Shenzhen Wanderer Hostel Reviews

Room 15A3 Building A Royal Plaza, Yitian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, China

There is very poor connection between this hostel and Hostelworld. I booked one day ago. I got the confirmation by Hostel World. Next day when I arrived to hostel, they said they don't have any free bed. They said they didn't get any confirmation from Hostel World. And for the amount I paid for booking; they said it's for hostel world not for us so we can't return your money. Luckily one of my friend hosted me.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • India

The hostel is conveniently close to the Lok Ma Chau border station which makes it an excellent location for a stop over before entering Hong Kong, which is what we did. The hostel is built inside a standard apartment and has a special atmosphere. You will feel like Lisa's personal guests. Lisa is always very friendly and very helpful. If you are crossing through Shenzhen on your trip this hostel might be a good choice.

This is definitely a nice hostel, but it was hard for me to find the location, since it is on the 14th floor in an apartment block middle of a residential area, and the Chinese think 14 is an unlucky number so they renamed the floor 15A. The staff was nice and friendly, but you have to take off your shoes when you enter the hostel. Most of people staying there are Chinese males with limited to good English speaking ability. There is also a reclusive American black guy living there not friendly.

Initially we have booked a double room, but were put into 4beds room. For that we have paid less for our stay... Anyway it's a flat where people just rent beds, it's more then enough if you need just a place to spend your night. One more thing, winter time - no heating, and one blanket, definitely, was not enough.

Lisa was great. Everyone was very nice. However, the hostel was hard to find. I ended up having to take a taxi in order to get there.

A small hostel that adds to the atmosphere. The staff are excellent and could not have been more helpful along with others staying at the hostel. Give my love to Lisa.