Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House Reviews

2-7-4 Nishi Nakajima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan

The hostel is a great place for a very affordable rate. It's a very clean place and the staff are also really friendly. The hostel is not located in the center of Osaka but it's about 5-10 minute walk away from the nearest train station. There's also a Family Mart near the area for all your snack needs.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

good location ,friendly

It was fantastic! Thanks to our jost Yuji-san, everything was a-ok! We were able to check-in earlier. Thanks to him, we didn't have to bring all our luggages and we were able to go to places with no worries at all!

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

Cheers for Yuji, the Japanese bus ninja, and for Lisa, the SIM card geisha, both went beyond the call of duty to smooth my path in Japan. Arigato!

Thank you for the few nights stay. The hostel was very clean and the staff friendly. I will be back if I'm ever in Osaka again.

Price = service

Me and my cousin loved this hostel. The staff is superfriendly and helpful, there's enough room, everything's clean, it's close to the station, there's a nice panoramic view of Osaka just across the road, ... Only con is that the beds are quite hard so if you suffer from back pain or something this might not be the best option.

Location is not near the tourist area which you need to change train in shin- Osaka station and change train again at Osaka station and change train again at imamiya or tenoji station to reach to tourist area. The staff is helpful, friendly and nice. The room is clean. Common area no TV but has CCTV, no computer for the guest to use, no free green tea or coffe like others hostel or guest house in Japan, if you want to drink hot water you need to boil it.

Very nice, clean and confortable place. The staff was very kind. Nevertheless the location is not the best and I didn't like that they keep the door open 24h.

Very poor hostel. Uncomfortable and dirty. Bathroom in particular was filthy with mould scum and water which didn't go down the sink because of blockage. Go elsewhere.

Hostel is good for those who are only looking for a place to sleep in, which was exactly what I needed. Facilities were great and the bunk beds were comfortable. It is also great for those who want to be near Shin-Osaka since hostel is far from downtown Osaka. Quiet hostel and area and nice view outside in the morning. Not the hostel if you are looking to meet people and have parties. Facilities and rooms were clean as well. Thank you for the stay!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, location close to Shinosaka was good as well

good wifi reception, a bit tricky to get in. Good money for the value though

It's a little out of the Center of Osaka being on the northern side of the river. The accommodations were good and the staff were very friendly.

• 21st Sep 2014

hi there, for what it offers is the hostel in my opinion too expensive. its off the city, hard to find and the beds were stone hard. i dont mind futons, but these were a bit too much. staff were amazing though:) everything else was booked out so i had to take this, in general i'd say: book somewhere else, if you cant, take it, in the end its nice enough for a night or two=) all the best=)

We had a really great time at the Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House. The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. It was very easy to find and had a good, relaxed atmosphere. If I'm going to stay in Osaka again, I'll definitely be coming back. Highly recommended.

I was passing through Osaka and I needed a place for the night because jet-lag I was very tired. The place is good enough for backpackers and low-cost travelers, good Wi-Fi signal, air conditioner in all the rooms and in the common places. The bathroom (where you take shower: in Japan it's different than restroom) has a shower and a bathtub, but during August it's very humid and hot and you can't leave the window open because it's in front of other houses. Good for the money i've spent.

I stayed 6 nights and it's all good. It's a clean and well-located guest house. I enjoyed the sunset along the yodo river very much! They had a free of charge yukata-try-on night on every Thursday. It's interesting and so unexpected to me.

Thank you very much. "YUKATA-try-on at Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House" is my first time trying for guests. I'm so happy to heir from you that enjoying Japanese style. Please visit us again!

Location is fine. Little bit hard to find upon first arrival. But the girl on duty was very welcoming and kind. She helped me with travel info too. It wasn't a very happening place while I was there but I think that's only because not many travellers come to Osaka. As a place to kip for a few nights it's fine.

It's a great hostel. I spent 7 nights there, and I enjoyed every night in Tomato Osaka. 1. It's convenient. It's just nearby a subway station, and that subway station is really close to Osaka station and Sin-Osaka station. 2. It's comfortable. The bedroom they offer is really clean and really wide. And it is have a nice living room. 3. It has a awesome night view for Osaka City on the river bank nearby Tomato. I recommend every backpacker who looking for hostel in Osaka choosing Tomato.