Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

Great location, very clean and tidy. Small hostel but lots of character. Had a private twin room which was a good size, had a nice large window and air-com available when we paid a deposit for a controller. Communal female bathroom was good size, clean and showers were good. All staff were very friendly and happy to help out. We needed to leave our bags there for several hours after we checked out and this was no problem, they were locked in a storage room until we retrieved them.

• 27th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel - staff are super helpful and made us feel very welcome. Good position in relation to bars and restaurants, and also conveniently located to transport links. Great spot.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved it! Thanks for the amazing time at the hostel. The staff is super nice, the breakfast and kitchen were good. Everything was clean :) Would recommend it!

The good things about this hostel is the helpful stuff and the perfect location. In this area you have everything you need. When we were here the Female dorms was full booked, wich ment there was often a cue for showers or toilets. There is only 2 toilets and 3 showers for women and when you have booked you own room and payed more you don´t want to wait to go to the toilet. The rooms was nice decorated but our bed was uncomfortable.

Excellent location, lovely breakfast every morning and the staff were friendly too. I enjoyed my stay here!

Wonderful staff very helpful! Great place would definitely stay here again!

I had an amazing time at the Shiado Hostel in Lisbon. The place is very cosy and has a homey feeling to it. It's one of the cleanest and most comfortable hostels I had the pleasure to stay at. Though my bed was in a 8 bed dormitory I was able to meet and to chat with some really nice and cool people! The staff at Shiado is super welcoming and was always there to assist me in anything I needed - they really create a great atmosphere!! Then it's worth to mention that the location is perfection!

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Staying at Shiado Hostel was the best choice. The hostel is well located and you can reach some hotspots in only a few minutes. Everthing was really well organised and clean and the staff was helpful and always kind. The neighbourhood there is nice and even during the night it was really silent. Thank you!

Suuper friendly staff, paying attention to all your needs and willing to give you tips on what to do and where to go.

Everything was great. A true hostel.

I only stayed one night, so I didn't feel much vibe but I did see they organized trips & nights out which is good. really nice area close to many things. bathrooms were big w big windows, my dorm was ok, not cramped but not huge. lockers, breakfast was pretty good, they let me store my bags before check in, & have new info about the area.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed it. Super charming place with good breakfast and loved the environmental consciousness. Also, perfect location! You can walk pretty much anywhere and are very close to Barrio Alto, great food and bars, and the metro. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

Shower timers could be a bit more generous, rather than the 6-7 seconds they stay on. Had a bit of a stingy feel to it, especially the rationing at breakfast, e.g., one pat of butter, one cup of coffee.

really awesome. great staff. clean. felt very safe. Good lockers. had a/c. breakfast was meh.

Great hostel and helpful staff. Mattresses could be a bit conifer but overall I was extremely satisfied. Would definitely recommend and stay here again!!

Perfectly located, clean, and safe, with a nice staff and breakfast (although the breakfast rations are quite strict). I really liked their map with a list and pictures of various Portuguese dishes, we had a lot of fun with friends trying to find them all. The only thing that was missing was the backpacking atmosphere: somehow guests were quite grumpy, strangers didn't get together to chat and go out as it usually happens, no one spoke to anybody during breakfast. Apart from that, great stay!

Shiado has a very cool style. Very creatively beautiful and artistic. People are usually doing their own thing, so it's not exactly a social place, but you can meet people. It's mostly a quiet place where you can get away from the busy streets of Lisboa. It's very clean and enough space. Staff were helpful and friendly. The location is also fantastic, close to everything, and easy to find. Some of the best directions I've gotten for a hostel. I would stay again.

We arrived there early in the morning because we took the night bus. Although they said their reception is 24 hours but it's not true. When we arrived, the staff was asleep and did not help us at all. After he talked about us with others negatively and made fun of us even we were at that place. His attitude was really rude. The facility was ok but not that clean. Not recommend

Nice clean hostel in good location. Friendly staff. Described was a chilled hostel and was until a stag do arrived on Friday night.

This hostel has a great location, close to the metro and the main square(s). Clean, comfortable rooms and a great living room. Free breakfast and computer access. Wifi only works in the common rooms. Great international staff! They will make you feel at home.