Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House Reviews

2-7-4 Nishi Nakajima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan

It's a little out of the Center of Osaka being on the northern side of the river. The accommodations were good and the staff were very friendly.

• 21st Sep 2014

We had a really great time at the Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House. The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. It was very easy to find and had a good, relaxed atmosphere. If I'm going to stay in Osaka again, I'll definitely be coming back. Highly recommended.

I was passing through Osaka and I needed a place for the night because jet-lag I was very tired. The place is good enough for backpackers and low-cost travelers, good Wi-Fi signal, air conditioner in all the rooms and in the common places. The bathroom (where you take shower: in Japan it's different than restroom) has a shower and a bathtub, but during August it's very humid and hot and you can't leave the window open because it's in front of other houses. Good for the money i've spent.

I stayed 6 nights and it's all good. It's a clean and well-located guest house. I enjoyed the sunset along the yodo river very much! They had a free of charge yukata-try-on night on every Thursday. It's interesting and so unexpected to me.

Thank you very much. "YUKATA-try-on at Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House" is my first time trying for guests. I'm so happy to heir from you that enjoying Japanese style. Please visit us again!

Location is fine. Little bit hard to find upon first arrival. But the girl on duty was very welcoming and kind. She helped me with travel info too. It wasn't a very happening place while I was there but I think that's only because not many travellers come to Osaka. As a place to kip for a few nights it's fine.

It's a great hostel. I spent 7 nights there, and I enjoyed every night in Tomato Osaka. 1. It's convenient. It's just nearby a subway station, and that subway station is really close to Osaka station and Sin-Osaka station. 2. It's comfortable. The bedroom they offer is really clean and really wide. And it is have a nice living room. 3. It has a awesome night view for Osaka City on the river bank nearby Tomato. I recommend every backpacker who looking for hostel in Osaka choosing Tomato.

The hostel is located in shin-osaka which is a little bit out of the centre but this shows with the price. It's an excellent little hostel and the staff are very helpful and speak very good English. Be sure to get directions from the hostel as it is a bit off the beaten track but in a nice and peaceful area. I walked from the Willer bus stop and it took about 40 minutes although the tube would be a lot quicker!

Outside the city center but easy to reach with train / subway

Thank you for staying. we hope you enjoyed your trip.

I booked a bed in the female dorm but had to stay in the mixed dorm because the hostel made a mistake. The beds weren't comfortable and the top bunks didn't have curtains (which would have been nice since it was a mixed dorm!). Location was good, only about a 15 min walk from Shin Osaka station, but it was a little hard to find the first night.

Thank you for staying. we are sorry for inconvinience and erro booking. we will be careful about it.

Hard to find; facilities were not very clean (but can't expect much since there was only 1 staff per night). Closest we could find during the peak spring season, you get what you pay for. Worth it only you have a daily pass to travel to and fro to Kyoto/Osaka.

Thank you for staying. we hope you enjoyed Osaka.