Shiralea Backpackers Resort

8.2
Fabulous 441 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017

really awesome place to stay would definitely stay again if i came back.

7th Aug 2017
5.7

Thai cleaners put shorts into bin along with top not once but TWICE!! Managed to save my top second time round unfortunately my shorts didn't make it out. Hostel staff didn't believe me stating it as a 'poor excuse' for losing my shorts along with the key in the pocket meaning I didn't get my deposit back. Won't be back ever again.

6th Aug 2017
7.1

Hi, Positive - This place really peace and quiet but quite far from Haad Rin beach. Pool very clean and nice place too chill. Negative - If you stay at dorm the toilet shower was actually broken. I think it's nice to fix it. I don't know for me some of the workers not quite friendly. I would like to say thank you to one expat lady who works there she is so helpful with information. Overall it's good place to stay. One day will stay there again if there's opportunity. Regards Phel

• Northern Ireland, All Male Group, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
3.7

Both me and my friend stayed here for the duration of the full moon party, separated by one bed. Not only did we have multiple things stolen, including 4000 baht from my bag, our phone chargers were also taken when we had woken up. By this time the man who had been separating our beds (and also happened to be sharing the bed with one of the male receptionists at the hostel) had gone we suspect with our possessions. The bar area's also very poorly equipped and the 18 bed rooms are far too cramped

• fullchimp1
  • England, All Male Group, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

Only stayed one night. Perfect is all I can say coming from a dirty party hostel. Staff are friendly. And rooms are clean... no banging music playing at night. Had our own cabin with a hammock. Friendly night time vibe very chilled. A few seconds away from the beach. Will be returning when I'm back on my own

16th Jul 2017

Loved my time at Shiralea. The only downside is the lack of WiFi in rooms. The atmosphere is fantastic and the staff is amazing. You won't regret staying here.

• Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017
8.0

The lockers in the bunks were great and the pool was nice. Very close to the beach and a short walk to salad beach. The bar was buzzing at night, great atmosphere. Staff were a bit forgetful but meant well.

• elenaplm
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

This hostel was really nice and clean. The pool area was relatively small compared to the size of the area.

• alexandersuarezp3276
  • Colombia, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2017

It has a relaxed atmosphere. Beds have some sort of privacy from a curtain, locker at the foot of the bed, and private light. The staff at the bar is very friendly and help you out with plans and activities, the Thai staff at reception is quite the opposite. Very clean. Each day they clean bathrooms and common areas. Food is Ok but like many places a bit overpriced. Cheaper and more authentic places are 3km away. Eventually there are tour groups coming in that make the place a bit loud.

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

Really enjoyed our stay here. The water stopped working in our Hut, so we got a free upgrade to an air con room. Staff were friendly and the pool was very nice... Bit far away from everything though.. Would stay again.