8.5
Fabulous 662 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 662 Total Reviews
Shoestrings Airport Lodge Located at 85 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park 1619, Johannesburg.
South Africa
Johannesburg Johannesburg 16 85 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park 1619
85% 662
-26.1248869 28.2321596
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
27th Nov 2016

Really helpful staff that go the extra mile. Great value and location for if you need to be by the airport too. Stayed in the dorm room. Would recommend.

11th Nov 2016

Very simple but great for a quick trip. Run by a really nice guy and the free pickup/drop off is great

8th Nov 2016

You can't get any closer to the airport! This is a great location when you have to catch a flight. The owner was great, and fun to talk to. Rooms were nice with everything you need. Security was good for joberg.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2016

Perfect one night stop 5/10 mins from the airport. The guy who runs it was very friendly and made us feel right at home!

• Canada, Male, 31-40
30th Sep 2016

Amazing place to stay! The owner Rob was most helpful in helping me and my girlfriend piece together our itinerary in South Africa and surrounding countries! Top notch service with the Airport pickup and drop off and he really took the time to give us valuable advice on what to do and what not to do. Highly recommended and I already booked my next stay in this backpacker friendly hostel!

• marielinn
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Sep 2016
7.7

Rob is a wonderful friendly and reliable host. When he picked me up at the airport I felt home already. Unfortunately they don't have the best beds. But as I only stayed for one night and had a connecting flight, it was totally fine.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
10th Sep 2016
7.7

I wanted something cheap and close to the airport to lay my head until my next flight which is what I got. With the free airport transfers it makes it worthwhile. Owner friendly enough but I wouldn't fancy it for a longer stay as very dated, could do with new matresses in dorms and refresh bathrooms.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

All round outstanding. Super relaxed. Could not possibly get better value for money.

• Spain, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2016
5.7

Old rooms, old furniture, ants in the room (for no more than one night stay)...but it's near to the airport, free wifi and free shuttle

11th Aug 2016

We stayed for one night and we felt very welcomed. We phoned for a pick up to the hostel from the airport and it was very easy and the owner met us there with no problems. We booked to stay in a double bedroom and it was big, spacious, clean and had a huge ensuite bathroom. The owner was very helpful the whole stay and showed us various activities we could do as well as nearby restaurants. He also drove us back to the airport so we could hire a car, free of charge.