Shijia Inn (By the Bund) Reviews

No. 480 middle Sichuan Road, Shanghai, China

Neighbours from another rooms were too noisy.

You can get a lot better value, if you book a couple of days in advanced. Firstly this hotel has 2 locations, the location listed on the site is the nicer location while the cheaper rooms are located a 5 minute walk down the road. Everything is very standard for China, not that clean, poor lighting, no thought to put plugs next to or near a bed. I stayed in a 4 star hotel 5 mins from here the following 3 nights for only £4 more and it was far nicer as you would expect.

• 25th Apr 2014

We only stayed in this Budget hotel because all of the Hostels were booked. While the location is excellent, I would advise travellers to spend an extra few dollars on a nicer hotel. We arrived late and our taxi couldn't find the hotel because they turned off the sign outside the building. Then we couldn't sleep because you can hear EVERY LITTLE SOUND outside your room, people coming back late, slamming their doors, talking, walking, everything. Overall it was one of the worst hotels.

On the plus side - good location. Down side - the room was not very clean. I could see old stains on the desks and other surfaces in the room. The room I lived in was also very torn. The paint on the walls looked ready to fall off in some places. I guess it's still okay because it is very cheap. If someone like me, just needed a place to sleep for a night, I think it will be just fine.

Although able to provide a copy of my original passport with visa that was being held by the authorities for processing, was unable to stay at this hostel. No refund on deposit.

Although this hotel is very well located (2 minutes walk from the Bund) and close to the metro station, it is a very poor quality hotel. We had to ask to be moved to a room WITH A WINDOW! Our room was drab, out of date and covered in mould. I would not recommend this hotel despite it's location. Next time I would spend more money and find a better quality hotel slightly further away from the Bund.

Good location... dirty and noisy rooms....

• 30th Jan 2014