Shin-Osaka Tomato Guest House Reviews

2-7-4 Nishi Nakajima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka, Japan

It's a great hostel. I spent 7 nights there, and I enjoyed every night in Tomato Osaka. 1. It's convenient. It's just nearby a subway station, and that subway station is really close to Osaka station and Sin-Osaka station. 2. It's comfortable. The bedroom they offer is really clean and really wide. And it is have a nice living room. 3. It has a awesome night view for Osaka City on the river bank nearby Tomato. I recommend every backpacker who looking for hostel in Osaka choosing Tomato.

The hostel is located in shin-osaka which is a little bit out of the centre but this shows with the price. It's an excellent little hostel and the staff are very helpful and speak very good English. Be sure to get directions from the hostel as it is a bit off the beaten track but in a nice and peaceful area. I walked from the Willer bus stop and it took about 40 minutes although the tube would be a lot quicker!

Outside the city center but easy to reach with train / subway

Thank you for staying. we hope you enjoyed your trip.

I booked a bed in the female dorm but had to stay in the mixed dorm because the hostel made a mistake. The beds weren't comfortable and the top bunks didn't have curtains (which would have been nice since it was a mixed dorm!). Location was good, only about a 15 min walk from Shin Osaka station, but it was a little hard to find the first night.

Thank you for staying. we are sorry for inconvinience and erro booking. we will be careful about it.

Hard to find; facilities were not very clean (but can't expect much since there was only 1 staff per night). Closest we could find during the peak spring season, you get what you pay for. Worth it only you have a daily pass to travel to and fro to Kyoto/Osaka.

Thank you for staying. we hope you enjoyed Osaka.

I love the staff they are great!!!

• 30th Mar 2014

Thank you for kind reply. I wish your safe and great travel !!

First of all, the Hostelworld Listing is incorrect - they do NOT offer internet access, only WiFi. They do have a computer, but staff are not allowed to use it. I had to send/receive some important emails, so had to borrow computers, smartphones, and even go to an internet cafe. If had known that this hostel did not offer computer terminals, I would not have chosen it. Aside from that, it is a decent place to stay. Quiet, clean, and near a good transit hub.

Thank you for staying. As we described our HW hotel info below, 「3.Free WiFi is available with your own Lap-top.」. We are sorry for misunderstanding. hope you enjoyed japan.

Staff very nice, close to the subway station and view over the river which is very nice. You don't hav locker on the dorm but some locker on the living room if you want to secure some staff. Definitely a good hostel for a budget price!

Very nice hostel, but the living room is a little small. I like to stay at hostels and meet people and this place seemed a little more like just a nice place to stay. The location is quite good, but the directions to get there are quite difficult. Just exit the station, turn right and walk down the road until you see a Shell station on the left, cross the street and walk past the Shell station until you can't walk anymore, and the hostel is on the right.

The location of the hostel was very good only 5 minutes away from Umeda and only a few minutes walk from nishi nakajima minami gate station on the midosuji line. The facilities were also very nice and well kept.

Nice location, great price offer. good experience

Awesome. The beds are all nice, a little bit tough but just fine. It gives you just enough intimacy and big enough. has a common place.