Shinjuku Kuyakusyomae Capsule Hotel Reviews

1-2-5, Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The lockers are a little far from the capsules, and the light in the capsule emits too much heat. Other than that it's a good capsule hotel.

This is a traditional capsule hotel - not a hostel! The average customers are businessmen who get drunk and don't want to face their wives after a night of drinking. Not exactly a haven. Isolating if you're traveling alone - there is no social space. I will say though, having a capsule experience (including a traditional bathhouse experience) is pretty amazing...a real cultural immersion. The place is clean and safe, with a good location. Just not a social travellers hostel.

My friend and I booked the capsule hotel so we could experience it at least once. We weren't expecting much but this place went above and beyond our expectations. The location is amazing. It's in the heart of Shinjuku and about 7 minutes away from the JR line. The place itself is clean, the bathrooms are huge and advanced, and they provide everything you need (toiletries, slippers, pajamas, etc.). The capsule itself more spacious than what I thought it would be and it has a TV in it.

It's better to come with small luggage since lockers are quite small.

Excellent location location, capsule good only for maximum 2 or 3 nights and check in and check out every day, it sucks!!!!

The way description was very poor, because the mentioned street is three blocks away from JR Shinjuku station east exit. The entrance to the hotel is somehow hidden. It would help to say that there is a pub and on the left hand there is the elevator to the hotel An update is recommended.

This was my first time in a capsule inn and it was a great experience. I'd highly recommend doing this while you are in Japan for the experience.

One slight annoyance, turning up at 3.40pm and the guy on the desk being absolutely adamant I can't check in until 4pm. So barring this minor annoyance, I came for the capsule experience and I sure got it! Comfy capsule and the facilities included an onsen, which was a pretty relaxing way to spend my last night in Japan. Great location too in Shinjuku. If you want the capsule experience this is certainly the place for it