8.2
Fabulous 616 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 616 Total Reviews
Shoestrings Airport Lodge Located at 85 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park 1619, Johannesburg.
South Africa
Johannesburg Johannesburg 16 85 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park 1619
82% 616
-26.1248869 28.2321596
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016

In a perfect location for airport transfers and next to a big hotel where you can go and eat in the restaurant. The owners were lovely and provided transfers to and from the airport. Breakfast was included and the rooms were comfortable.

14th Apr 2016
7.7

Rob went above and beyond to help you, which makes up for the ants in both the bathroom and dorm room. a spot for a quick stay before heading out, but nothing more.

• Norway, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Mar 2016

Great place to stay! We only spent one night there, but thanks to a very helpful owner we got to see some of Joburg before leaving. He gave us cards for the Gautrain, drove us to the station, and even picked us up when we gave him a call. The breakfast was alright, and the rooms and common areas were really nice. Only negative we can think of is the lack of showers (there was only one for too many people ).

• England, Female, 25-30
25th Feb 2016
6.0

Rob was amazing as he took me to the airport and also I was upgraded to a private room. The dorm room was horrible and the bathrooms are not in great condition. It's fantastic as its close to the airport and Rob. Otherwise I would not book again. Bare in mind you need to have food for dinner as even though There is a hotel across the road, Jo Burgh is unsafe and at night I would not consider walking there.

12th Feb 2016

Amazing location, just across the motorway from the Johannesburg airport terminal, in a safe neighborhood. The facility could definitely use a remodel but is clean and inexpensive. The best thing about Shoestrings Lodge however, is the fellow who runs it, Rob Hicks. He is very sociable and will do all he can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

4th Feb 2016
7.4

Rob is a super nice and the place is exactly what you need to stay close to the airport. The building is a huge house which was turned into a hostel. If you need a place next to the airport look no further.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
27th Jan 2016
7.1

The accommodation was exactly what I needed for a reasonable rate. Rob collected me and dropped me at the airport as I needed and even gave me a glass of complimentary red wine. I was very satisfied

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Jan 2016

This is an excellent hostel, so close to the airport. The room and bathrooms were clean, as were the sheets. It was very secure. There was very little noise, although it was so close to the airport. Rob was great, he picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at 5am! There is a hotel across the road which does good food at a reasonable price. It was very easy and safe to cross the road for this. I can highly recommend this hostel.

19th Jan 2016

Coming or going from Joberg airport? This is THE place to stay. Porprietor Rob picks you up with a welcoming smile that puts you at ease immediately. Inn is located mere moments from the airport but feels peaceful with lush grounds around and lots of public spaces to chill or mingle. I enjoyed a lovely soak in the private room bath and one of the most restful nights sleep of my road trip. Not a rowdy party house, just great value at an unbeatable location.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2016

Really great, will be back soon!