Shoestrings Backpackers Reviews

12 West Drive, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

This hostel was the loudest most annoying hostel that I've ever stayed at. I didn't get a wink of sleep until 3 am... Thin ways and no quiet hours. Also, I thought the staff was a bit annoying and it was overpriced.

You get what u pay for. It's a nice place to stay. Nice atmosphere at evenings. Good food and good prices for Vic falls. Nice people I met as well

Good location, decent atmosphere every night. A bit run down though

so I only stayed at shoestrings for 1.5 weeks, but I was in Vic Falls staying at the orphanage for about 3 weeks and would visit shoestrings regularly. It's definitely the party place getting busy around 10, but everyone has to be out by midnight so guests aren't disturbed. The property is huge and I luckily got to know a lot of the guys who work the shops in back. I absolutely love this place and can't wait to return next year to visit old friends!

I really liked this place. I had 3 nights here and felt pretty attached to it when I left. I ended up splurging quite hard and did a bungee, a day trip to Chobe in Botswana, and a chopper ride. After trekking through all the shops on the main strip, you realise that the best deal is from the hostel itself! Save yourselves the pain, effort, and money, and just go with the hostel guys! All three trips were utterly amazing and 100% recommended... even had my own private safari in Bots! Thanks guys.

Shoestrings has a great location. Staff was helpful. Unfortunately, music is played at the bar until midnight or so. The rooms are close by so it is difficult to get sleep there. Would be much better if the music would stop around 9 or 10 pm so people could sleep. Mostly a younger crowd at Shoestrings.

The musicians are excellente but keeping music SO loud and permanently from midday to midnight makes it such that you don't enjoy it. They can do their music but early afternoon and after 10pm they should not play it so loud or a bit further from the dorms so that people can rest if they are in their rooms.

• 1st May 2015

Shoe strings is one of the best lodges iv been to in recent years. had an awesome stay there and im definetly considering coming there in december.

• 16th Apr 2015