Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

Staying at Shiado Hostel was the best choice. The hostel is well located and you can reach some hotspots in only a few minutes. Everthing was really well organised and clean and the staff was helpful and always kind. The neighbourhood there is nice and even during the night it was really silent. Thank you!

Suuper friendly staff, paying attention to all your needs and willing to give you tips on what to do and where to go.

Everything was great. A true hostel.

I only stayed one night, so I didn't feel much vibe but I did see they organized trips & nights out which is good. really nice area close to many things. bathrooms were big w big windows, my dorm was ok, not cramped but not huge. lockers, breakfast was pretty good, they let me store my bags before check in, & have new info about the area.

Shower timers could be a bit more generous, rather than the 6-7 seconds they stay on. Had a bit of a stingy feel to it, especially the rationing at breakfast, e.g., one pat of butter, one cup of coffee.

really awesome. great staff. clean. felt very safe. Good lockers. had a/c. breakfast was meh.

Great hostel and helpful staff. Mattresses could be a bit conifer but overall I was extremely satisfied. Would definitely recommend and stay here again!!

Perfectly located, clean, and safe, with a nice staff and breakfast (although the breakfast rations are quite strict). I really liked their map with a list and pictures of various Portuguese dishes, we had a lot of fun with friends trying to find them all. The only thing that was missing was the backpacking atmosphere: somehow guests were quite grumpy, strangers didn't get together to chat and go out as it usually happens, no one spoke to anybody during breakfast. Apart from that, great stay!

Shiado has a very cool style. Very creatively beautiful and artistic. People are usually doing their own thing, so it's not exactly a social place, but you can meet people. It's mostly a quiet place where you can get away from the busy streets of Lisboa. It's very clean and enough space. Staff were helpful and friendly. The location is also fantastic, close to everything, and easy to find. Some of the best directions I've gotten for a hostel. I would stay again.

We arrived there early in the morning because we took the night bus. Although they said their reception is 24 hours but it's not true. When we arrived, the staff was asleep and did not help us at all. After he talked about us with others negatively and made fun of us even we were at that place. His attitude was really rude. The facility was ok but not that clean. Not recommend

Nice clean hostel in good location. Friendly staff. Described was a chilled hostel and was until a stag do arrived on Friday night.

This hostel has a great location, close to the metro and the main square(s). Clean, comfortable rooms and a great living room. Free breakfast and computer access. Wifi only works in the common rooms. Great international staff! They will make you feel at home.

Shiado Hostel really was the perfect place for me in Lisbon. The location is right in the middle of everything, with the metro, the river, and train stations minutes or steps away. Bairro Alto and Baixa are also only a very short walk and the beautiful neighborhoods of Castelo and Alfama are easily accessible as well. Shiado was a great homebase from which to explore the city. The staff were always genuinely interested in helping make my stay the best possible. Thank you!

Very good hostel, in the city center, with friendly staff. Only two little disadvantages : walls are thin so it's a bit noisy (we were woken up by people getting back late or getting up early), and toilets are in the bathroom, which is not very convenient.

The staff at Shiado Hostel is outright friendly und very helpful. That was great! The one thing that bottered me a bit was the somewhat cheap "sustainabillity-policy" of the hostel. Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate asking the hostel's guest to try to safe water and electricity. But having to push the shower's button every second in order to keep it running and washing your dishes with a trickle of water was quite annoying.

• 20th Mar 2015

My favourite hostel so far! The staff were awesome especially since I arrived there at 5am and a little bit of a wreck. It's situated in a really nice part of Lisbon. Breakfast is delicious and free. The Internet can't be accessed in the rooms down the hall but it's fine. The common areas are lovely and I met some awesome people there. The showers are a little weak but I think it's because they're trying to save water to keep the costs down. Would definitely recommend!

Very good place!! Staff very kind and perfect lacalization!!

super stay! only to recommend!

We had a great time at the Shiado Hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere was extremely welcoming! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great atmosphere, very clean facilities and nice staff

• 3rd Mar 2015