Shiralea Backpackers Resort Reviews

58/18 Moo 8, Haad Yao West, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Loved this hostel! It's clean, we had our own bungalow and although there was some trouble with the power in our room, the friendly staff did everything they could to help us. 10/10!!

• 1st Feb 2016

Shiralea was great! The staff was friendly and helpful, the beds were big, clean and comfortable. A curtain provides privacy and they have very big lockers. I loved the atmosphere in the bar and restaurant and the food was very very good.

Had a really enjoyable few days, Koh Phangan on the whole was quiet but Shiralea was still able to create a fun and entertaining atmosphere. Staff were so helpful, genuinely nothing was too much to ask! Really great hostel, would happily come back again.

• 29th Jan 2016

Great hostel, great atmosphere if you want to chill during the day and have a few beers.

Amazing hostel! Great atmosphere at the restaurant/bar and pool, location near the beach, and super chill staff. Best place I stayed in Thailand!

Good location, comfortable dorms, pool, for cheap: perfect !

Shiralea is an excellent hostel, the facilities are great, the staff are incredible and you always feel welcome. The dorm rooms are great with absolutely huge lockers and great bathroom facilities. I loved this place so much I'm returning next month.

I was just looking for somewhere to relax by the beach for a few days and I can't really come up with anything negative to say about my stay at Shiralea. Beds came with drapes for privacy, lockers right beside the bed, individual lights and power sockets. Staff were great. Pool was clean. It's 2 min walk from Haad Yao beach and scooter rentals. So good budget alternative, compared to the other resorts. I

Really a nice and relaxed place. Nice swimmingpool, just 2 min walk from the beach. Relaxed atmosphere in the bar area, food was really good!

Best place I stayed in Ko Phangang! Wicked atmosphere and staff were brilliant! Defiantly going back soon! 👍 What time is it?? CHANG TIME!!!!! 😉

Far from the full moon but best atmosphere and facilities!

Awesome place! Dorms were super clean and the restaurant/bar is amazing! It was raining the whole time but still so fun

I absolutely loved this place. The island was under an intense storm for 2 of the 3 days I stayed here. Most of us felt inclined to simply stay at the Hostel during this time. Thankfully Shiralea's community space was large, comfortable, and well staffed. Food was excellent, and the staff put on a large scale game for everyone present which entertained us for hours. My bed was comfortable, the AC worked well, and the pool was a nice change of pace. I loved the hammocks! Loved this place.

Amazing hostel to stay at if you're looking to stay up North! It's 2 seconds from the beach and 7/11 not too far away. I was impressed by the cleanliness compared to other hostels because the beach is so close. I thought value for money was on point.

Great pool area and bar on site although I feel the food and drink is slightly overpriced. Great atmosphere also good relationship between staff and customers as many staff are young and British. Dorm beds very comfortable and private with curtain and also huge cupboard to lock away valuables and bag. Only negative that toilets were cleaned only once a day early morning by thai staff shouting and singing hence waking up guests. Booked for 2 nights stayed 4.

The fan bungalows were really good value, basic but had everything you need. Security box was good and the hammock on the balcony was a nice touch, although the curtains in our hut were just lace which meant a lot of light in the room at night. Staff were amazing, really friendly and helpful and the restaurant/bar was really good, loads of different drinks and good, cheap food. Only downside was a lot of noise going on at night, but that could have just been the crowd staying there at the time.

Great place to stay and the staff were brilliant. The bar served great food and there was a nice big pool but not a lot to do if the weather isn't great Would definitely recommend to others along my travels

This is a perfect hostel set up. Good bar area, games area, pool, drinking games etc. It's close to the beach a dive shop and a 7/11. The hut was a good size with hot water and a fan. The food and drink was a little costly but I suppose that's islands. It's a shame we were both sick the whole 2 days we were there. The only negative was that it was a bit cliquey. Like, There was a cross dress thing on a Tue and we had no idea about it. It wouldnt have mattered anyway cos we were sick. Top place!!

Pros: Cheap, close to Haad Yao beach, friendly staff Cons: Really dirty bathrooms :( I stayed at the hostel for 24h and the bathrooms were not cleaned during that time. The dorms had a musty smell (it had been raining) and the aircon didn't seem to help at all. Wifi only worked in the restaurant and reception, not in the dorm.

Brilliant hostel if you're looking to have a more relaxing time on the island, far away from Full Moon Beach so if you're looking to stay for Full Moon possibly look for somewhere closer but highly recommend the hostel.