Sherin Cottage Reviews

Thiruvambadi Road, Varkala, India

I came here after reading the reviews, for three nights - ten days later I am still here. Dipak and his helper Sundays have looked after me brilliantly from the moment I arrived. I've met loads of people from different parts of the world and loved every minute. I can't recommend this place highly enough. I've stayed in so many different parts of India in many different hostels and hotels and this is one of the best experiences. Thank you.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Sherin Cottage was a fantastic place to stay! We were only going to stay in Varkala for 3 days or so and ended up staying for about 11 nights all up. The host was fantastic and very helpful, providing good honest advice and even helping me when I got sick. The cottage is in a great location only 5 mins walk from the beach. Great balcony for sitting and having a beer. The host was also helpful in assisting us organise getting a scooter and explore the area. Highly recommended budget option!!

• 16th Jan 2014

We stayed for two nights and we had a pleasant stay. The house itself aren't that special, but it's clean and has everything you need. Best thing is the staff, they're extremely friendly and helpfull, we got for example help arranging our house boat trip. I would totally recommend this hostel because you get what you pay for and a lot more.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Absolutely brilliant hostel. Deepak is alike a big brother to his guests. He looks after you from the minute you want in through the front door. He even offered to come and rescue us from the beach at 1am when we couldn't remember our way back. Would definitely recommend to anyone. I was a solo traveller and I met loads of people to hang out with.

• 27th Dec 2013

The Best Homestay in Varkala We stayed in this bed and breakfast for a month.Every morning they served a fantastic breakfast,they were always available for anything at any time.The position is really good,in 5 minutes you get to the beaches and restaurants,not directly on the cliff is cooler and quieter.Beautiful common areas such as lounges,veranda and garden.The rooms are spacious and clean.Do not need to worry about safety because Deepak is always present.Highly recommended

• 9th Dec 2013

Had a great time staying at Sherin Cottage. The manager, Deepak, is very friendly and always looking after his visitors. Rooms are clean and it's in a great location, just a quick stroll to the beach. Has all the facilities travellers need and all at a very reasonable price. Has a nice balcony which is great for people watching and meeting fellow guests. Will definitely be returning here on my next visit to Varkala.

Sherrin cottage is located a few streets back from the beach, a mere 5 minute walk, so its in a great spot. The rooms are big and clean, but the best thing about the hotel is the staff who will go out of their way to help you out with whatever you need. There's also a cool little balcony where you can hang out and meet other guests, plus they do a free breakfast of omelette, toast, jam and coffee which is really really good, especially considering the price of the rooms. Thumbs up for this one.