Shepherd Guest House

8.2
Fabulous 119 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2017

We stayed as Sheperd Guest House for a week and had a wonderful time. The room was cozy and also had a small balcony which was great. The kitchen is big and well-equipped so we usually cooked dinner there to save some money on food. The place was always perfectly clean and our host was always very friendly and had some tips on what we could do. And its only two blocks to the next subway station. I can recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a nice, clean affordable place.

• USA, Male, 41+
11th Mar 2017

My stay was very pleasant. Simme keeps the hostel/house very clean. The room was in the attic and very cozy. The kitchen on the second floor is the one I used and I cooked breakfast in the mornings. It was like being at home. I stayed during the snow storm and the neighbor's helped me shovel the snow so I could get the car out. There are several stores and restaurants in the area. The metro train to Manhattan is 2 blocks away. All was excellent...Luciano

• USA, Male, 41+
7th Mar 2017

I stayed in the small attic room and it worked out nicely. A very good value for NYC and I would stay there again. Convenient to two subway stations.

5th Jan 2017
3.7

This is not a hostel - it's an airbnb experience if at all. There's no front desk, atmosphere or lounging area. This is a regular house and nothing about it is welcoming. I would think twice before staying here.

• Lithuania, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
6.9

We got double room for a really good price. Location is good enough if you dont mind traveling 40min to City center. Now the PAB part is heating system duirng the nights. It seems thay are using some kind of very high temp (you can burn your hand) and pressure heating system that during the night makes anourmous sound. With this sound it was impossible to sleep and radiator were releaseing water or steam. Plus, we noticed that not all windows can be locked.

• USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Dec 2016
8.0

It's a nice place, we stayed for the holidays. Wasn't too comfortable with the neighborhood, but no one bothered us, so it wasn't too bad, PoliceDepartment is about a block away. I only saw our host on the day we left, my partner she saw her on the first day and last day. The host wasn't rude, but we didn't get to really meet her or see her through our stay.Other in-house neighbors were nice, not always clean with the dishes or cleaning though.We would always have to rewash dishes so we can use.

• USA, Male, 25-30
14th Dec 2016

Quiet neighbourhood but didn't feel unsafe. The manager is very businesslike. The place is really pretty and well managed though.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
11th Dec 2016

House is quiet far from the city, however is close to the Subway line. The house is lovely and clean. I stayed in the attic room, which was private, tidy and warm. Simme is a fantastic host. She recommended a few places to visit and things to do. Also very down to earth. This is an amazing house and great value for Money. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to staying in the city then this is for you.

• England, Female, 41+
16th Nov 2016

Extremely clean,tidy, quiet and very well equipped. Fully equipped kitchen, v clean bathrooms, TV and wifi. It's great value for money for NewYork and I was given a free upgrade to an ensuite room. The subway is only 5 mins away which takes you into Manhatten in 40 mins. There is a reasonable supermarket 10mins walk and several corner shops within 2 mins There isn't really anywhere to eat out nearby tho. If you don't mind not being in a central location & want to save money I'd recommend it.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
15th Nov 2016

I had an enjoyable stay at Shepherd's guest house. The facilities were great and I liked that I had a balcony to my room.