to keep the door locked. Another thing, we barely got the wifi on the 2nd floor, we needed to sit on the stairs downstair to surf the internet. But overall we loved the hostel ;)

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Honestly the perfect spot to stay as two college students. Affordable, clean, safe, and an absolutely delightful atmosphere.

• 22nd Apr 2014

It is a 8-female dorm, and there is only one plug in the room. The hot breakfast is really lovely !

lack of power socket in each room

I literally came into the hostel with a sprained knee the the staff came over and helped with it even though they were on their lunch break. They were so nice and welcoming and helpful in every way possible. I most definitely will come back whenever I'm in Amsterdam. It truly was amazing!! Thank you!

I really enjoyed my stay at this Hostel. The no pressure Christian atmosphere is a great contrast to the city of Amsterdam and creates a nice balance. The location is fantastic---an easy walk to the Anne Frank House and only four tram stops from Centraal Station. The staff are very kind and diverse, the next time I am in Amsterdam I will stay here again.

• 18th Apr 2014

Every tourist operator has cost control issues. They should seek to control paper use in bathrooms by signs urging conservation not by running out of paper hand towels. Almost half the time spent there the paper hand towels dispenser was empty. Also, I noticed some soap residue in glasses which was not a pleasant sight. Most annoying was when the volunteers woke me up several times while I was taking a nap in the afternoon all for the purpose of outreach.

• 16th Apr 2014

Staff was not very welcome. We did not feel a good reception at all. The bathrooms were cleaned only once a day and it could be improved. In our second night, they closed the kitchen/dining room for a group and the guests were not able to use it. One staff member even suggested US to eat on the yard without cover while the group was confortable inside the building. The breakfast and location were good.

• 14th Apr 2014