Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The guys there help you with everything. You feel at home, very nice place.

Considered the price, everyone should know what to expect. And for a low-cost hostel, this one is perfect. Simple, clean, friendly and helpful staff, perfect location in the city centre.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I wish there was a Shiado Hostel in all the cities I want to visit. My time there was really good: the staff is just the nicest I've ever seen, the hostel is really beautiful and in a great location, and I left there thinking that I probably owe them money because It was really cheap considering all the quality. I will definitely reccomend this hostel to everyone, and I really hope that the owners consider to open other "Shiados" around the world.

• 1st Nov 2014

My trip in Lisbon was a wonderful experience and the stay in Shiado Hostel definitely contributed to it. Excellent location in the centre, very close to main attractions. Very clean, safe, cosy atmosphere, and not too crowded of guests so that it is pretty easy to feel part of the house. A perfect place to end the day after the long walks... Thank you so much goncalo, paulo and miki for your helpful and precious tips! I promise to return one day with my family and stay in Shiado Hostel!

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

I stayed in the Hostel Shiado for one night. The location is just amazing. Right in the heart of Chiado. The place is clean and cosy, the rooms are very nice and not overcrowded. The staff is really helpful and they give you great advice in what to do and see in Lisbon. Nice breakfast waiting for you when you wake up and it's included in the price. The kitchen is very nice too :) I would definitely recommend it!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Shiado Hotel is such a nice place, it's in the best location right in the center, it's clean, confortable, and the staff is so helpful. I would definetly recomend it.

We absolutely loved the Shiado hostel! It's a really cozy place with a great staff and atmosphere and in between to Barro Alto (a great neighborhood for going out and eating) and downtown, so it's pretty perfect. Highly recommend it!!

The Shiado hostel is one of the best hostels I have been in Portugal, conveniently located in the city center, near to everything (transports, turistic spots), easy to find. Very interesting ambiance, friendly staff and very good and clean facilities. Only downside: the lift is not working... hopefully it will be fixed soon! No doubt, I would stay again and highly recommend to everybody!

It was a good place to stay, near Baixo Chiado (touristic night place), good facilities. I recommend! Just one problem, the elevator isnt working and the hostel is in third floor, so if you travelling with heavy luggage might be complicated.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Hello Bruno, thank you for your review and nice words. Indeed the lift wasn't working due to the previous heavy rains in Lisbon which caused a flooding and for security reasons the lift had to be turned off for some days until all the system was completely dry. Hope to see you again soon :)

The hostal was nice and has a good location in the city. rooms were clean, bathrooms could've been cleaner.

Had the private room. It was nice, but a bit close to the common area so not completely quiet. Good value though.

One day stayed only, but the staffs are friendly. But encountered some French group also stayed here, cause some inconvenience of space. Except for this issue, everything is good and with a reasonable price.

We loved staying at Shiado. Perfect location, always clean. Very comfortable big dorm room; beds are great and the lockers were even big enough to fit my huge bag in. All common areas are comfortable and enjoyable. The vibe's very chill but we still met some really nice people. Good value for money. We tried to stay again, but they were full. Thanks guys!

Realy nice hostel!!! :-)

Everything was clean and in working condition. It was a bit loud because of the area and windows needed to be opened because it was summer, but that's the location you want. Friendly staff. Good kitchen. Clean showers and toilets.

We had a really good stay at Shiado hostel. We came as a couple and had a private double room, and that worked really well. The location is excellent. Its right at one of the best places in the "old" town and next to the metro, but in a quite side street. Very nice staff, very secure and great Wifi (we had to work some of the days so that was important). We will stay there again another time!

• 30th Jun 2014