Shiado Hostel Reviews

Rua Anchieta 5 - 3, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel has a great location, close to the metro and the main square(s). Clean, comfortable rooms and a great living room. Free breakfast and computer access. Wifi only works in the common rooms. Great international staff! They will make you feel at home.

Shiado Hostel really was the perfect place for me in Lisbon. The location is right in the middle of everything, with the metro, the river, and train stations minutes or steps away. Bairro Alto and Baixa are also only a very short walk and the beautiful neighborhoods of Castelo and Alfama are easily accessible as well. Shiado was a great homebase from which to explore the city. The staff were always genuinely interested in helping make my stay the best possible. Thank you!

• 7th Apr 2015

The staff at Shiado Hostel is outright friendly und very helpful. That was great! The one thing that bottered me a bit was the somewhat cheap "sustainabillity-policy" of the hostel. Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate asking the hostel's guest to try to safe water and electricity. But having to push the shower's button every second in order to keep it running and washing your dishes with a trickle of water was quite annoying.

• 20th Mar 2015

My favourite hostel so far! The staff were awesome especially since I arrived there at 5am and a little bit of a wreck. It's situated in a really nice part of Lisbon. Breakfast is delicious and free. The Internet can't be accessed in the rooms down the hall but it's fine. The common areas are lovely and I met some awesome people there. The showers are a little weak but I think it's because they're trying to save water to keep the costs down. Would definitely recommend!

Very good place!! Staff very kind and perfect lacalization!!

super stay! only to recommend!

We had a great time at the Shiado Hostel. The staff was really friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere was extremely welcoming! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• 6th Mar 2015

Great atmosphere, very clean facilities and nice staff

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Portugal

The location is the best and Goncalo is the most helpful receptionist I have ever met, The overall experience was definitely 10/10.

Great Hostel, couldn't ask for better value

I absolutely loved this hostel!! Everything was perfect. The common room was great for socializing, the breakfast in the morning was the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel, and the beds were comfortable. No complaints here.

It's bene Luke feeling at home! I will surely come back

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Finland

Best hostel I have been to!

• 23rd Jan 2015

When it comes relation of quality to price this is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Where else can you pay just 10 euro for a bed in a really nicely designed, clean, bright, warm room and also get free breakfast! All the services were spot on, it was really useful to have a fully equipped kitchen to cook in. All the staff were really friendly, nice, helpful and informative, and the location is ideal.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • superseapig

I liked the pictures instead of names of what the cupboards contain, the opportunity to cook something any time, late breakfast, basics like salt, herbs and oils, good working computers and Wifi, common room at the sun side of the building, wonderful interior, separated garbage, spacious rooms, etc. but most of all the relaxed, kind and correct staff. The location of the garbage cans could be better and to go pi pi at night, without long distance sleepwalks, the bathrooms should be mixed

Great! Very friendly staff, awesome location and gorgeous rooms

Undoubtedly had a great stay at Shiado Hostel! The Spanish receptionist Miguel was very knowledgeable about Lisboa and about Portugal. All of Miguel's tips definitely made it easier for me to enjoy Lisboa like a local. The hostel facilities were superb and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers. Way to go Shiado. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Lisboa.

Make something with the showers !!!!!! It is impossible in the same time to press the button for a water and to take a shower !

My second stay at Shiado reminded rather visiting friends. I have been greeted so friendly. I always meet there interesting and inspiring people. I love location of the hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Atmosphere of the place is unforgettable - that's why I would like to be coming back there as many times as it is possible.