Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center Hostel Reviews

Room 608, Block B, No.3008 Yitian Road, Huangdu Square, Futian District, Shenzhen, China

+ cheap and staff spoke good English, - matresses in the female dorm room weren't very comfortable, bathroom could have been cleaned more often to find the hostel: go to southwest corner of C&E Center, cross the street on a pedestrian bridge with coloured windows, down the stairs, go right about 20 meters, on your right are three appartment blocks, A ist the first, pass A to get to B

Directions on Hostelworld for how to get to this hostel from the metro are not clear enough. Its actually closer to Shopping Park station.

More like a shared flat than a hostel, this place is small and cozy and offers a calm and relaxed athmosphere. The owner is very friendly and helpful, and if you can, teach the maid (she's originally from Yangshuo County) a few bits of english. During my stay, just a few westerners dropped in, most other guests were chinese, which is a very welcome change. The community kitchen was a bit greasy and crammed, and the Bathrooms are showing a bit of wear. All in all, i enjoyed my stay.

The place were hard to find. Very unclean!!! Lazy staff. I slept in a 6 bed dorm in a room that was completely open so people used to get from room to room. This was not informed in forehand. The only good thing was the location. Otherwise I'm glad that I only stayed there for one night.

Wow, were to start. Hard to find, despite the directions. Staff knew little English. When we arrived after our 12 hour train journey and after wandering around trying to find this hostel which is located on the 6th floor of an apartment block (and yes it is an apartment turned into a "hostel" if you can call it that) with no particular signs outside to indicate so, we arrived and were told they had given our beds away! After 2 months of travelling in China this is the worst hostel I've been to.

The hostel is basically an apartment that has been converted into a hostel but can't complain with that. we had a good time and the staff were great really friendly and helpful and very good english! The location was good to go explore some of the local area.Cocopark is very near. Value for money wise it was superb.Overall would recommend this place, Cheap, friendly and just good fun.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • American Samoa

Just two stops to Futian port. I was fortunate to make some great friends while I was here. Very friendly, helpful staff, excellent english,good lockers, nice communal area, western toilets and facilities kept clean, plus I felt safe. My flight was delayed from Wuhan and I got in three hours late but they kept my booking for me and checked me in quickly. Overall, I would absolutely reccommend! thanks!

• 3rd Aug 2014

It's an alright place. Not professionally handeled. Too expensive for the performance. But I am not sure if Shenzhen has any better alternatives.

The place is clean and nice. Staff is njce and speak good english. Thats all can say :)

Value for money.