Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

We had a really good stay at Shiado hostel. We came as a couple and had a private double room, and that worked really well. The location is excellent. Its right at one of the best places in the "old" town and next to the metro, but in a quite side street. Very nice staff, very secure and great Wifi (we had to work some of the days so that was important). We will stay there again another time!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Positive : nice homely hostel, clean , great location and good staff Negatives : male toilet : smelly and nowhere to hang clothes. A few older (40+) guests and a number of 'live in' travellers which can sometimes make it harder to meet others if you're only there for a few days.

Very charming decor, but disappointing breakfast for the price. It was irresponsible to leave a student alone on his first day at night. The bathrooms were a little unsanitary because there's only one drain and everyone's shower water comes to that showerers feet. Ew. Also the doorknob came off our door and made it impossible to lock, and they didn't seem concerned- "That always happens".

Excellent location, very clean hostel with kitchen facilities and a cosy living room. Just 5 min walk from all the bars. Friendly staff who will help you with everything you need. Very tastefully decorated, gives the feeling of being ''at home''. Definitely recommended.

• 8th May 2014
  • Greece

Had an amazing stay - one of the best hostels i've stayed in. I will be back!

Staff very friendly.

Nice place and nice people!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I liked very much the hostel!!! It can't be in a better situation, the staff is super friendly and they help you not only with touristic info but they also go with you to have some beers! I had so much fun! The hostel itself is very clean, cosy and stylish. I will come back for sure in my next visit!! Thanks for everything!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I don´t like that system of showers you have to keep one hand pushing a button on the wall to keep the water flowing. I also found the room too small for four people, perhaps because there was a lady living in my room with all her household stuff. The rest was alright: kitchen was nice and tidy, the location was excellent, staff offered prompt support when I needed it.

I have never had so inspiring meeting with an unknown people as it was at Shiado Hostel. Additionaly the hostel is really close to all important and beatiful places. Fantastic staff and atmosphere. I won't hesitate to choose Shiado planning my next stay in Lisbon.

Me and my mum loved to stay at Shiado Hostel! Perfect location and wonderful staff! Great kitchen to cook in. The best description to "How to get in the hostel"!!! There is also elevator which comes very handy when you have luggages ;) You can borrow umbrella and hairdryer. We recommend this place, if you are looking for a place where you can relax after walking all day in gorgeous Lisboa. :) So, not for party people.

Stayed 1 night & left. 10 bed dorm so cramped & smelled like feet! 2 toilets - 1 always broken. Small kitchen/frig & cooking area. Too many better hostels in Lisbon for the same price.

We got very surprised with your review: we wonder if it is a mistake and not related with our Shiado Hostel? We think this as: 1- you've stayed 2 night in Shiado Hostel and not one night like you wrote in your review 2 - We don't have and never had a 10 beds dorm (you've stayed in a 8 beds dorm) 3 - there is no not a broken toilet...at all! 4 - A kitchen that has 12 places table can not be as small as you describe. Best Regards, Paulo (manager)

We had a lot of fun staying at your hostel. Thank you for all your help. Such a nice place!!

Really nice, rather quiet Hostel on the third floor very close to Baixa Chiado. Good kitchen and cosy common room.