Shenzhen Wanderer Hostel Reviews

Room 15A3 Building A Royal Plaza, Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, China

It was terrible , people sold my bed spite of my reservation. They tried to give me a bed in another terrible place. Thank for nice people who saved me giving me a bed a nearby place .

The crew doesn't speak English. They were entering my 2-persons room 20 times a day, from 6am till 01:00am, because... they have a storage room inside! Wrong directions, no privacy, 10000 rules to which they don't introduce you at the beginning (well... how could they if they don't speak English AT ALL), doors closed at 23:00. And the best of the bests - one toilet combined with the bathroom for ~16 people. Just NO GO.

Welcoming bad ! I just get on the hostel no hello no Hi no welcome and i was booked by hostel world and the owner she said that is full so we had to sleep in other place that she bring us witch was bad and the mattress was soso small so we had bad night . That the badest expérience i had in hostel for 10 years travelling !

The hostel is conveniently close to the Lok Ma Chau border station which makes it an excellent location for a stop over before entering Hong Kong, which is what we did. The hostel is built inside a standard apartment and has a special atmosphere. You will feel like Lisa's personal guests. Lisa is always very friendly and very helpful. If you are crossing through Shenzhen on your trip this hostel might be a good choice.

This is definitely a nice hostel, but it was hard for me to find the location, since it is on the 14th floor in an apartment block middle of a residential area, and the Chinese think 14 is an unlucky number so they renamed the floor 15A. The staff was nice and friendly, but you have to take off your shoes when you enter the hostel. Most of people staying there are Chinese males with limited to good English speaking ability. There is also a reclusive American black guy living there not friendly.

Initially we have booked a double room, but were put into 4beds room. For that we have paid less for our stay... Anyway it's a flat where people just rent beds, it's more then enough if you need just a place to spend your night. One more thing, winter time - no heating, and one blanket, definitely, was not enough.

Lisa was great. Everyone was very nice. However, the hostel was hard to find. I ended up having to take a taxi in order to get there.