Shelter Lagos Reviews

Rua Eca de Queiros Lote 7, Lagos, Portugal

I think the place could be very nice, but I have never been in an hostel so dirty and disorganized in my entire life. I would never stay there again and would tell people to stay away from it.

Brilliant Staff. The brothers who run this hostel inherited from their parents and given their surfing background, it's perhaps the chillest shack in town. They helped us book kayak trips, told us where to go what to see etc. On the downside however, it's not the cleanest of cribs. And given the chill atmosphere, it can drift into being a little too chill and hence disorganized. Would I come back here? Unlikely. There are plenty of better hostels in Lagos with bigger bang for bucks.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • India

Loved staying here! Great location, short walk to beach, supermarket

Best hostel ever! The owners are absolute legends and would reccomend to anyone looking to chill out in a homly environment and meet new people

Really cool place had a heap of fun. The back yards rad. It's a little out of the centre but still easy walking distance, a bit hard to find. Close to supermarkets etc.. Good for groups or wanting to meet people. Staff are super super chilled out, would go back especially if your in Lagos for a fair amount of time!

I would definitely stay there again for the "homey-hang out" hostel experience; however, if you're looking for a hostel that is clean and has privacy, this is not the hostel. But we loved the atmosphere and the staff is very nice.

• 15th Jul 2013

What a great Hostel! The guys who run the hostel (Andrei and Miguel) are so great and helpful. It really felt like home. I made so many friends in this hostel. The shelter is so much better than any other hostel in Lagos. one word: AMAZING! 10/10

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Belgium

The brothers that own Shelter are awesome made the place feel like a home!! Family BBQ in the backyard was the best, amazing food!! Definitely would go back. Thanks Andre!! Give luca a pat for me :)

The people are really nice. Just remember to bring your own sheets or a sleeping bag!

• 18th Jun 2013

Thanks it was feeling like home !!