Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Finland

Best hostel I have been to!

• 23rd Jan 2015

When it comes relation of quality to price this is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Where else can you pay just 10 euro for a bed in a really nicely designed, clean, bright, warm room and also get free breakfast! All the services were spot on, it was really useful to have a fully equipped kitchen to cook in. All the staff were really friendly, nice, helpful and informative, and the location is ideal.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • superseapig

I liked the pictures instead of names of what the cupboards contain, the opportunity to cook something any time, late breakfast, basics like salt, herbs and oils, good working computers and Wifi, common room at the sun side of the building, wonderful interior, separated garbage, spacious rooms, etc. but most of all the relaxed, kind and correct staff. The location of the garbage cans could be better and to go pi pi at night, without long distance sleepwalks, the bathrooms should be mixed

Great! Very friendly staff, awesome location and gorgeous rooms

Undoubtedly had a great stay at Shiado Hostel! The Spanish receptionist Miguel was very knowledgeable about Lisboa and about Portugal. All of Miguel's tips definitely made it easier for me to enjoy Lisboa like a local. The hostel facilities were superb and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers. Way to go Shiado. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Lisboa.

Make something with the showers !!!!!! It is impossible in the same time to press the button for a water and to take a shower !

My second stay at Shiado reminded rather visiting friends. I have been greeted so friendly. I always meet there interesting and inspiring people. I love location of the hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Atmosphere of the place is unforgettable - that's why I would like to be coming back there as many times as it is possible.

Great staff, very kind and helpfull. The location is amazing! Near the best areas in Lisbon for sightseen, shopping and night life. Tha bedroom was good, though I had a small problem with the wi-fi connection. Toilets and rooms separated by genders and very clean.

Great atmosphere and the warmest of welcomes can be found in this very central and affordable hostel. Within throwing distance of all we wanted to see, we couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Walls are thin, so loud noises and even steps woke us in the morning. Breakfast is strictly limited, and still there was not enough bread for those, who woke up late.

I never review hostels (actually this is the first time I do so) but I have to say this is probably the best one I've ever stayed in. Staff were incredibly friendly and incredibly helpful.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The guys there help you with everything. You feel at home, very nice place.

Drawbacks of the hostel were showers working with button, not regular faucets. Also beds are not the best, at Living lounge hostel they had better matresses and beds. But still i rate this hostel 100%, because the atmosphere was very positive and friendly. The price is not high. I enjoyed my staying there. Place is right in historic centre and it is quiet though.

Considered the price, everyone should know what to expect. And for a low-cost hostel, this one is perfect. Simple, clean, friendly and helpful staff, perfect location in the city centre.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I wish there was a Shiado Hostel in all the cities I want to visit. My time there was really good: the staff is just the nicest I've ever seen, the hostel is really beautiful and in a great location, and I left there thinking that I probably owe them money because It was really cheap considering all the quality. I will definitely reccomend this hostel to everyone, and I really hope that the owners consider to open other "Shiados" around the world.

• 1st Nov 2014

My trip in Lisbon was a wonderful experience and the stay in Shiado Hostel definitely contributed to it. Excellent location in the centre, very close to main attractions. Very clean, safe, cosy atmosphere, and not too crowded of guests so that it is pretty easy to feel part of the house. A perfect place to end the day after the long walks... Thank you so much goncalo, paulo and miki for your helpful and precious tips! I promise to return one day with my family and stay in Shiado Hostel!

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

I stayed in the Hostel Shiado for one night. The location is just amazing. Right in the heart of Chiado. The place is clean and cosy, the rooms are very nice and not overcrowded. The staff is really helpful and they give you great advice in what to do and see in Lisbon. Nice breakfast waiting for you when you wake up and it's included in the price. The kitchen is very nice too :) I would definitely recommend it!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

Shiado Hotel is such a nice place, it's in the best location right in the center, it's clean, confortable, and the staff is so helpful. I would definetly recomend it.

We absolutely loved the Shiado hostel! It's a really cozy place with a great staff and atmosphere and in between to Barro Alto (a great neighborhood for going out and eating) and downtown, so it's pretty perfect. Highly recommend it!!